PDA

View Full Version : Banned accounts being sold on ebay???

winnoc
12-07-04, 12:25
Funny,

I was just browsing ebay and saw a very famous person's neocron account being up for sale on Ebay.

Price is realy low, and some people allready made bids on it. Then all the way at the bottom in infinitely small print it says :"character is currently banned ...... but it's sure to get unbanned ....."

Also he blatantly says that some of his chars were GM capped??????

n3m
12-07-04, 12:28
yeah I heard last night, made me rofl

Same here koro, didn't expect to see him banned..

Clownst0pper
12-07-04, 12:29
Ive known the player in question for years, and honestly, I wouldnt think it was like him to do such things.

If nothing more, im a little disapointed at many of the ban results. Friends who I thought were, and I trusted, well, you really cant.

Marx
12-07-04, 12:32
Wow, just wow. rofl

Other info: Account is Currently banned due to a massive crackdown in cheats. The decision by ReaKKtor to ban such a large amount of people for only suspected use has been challenged by the community, and many current volunteers/employees of ReaKKtor. Due to the large controversy surounding this issue, the ban will more than likely be overturned. Ive been told by a few current GM's that this ban overturn will be finalized by the 20th of July, and currently there is an overwhelming number voting to unban said accounts. Since said ban, I have decided that a company that bans many of its most prominent and hardcore players is not something that I care to support any longer which is why I am selling the account instaed of waiting to be unbanned. No refund will be issued if said ban is not reversed.

Clownst0pper
12-07-04, 12:35
Wow, just wow. rofl

More fool anyone who bids.

winnoc
12-07-04, 12:38
Well, it's just that i think he cunningly made links to the info of his char, so people get distracted by that and not read the SMALL print at the bottom.

Someone should contact all the bidders and let them know :-)

Original monk
12-07-04, 12:38
youre dumb if ya bid on a banned account lol

also things like: GMcapped and stuff, doesnt feel a 100% safe o_O

but thats not up for discussion here, wich is understandable

Archeus
12-07-04, 12:40
Hilarious that the text is in tiny small print. If I was bidding, I'd hold out until July 20th before paying. Although $8 for the current bid, he would be sick if they did unban it, considering the person could turn around and strip the characters and sell the items.

winnoc
12-07-04, 12:43
I hope they sort all that stuff out once and for all.
I've seen many good games go down the drain because of the "acts we cannot discus".

Marx
12-07-04, 12:54
he would be sick if they did unban it, considering the person could turn around and strip the characters and sell the items.
I sincerely doubt they're going to be unbanning people.

winnoc
12-07-04, 12:56
If they do, they would have more people against them for doing it than there are now (for having banned friends etc)/

Marx
12-07-04, 12:56
If they do, they would have more people against them for doing it than there are now (for having banned friends etc)/
All the more reason to stand their ground, no?

j0rz
12-07-04, 13:00
Well don't cheat n don't get banned simple :D

is it worth riskin lossing every thing from getting a gm capped chars

i might sell my accounts in the next few weeks i just don't have the time now 8| gf's time to get my life back :wtf: :lol:

Nidhogg
12-07-04, 13:01
I know it doesn't really need to be said but I'll say it anyway. Banned accounts purchased from EBay will not be unbanned once they have changed hands. You will be wasting your money.

N

j0rz
12-07-04, 13:05
I know it doesn't really need to be said but I'll say it anyway. Banned accounts purchased from EBay will not be unbanned once they have changed hands. You will be wasting your money.

N

i think gm capped chars accounts should ne wiped and banned so theres nothing on them would make people think twice before cheating at this game cheats buggered up counter strike. Can't u install anti cheat software into the clients so people can't use wall hacks aimbots etc... would be alot better just my 2 cents. :cool:

winnoc
12-07-04, 13:13
I don't know how expensive it is to include punkbuster licenses in the clients, but it sure cleaned up America's Army (FPS).
Also people will think twice to use cheats on their capped accounts if they know there is a regularly updated detection client running with their game.

And yes, if a GM has capped chars, maybe they should reset all the gm capped chars, as i doubt that particular GM would have done just one account. (In the hypothesis that this is true off course)

ezza
12-07-04, 13:32
funny, hes got 6 bids so far.

guess people like having accounts that say banned for 3000 days or whatever

Genty
12-07-04, 13:35
Guess this shows how important it is to read the small print. :rolleyes:

winnoc
12-07-04, 13:36
Hehehe, i'm sending emails to all the bidders with the quote from nidhog :-)

DigestiveBiscui
12-07-04, 13:50
pffffft well, kk did go nuts over th abnning action :rolleyes:

then again - cant see any being unbanned. I have tried to ask gm's about certain players i know didnt cheat yet got banned, but they seem very strict on the matter

Clownst0pper
12-07-04, 14:06
pffffft well, kk did go nuts over th abnning action :rolleyes:

then again - cant see any being unbanned. I have tried to ask gm's about certain players i know didnt cheat yet got banned, but they seem very strict on the matter

This is true.

its always important to read the small print

Magic Sausage
12-07-04, 14:43
They say there cheats were logged onto some database they have...

The DB must be on saturn... with all the cheats being logged it crashes the server :P

winnoc
12-07-04, 16:35
I got a reply from the guy bidding on the account:

Ah i see the very very very small print at the bottom.. what an idiot trying to scam people, thanks alot m8.. bid retracted

SilKK
12-07-04, 16:42
tis funny everyone knew certian characters of this certain person were gm capped but hes only just got banned

poor tbh

edited for ezza ^^

Moscow
12-07-04, 16:45
For all the fuss and complaining I've heard over the banning actions "being too far" or "sending the game on it's way to collapse", there doesn't seem to be an awful lot of evidence supporting that. Hell, in the days surrounding the bannings I actually saw the server populations increase.

Likewise, I find it absolutely hilarious how a number of "ban the cheaters! They're bad for the game!" people did a sudden one-eighty on their view when it turned to be friends or clan members that were part of the banned group.

Ah well.

Ideals are nice to have, but facing up to their reality is something different altogether.

Peace.

-Moscow

ezza
12-07-04, 16:46
tis funny everyone knew certian characters of ***** were gm capped but hes only just got banned

poor tbh
err naming names aint a good idea

jernau
12-07-04, 17:05
Sad to see in so many ways. :(

zii
12-07-04, 17:13
contact ebay and let them know. the seller is selling broken goods.

jernau
12-07-04, 17:15
contact ebay and let them know. the seller is selling broken goods.That's allowed as long as they are sold with some form of caveat emptor. In fact it's actually quite common.

The most they would do is ask him to change the font size at the bottom. Even that is unlikely though I suspect.

Original monk
12-07-04, 17:43
Sad to see in so many ways. :(

i feel the same as you do jernau, fo sure

also i must agree with wath silKK says ... but this is allready thin ice, so i better shut up now

trigger hurt
12-07-04, 17:44
tis funny everyone knew certian characters of this certain person were gm capped but hes only just got banned

poor tbh

edited for ezza ^^ Actually, only one is GM capped. The current GM's knew about it and the GM who did it has been banned for quite a long time. Why should they ban him for something a GM did?

Besides...as it's been said before...I'll say it again...there are some people who are still playing this game on saturn who are much more guilty of hacking than what this person did and until that issue is remedied, this "massive banning action" looks more like "let's get rid of the people who own our player chars" to me.

Gotterdammerung
12-07-04, 18:02
Here is where the issues of peoples personal compromised values comes into play.

If someone cheats thats it, it's cheating. It can't be ok if you or your friend does something unethical and you don't get caught, or think it's ok because all your clannies do it to. Or if someone you don't like does it it's bad.

