PDA

View Full Version : My Mouse gone crazy

Jailbird
11-07-04, 13:19
hey, Am starting to get alot of trouble with my mouse latley, its an Mx500 but am sure its not the mouse thats causing that.

anyways, whenever I have some program on it starts to jam. like gets stuck or sometimes moves slowly while getting stuck every second. That thing started ruining my aim in neocron. sometimes it does 180 degree turns for no reason or gets stuck while am moving my mouse then moves the location at a very high speed ( sometimes farther than that location).

its starting to tick me off.. and it goes really bad when i have some other program in the background. usualy Ventrelo. am not sure whats causing that. anybody know how to solve it ? since ive never had it like 2 weeks ago.

Ormy
11-07-04, 13:58
What kind of mouse is it? cordless? optical? If its cordless, 95% chance theres something causing interference. Have you got any spare mice you can test with the comp or another comp you can test the mouse in?

Tried reinstalling the mouse drivers?

SilentEye
11-07-04, 14:27
If its infrared try new batteries!

and1guy
11-07-04, 14:52
spend 10-20 bucks at best buy.. there ya go

Archeus
11-07-04, 15:14
Logitechs tend to be the best around. I've got two opticals running over 5 years now.

Did you install software that effects your USB in anyway? Like network drivers for USB.

Optical mice can get confused on certain surfaces (eg. Shiny, very fine checkerboards). Try changing your mouse mat.

QuantumDelta
11-07-04, 15:17
*Huggles his lil logitech optical M-BJ58* :p

tiikeri
11-07-04, 15:20
QD, its not about the mouse, cause i've been getting it recently too.. and many others on my Vent. (i've tried without running any other apps)

I think its some sort of game related issue what hasn't been noticed yet. For me it started like less than month ago.

Jailbird
11-07-04, 15:22
Mx500 isnt cordless but its optical (duh :rolleyes: )

anyways, I think that the mouse is fine since its pretty new ( couple of months old) but am gonna try another mouse to see if the problem is still there.

Did you install software that effects your USB in anyway? Like network drivers for USB.

I installed a router couple of days ago. but I had the problem before that.

anyways, Ill try what u guys said and see if thats fix it but am fairly sure that the problem is from my system not my mouse.

[TgR]KILLER
11-07-04, 15:23
i got a mx500 to. so it aint bateries cause it doesn't have them lol..

don't know use this mouse for like 1.5 years now never had probs with it. it ownz.. you sure you got the lastest directx version ? directx and my old mouse ( a trust :/ ) used to fuck whole games up for me..

ow maybe something stupid but i gues somebody might forget.. check if there aint a hair stuck or something else between the light hole thingy.. might screw up your mouse movements..

QuantumDelta
11-07-04, 15:24
Alright in that case;
Which programs?

Jailbird
11-07-04, 15:35
usually this happens when my computer starts going slow because it cant hold many programs open but i didnt use to get that mouse problem before even if my computer goes slow.

and I allready downloaded the new driveres but i still got the problem. I get it on different games but alot less than what I get on NC.

QuantumDelta
11-07-04, 15:41
Sounds like a funky memory vs mouse management problem o_O
If I find anything in a search I'll report back but heh..

msdong
11-07-04, 16:08
did u check the sensor for hairs and dirt ????

Archeus
11-07-04, 16:14
usually this happens when my computer starts going slow because it cant hold many programs open but i didnt use to get that mouse problem before even if my computer goes slow.

and I allready downloaded the new driveres but i still got the problem. I get it on different games but alot less than what I get on NC.

Check your machine for spyware (see the bill gates thread).

Jailbird
11-07-04, 16:14
did u check the sensor for hairs and dirt ????

I blow in it 100 times a day just to fix that thing.. and it doesnt seem to fix it.

[TgR]KILLER
11-07-04, 16:19
yea seems like spyware or some if your whole comp goes slow.. run spybot search and destroy and / or adware.. if that doesn't help.. reinstall your pc..

or last thing.. buy a new one :p

Jailbird
11-07-04, 16:25
KILLER']yea seems like spyware or some if your whole comp goes slow.. run spybot search and destroy and / or adware.. if that doesn't help.. reinstall your pc..

or last thing.. buy a new one :p

TBH, ive been thinking about formatting for a while now :wtf:

but am to lazy to do so and install all the games back :p

am running adaware atm "28 new objects" so far. so when its done, should i delete everything as usual?

Archeus
11-07-04, 16:28
am running adaware atm "28 new objects" so far. so when its done, should i delete everything as usual?

Run spybot as well.

I'd also say stop using IE (Mozilla, Firebird, Opera instead) but watch as I get flamed now. ;)

Jailbird
11-07-04, 16:30
Run spybot as well.

I'd also say stop using IE (Mozilla, Firebird, Opera) but watch as I get flamed now. ;)

ya you stop too :p

lol, wth would i use then if i stopped using IE or Mozilla? :wtf:

Archeus
11-07-04, 16:33
ya you stop too :p

lol, wth would i use then if i stopped using IE or Mozilla? :wtf:

Mozilla is fine.. made a mistake in what I wrote. :)

Jailbird
11-07-04, 16:35
Mozilla is fine.. made a mistake in what I wrote. :)

I heard there was some bug with Mozilla were SKILLED hackers could get on ur system. and i repeat SKILLED :rolleyes:

Archeus
11-07-04, 16:47
I heard there was some bug with Mozilla were SKILLED hackers could get on ur system. and i repeat SKILLED :rolleyes:

Sounds like FUD, but if you know of it send it to bugzilla, they fix them fast.