PDA

View Full Version : No effective countermeasure agaisnt parashock.

Rai Wong
12-07-04, 11:06
I think its about some time sombody said it: we are all sick of ppus/hybrids and melee tanks screwing everyone over, yet nobody can do a thing agaisnt the shock, because the drug only works once, before you have to fill it from your inventory again, which then you get parashocked again. In the case of the shocker, or fast para its ridiculous. The only class which can fight agaisnt para is ppu, and thats frankly ridiculous. I have seen 10-14 people clans made us mix spy,monks and tanks being fried by a team with 7 ppus and 2 tanks...yes its that bad.

So I suggest 3 options:

Nerf para, make it reduce weaponlore or make the speed reduction less. (this includes lower paraspells and shocker weapons)

Make drugs stack, like 4-6 charges a can.

Make para resistable to a certain con skil e.g resist energy, or resist psi

Archeus
12-07-04, 11:09
Resist PSI, but it should effect every other PSI spell as well.

LTA
12-07-04, 11:16
I voted nerf
Sick of freezer wars in all shapes and form ....
Tired of being glued repeatedly by melee tanks, tired of glued by monks it just ruins pvp when you can stick someones arse to the ground and make them pretty much immobile

Xylaz
12-07-04, 11:20
well, nerf would be the easiest way, but maybe we could do something about them without removing/nerfing them comlpletely hmm... more stacks, not sure if this would work with all those melee shockers, probably wont (remove my vote then... i was wrong)
But the idea to make a resist psi - anti para skill is pretty interesting for me. My vote goes for this one.

Rai Wong
12-07-04, 11:22
well, nerf would be the easiest way, but maybe we could do something about them without removing/nerfing them comlpletely hmm... more stacks, not sure if this would work with all those melee shockers, probably wont (remove my vote then... i was wrong)
But the idea to make a resist psi - anti para skill is pretty interesting for me. My vote goes for this one.

which indirectely nerfs PEs and Spies... I would suggest it to not require much

Archeus
12-07-04, 11:51
which indirectely nerfs PEs and Spies... I would suggest it to not require much

No it doesn't. The spy/pe has the choice of resisting Para, or dealing with it as it is. They might loose out on heal/shields self casting but they would be basically a monk killer class.

YoDa-UK
12-07-04, 11:55
Make resist PSI work for once, it doesn't do anything and no one specs points into it, this is the answer, resist PSI counts against para and dmg boost effectiveness.

2ply
12-07-04, 12:01
I vote resist it. Make resist PSI actually flippin' be useful.

And it might broaden the char setups alittle.

Herbitt
12-07-04, 12:05
I voted stack the drugs, but with the amount people para you, the drug haze gonna be big x_x

El_MUERkO
12-07-04, 12:19
Can I vote for options 2 and 3.

Resist Psi is a pointless stat, make it worth something by reducing the damage taken from APU spells but pay for it by reducing the healing and protection of PPU spells.

For people who dont want to mess with their Psi setup allow them to take drugs that actually have some use, allow the drugs to stack or one of the hundred suggestions people have made in the past.

This is a ages old discussion that I'm sure KK are getting tried of seeing, how long would it take to code this before BDOYs release. When noobs come to this game for BDOY what will KKs response be to the first one who asks what Resist Psi is for?

Archeus
12-07-04, 12:37
Resist would also have to effect self cast spells. Especially the high level spells, otherwise we would have monks immune to others.

Centuri
12-07-04, 12:43
OMG, lol you wanna nerf para even more. HAHA that really does make me laugh. The para has already been nerfed to hell and back leave it as it is. Already on my ppu I dont both using it anymore really, cause it sucks so much. I might cast it once in a blue moon and thats it.
It takes ages to cast, range has been nerfed and uses a LOT more power than before.

The holy paralysis is meant to be a rare, yet it has been nerfed so much its worthless really. I say maybe decrease the other para spells and shock weapons and increase the holy paralysis a little :)

It seems things are getting so nerfed that fights can no longer be like they used to be :(

n3m
12-07-04, 12:43
make the drugs stack and give no drug haze. maybe a little drug haze for teh cheaper ones

It seems things are getting so nerfed that fights can no longer be like they used to be :(that's EXACTLY what we want.