I've seen arguements like

looks more like "let's get rid of the people who own our player chars" to me.

and others that are like
"OMFG KK all they did was alter something that made it possible for them to have a gold toilet in their apt. I mean FFS KK it's just a toilet, these are some of the best pvp'ers on the server and now i can't get buffs too, It's just a toilet"

Anything that those players did is now forever cast in the shadow of doubt. A good pvp'er you say? well as far as the rest of the players probably see it they got good by cheating, regardless if they swear on their moms underwear that it was only the golden toilet thing. They will be seen now as that they got good by cheating period (ie: no skill)

As for arguing the point that they got banned because they "pwnz0red" personal characters, well thats just absurd and frankly grasping at straws. No matter how it's tried to be portrayed it is cheating that they did and cheating they got caught at.

People physically altered something to give them something that other players didn't have, then took steps to conceal what they did. They got caught and banned.

Now what's so wrong about that ? seems like the right thing to do doesn't it?

Saza
12-07-04, 18:08
OMG I'M BUYING IT RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!111oneoneelven

:wtf:

james_finn
12-07-04, 18:11
Gotter I agree, I personally applaud KK for taking action against the cheaters, I never realised quite how deep it went, but I for one am glad to be playing a game where there is minimal cheating.

Delphi

trigger hurt
12-07-04, 18:21
Here is where the issues of peoples personal compromised values comes into play.

If someone cheats thats it, it's cheating. It can't be ok if you or your friend does something unethical and you don't get caught, or think it's ok because all your clannies do it to. Or if someone you don't like does it it's bad.

I've seen arguements like

and others that are like
"OMFG KK all they did was alter something that made it possible for them to have a gold toilet in their apt. I mean FFS KK it's just a toilet, these are some of the best pvp'ers on the server and now i can't get buffs too, It's just a toilet"

Anything that those players did is now forever cast in the shadow of doubt. A good pvp'er you say? well as far as the rest of the players probably see it they got good by cheating, regardless if they swear on their moms underwear that it was only the golden toilet thing. They will be seen now as that they got good by cheating period (ie: no skill)

As for arguing the point that they got banned because they "pwnz0red" personal characters, well thats just absurd and frankly grasping at straws. No matter how it's tried to be portrayed it is cheating that they did and cheating they got caught at.

People physically altered something to give them something that other players didn't have, then took steps to conceal what they did. They got caught and banned.

Now what's so wrong about that ? seems like the right thing to do doesn't it?
If that is your stance on it. "They got caught, they got banned", how is it that the author of some of the hacks that are now known to exist are still playing this game...or did KK finally do the right thing there too?

Please don't put words in my mouth. I have never said anything anywhere near as the word pwnz0red...damn you made me say it.

My objection to it has nothing to do with these people being my friends. Outside of neocron, I don't know them and probably wouldn't like them. Second, I hadn't played with them in about a month before the incident. What gets me is that the fact that people who did much worse and KK know about it are still there playing.

To say that the guys I know got good because they cheated is stupid...come on, set the record straight here...you know exactly why they got banned and it ain't cause they had aiming assistance. Why don't you tell the rest of the community that they got banned because of something so simple, but it's something KK said they fixed 2 patches ago...why's it still working?

Finally, I hardly call what they did unethical considering there are KK Employees going to a certain forum, reading the forum then threatening to ban players accounts over what is said there. If you want to toss ethics around, I can do it all day.

Nidhogg
12-07-04, 18:37
Finally, I hardly call what they did unethical considering there are KK Employees going to a certain forum, reading the forum then threatening to ban players accounts over what is said there. If you want to toss ethics around, I can do it all day.
I'm glad you brought that up actually. I would have responded on that other forum but I refuse to contribute to a site that hosts such offensive trash (it was posted after I visited). The person who posted that trash (which is, quite frankly, the most appalling thing I've ever read with any connection to this game) posts freely on these forums without censure. I'm not entirely sure how that fits with your statement above. You yourself have posted some pretty offensive material aimed at me personally, yet here you are...

N

Crono
12-07-04, 18:43
People being banned for a modded exe file shouldnt even be questioned as to why they were banned.

The only thing to question is why some are still there that are known cheaters, not why some were banned. Anyways if you talk about cheating on another board, its not like they gotta play deaf dumb and blind to whats being said there and to what players are doing. (and yes, even a small client mod to make something more convienient for you then everyone else is a cheat)

-Crono

Conduit
12-07-04, 18:46
Trigger....dude

how is it that the author of some of the hacks that are now known to exist are still playing this game
I imagine it's because they didn't actually use them in-game to gain an advantage, but went to KK straight away and said "look, this is what can be done, it needs fixing.". Where as the ppl you keep defending exploited to gain an advantage in the game, and said nothing about it to anyone but thier friends - they didn't 'hand them selves in', they got caught red-handed.

To say that the guys I know got good because they cheated is stupid....
Why is it?
How do we know that all they used was the 'gold toilet' exploit - because that's what they told you?
Why should you or I trust the word of someone who cheats & exploits? We only know what they choose to tell us they did.
Personally i can think of at least 2 ppl amongst that lot who got banned who were, in my opinion, guilty of a lot more than the 'golden toilet hack'. It's kinda funny that one of them was called 'Saturns best PvP'er' on another forum..

Good riddance to them

Cyphor
12-07-04, 18:59
Tbh though its the buyers fault if they bid, he has said its banned so if someone wants to bid let them...its at $6 not like its the powerbook box's that people spent hundreds of dollars on to realise it was just a box :p Lots of people on ebay prey on people who's money burns a hole in their wallet.

MrChumble
12-07-04, 19:15
You yourself have posted some pretty offensive material aimed at me personally, yet here you are...

N

Nidhogg's fluffy. That may sound like ass kissing, but quite frankly I've said more than enough to warrant a ban a dozen times over and I'm (rather miraculously) still here. So Nidhogg is clearly a huge carebear at heart, he just acts grumpy to keep us in line :p

Luckily I was on holiday when the whole banning thing happened, so I missed all the spleen venting threads which I'd no doubt have added to in my own unique way.

What I don't get though is that the people who many think cheat are still playing and the people who got banned seemed entirely legit (generally, there are a couple of exceptions).

This all brings me nicely round to why I stopped playing in the first place; there is absolutely no public accountability for anyone at any level of the NC community, from MJS right through to the newest newbie.

People get banned for reasons never explained. If you suggest to a GM/Mod that someone might be cheating you're more likely to get a ban yourself than for said GM/Mod to acknowledge something might be fishy and to go and investigate. And don't even think about suggesting that a GM is anything less than Mother Teresa reincarnated because KKs attitude to such things makes Judge Dredd look tolerant and reasonable.

It makes no difference if suspicions are raised in private or publicly, with evidence (usually rather hard to get as a player, that's why a GM/Mod would be approached in the first place) or without. KK's attitude to its community would be called a totalitarian regime if were a country.

Yet for some reason I'm still dumb enough to pay for my accounts. No doubt my turn will come to be bundled into a van and quietly disposed of.

seraphian
12-07-04, 19:43
I'm glad you brought that up actually. I would have responded on that other forum but I refuse to contribute to a site that hosts such offensive trash (it was posted after I visited). The person who posted that trash (which is, quite frankly, the most appalling thing I've ever read with any connection to this game) posts freely on these forums without censure. I'm not entirely sure how that fits with your statement above. You yourself have posted some pretty offensive material aimed at me personally, yet here you are...

