PDA

View Full Version : AoE Drone TLs

StryfeX
11-07-04, 16:48
Ok, so I'm droning and using AoE drones in the Graves and I realize that currently there's a 23 TL gap between the good high-end AoE drones. The RG-1000 drones (for you non-droners, the RG-1000 is the top level raycannon-type drone other than the Punisher) is TL 78. The next decent AoE drone, which is the FC-1000 is TL 101 (FC-class drones are fusion-cannon type). This leaves a 23 TL gap where you have to use the RG-1000 to do any useful AoE levelling. Which blows chunks because that's when it starts taking quite some time to gain levels.

Of course I'm leaving the RK-class of drones out of it, but who wouldn't, considering you end up blowing yourself up more often than not, because they suffer from the same shitty rocket flight-path problem that rocket launchers suffer from. (Hint to KK: Fix it!)

Please readjust the TL of the drones so that AoE is a little more thoughtfully layed out.

--Stryfe

steweygrrr
11-07-04, 16:54
Ok, so I'm droning and using AoE drones in the Graves and I realize that currently there's a 23 TL gap between the good high-end AoE drones. The RG-1000 drones (for you non-droners, the RG-1000 is the top level raycannon-type drone other than the Punisher) is TL 78. The next decent AoE drone, which is the FC-1000 is TL 101 (FC-class drones are fusion-cannon type). This leaves a 23 TL gap where you have to use the RG-1000 to do any useful AoE levelling. Which blows chunks because that's when it starts taking quite some time to gain levels.

Of course I'm leaving the RK-class of drones out of it, but who wouldn't, considering you end up blowing yourself up more often than not, because they suffer from the same shitty rocket flight-path problem that rocket launchers suffer from. (Hint to KK: Fix it!)

Please readjust the TL of the drones so that AoE is a little more thoughtfully layed out.

--Stryfe

Hmmmm, maybe make the RG-1000 TL-85 or something? Not that I use them anyways, I always found any sort of raygun aoe to be beyond useless on account of the damage it doesn't do. If I'm AoEing in the graves I always go for the RK-1000 on account of the damage it chucks out and its huge AoE.

But hey, I dont need to level anymore....I'm at raptor level already and thats all I need =P

StryfeX
11-07-04, 16:56
Hmmmm, maybe make the RG-1000 TL-85 or something? Not that I use them anyways, I always found any sort of raygun aoe to be beyond useless on account of the damage it doesn't do. If I'm AoEing in the graves I always go for the RK-1000 on account of the damage it chucks out and its huge AoE.

But hey, I dont need to level anymore....I'm at raptor level already and thats all I need =PI don't like using the RK drones because the rockets are always so damn screwy and tend to blow up myself. Besides, you can never get high enough to really make them effective for AoE.

--Stryfe

Maarten
11-07-04, 19:59
It's been a long time since I used drones but having a TL23 gap anywhere is never good.

P4mp3rk3
11-07-04, 22:09

--Stryfe

I'm having the same problem as you atm :)
Using a GAL drone now... Only 3 dex untill I could druf to the FC-1000 but it's taking ages :)

Biznatchy
12-07-04, 07:07
I voted yes but not sure if the FC needs to come down a bit, or the RG needs to go up. Either way AOE drones still do need more damage. AOE in general need more damage tanks and drones. Monks are the only ones with really good aoe damage.

Your right aboutthe RK series of drones worthless as hell. Now the MR drones are pure gold. The damage is still a bit low as with all nonrare drones but good as drones go.

Biznatchy
12-07-04, 07:09
I'm having the same problem as you atm :)
Using a GAL drone now... Only 3 dex untill I could druf to the FC-1000 but it's taking ages :)

The real key is keep you combat rank down a bit and get good exp off the scorps in elfarid till you can drug to the FC.