Ultazha
12-07-04, 12:45
Resist Psi will change the game in a very interesting way i think.

Make Resist Psi counting in other spells. Like DB and Heal.

Yes yes Heal. If you resist to offensive, you resist to defensiv spell too...

I would love to see that, the game will change for all fo sure but in a very interesting way, think about that ;)

Btw i'm sure it will never happen so don't flame me, ok ? ;)

Epsilon 5
12-07-04, 12:46
OMG, lol you wanna nerf para even more. HAHA that really does make me laugh. The para has already been nerfed to hell and back leave it as it is. Already on my ppu I dont both using it anymore really, cause it sucks so much. I might cast it once in a blue moon and thats it.
It takes ages to cast, range has been nerfed and uses a LOT more power than before.

The holy paralysis is meant to be a rare, yet it has been nerfed so much its worthless really. I say maybe decrease the other para spells and shock weapons and increase the holy paralysis a little :)

It seems things are getting so nerfed that fights can no longer be like they used to be :(

do we play the same game?

Rai Wong
12-07-04, 12:49
Well parashock ruins fights.... simply because the fact that once used the opponent is screwed, and no preparations or quick counters are available for getting shocked.

Clownst0pper
12-07-04, 12:50
Make drugs instantly remove parashock.

Make drugs stackable in groups of 4.

Make drugs give no haze on the concentrated.

Make it so once youve took a drug, you are immune to parashock for 2 minutes

Reduce Holy Paralysis by 35% and increase its mana cost by 150-

That will stop spamming it.

Ultazha
12-07-04, 12:51
Make drugs instantly remove parashock.

Make drugs stackable in groups of 4.

Make drugs give no haze on the concentrated.

Make it so once youve took a drug, you are immune to parashock for 2 minutes

Reduce Holy Paralysis by 35% and increase its mana cost by 150-

That will stop spamming it.

:lol: Just say "remove it" would do same effect and be easier for devs ;)

Clownst0pper
12-07-04, 12:53
:lol: Just say "remove it" would do same effect and be easier for devs ;)

I have to keep an open mind ;) :lol:

Marx
12-07-04, 12:56
Resist Psi will change the game in a very interesting way i think.
Feel the same way.

Comie
12-07-04, 12:57
:)

wow yu are a little behind the times mate, it got nerfed then got strenghtened, then got nerfed etc at the moment its on the strengthened part

The holy paralysis is meant to be a rare, yet it has been nerfed so much its worthless really. I say maybe decrease the other para spells and shock weapons and increase the holy paralysis a little

the funny thing is, yu say its a rare, yet every PPU has one, so its not really a rare is it... its more like aspecial weapon thats easy to get.

right now (pluto wise) there is only 2 truely rare items, that is the Terminator, and the spirit modded SH. i want more weapons like these... so that instead of
"oh look nother melee tank... PoB?!?! what a suprise"
it should be
"Melee tank AND HES GOT A CHAINSAW OMFG!!!! HES GOT A CHAINSAW"

oh and a little [OT] KK yur missing a low tech melee weapon - the chainsaw (guess whos been playing doom recently

Clownst0pper
12-07-04, 12:59
The holy paralysis is that useless, that if you hit with it, and dont have any anti shock drugs or a PPU.

you are gaurenteed dead.

Archeus
12-07-04, 13:00
Well parashock ruins fights.... simply because the fact that once used the opponent is screwed, and no preparations or quick counters are available for getting shocked.

o_O If they are using holy para, you can run out of range before it is fired. You can pop a drug and have the spell removed before it can take effect.

You can hop to help negate effects of some paras.

Clownst0pper
12-07-04, 13:02
o_O If they are using holy para, you can run out of range before it is fired. You can pop a drug and have the spell removed before it can take effect.

All of which are countermeasures if your physically aware your "going" to be parashocked.