N

Nid hit it right on the head. They allow you to say some pretty nasty stuff about mods (as long as you don't go into homophobic, racist or political territory) even intimate that they are involved in some unethical stuff (which has NEVER been proven to my satisfaction. ANYONE can say they were GM-capped, but the only accounts I ever hear are either from that person, who is probably just bragging and blowing smoke out their ass, or from people that claim it was a 'friend of an old clanmate' or something simularly urban-legend like) And they will not ban you.

if you had a modified .exe file, they have NO WAY of knowing what it was. it MAY have been simply something comparitively minor and citicom related, or it could have been a massive combi-hack aimbot, wall-hack and godmode bot. They have no way of knowing.

also @ Moscow, you hit it on the head, everyone is for banning cheaters until they realoze their friends are cheaters. Then it's 'not so bad''

Edit @ above: again I've played this game a fairly long time, and I've NEVER seen any evidence of a GM doing anything less-than-kosher in all that time. I know it may have happened in the past (I'm sure a GM was involved in the COPbot rifle fiasco somehow) but I think KK probably has an internal system for handling those. If they let players start making accusations publicly against GMs, the sheer volume of complaints, and the large amount of ineveitibly false ones, would do more harm than good.

trigger hurt
12-07-04, 19:51

N I'm sure you know exactly what I am talking about. Two representatives of KK, who will remain unnamed to save myself any threats from them have been to that forum and have threatened a person who pays to play this game with an account banning. Not for something he said here, but for something he said on that forum...Let me reitterate since noone seems to pay attention to it there...THAT FORUM IS NOT RELATED TO THIS GAME. We simply vent about this game and several others on that forum because you and the rest of the moderators have something against discussing community events that actually affect the community.

Instead, we have threads about things that don't even relate to the community. According to the rules of the forum, those are spam, yet they remain unclosed.

Second. Of course I have posted something you might consider offensive about you...but where did I do it? On another forum that is not related to this game in any way shape or form...but still, you criticize me in my PM's here on this forum for something I have said there. But eh, if that forum is so bad, why are you still checking it? What do you have to gain? As it's been stated, the forum isn't related to Neocron except for the fact that several people who play frequent it.

@ Conduit. I'm not defending them. They cheated, they got banned, their own fault. And to say that those peope who actually modified the client to gain an advantage went directly to KK to say "this is what can be done, you need to fix it" is laughable at best. KK wasn't doing anything about it until those "peices of evidence" surfaced and were being posted about on the forums. Hell, I was banned from the forums for even talking about those "peices of evidence".

And to your second question, condi...because I've played with these guys since the beginning of retail. They were always 'that good'.

@ MrChumble...what you dont seem to be realizing is that I have said nothing offensive about Nidhogg on this forum. All of this "offensive" posting is being done on another forum that is not related to this forum or this game in anyway.

Clothing_Option
12-07-04, 20:03
Well if your enough of a scumbag to cheat at a game
Why wouldnt the same scumbag try to beat you for your cash
These things go hand and hand.

Conduit
12-07-04, 20:08
And to your second question, condi...because I've played with these guys since the beginning of retail. They were always 'that good'.

Either that, or they've been cheating since beta.. :rolleyes:

I'm not gonna argue any more though.

Mighty Max
12-07-04, 20:39
Heya Trigger Hurt,

It is impressive how you interprate the freedom of speech.

It is tollerable to bitch at, threat and call other ppl names you would get into jail over here, when you dont tell them directly but on another forum/other place in general. But when someone comes, and tells you directly what he thinks, and what HIS decissions are gonna be, you claim it is harressment and censorship.

I think the ones who do so have to learn, that all you actions will cause reactions. If you deny to, you'll encounter some more serious problems in the future.

/me wonderes what happens if you shout through the office to a mate "Bah, the boss is such a son of a bitch".

"Hey boss, i didnt direct it to you, you cant fire me!"?

Benjie
12-07-04, 20:42
I am glad Reakktor took a more authoritarian stance on this issue. Aimbots are like the plauge to any multiplayer game. I certainly would not play a game where players were not banned for cheating! It's good to see reakktor making such correct, firm decisions, and sticking by them. It needed to be done.

MrChumble
12-07-04, 21:17
I am glad Reakktor took a more authoritarian stance on this issue. Aimbots are like the plauge to any multiplayer game. I certainly would not play a game where players were not banned for cheating! It's good to see reakktor making such correct, firm decisions, and sticking by them. It needed to be done.

I'd love to know how you can call the decisions 'correct' when info on who was banned and why isn't available.

cRazy2003
12-07-04, 21:19

N

fightback :p

trigger hurt
12-07-04, 21:22
Heya Trigger Hurt,

It is impressive how you interprate the freedom of speech.

It is tollerable to bitch at, threat and call other ppl names you would get into jail over here, when you dont tell them directly but on another forum/other place in general. But when someone comes, and tells you directly what he thinks, and what HIS decissions are gonna be, you claim it is harressment and censorship.

I think the ones who do so have to learn, that all you actions will cause reactions. If you deny to, you'll encounter some more serious problems in the future.

/me wonderes what happens if you shout through the office to a mate "Bah, the boss is such a son of a bitch".

"Hey boss, i didnt direct it to you, you cant fire me!"? You see, it's easy for you to say that but you arent in the position are you?

The problem with your "theory" is that Nidhogg has done nothing but ban me for comments I have made on this forum. I can't say I blame him, because they are his rules. I may not agree with them, but whatever.

On the other hand, there are several moderators here who frequent this other forum for no other reason except to get dirt. Now, the forum I am speaking of has never advertised on this forum. None of the people who visit that forum have a link to it in their sigs or have posted it on this forum, to my knowledge. However, those moderators still go and still feel the need to threaten bans on people who play this game, simply because they are talking about this game.

I'll say it again, since you missed it the first few times I said it. The forum I am speaking of has nothing to do with Neocron. It has nothing to do with Reakktor.

On that forum, Nidhogg, SnowCrash, Gotter hell even Martin himself could say whatever the hell they wanted to, as long as he doesn't impose his rule on this forum over there. We could care less. Problem is, they ARE trying to enforce their rules in neocron for something that was said there. If that is a skewed view of freedom of speech...whatever...but the way I've seen it on this forum, there is no freedom of speech. If someone wants to edit your post, they will.

edit: I just want to make it perfectly clear about one thing. A moderator of this forum, who I will not name unless he names himself has stated on several occasions that a person's account cannot be banned for something they say on a forum not releated to neocron. However, this kk employee has gone ahead and forced one person who posts on that forum to apologize for something he said about another employee otherwise, his account would be banned. Now, what was said was tottaly out of line but you would expect no less from this person...but...that employee of KK has no need to even be looking at that forum unless it is to gather dirt on people.

Crono
12-07-04, 21:39
I'd love to know how you can call the decisions 'correct' when info on who was banned and why isn't available.

Lets put it this way, Using a modified exe to make some ingame aspects easier is obviously not allowed, and many were using a distributed one someone made ;P

no aimbots, or cheating like that, just mods that werent meant to be convienient. they did a client exe scan, and everyone using a non standard exe was banned.

-Crono

Moscow
12-07-04, 21:43
trigger:
If "that" forum has nothing to do with Reakktor or Neocron, then why do people still slag off both Reakktor and Neocron at that forum?

Seems a little....off.

Peace.

-Moscow

trigger hurt
12-07-04, 21:50
trigger:
If "that" forum has nothing to do with Reakktor or Neocron, then why do people still slag off both Reakktor and Neocron at that forum?

Seems a little....off.

Peace.

-Moscow
Look around. Do you see a place where I can freely vent my frustrations toward reakktor or neocron without the thread getting locked and me getting banned?

No. You don't because we can't have people talking badly about the game on the public forum, can we? I've never uttered one racial slur toward someone either on a forum or in a game...other people do.

