PDA

View Full Version : Whens the next fightnight? I got some ideas to add to the fun.

Shujin
11-07-04, 22:42
Have the normal fightnight, but after that have Conditioned fights.

Conditioned fights: Fights with some nice rules

C,1. 2v2.
C,2. Weapons TL 70 and Under.
C,3. Fights between players of the same class only.
C,3-S Spy Only.
C,3-T Tank Only.
C,3-PE PE Only.
C,3-PSI Psi Only.
C,4. No Rares.
C,5. No Armor No Buffs.
C,P. Pistols Only.
C,R. Rifles Only.
C,C. Cannons Only.
C,P. Psi only.

Like having a 2v2 match, fights between players of same class only, no armor or buffs, and psi only.

Anounce it like "Next Fight Conditions: 1,3-T,5,P"
So that would have maybe a team of 2 tanks vs 2 tanks using noob apu spells. or "Next Fight Conditions: 1,3-S,5,P" 2 v 2 Spy fight with pistols only and no armor or buffs.

-REMUS-
12-07-04, 02:27
Only one we might not of done on this list is the tl 70 and under.

EDIT: Its certainly not the way I would run it anyway, it would lead to the host explaining and clarifying the rules every match, but Asterix is having a go atm, I suggest you talk to him/her personally, becuase she/he is new to it and doesnt really need an extra work load atm to deal with untill he/she has enough experiance of the stress's, hi's and low's of fight night.

Basically what fight night has always been is people to come and duel, set aside differences and fight in a fair enviroment where the host controls the order of things and provides a level playing feild with proper judgement.

I ran FN for the longest out of me Jest and Kramer, it can be great fun but it is also a complete pain in the ass at times, what you are talking about isnt fight night since the competitors make up the rules of their fights when they dm it to the host not the other way around. There are exceptions:

No PPU fights
No freezers
No fighting outside of a duel
........ etc (basically comman sense)

In all though Fn is just a gathering not any sort of competitive tourneyment based event, although some people take it more seriously than others. Its just a set time for people to go unwind or enjoy an exciteing match from runners that would normally never speak to each other.

Of course this is a volitile enviroment with so many enemies in one place where weapons can be drawn, things get out of hand and thats where a good host comes in but there is only so much they can do. 90% of FN in preperation, contacting clans making sure they are on best behavior or to be sure the gr of an op will be unlocked... etc

anyway just trying to give you a general picture.

Lexxuk
12-07-04, 02:27
did u ever make that ladder thing remmy?

-REMUS-
12-07-04, 02:39
did u ever make that ladder thing remmy?

I did yeah LOL you should of seen the piles of paper with all those duels written down, I think rade me and kayne where in the top 5. You where in the top 20, but its lost now.

If I ever do FN again ill draw up a ladder for all too see, people dont put enough effort in fn these days I always used to put up screen shots of good fights for ppl who missed it or peeps on other servers to see :/

Lexxuk
12-07-04, 02:42
top 20? but there were only 11 people fighting :( :( :(

-REMUS-
12-07-04, 02:45
top 20? but there were only 11 people fighting :( :( :(

hehe you were ranked higher than most. I think in total there were over 60 names on my ladder and no im not saying who was last :)

Lexxuk
12-07-04, 02:47
hehe you were ranked higher than most. I think in total there were over 60 names on my ladder and no im not saying who was last :)

Shh, people might start to flame you for saying my PVP skillzors are in the top 20, though, tbh, most of my matches were against Mumbly's hybrid, and i had anti-dmgboost :D

-REMUS-
12-07-04, 02:51
Shh, people might start to flame you for saying my PVP skillzors are in the top 20, though, tbh, most of my matches were against Mumbly's hybrid, and i had anti-dmgboost :D

LOL you know I think mumbly came to every fight night I ever did, he had an insane amount of duels.

No but you wernt bad, from now on i'll get Asterix to ban you from dueling people half your rank hehe ;)

Lexxuk
12-07-04, 02:53
I had 1 fight with people half my rank, and that was two spies (and 100 APU's shootin me too) and I lost :o :o

-REMUS-
12-07-04, 03:01
I had 1 fight with people half my rank, and that was two spies (and 100 APU's shootin me too) and I lost :o :o

yeah i remember one of the spies was called flash ff or somthing, ive got a screeny of him dueling the other spy somewhere.

EDIT: we just completely hi-jacked this thread so i'll mention something OT

FN is on every saterday at 9pm gmt although for some strange reason it has been held at 8pm gmt a few times in the past.

Lexxuk
12-07-04, 03:07
was both at the same time iirc (which i do) and gotta be said, was one of the funniest fights ever, i could just feel them holy lightenings and parashocks rainin on my head from all the PPU's/APU's heh, was great :) Then i came 2nd in the overall "no holds bared" fight :D

Rade
12-07-04, 04:24
Even arranging regular 1 vs 1 fights and getting people to understand how
the fights are picked and to stay out of the way when they should is a
fucking hassle. Sometimes a special fight or two works if the ones involved
are in complete understanding, I wouldnt dare to try all this stuff at once..