PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion on the rifle balance?

Rai Wong
12-07-04, 11:28
I personally think that rifles needs balances and boosts across the tl, the fact that there are more hybrids then rifle users on uranus disturbs me. There is literally no poin in using rifle which has underpowered damage.

the only reason is the spirit modded SH, but thats still considered an inaccesible rare, since only the select few loved by GMs get them.

and facts are facts rifles spies are a rarity, and rifle PEs can't even be seen anymore. Leaving one major class for PE only: the pistol PE.

sultana
12-07-04, 11:32
I believe its only really some rifles that need balance, take the healing light for example, that thing is deadly in the right persons hands, I cannot beat a spy with a good aim with that thing (on my tank/pe). However, other rifles suck as the dissy, need a boost, atm dissy is only just as good as healing light, because for some reason the rof got nerfed =/

So really it's not really the "rifle" class that needs a boost, more individual weapons.

Original monk
12-07-04, 11:33
I personally think that rifles needs balances and boosts across the tl, the fact that there are more hybrids then rifle users on uranus disturbs me.

an update on the rifles would be cool, there where plans on an update of all weaponTL's but i only saw mellee being changed and get some new toys ..

would be cool if we got any news if the new rifleTL's came true or not ...

my monks ready to weild some liquidplasmarifle ya see :)

+ some extremely hi tl weapon would be cool
+ a FL could use a liiitlebit better aim
+ a SH could use a new zoomingsystem + a faster reload or even a singleshotmode ... zooming in with a zoom in/out button or the roller on youre middlemouse would be cool allready tough :)

but yeah, adapt the weapon TL's first :)

ino
12-07-04, 11:48
The Pain easer could use some loving.. maby by raising the tl of it a couple of dex's or introduce some rare between 93 and 98/100.

Pistols have the first rare at 88 isnt it?. lowtech rifle pe's dont have alot to compete with as the pain easer works atm.

oh edit. You dont even have to touch the tl or the dmg of the pain easer if they made 4 burst shot. 4 bursts and it does decent dmg.

ichinin
12-07-04, 11:48
+ some extremely hi tl weapon would be cool
+ a FL could use a liiitlebit better aim

* Agreed, why the hell do we have TL 150 repair/constr/res tools if the highest are TL 115 ?

* a little bit? a LITTLE bit? I have my FL in my closet where it belongs untill i get a BIG bit of better aim.

TheGreatMilenko
12-07-04, 11:53
increase Pain Easer ROF and make it so all 4 burst can hit easier and boost dmg just a little

LTA
12-07-04, 11:56
Pain Easer imo only needs a slight dmg boost or a accuracy increase to allow more chances at full burst + bonus.

FL aiming is horrid... really horrid
Disruptor.... highest tl rifle and it royally sucks...i'd only use it to level but the time i am getting near to that i am nearly capped anyway.
ROG ?? dunno how it is did it get nerfed or is it still the same as before?

Redeemer - Needs a bif fat f'off fix, the range thing only really works pvm as most players are you before you get a decent amount of hits of, make it work without the range bonus thing and just like them ore consecutive hits you get the more the damage kinda like the ravager :)

I couldn't really vote cuz i have different reasons for diff rifles, to say boost them all is mad cuz the healing light is a nice rifle now, so good to finally have a use for it. it's a few of the rifles really, mainly the high tl ones SH/Redeemer/FL/Dissie

Original monk
12-07-04, 12:01
* a little bit? a LITTLE bit? I have my FL in my closet where it belongs untill i get a BIG bit of better aim.

if i learned one thing then its: ya always gotta start small :)

Xylaz
12-07-04, 13:09
some of the rifle needs an update, but definitely not the whole rifle series. SH, RoG and HL are powerful enough, esp. HL (it already does dmg comparable to CS, dont boost it :lol:.
Not sure about PE as it has been some time i've played with it, but it seemed ok for me then.
FL definitely needs something, whether would it be aiming or the dmg boost, right now it isnt very viable in pvp, that's true.
Disruptor on the other hand is completely broken, i'm not sure exactly what's wrong with it, but it hardly deals any dmg at all in pvp.
Uhm, and something could be done with redeemer as well. This is probably the coolest looking rifle in this game and again completely unviable in pvp (though pretty good in pvm environment)

Clownst0pper
12-07-04, 13:11
the ROG and Pain Easer are perfect.

The damage has always been good on both of them.

The redeemer needs to hit like TG gaurds

The Healing Light is perfect

The First Love damage is perfect, its aiming isnt.

The Disruptor damage is good against unbuffed players, it needs a small tweak.

Rade
12-07-04, 13:30
AS Ive always said, rifles should own long range and be decent medium,
cannons should own medium range, pistols and melee should own short
range. But so much need to be changed for this to work. Runspeeds and the
amount of damage people can take for starters, then you would see people
using cover and different weapons employed in what could actually be fights
that require tactics..

Tycho C
12-07-04, 14:31
I havn't been to an OP fight in many months, but I'm still active in PvP. If rifles were made to be bad up close, Id have a -serious- problem with that. Most if not all fights are up close. Only the Spy has the advantage of distance because he can reach the higher TL rifles easyer; including the SH.