See, if you actually questioned the moderation of this forum, which is quite strict to the extent of being silly, you would find out that they follow you everywhere. This isn't the first time the copbots and stormbots have followed people to another forum, probably won't be the last. All I have to say is that if you don't like what is said there, you have the freedom to not read it.

hinch
12-07-04, 22:04
All characters are battle tested, and are in tip-top shape. I guarantee that no other account with this type of reputation or intense character setup has been sold.

thats only because i havent sold my acount :)

but he's wrong anyway deepthought's account was sold about a week after mc5 imps were put in and that was many many times ahead of monsoons account :) tbh its really lacking good equipment anyway so would generally say even if it wasnt banned its not worth the website its printed on :)

Scikar
12-07-04, 22:07
In that case how can you say the decisions were wrong?

Benjie
12-07-04, 22:10
Who cares who it was?! Exploters should be banned, regardless of who they are. If one of my friends exploited, although I would miss them, I think that they should be banned! Exploiting ruins mmorpg's. Like I mentioned previously, I certainly wouldn't want to play a game honestly where a large chunk of the playerbase used aimbots! :rolleyes:

Would you?

rob444
12-07-04, 22:11
they did a client exe scan, and everyone using a non standard exe was banned.

So basically, if someone got a virus that infects every executable on the system, does that mean they are cheating in Neocron?

Benjie
12-07-04, 22:15
So basically, if someone got a virus that infects every executable on the system, does that mean they are cheating in Neocron?
I seriously doubt it.
I think you are taking things a tad too literally.

Hehe you never know ;)
:p

Crono
12-07-04, 22:15
im pretty shure they were looking specifically for that 1 distributed exe. allot of people got and used it.

It is a possibility it wasnt though, but lets be serious, ill be money not one of the banned people was banned because a virus infected the file ;P

-Crono

rob444
12-07-04, 22:16
Hehe you never know ;)

Odin
12-07-04, 22:27
See, if you actually questioned the moderation of this forum, which is quite strict to the extent of being silly, you would find out that they follow you everywhere. This isn't the first time the copbots and stormbots have followed people to another forum, probably won't be the last. All I have to say is that if you don't like what is said there, you have the freedom to not read it.

All it says is that you can't openly discuss moderation in the forums and any complaints have to go to me. Last I checked you and everyone else over there has sent myself jack all. Not my problem if you boys can't follow the rules or should I say can't even be bothered to read them.

It doesn't matter where it's taking place. If someone feels the need to go as far as Twitch did we will take action no matter where it's at. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone at anytime and will not put up with major shit disturbers. End of story.

Nidhogg
12-07-04, 22:35
Look around. Do you see a place where I can freely vent my frustrations toward reakktor or neocron without the thread getting locked and me getting banned?
Really? These are on the first page:

Total Disgust! - http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=103357
Utter rubbish with monk dex - http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=103513
THREAD MERGED - Fix this game - http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=103401

One of them includes the classic quote:
When are you going to fix your shity servers? When are you going to fix the fucking black sync's? When are you going to fix this teleporting bull shit? When are you going to fix your fucked up net code? When are you even going to fucking patch the servers so we can get a half ass desent drop rate again? Work iwth us here were paying your fucking salaries.

Well fuck NC for today. This fucked up piece of shit game and blow me.None of that particular post was edited. Do you want to go further than that?

N

Saza
12-07-04, 22:37
Pwned Nid :p

{MD}GeistDamnit
12-07-04, 22:47
what forums are people talking about that are so bad ?

MrChumble
12-07-04, 22:56
In that case how can you say the decisions were wrong?

I can't say either way, that's my point. Do I trust KK to only ban people who were cheating? No. In the past KK have been very secretive over what they do and why, so I've no basis on which to trust this mass banning.

It's a nice little conspiracy theory; maybe they used this as an excuse to get rid of people they don't like. Unlikely, far-fetched and completely groundless as that accusation is I'd like to see someone disprove it. If it did turn out to be true I don't think I'd be surprised. Funny lot KK.

I don't play any other MMORPGs (and with the exception of BDoY never will) so I don't know how other communities are run. I hope not like NCs. The 'laws' of the community are enforced in a cloak-and-dagger fashion with zero public accountability. OK it's a game so I don't exactly expect trials and juries, but people just vanishing with no explanation or recourse doesn't inspire me with much confidence :D

Terayon
12-07-04, 23:08
alright i would just thought i would remind everyone that the gms are here for you. they are hear to make the forums a nice place to be and generally help you. they arnt trying to ban people that they just dont like and dont look for dirt on people. they are here for you. so stop making them seem like they are spying on you trying to find a reason to ban you. that seems to be what some people are thinking......

ezza
12-07-04, 23:29
All it says is that you can't openly discuss moderation in the forums and any complaints have to go to me. Last I checked you and everyone else over there has sent myself jack all. Not my problem if you boys can't follow the rules or should I say can't even be bothered to read them.

It doesn't matter where it's taking place. If someone feels the need to go as far as Twitch did we will take action no matter where it's at. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone at anytime and will not put up with major shit disturbers. End of story.
ok Twitch aint aint gonna be winning awards for his posts over there, however is that just it, it is over there and is nothing to do with over here as it where.

Moscow
12-07-04, 23:33
ok Twitch aint aint gonna be winning awards for his posts over there, however is that just it, it is over there and is nothing to do with over here as it where.

It might have been "over there" but those sort of comments are still degenerate filth; if someone is slagging off members of a company like Twitch did, then you can damn well bet that action is going to be taken.

Would you tolerate me slagging off, say, your Mother on a deeply personal level yet excuse it if it wasn't on a Mother-related board?

Peace.

-Moscow

Crono
12-07-04, 23:51
MrChumble, other mmorpg's arent as bad with the moderation ususally, but in all seriousness, NC does have the worst playerbase in general, there is cool people, and there is a ton of CS Mouth happy middle tean kids.

Anyways, who cares where anything was said, you pay for the right to play their game, which as with any online game service, can be refuted at the companies descression. id be damed if i ran a game and let people who publicacly and deeply badmouthed me continue to play. Be like someone asking you toborrow something for some cheep price like 5 bucks, then telling u to screw off right to your face before he even borrowed the item or gave u the 5 bucks, would you still let him after that?

-Crono

40$Poser
12-07-04, 23:54
what forums are people talking about that are so bad ?

I'd tell, but... it's owner, whom I believe intended the forums for a former neocron clan that called it quits, the members to stay in touch. Thus the (in my guessing) forum would not be intended for the general public.

Plus even I will admit some of the stuff posted on the forum in question is a bit distasteful to say the least.

jernau
13-07-04, 00:12
MrChumble, other mmorpg's arent as bad with the moderation ususally
Most either don't allow any OT posts at all and are comparatively dead (and hence trouble free I guess ;) )or they are much more strict than the mods here are. One even banned people from the game for calling it "buggy" on the forums.

What many of the BS-hurlers forget is that the forum mods (bar Odin and Nid) are not GMs and don't work for KK. Considering how much we all hold KK's communication skills in high regard, why do they think the system is so efficient all of a sudden when it's against them?:rolleyes:

ezza
13-07-04, 00:13
It might have been "over there" but those sort of comments are still degenerate filth; if someone is slagging off members of a company like Twitch did, then you can damn well bet that action is going to be taken.

Would you tolerate me slagging off, say, your Mother on a deeply personal level yet excuse it if it wasn't on a Mother-related board?

Peace.

-Moscow
you saying you been slagging of my mother :mad:

:p

anyway point taken

Crono
13-07-04, 00:50
Most either don't allow any OT posts at all and are comparatively dead (and hence trouble free I guess ;) )or they are much more strict than the mods here are. One even banned people from the game for calling it "buggy" on the forums.