Most of the time at OP wars concentrating to see if one of many PPU's is going to parashock you, isnt an effective countermeasure archeaus..

Glorfindel
12-07-04, 13:04
There shouldnt be any weps that are really hard to get as they will make a few players uber (we all should fight with the same odds).
As for nerfing the para im against it, i would prefer KK making resist psi usefull for once but only for resisting shocks :P (this isnt beta anymore and there shouldnt be pointless skills, specially now that DoY is gonna be released, makes u look like nibbs).

Centuri
12-07-04, 13:06
You might be right I am a little behind the times atm. I have come from a period when parashock was like 400 meters, only took 30 power to cast and I could kill spies with it.
Now compare that with how it currently is and you will see that it has been nerfed a LOT.

Those of you who have been in a battle with only one ppu on each side how many times have you been able to parashock the enemy. Since I aint been in any realy fights since I have been back I cant say, however from the little bit of fighting I have done, I wouldn't get any parashocks off if the enemy are doing what they are meant to and dealing damage to my team. I would be spending time healing, and buffing I wouldn't be able to wait 5 secs to cast the holy paralysis.

Also maybe rares need to be made more rare then. I say when doy comes out remove all rares on the new server and change the drop rate seriously.

Say 1 tp for 50 mobs killed and change some of the other things in the techpart pool to quested items only, which can only be completed once or require an extreme amount of time to complete.

Just a thought.

Candaman
12-07-04, 13:13
Those of you who have been in a battle with only one ppu on each side how many times have you been able to parashock the enemy.

Loads and its still easy to cast

LMAO run out of range b4 its cast for one u have no chance and for 2 where would u run in a op fite?

Can I vote for options 2 and 3.

Resist Psi is a pointless stat, make it worth something by reducing the damage taken from APU spells but pay for it by reducing the healing and protection of PPU spells.

For people who dont want to mess with their Psi setup allow them to take drugs that actually have some use, allow the drugs to stack or one of the hundred suggestions people have made in the past.

This is a ages old discussion that I'm sure KK are getting tried of seeing, how long would it take to code this before BDOYs release. When noobs come to this game for BDOY what will KKs response be to the first one who asks what Resist Psi is for?

Resist PSI is to protect against PSI DMG because their used to be mobs that did psi dmg not elemental and that is why it is there and u don't know wether this will be coming back in with DoY or not

n3m
12-07-04, 13:15
ffs fucking ISP.. :mad:

anyways like I was saying before I got an error and everything I wrote got deleted.. Tanks would get an even shittier heal if they have to spend points in resist psi. high level spells aren't THAT easy to cap, so imho MST should be lowered and removed for very low level spells

Only the last opwar I've been to, is the ONLY opwar where I wasn't frozen. Might be because I was more carefull because I ran in unbuffed :|
Very nice to have ppus on your side refusing to give buffs

*copies the reply, should the ISP fuck me over again :p*

Xylaz
12-07-04, 13:15

Centuri, there are also other para devices which currently do have the power of holy para, unlimited ammo and 60 or more rof.
Holy para is crap, indeed, but halos are still powerful enough and LOTS of monks are using it constantly.

Archeus
12-07-04, 13:30
All of which are countermeasures if your physically aware your "going" to be parashocked.

Most of the time at OP wars concentrating to see if one of many PPU's is going to parashock you, isnt an effective countermeasure archeaus..

Then you can assume based on the player. Centuri for example says he rarely uses it. Otherwise look for the spell effect.

I remember at one fight, some PPU casted holy para and the second the light was seen everyone legged it out of range. :lol:

Centuri
12-07-04, 13:46
I have been shocked on my pe and it really aint as bad as half of you seem to be moaning about. I can be shocked and still move around well. Will have to do some more tests incase the shock I had was a dud.

greendonkeyuk
12-07-04, 13:48
i voted nerf it but id rather see it removed altogether.

Judge
12-07-04, 14:21
i voted nerf it but id rather see it removed altogether.