I'm for a Pain Easer boost and maybe a RoG boost, but it wouldn't need much.

SorkZmok
12-07-04, 14:45
- Termi dmg seems to be a bit high with certain mods. Havent used one myself yet, so i dunno about the aiming though. Should be fine.
- Pain Easer could use a slight boost. All 3 bullets should hit more often.
- RoG is fine these days. Should be a higher TL though.
- Healing Light is insane. Lower the dmg.
- SH needs an aiming penalty or something when used at close range. Also make it do non-locational dmg like lasers or rayguns. It just sucks when you have to hit a tank one very low health 3 more times till he finally drops. Especially when they managed to cast a heal.
- FL still needs its aiming fixed.
- Disruptor seems to be fine now.

Oh and btw, pistols really need a range nerf. Except for the Earp. :)

Freaky Fryd
12-07-04, 14:47
My only problem with rifles right now, is that I can't shoot as far as I should be able to, due to the clipping plane. There are many times I can see someone/something but can't get a target box.
It's not that the gun's range isn't enough, it's just that the game won't let me target them...
:(

(SH caps at 3000m range. When I'm only at 500 or 600m, I should have no problem hitting them...)

As for the nerf of the Disruptor, I put it into my cabs to gather dust.
The Healing Light is better for me, and the only advantage before the RoF nerf on the Dis (but after the damage nerf) was that it fired at 222/min rather than the 170/min my Healing Light did.

garyu69
12-07-04, 14:51
I'm a Low Tech Rifle user on Pluto and i have no problems with the Pain Easer, in PvP if i have an aim on my target they usually hit all three bullets.

The only loving in my opinion needed for the Rifle user is another decent option for a low tech user like myself. Also take the T-C off Sniper rifles.

ezza
12-07-04, 15:08
the ROG and Pain Easer are perfect.

The damage has always been good on both of them.

The redeemer needs to hit like TG gaurds

The Healing Light is perfect

The First Love damage is perfect, its aiming isnt.

The Disruptor damage is good against unbuffed players, it needs a small tweak.
yar i go along with this.

TheGreatMilenko
12-07-04, 15:17
increase Pain Easer ROF and make it so all 4 burst can hit easier and boost dmg just a little

pfft wtf was i thinking im a dumbass only boost it so the burst hit easier fuck rifle pe is the only thing that takes skill why you think there is so little of us im about 1 of 3 on saturn but since my 3 month break iv lost skill

Barak
12-07-04, 15:17
Tbh only quibble/s i have is the Pain Easer and FL, FL needs to HIT and the Pain easer needs to hit all 3 bursts more often we don't have a real high rof to make up for it sadly.

TheGreatMilenko
12-07-04, 15:21
pfft wtf was i thinking im a dumbass only boost it so the burst hit easier fuck rifle pe is the only thing that takes skill why you think there is so little of us im about 1 of 3 on saturn but since my 3 month break iv lost skill
1 thing i notice when i came back was Pain Easer did less dmg

meh im tired i cant think some 1 hit me and nock me out plz
*smacks head at wall*

LTA
12-07-04, 16:05
1 thing i notice when i came back was Pain Easer did less dmg

meh im tired i cant think some 1 hit me and nock me out plz
*smacks head at wall*
Pe dmg seems the same to me, didn't seem weaker just that you rarely land three hits, get like a full burst in 4.
FL damage prolly would be good but the chances of landing enough packets to make it do good dmg is slim so the plasma miss % thing needs "tweaking"

Disruptor i dunno about unbuffed, all i know is all the pvping spies i knew used it have stopped using and serveral tell me it just plain utter sucks.

As for removing tc of the SH... how much gimpage does a pe suffer using it atm? cuz i think if you take the tc of... it's gonna make it a very nice weapon for them to drug and whore :(

athon
12-07-04, 16:40
There's been a number of these TL / balancing threads lately. Don't we still have the completion of lupus' changes to come? Would it not be better to wait for those?

Athon Solo

Jest
12-07-04, 17:44
Rifles are not a problem. Ray of God is plain and simple the best non-drugging weapon a PE can use. Pain Easer is very good too if you use it correctly. Its easy to get into the habit of not altering your play style with rifles vs pistols. If you actually use the long range capabilities of the Pain Easer then its worthwhile. But if you rush into combat the same way you do with pistols then you arent using it the way you should.

{MD}GeistDamnit
12-07-04, 18:56
I personally think that rifles needs balances and boosts across the tl, the fact that there are more hybrids then rifle users on uranus disturbs me. There is literally no poin in using rifle which has underpowered damage.

the only reason is the spirit modded SH, but thats still considered an inaccesible rare, since only the select few loved by GMs get them.

and facts are facts rifles spies are a rarity, and rifle PEs can't even be seen anymore. Leaving one major class for PE only: the pistol PE.

uhh, I'm a rifle spy on uranus. People allways ask me if I'm you! I hate that shit! I dont want to get you pk'd by some fools I ganked with my rifle spy "Wong". He uses a redeemer and that gun sux, still kills tho :D HL for op war ;)

would I like to see a boost? Not really... not if ppl are gonna get owned more, then they will just nerf rifle spies to all hell :(