What many of the BS-hurlers forget is that the forum mods (bar Odin and Nid) are not GMs and don't work for KK. Considering how much we all hold KK's communication skills in high regard, why do they think the system is so efficient all of a sudden when it's against them?:rolleyes:

nono, trust me, as a whole, Neo's community is the worst :P

if it wasnt for the still frequent bugs in neo, i could easily say the comunity is one of Neocron's downpoints :P

ive never seen a game whith as many bugs as this, but had so many driven away not by the bugs, but by the playerbase, leaving behind after all this time, mostly like i said, mid tean CS kiddies who think their a hardass cause they can say words like carebear or other such stuff :P

Like being locked in the same CS server without being able t go to other servers, peoples egos and other crap start to get annoying after a while, many of the cooler people end up leaving cause of it so all you got is loud big mouth people who "pwnzor" :p

-Crono

jernau
13-07-04, 00:54
nono, trust me, as a whole, Neo's community is the worst :P

if it wasnt for the still frequent bugs in neo, i could easily say the comunity is one of Neocron's downpoints :P

ive never seen a game whith as many bugs as this, but had so many driven away not by the bugs, but by the playerbase, leaving behind after all this time, mostly like i said, mid tean CS kiddies who think their a hardass cause they can say words like carebear or other such stuff :P

-Crono
My experience is very different to yours then. There are as many interesting, decent, clever, funny and friendly people here as there are morons, kiddies and arseholes. You just need to spend your time with the right group.

Crono
13-07-04, 00:59
My experience is very different to yours then. There are as many interesting, decent, clever, funny and friendly people here as there are morons, kiddies and arseholes. You just need to spend your time with the right group.

yea man, but the avrage stranger here would most likley slander your mom rather then great you :P

There are still many many cool people, but with the way this game is, it initself drives away mmorpg customers from the game by the CS avarage kid. PvP is fun in this game, much more so than any other mmorpg ive played, but without the major part of any RP community (that for the most part was driven away, you can really tell from beta/beginning of retiail compared to now :P ) heck even most cool old people are jadded from playing with most the people here and are unsympathatec to anyones problems now :P

-Crono

Jest
13-07-04, 01:00
I wouldnt still be here if I didnt think NC community was as good as it is. Its what keeps me here. Hell, even if people quit NC and play other games they try and play them with other former NC players. Despite its many problems, NC will always > all.

jernau
13-07-04, 01:02
@Crono - I can't say there's no truth to what you say but it doesn't mean all hope is gone or that the bad outweighs the good. A lot of the best people are still lurking in the shadows. Not as many of them as I'd like by a long way but don't give up yet.

Crono
13-07-04, 01:03
I wouldnt still be here if I didnt think NC community was as good as it is. Its what keeps me here. Hell, even if people quit NC and play other games they try and play them with other former NC players. Despite its many problems, NC will always > all.

Yea, but there is such a heavy division of people. this game draws from 2 compleatly different playerbasses. And the gameplay of 1 will always drive out many of the other. :/ (thats the main problem, you bolth cant play however you want without conflicting)
We lost allot of cool people because of it :/

-Crono

trigger hurt
13-07-04, 06:03

I don't want to openly discuss moderation of these forums. I want you to leave a couple threads alone. Nid is either slacking off or he's taking criticism to heart...as those posts he's linked to would have been locked a few weeks ago...but that's not the start of it...I want to talk about clan vs clan, I want to talk about that asshole who just pk'd 10 noobs in the cellar, etc etc...but those things are apparently not community affecting, even though they have everything to do with the community. Instead, they are locked with the keep it in the game crap. Which leads us to crap, off topic threads that have nothing to do with this game or it's community. Infact, they're usually about SOME OTHER GAME...

I don't have a problem following the rules...but last time I spoke to one of the moderators about slacking up a bit, i was pretty much told to fuck off if I didn't like it. So I did...and now you have followed me and the rest of us "boys" to our fuck off spot.

trigger hurt
13-07-04, 06:09

Peace.

-Moscow
Yeah I would tolerate it. Right after I told him to blow it out of his ass. None of these people know me, why should I be affected personally by anything they say? I just want some freedom to talk about what really affects the community. Instead, I make a post and because I mention someones name, it gets edited and deleted and they put something on my "permanent record".

I'm asking them to let us police ourselves. See, all this started about some comments about some cheaters...it was going fine until a moderator thought it best to correct someone on their line of thought. But yeah, i guess players are the only ones here with a slight ethics issue.

Whatever. I'm done. I give nothing back to the community because I'm just an asshole who doesnt agree with the way things are run...so I'll move along to my other forum...do us a favor and don't visit anymore.

Shadow Dancer
13-07-04, 06:14
but those things are apparently not community affecting, even though they have everything to do with the community.

Dude. It's people's lack of control that led to those rules. The majority of people who want to talk about ingame shizzat, are usually the very same ones who start flaming, instigating, and generally turning the thread into garbage. It almost ALWAYS turns into flaming.

"Yea, you guys do pvp well...considering you have 10 million monks in your clan". Dumb shit like that. That's how it starts, then it quickly degenerates into mindless flaming. Can you really be surprised then that such threads aren't allowed? Maybe if people could control themselves.......

SnowCrash
13-07-04, 06:18
I'll say it again, since you missed it the first few times I said it. The forum I am speaking of has nothing to do with Neocron. It has nothing to do with Reakktor.

If employees or voluntary helpers are the target of massive racist or sexual harassment it has something to do with Reakktor. The source for this massive harassments is the unhappiness of some people about our Game and its service. So don't try to tell me that it has nothing to do with Neocron or Reakktor.

Hoping that a employees kid gets ********** with a baseball bat or wishing that someone of our voluntary team gets cancer and dies in real life is venting your steam off? You seriously misunderstood the sense of freedom of speech. This harassment is already a subject to a legal issue and no steam venting anymore.

We are open for critiques, probably more then any other developer but if it reaches the point where we and our familes are going to get psychologically or physically attacked, we are putting up the stop sign and act respectively.

Crono
13-07-04, 06:23
You got to be kidding, thats acually what was said?

And someone is acually defending this? Some people have a messed up view of how things should be in the world, They should have the freedom to say stuff like that, but not have others use whats in their power to stop it. Such Hipocracy is insane.

-Crono

SnowCrash
13-07-04, 06:25
I have to correct my post. My english is very bad in the morning. :P

This is only small piece of what was said. And this stuff what was said is a clear subject to a legal issue. I am getting really shocked about some attitudes these days. really...

shodanjr_gr
13-07-04, 06:37
After reading this thread i feel like im the single soul in Neocron that has no idea on how to cheat...damn i should be named Saint shodanjr_gr... :P

Make me a GM cause i follow teh rules :)

SnowCrash
13-07-04, 06:42
...Make me a GM cause i follow teh rules :)

You don't really want to go through the Halls of Mental Pain and Madness. Nobody ever came back. :eek: Believe me. Evil, pure Evil. :angel:

G.0.D.
13-07-04, 06:43
Honestly, ban trigger hurt... presuming you havent already.... I saw nonameeggs get banned for saying one racist thing in jest (Witch I have no objection to) but, what trigger hurt is saying is more then enough to pwn him :mad:

shodanjr_gr
13-07-04, 06:45
You don't really want to go through the Halls of Mental Pain and Madness. Nobody ever came back. :eek: Believe me. Evil, pure Evil. :angel:

Im going through the Halls of Intense Food Diet (my food intake has been reduced to 1/4 of what it was 1 week ago) at the moment. Being a GM can in no way be harder than that.... :P

SnowCrash
13-07-04, 06:51
Honestly, ban trigger hurt... presuming you havent already.... I saw nonameeggs get banned for saying one racist thing in jest (Witch I have no objection to) but, what trigger hurt is saying is more then enough to pwn him :mad:

It was not said by him. I just quoted him on his argument about this special forum.