Exactly. And no, I'm not going to argue my case. I'm tired of arguing. :mad:

msdong
12-07-04, 14:25
.... (this isnt beta anymore and there shouldnt be pointless skills, specially now that DoY is gonna be released, makes u look like nibbs).

absolute right but i still have hope because they dont have removed it yet.
its a good idea that resist psi have effect on all that stuff.
only leavin the electro shock weapon. you cant use resist psi for that.

my idea is. let shock weapon produce SI ....

Mr_Snow
12-07-04, 14:25
Remove melee shocker remove damn para spells neither have a place in a game with a fps combat system, and this is coming from a long term melee tank and ppu, they need to be gone and should of been gone when the origional freezer nerf came in.

Duder
12-07-04, 16:27
Theres only one effective way to counter para, and thats to UNPLUG YOUR COMPUTER MACHINE.

LTA
12-07-04, 16:29
Remove melee shocker remove damn para spells neither have a place in a game with a fps combat system, and this is coming from a long term melee tank and ppu, they need to be gone and should of been gone when the origional freezer nerf came in.
Ahh the few weeks where they completely nerfed para to hell ... pvp bliss....

heh and when i use hp on mc tanks they cant outrun it , i cast it before they get out of range and they get stuck fast i always get stuck fast and the turning arch nerf it causes is tbh the worse thing about it.
yes i am stuck to the floor but damn i can't even turn enough to keep a lock on a ppu with a inv full of Copbot ammo.....O_o

slaughteruall
12-07-04, 16:30
Nerf the melee shocker. It's over powered and can be spammed on someone. And make drugs stack.

Archeus
12-07-04, 16:35
yes i am stuck to the floor but damn i can't even turn enough to keep a lock on a ppu with a inv full of Copbot ammo.....O_o

Yea turning arc para removed I'd agree with it. It would allow the trapped person to fight while anyone else to flee.

hivemind
12-07-04, 17:47
Ahh the few weeks where they completely nerfed para to hell ... pvp bliss....

LOL those few weeks were what persuaded me to reactivate.

My mistake... :rolleyes: ;)

Skinfitz
12-07-04, 17:50
OMG, lol you wanna nerf para even more. HAHA that really does make me laugh. The para has already been nerfed to hell and back leave it as it is. Already on my ppu I dont both using it anymore really, cause it sucks so much. I might cast it once in a blue moon and thats it. <snip>
Well in that case you won't mind if it gets nerfed further then will you?

LTA
12-07-04, 18:14
LOL those few weeks were what persuaded me to reactivate.

My mistake... :rolleyes: ;)
tbh i enjoyed seeing everyone pull their primary weapon rather than a freezer

hehe you made a mistake there then.... it was HP heh like almost runcastable at 30 mana ... easy whorage then that nerfed and the others fixed and we have now what i deem worst than all freezers and thats them feckin melee stunners, no ammo no delay just para spam city..

mebbe one day i will get to enjoy shockless battles....

/me plays mohaa :o

Comie
12-07-04, 19:04
I remember at one fight, some PPU casted holy para and the second the light was seen everyone legged it out of range. :lol:

that made me chuckle

it happens alot from what ive seen.... yu see the glow then yu leg it and the fight turns into a game of hide and go seek

Disturbed021
12-07-04, 19:36
Those of you who have been in a battle with only one ppu on each side how many times have you been able to parashock the enemy.

I haven't been in a battle with just one PPU on each side in many many months :( Unfortunately there has been an increase of PPU neediness in your absence. 40-60% of the opposing side is made up of PPUs or hybrids in the last 15+ OP wars I've been in. It doesn't matter how good you are or how bad you are, win or lose, when you get paraspammed in fights over and over again it just makes those fights less fun.

While making the drugs in stacks of 4 would be good, I vote for making Resist PSI work to reduce the effectiveness of Para. It would also reduce the effectiveness of DB, Heal, s/d, etc... So you would have to make a choice, deal with para the way it is now or resist it and make your own PSI spells less effective. Also, make a rare APU spell that does just PSI damage or 50% PSI damage 50% Enr or something like that.