View Full Version : Please activate the Help Channel by default

ichinin
12-07-04, 13:28
I'm tired of explaining how to activate the help channel for the 58th time, please set it to Active for new players in the next patch.

athon
12-07-04, 13:31
Good idea. Help, Zone and Faction perhaps should be active by default.

Athon Solo

Xylaz
12-07-04, 13:34
Yes, this is very serious issue. Its pretty hard to explain new players via DM that he actually have to unmute it first...

And tbh i think all channells should be unmuted at start, it's much easier to tell someone "click on the little x to mute the channel" than trying to convince someone to find invisible "x" left to the channel name...

Archeus
12-07-04, 13:43
a long time ago they put a patch in which made all forums unmuted. But that seems to have disappeared.

They should have something like more buttons..

[Buddy]
[Local]
[Direct]
[Team]
[OOC]
[Faction]
- Subdivide by politics/general/trade
[Help]
[Trade]
- Subdivide by trade optioins
[Skills]
- Subdivide by skills

NaKoth
13-07-04, 08:52
I'm tired of explaining how to activate the help channel for the 58th time, please set it to Active for new players in the next patch.

Best post ever !

Sundiver
13-07-04, 11:31
Excellent idea, please do this!

Conduit
13-07-04, 11:48
Excellent idea, i was going to make a post about this myself.

Please make Help, Zone & Faction channel on by default for new players, you know it makes sense.

5 stars.

SilentEye
13-07-04, 12:00
SEX!.. Err.. YES!

sanityislost
13-07-04, 14:03
Daaaaaamn good idea 5 stars and some rep for joo :D

SiL ..:..

P4mp3rk3
13-07-04, 14:52
Sure =)

Benjie
13-07-04, 15:05
a long time ago they put a patch in which made all forums unmuted. But that seems to have disappeared.

They should have something like more buttons..

[Buddy]
[Local]
[Direct]
[Team]
[OOC]
[Faction]
- Subdivide by politics/general/trade
[Help]
[Trade]
- Subdivide by trade optioins
[Skills]
- Subdivide by skills

How about just those buttons with no subdivision? Is there really a need for those?

Pro-City and Anti-City should have seperate world chat, and be only able to hear Zone and Local.

Nice post btw.

Selendor
13-07-04, 15:08
Since they are ripping apart the Interface for DoY, maybe that is a good time to turn on these things by default - Beta testers add it to your list of things to check!