G.0.D.
13-07-04, 06:52
oohhh monkey testicels.... O_o

trigger hurt
13-07-04, 07:08
except for the fact that I'm not saying it. See, when you come into the conversation without all the information, it makes you look silly.

@ guy up there. I am not defending the person who said that. Personally, I don't want him on our forums either...his and his buddies posts are mindless drivel with no real thought put behind their argument. They say things simply to get a reaction out of you, me or anyone.

I, am however, defending my right to say whatever I want to say for whatever reason I want to say it and not to be threatened by a GM/Mod/Employee/Volunteer for KK to have my account banned because I said it somewhere else.

Fact is, SnowCrash...noone here would know about that forum and noones feelings would have been hurt had a specific person had not made it their life long goal to be the kind of jackass that he is. He knows who he is and so do you.

It doesn't make what the poster, the one you keep referring to, any better. Problem is, I'm not talking about him here. I am talking about my right to not be persecuted by someone part of who's salary I pay to follow me around and make little notes here and there about my comments somewhere else. What's next? Going to follow me to my server hosting forum that I have had for years and check up on me there? Or maybe you wanna follow me to one of the many computer graphics related forums some of us frequent to make sure we aren't telling people to not buy the game.

Leave your business where it should be left. Right here, on this forum We'll leave our flames and insults on our forum, where you want them.

You and Nid came to that forum to defend KK for everything it's worth. That's fine, don't have a problem with it. What I do have a problem with is when something is taken from there, no matter how offensive and stupid it is, and it's brought here...not by us, the people who posts there, but by you and your team. Why should I have to send you an email to let you know what's going on with your team and how some of us feel abused by your so-called fairness.

I have nidhoggs messages saved, you've read em on the forum in question but somehow...him bringing that stuff here is A.O.K. with you guys, but we aren't allowed to discuss anything remotly controversial here, whether it be in public or in private.

Gotterdammerung
13-07-04, 07:15
can you all please get this thread back on topic. It has veered off into what one person apparently thinks is a vendetta against him and his off-forum posting habits.

SnowCrash
13-07-04, 07:23
I fully agree with you that people need other places to let their steam off without beeing hit by our forum rules. I don't have a problem with that. We are browsing much other player forums quite often to see what people think about us to get input about how we can do it better.
But when we see that people are publically harassing our employees or voluntary helpers we reserve us the right to throw this people out of our business or to not let them in.
I would like to see you if someone is publically screaming out that he hopes that sick sexual actions are done to one of your employees kids. Of course you would open the doors for him and welcome him in. Surely...

And now back to topic. As Mister Smith, err Gotterdammerung just said. ;)

Shujin
13-07-04, 07:32
I would like to see you if someone is publically screaming out that he hopes that sick sexual actions are done to one of your employees kids. Of course you would open the doors for him and welcome him in.
Depends :D maybe if I had some cops hiding in a back room waiting to come arrest him or somethin ;D

edit: heh... says hes from [ edited ]. I can drive to him in less than 30 mins. Want me to buy the account just so I can see his billing address and go flame him face to face?

seraphian
13-07-04, 07:37
If employees or voluntary helpers are the target of massive racist or sexual harassment it has something to do with Reakktor. The source for this massive harassments is the unhappiness of some people about our Game and its service. So don't try to tell me that it has nothing to do with Neocron or Reakktor.

Hoping that a employees kid gets ********** with a baseball bat or wishing that someone of our voluntary team gets cancer and dies in real life is venting your steam off? You seriously misunderstood the sense of freedom of speech. This harassment is already a subject to a legal issue and no steam venting anymore.

We are open for critiques, probably more then any other developer but if it reaches the point where we and our familes are going to get psychologically or physically attacked, we are putting up the stop sign and act respectively.

THANK YOU Snow for finally shedding some light on the kind of abuse we're talking about!

A lot of people seem to have a really warped view of free speech:

1: KK is a private company, they don't have to serve you if they don't want to, if they don't like the look of ya, if you harass their people, if you are a dick in game... ect.

2: It has been proven again and again in the courts of every nation that has free speech laws that Harrasment, threats (idle or not) and slander do not fall under their protection. In fact some of the stuff I've heard said about KK GMs may even rise to the level of 'credible threat' where it is ILLEGAL, I don't mean 'they'll ban you for it' illegal, I mean, 'your ISP will kick you off' illegal or even 'you will get arrested' illegal

3: KK puts up with infinitely more abuse than most other developers would. Go to Verant's forum and post stuff like this about Everquest and you will get banned. Maybe not even jsut forum banned, IG banned. You can get banned from SWG for saying 'fuck' on the forum or in game, yet the mods allow threads with titles like 'this game is fucking bullshit' without even an edit. The only thing KK cracks down on is what they ought to: Harrasment and cheating!

/edit @ niddhog and Snowcrash: I was typing this as you posted your followup, sorry I'm off topic, delete if you must, but I think I raised some good points.

Redburn
13-07-04, 09:44
To get this back on track here's the added lines from that auction for those who haven't seen it.

Other info: Account is Currently banned due to a massive crackdown in cheats. The decision by ReaKKtor to ban such a large amount of people for only suspected use has been challenged by the community, and many current volunteers/employees of ReaKKtor. Due to the large controversy surounding this issue, the ban will more than likely be overturned. Ive been told by a few current GM's that this ban overturn will be finalized by the 20th of July, and currently there is an overwhelming number voting to unban said accounts. Since said ban, I have decided that a company that bans many of its most prominent and hardcore players is not something that I care to support any longer which is why I am selling the account instaed of waiting to be unbanned. No refund will be issued if said ban is not reversed.

I like how he goes to say the account will be unbanned, but there's no refund if the ban isn't reversed.

btw did I miss something here?? is there a poll to unban said suspected cheaters??

hinch
13-07-04, 10:14
just to stop the abuse im currently getting as people think its my forum we are talking about.

its not its another obscure forum with like 10 members so not really worth the effort tbh :)

although mine is un-moderated i do occationally trim things that are a little too extreme (just not often)

winnoc
13-07-04, 10:17
I've sent an email to the next bidder in line too. The one that had it yesterday thanked me and withdrew his bid.

Archeus
13-07-04, 10:34
I've sent an email to the next bidder in line too. The one that had it yesterday thanked me and withdrew his bid.

One of the bidders looks like a shill (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shill), so I wouldn't worry too much.

Twitch
14-07-04, 00:27

This is a PM Nidhogg sent me a few months ago:

Quote:

Nidhogg wrote on 21-03-04 17:38:
No you can't get banned for what you say on other forums.

N

Is that rule changed now?

Nidhogg
14-07-04, 00:39
That quote was my own personal viewpoint - I'm not a legal representative of Reakktor media and nothing I say holds any legal bearing or restriction on their actions. If I was going to ban someone for saying offensive things about me you know full well you'd be right up at the top of the list - but even I draw the line somewhere and just because you post something on another forum does not make you morally or legally immune from the consequences.

N

Twitch
14-07-04, 00:49
That quote was my own personal viewpoint - I'm not a legal representative of Reakktor media and nothing I say holds any legal bearing or restriction on their actions. If I was going to ban someone for saying offensive things about me you know full well you'd be right up at the top of the list - but even I draw the line somewhere and just because you post something on another forum does not make you morally or legally immune from the consequences.

N

But again, that's a private forum with it's own rules, I just joined the unofficial mirc channel #neocron on irc.enterthegame.com and people called my friends racist names, called them homosexual, and used ************ references. Here's an excerpt from said channel:

[ edited ]

rob444
14-07-04, 01:01
[ edited ]

lol sorry, but Im laughing... :lol:

Nidhogg
14-07-04, 01:09
But again, that's a private forum with it's own rules, I just joined the unofficial mirc channel #neocron on irc.enterthegame.com and people called my friends racist names, called them homosexual, and used ************ references. Here's an excerpt from said channel:

[ edited ]
The key word there is
unofficialThat board is not run by Reakktor, in fact KK bans it's volunteers from using it in an official capacity. Please don't quote material like that on these forums again.

N

[SP]Ostrich
14-07-04, 01:09
I demand this mirc channel either stop linking to this site and or consequences be brought upon this rep fellow if he plays.

Rep Doesn't play... ramzi got annoying. don't know you and hope you have a nice day, i have the logs so i'll look through them tonight. i was on earlier but had to go do some family shit.

Mumblyfish
14-07-04, 01:10
Big IRC quote of nasty offensive stuff.
Welcome to #morons, enjoy your stay.

Thane
14-07-04, 01:11
i am ops in that chan, and i can tell you we will not remove the link in the topic....

also you can stop whining at RM right now, that channel is not related to reakktor media, nor official in any way...

and in response to the quote from our chan:

you came into our chan, insult LONG TIME users in there, you go here, take text outa content and think you make it any better? be happy i don't perm ban you in #neocron... shesh

ps: no further discussion about this topic needed, #neocron @etg is no democracy, it's thaneocracy...

pps: know whos leg you piss at before you start something (and yes, i saw your text before the edit...)

ezza
14-07-04, 01:12
personally dont go near that crap hole anymore, seen afair bit of more offensive stuff on there than what CRC guys posted

Thane
14-07-04, 01:15
we are not offensive, we just tend to react agressive to dumb comments.

and another comment to fistingforjesus.com ..... you tell us there is something offensive on it? no shit sherlock.... you might have guessed that by it's URL.... (it's infact NO religious site... wua, who would have thought that :D )

nuff said, good nite..

Ren
14-07-04, 01:18
omg its me....... and i'm still alive.

We aint aggressive thane, we are nice charming people with university degrees and jobs that will one day cure cancer and cause world peace.

now stfu before i kneecap you.

Twitch
14-07-04, 01:20
The key word there isThat board is not run by Reakktor, in fact KK bans it's volunteers from using it in an official capacity. Please don't quote material like that on these forums again.

N

Ok and the zoneseek forum isn't run by Reakktor either. So why can myself and friends be subjected to racism and linked to real life threats by that party but when it gets a little too crazy for them then it becomes a "legal issue."

And as Trigger said earlier why do we always have to be looking over our shoulders on other forums? Who is to say that was even me and not somebody posing as me to get me in trouble? That forum has it's own rules, and so does this one. As Snowcrash said, he wants there to be a place for us to vent, so why follow us and persecute us for things said at that private place? Like what if the next patch contains code that can read our IM convos and emails? Is there going to be phone taps? A KK employee monitoring us outside our houses in a maintenance van?

Jonax
14-07-04, 01:23
I'm not going to go in a flame war on your attitude in the IRC channel Twitch (or should I say Ramzi, and another alias I will not use here), but the fact was that even while the language in the channel is often not what'd be used for fun for all the family, the treatment you got (except the racist remarks) was justified after the way you barged in, demanded things changed to your liking and became a nuisance when they were laughed at, as well as the behaviour that occured after the first few kicks.

A few points on #Neocron:

1) We already have a member from KK watch over the channel from time to time - If there was a problem with the behaviour in the channel, we would have heard of it from KK already.

2) Like Niddy said, it's an unofficial IRC channel. The IRC channel isn't run on KK's servers, the channel actually promotes neocrononline.com. Like in 1),we accept input from KK from time to time but we have no official responsibility.

3) We have made no secret of the fact that #Neocron is more like an insane asylum (or a kiddie playground, choose what metaphor you want). If you want help, get it from #CronHelp.

4) If you take anything that lee says seriously, you deserve to be offended. Not intending to offend but lee is a moron and makes no secret of it himself.

Now cry back into the game after being brushed off from the forums and the channel. If any of KK wish to follow this up though in case of a problem though, they can consult us directly and receive a copy of the log from the past 24 hours.

I apologise to anyone whose offended if my attitude here is different from my usual opinion - It's just that saying this guy has been a nuisance of a troll in the room is a bit of an understatement.

SIDE NOTE: Message from #Neocron op Uman: "You know exactly why you were banned and now stop being an annoying little troll. Because, obviously, you wouldn't have been banned if you didn't do something offensive yourself."

Ren
14-07-04, 01:24
dude we both know KK can't afford Vans.

Wheelie bins maybe.

Everything has a degree to it, if you're insult and making comments towards the children of Reakktor employees then you've over-stepped the mark, and have to be bloody stupid as a human being to not see that.

If people vent like normal people and don't say things which CAN YOU GET YOU PUT IN A CELL WITH PEOPLE CALLED 'BUBBA' FOR 20 YEARS then certain other people won't have a problem.

put you'reself in their shoes, would you enjoy reading stuff about you're family and thinking "well this is funny......." before snapping your own neck.

Think.....

and on the scale of things, vent, but its still only a bloody game.

Cyphor
14-07-04, 01:25
I think what their saying is, you can be racist, agressive, whatever else on other forums if you want (sad as it may be)...but when you turn the agression towards kk employees they have every right to do what they must. Be as critical as you have to be just keep it relevant to the game.

Nidhogg
14-07-04, 01:32
It all comes down to this, being an adult and taking responsibility for your actions. If you can't deal with the consequences of what you do, wherever or whatever it may be, then perhaps you shouldn't do it.

You're coming here demanding that people be silent while you kick them in the teeth, but all I see is you whining because the people you've insulted have bitten back and their teeth are sharper than yours; it's pathetic tbh.

N

Twitch
14-07-04, 01:36
blahblablahi]

I don't care about getting banned from your joke of a channel (99% of the time people dont even talk about neocron) I'm just saying that we say questionable/offensive things on a private forum not related to this game or it's forums in anyway, and I almost get permanently banned and others are being prosecuted/spied on for cheating. Whereas you also have a chatroom which is unrelated to the game/forums in anyway, which has people calling us racial slurs, and a link to a blog site that has worse stuff than I have ever wrote, and you get off the hook because it's run by KK employees.

Quit saying OH YOU DESERVED IT, I really don't care what you guys say about us or do to us, I just think it's silly that we get consequenced for the same thing.

I notice not one person has addressed the fact that it can STILL be somebody impersonating me or anyone else on private forums. So how can KK make judgements based on usernames when the admin will clearly NEVER give up IP addresses?

And wishing ill fate on somebody isn't illegal last time I checked.

And just for the record I will NEVER be offended what anyone ever has to say about me on any forum whether it be this one or the ones out of here. People can threaten my family, they can wish ill fate on me (like falling off my motorcycle), etc. I respect everybody's right to freedom of speech no matter what.

Thane
14-07-04, 01:45
according to your last actions in the chan, you are now banned again (for a reason... and you know what that might be).

and if you don't care about it, stop talking about it, or no one will believe you.

and now plz let me sleep :) i have to get up early

Twitch
14-07-04, 01:48
according to your last actions in the chan, you are now banned again (for a reason... and you know what that might be).

and if you don't care about it, stop talking about it, or no one will believe you.

and now plz let me sleep :) i have to get up early

i never cared about getting banned, i really could care less if i ever go back to that joke of a community, but the point i was making was that one non-NC community can get away with being racist/offensive but another community can't and it nearly costs them their accounts.

once again, can somebody please tell me why judgements are being made based on just usernames on other forums when IP's aren't being shown? What if somebody makes a MJS account on a private forum and says NC IS CANCELLED, YOURE ALL FIRED KK! Are you going to call the cops and sue?

Peeping Tom
14-07-04, 01:53
I don't care about getting banned from your joke of a channel (99% of the time people dont even talk about neocron) and a link to a blog site that has worse stuff than I have ever wrote, and you get off the hook because it's run by KK employees.

Lee got a habbit of Banning\kciking ppl that talk about Neocron yes his a moron that havent played NC since B2\3

no it's not run by a KK employee or any one close to one. Lee is the owner of FFJ ,hmm cant say i have found any offencesive stuff on FFJ yet

@Thane , uman did unbann him..:P

K4F

Cyphor
14-07-04, 01:54

Prob not but it depends what and how it was said, could get into slander, defamation etc.

More importantly how about this analogy:

If someone gives you abuse at school/work etc. would you invite them to a party at your house?

If you insult kk employees why should they let you play THEIR game. When it comes down to it there is no need to bring anything personal into discussion about a game, by doing so you have to live with the consequences.

DonnyJepp
14-07-04, 01:55
i never cared about getting banned, i really could care less if i ever go back to that joke of a community, but the point i was making was that one non-NC community can get away with being racist/offensive but another community can't and it nearly costs them their accounts.

once again, can somebody please tell me why judgements are being made based on just usernames on other forums when IP's aren't being shown? What if somebody makes a MJS account on a private forum and says NC IS CANCELLED, YOURE ALL FIRED KK! Are you going to call the cops and sue?

If someone is impersonating you on that other forum, then you need to take it up with the mods of that forum. Whomever is impersonating you might face legal repurcussions if the mods of that forums care to follow up on it. If they don't, :rolleyes:

Otherwise, grow up.

Peeping Tom
14-07-04, 01:59
to get on track again..

i wah thinking about placing a bid on that account until i did read this... well mostly for a laugh... like some one said.. its only 10 bucks, but i wont now ;+\

N

K4F

Jonax
14-07-04, 02:05
NOTICE: My apologies for the off-topic. This should hopefully be my final post in this topic. I wish to apologise for any inconvenience I have caused.

blahblablahi
And you expect us to give you respect with an attitude like that?

I don't care about getting banned from your joke of a channel Don't care enough to come back later on tonight and shout "GOD FAGGOTS" before leaving again? :rolleyes:

I'm just saying that we say questionable/offensive things on a private forum not related to this game or it's forums in anyway, and I almost get permanently banned and others are being prosecuted/spied on for cheating.

I can't comment on the subject matter because I don't op the channel, but at times even I agree with you.

However, maybe asking about it would have been a little better than your own "introduction" (and I quote from the logs that the channel ops do hold copies of):

[22:24:33] [Ramzi] WHY IS FISTINGFORJESUS ON THE TOPIC FOR THE OFFICIAL NEOCRON IRC CHAT
[22:24:35] [Ramzi] I AM OFFENDED
[22:24:37] [Ramzi] PLEASE REMOVE IT

As for the cheating, that isn't our domain - It's KK's and you know it.

Whereas you also have a chatroom which is unrelated to the game/forums in anyway, which has people calling us racial slurs, and a link to a blog site that has worse stuff than I have ever wrote, and you get off the hook because it's run by KK employees.

I'm not going to defend the person in question for the first racist remark or the ones following it, but the fact was that you generally trolled the room for almost half an hour straight including remarks of several members in the channel as well as several members of KK.

The off the hook comment though is utter crap - Only one person of KK posts on the FFJ site and they do it as a personal thing.

Quit saying OH YOU DESERVED IT, I really don't care what you guys say about us or do to us, I just think it's silly that we get consequenced for the same thing.

We aren't the 12 disciples, but you're not the Pope either - You trolled us, we reacted, you ran back here.

I notice not one person has addressed the fact that it can STILL be somebody impersonating me or anyone else on private forums. So how can KK make judgements based on usernames when the admin will clearly NEVER give up IP addresses?

Probably because it was you that ran back here whining about it, and only a couple of people on the user list weren't known as regulars at the time.

If you weren't the one there at the time, then how did you know about the logs? Get a mate to do the trolling so you can go scot-free? Sounds unlikely and rediculous but that's my point.

Nope, but it's impolite and is used given back as even more curses.

And just for the record I will NEVER be offended what anyone ever has to say about me on any forum whether it be this one or the ones out of here. People can threaten my family, they can wish ill fate on me (like falling off my motorcycle), etc. I respect everybody's right to freedom of speech no matter what.

Oh the amount of black magic I could use on this one...

Seriously though, I'd love to see where people on the forums did any of that stuff. Although it may not seem so at first sight, we respect the right of freedom of speech of every person that goes through #Neocron and #CronHelp. There's a few few-timers who've gone through who can vouch for that. What we do expect though is a little respect in return - Respect in being treated like we have more than 90 points intelligence, respect in the knowledge in that the regulars don't like being insulted whether they be blatant and in smarmy ways.

If you wanted to get a snitch that we couldn't dispute, then you shouldn't have "lowered to our level" (if you really want to call it that), have only stayed on for five minutes or so and reported those offenders. Instead, you stayed on for over half an hour, you goaded us as we did you, and you paint us all with the same brush.

Like I said before, #Neocron isn't exactly the home of the 12 disciples, but there's more than one person involved in an argument and you aren't exactly as clean as the Pope concerning this.

Twitch
14-07-04, 02:05
If someone is impersonating you on that other forum, then you need to take it up with the mods of that forum. Whomever is impersonating you might face legal repurcussions if the mods of that forums care to follow up on it. If they don't, :rolleyes:

Otherwise, grow up.

Sweet so that means anybody (including KK) can be impersonated now on other forums and KK will take it just as seriously and if the mods of THOSE forums don't want to take legal action then I'm fucked :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

jernau
14-07-04, 02:13
SIDE NOTE: Message from #Neocron op Uman: "You know exactly why you were banned and now stop being an annoying little troll. Because, obviously, you wouldn't have been banned if you didn't do something offensive yourself."
Someone OPed Uman again? :o.

Oh yeah - Certain morons and assholes should just FOAD. I think it's obvious who I mean.

Cyphor
14-07-04, 02:14
To decide if it was an impostor they prob did more than just look at the names. They can look back at the forum posts you've wrote, see what was said, see if you gave off any signs of an impostor see if people were familiar with you and knew stuff about you, see if your writing style was the same as it is on here etc There’s a lot they can do, they don’t NEED the ip, it would obviously help but they prob investigated a bit before taking action; even listening to in-game conversations for references to the forum etc.

Gotterdammerung
14-07-04, 02:15
This is becoming pointless. It's gone so far off topic & veered into paraniod schizophrenic territory I can't see how it can be resurrected. Those of you that feel the need to continue on about how "I'm persecuted because of my potty mouth blah blah blah" please take it to PM's or feel free to avail yourself of the usage of any one of a number of other sites to continue your discussion.

Odin
14-07-04, 02:17
Ok think we let this one go long enough. It's fairly obvious that some people are just too daft to figure out what's common sense. It should be fairly obvious what you can and can't get away with.

I think we have been quite tolerant of said other places despite the fact most of the Canadians that post over there should really check into Canadian hate law over there and not bitch about being punished here when you might end up in legal trouble :rolleyes: