PDA

View Full Version : KK Please Read.

Shujin
11-07-04, 05:18
A new trailer. Although the one released was nice, it was just that nice... nothing special. Great it showed some ingame footage. But, most big company game trailers you see are made entirely CGI.

I know KK is such a small company but have you guys tried to get any big named to help, I'm willing to bet that if you actually try to find some German musicians they would be willing to work for free / cheap because you are up and coming German company.

I just feel a trailer should be dramatic. Did any of you ever see the trailer for Warcraft 3? That was amazing. I just wish KK could do something simular.

Everytime I listen to Rammstein Mutter or Kokain I get neocron in my head for some reason... no other songs really do this.

And for some reason I get the image of DoY soldiers marching in line with a crowd of dirty, poor looking, people along the side of them cheering on and throwing 1 arm up in the air.

I know it would be very contraversial due to this being a German made but I really think KK should make a trailer depicting DoY as a ************ like state with soldiers matching in like as ************'s would and a crowd throwing an arm in the air as they would back in that time.

Although that would be very offensive to some, it would give KK a huge amount of publicity.

Small features I would love to see in a CGI trailer if made:
-_-_-_-_-
1. In the begening of the song Rammstein - Mutter there is a sound like a baby. I have no clue why but this seems very dramatic and would kindof symbolize a new begening in the world of Neocron to me. Maybe place that or a simular sound in the begening of the trailer with or without text, but if it does have text maybe say "A new child is born... What will become of him. etc etc" maybe have a dramatic trailer of that child growing up in DoY and actually being one of those marching soldiers marching to war with Neocron.
I'm downloading Adobe Audition tryout now to try to extra just that part of the song. Will put url just so you can all hear what I mean and try to visualize what I see.

2. There is a very dramatic beat, in my opinion, in the same song. I'm downloading Adobe Audition tryout now to try to extra just that part of the song. Will put url just so you can all hear what I mean and try to visualize what I see.

3. Dark skies, always have dark dramatic skies. Lightning, Zoom in on CG facial expressions( Ie: When DoY Soldiers are matching through the street have a zoom in on a citizen throwing an arm in the air and have their face with the greatest and deepest expression of "kick their ass!" :P )

Thats basicly It, before you shoot down this idea, please try to visualize it. As I said I will try to extract those parts of the songs and post them.

I do doubt Rammstein would actually allow KK to use their stuff, but why not at least ASK. Also, if you cannot, its easy and legal to duplicate beats and simulate simular sounds :).

Clive tombstone
11-07-04, 05:24
sounds cool, I hope they do respond :D

Birdman[H.E.]
11-07-04, 05:28
If i were a ramm member i surelly would allow somebody to use my music in a game, after all its also pub for me.

anyway man you have great ideas, but you know how general public dislikes the idea of ************ stuff, they fear what they cant understand or control.

Again man you have great ideas

Omnituens
11-07-04, 05:31
imo, ingame > cgi

this time, use the new engine KK.

Shujin
11-07-04, 05:35
']If i were a ramm member i surelly would allow somebody to use my music in a game, after all its also pub for me.

anyway man you have great ideas, but you know how general public dislikes the idea of ************ stuff, they fear what they cant understand or control.

Again man you have great ideas
yes but what they fear, they complain about. the news, newspapers, and gaming magazines hear all the complaining about this game from a virtually unknown german gaming company they look into it.

they report about it, people read about necron in newspapers, magazines, and tv from this. there is no such thing as bad publicity.

DonnyJepp
11-07-04, 05:36
I really like the Steve Roach tracks they used for the original soundtrack. I hope the BDOY release includes the whole old soundtrack and an entirely new set of tunes to go along.

Shujin
11-07-04, 05:54
http://www.neotarin.com/beat.wma

thats the beat im talkin about, i couldnt get the vocals off so i just tried to amplify the beat, try to look behind the vocals, also there is a small sound like a cheer when he says Mutter i kinda consider that part of what would kick ass to see a army marching to, that beat and cheer together.

edit:
http://www.neotarin.com/baby.wma
here is the other sound i was speaking of

Crono
11-07-04, 06:19
yes but what they fear, they complain about. the news, newspapers, and gaming magazines hear all the complaining about this game from a virtually unknown german gaming company they look into it.

they report about it, people read about necron in newspapers, magazines, and tv from this. there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Exactly, bad publicity = allot of Free publicity :D

If you cant be famous, be infamous :p

-Crono

Rai Wong
11-07-04, 07:18
I don't think it will ever happen I think they don't have anymore stuff to show.

Shujin
11-07-04, 07:28
I don't think it will ever happen I think they don't have anymore stuff to show.

Actually I think they should make this just so it lures people in. We all know neocron is a candy coated drug ;P its not the best out there but we are all addicted to it.

If they would make this, they would get a HUGE playerbase addicted. Even if it doesnt live up to their expectations, they will be addicted to life like all of us :P

Tank!
11-07-04, 07:36
I really dislike your ************ reference, its not exactly a great depiction of things for Neocron.

As for the trailer, it was a very well put together video that appeals to the MMO gamer that has not yet tried Neocron out. They have a combination of old engine and new engine footage to show off this transition and its cool features. The CGI trailers themselves suck because they dont show the real gameplay and how the engine really looks. Screenshots are decent, video or demos are 10 times better.

Reakktor (aka KK) is not new either, realize this game is now over 4 years old and the engine is about to get a major facelift with plans to continue this on as an MMO should continue to do. The community itself is obviously very happy with the video, even though it does not show a whole lot of new footage of the game since they have glued their eyes to the screenshot peeks on IGN.

Considering the beta arrives in a week, keep your panties un-bunched and give a pat on the back to KK and the community for surviving this long.

:angel:

seraphian
11-07-04, 07:37
I agree wit ha lot of that, I hope there are many more trailers to come!

Honestly though, IG is always better than CGI IMHO, because you actually get an idea of what you're going to be playing and walking around in. You could make a 3-D super-realistic high-polygon CG video for Pong that would put any other CG movie to shame, your trailer could make Pixar and Lucasarts look like little kids playing with Autocad, but your game could still be a blocky mess.

Second, they should focus on the player experiance. As powerful as the image of column after column of DoY bots moving in rank (AKA a Soviet military review) would be cool, but it wouldn't again, show you what you're getting in to. showing a bunch of the new STORM bots and DoY assault bots (the real war-machines, not the scouts. If the scouts are 80/80 ass-kickers imaging what their shock-toops are like!!) in a pitched battle around the gate to NC or DoY, or in the mountains somewhere between would be the best.

IMHO, a dramatic IG scene, dozens of STORM bots charging into withering fire from an equal (or maybe even superior) mass of DoY bots, in line abreast, at night in a lashing rainstorm would be uber. Show off the lighting, show off the new units, but with dim lighting so you don't get a REAL good look at them, just enough to know that they're mowing down STORM bots, and the DoY bots are being pounded to hell, plasma and raygun fire streaking both ways... THAT would be a trailer (or at least part of one :D)

and of course you need a killer soundtrack.

[edit] I agree with the above, the ************ reference was uncalled for, it would be more accurate to use a reference to the soviets (as I did), which were more militaristic anyway and don't tread into sensitive waters...

Morganth
11-07-04, 07:38
Well if you are going for an army scene surely "Links 2 3 4" would be more suitable as its like a military drill.

I like the idea of using something to grab publicity, even if its controversial (sp?).

Shujin
11-07-04, 07:39
I really dislike your ************ reference, its not exactly a great depiction of things for Neocron.
Well most people probably don't :P

anyway... I only mean they should depict DoY as that as how they would show them marching. Would you rather me use North Korea or some other scarey marching people? ;P

edit: and i know kk isnt new but, they kinda are... because that i know of they've had no real success yet. So when they DO have a success do, gaming magazines will call them new just because they have never heard of them before.

edit2: just so you guys know I only used ************sm as an example because that would get alot of pbulicity ;P and its kinda globally known as evil so if KK would depict DoY as that, it would get them major publicity ( bad publicity but still publicity ) ... blah blah etc etc... bored atm

Morganth
11-07-04, 07:42
Well most people probably don't :P

anyway... I only mean they should depict DoY as that as how they would show them marching. Would you rather me use North Korea or some other scarey marching people? ;P

Using the ************ marching style is very distinctive, whereas not everyone would know what you were talking about if you used say the New Zealand National Guard as an example (dunno if there even is one, lol).

Glad to see there is no reference to the Dome's nuclear weapons in the trailers/sneek peeks or a certain government (lets just say not the UK or German) would be all over KK with censorship and whatnot.

40$Poser
11-07-04, 07:44
an idea, just an idea.

When DoY beta begins (this may be already planned, but as anyone other avid nc player I'm in the dark) ...but as I was saying, with all the testers they'll throw together another trailer which displays neocron with more than just a few people.

seraphian
11-07-04, 07:46
Like I said the soviets had it down, the tanks rotating their turrets in salute, the rocket lanchers elevating as they passed the review stand. Stalin in particular turned the intimidating military astetic into an art.
Just look at the tank designs themselves, blocky and rough-looking even though that is a less advantagous armor configuration (more sloped and rounded armor deflects light arms, machineguns and even non-HEAT rockets better)

Then again I think that the nations should have a style all their own co-opting any kind of historical flavor is just going to piss people off.

also: Cyberpunk is all about moral ambiguity. Neocron is wrong for what they do, but so is the DoY. There is no 'good guy' here. If you lok at the backstory if Thor wasn't a power-hungy bastard, there would have been no war. If Ceres wasn't a haughty, holier-than-thou asshole, there would have been no war. Neocron started the war. DoY ended it with nukes. As happens so often in international wars, no one really has the moral high-ground here.

Shujin
11-07-04, 07:47
Using the ************ marching style is very distinctive, whereas not everyone would know what you were talking about if you used say the New Zealand National Guard as an example (dunno if there even is one, lol).
see thats the only thing i meant by that ************ thing ;P wasnt trying to offend anyone ;P

infact alot of my dads family are german jews... my grandma is asian... and i
even have a black uncle... so dont get any ideas with me and ************'s ;P

edit: yea but not everyone knows how the soviets looked when they marched or how they saluted or anything. EVERYONE knows how the ************'s looked.

Morganth
11-07-04, 07:48
an idea, just an idea.

When DoY beta begins (this may be already planned, but as anyone other avid nc player I'm in the dark) ...but as I was saying, with all the testers they'll throw together another trailer which displays neocron with more than just a few people.

That would be great. Would give a "this could be you" feel to the trailer.

Hopefully all the random synchage and FREs will be sorted in BDoY, as this has to be one of the major parts of NC which throws people from playing it.

Shujin
11-07-04, 07:50
about that player trailers from bdoy beta: i doubt beta testers will be allowd to if it is closed beta. not sure though.

ive never seen any in game video from any other closed betas, and im pretty sure that doing one would be against the closedness and if someone posted it on the forum they might even be removed from beta. but i dunno so i should shut up

40$Poser
11-07-04, 07:50
That would be great. Would give a "this could be you" feel to the trailer.

Hopefully all the random synchage and FREs will be sorted in BDoY, as this has to be one of the major parts of NC which throws people from playing it.

indeed. I think it'd be awesome. But that is just meh tho :/

Shujin
11-07-04, 07:51
indeed. I think it'd be awesome. But that is just meh tho :/
i like the idea too ;] but some reason i just like really dramatic CG movies... seriously that Wc3 trailer left a impression on me. if you havent seen it you should try to find it, the music in it is just amazing.

Morganth
11-07-04, 07:51
about that player trailers from bdoy beta: i doubt beta testers will be allowd to if it is closed beta. not sure though.

ive never seen any in game video from any other closed betas, and im pretty sure that doing one would be against the closedness and if someone posted it on the forum they might even be removed from beta. but i dunno so i should shut up

Thats closed beta because of the NDA. However it could be done for the Open Beta I guess.

EDIT: I like the idea too.

james_finn
11-07-04, 11:05
I very much doubt there will be an open beta. Open Beta AFAIK will be release....... Like neocron :D

Delphi

n3m
11-07-04, 12:18
rammstein? are you serious? O_o

Shujin
11-07-04, 16:36
rammstein? are you serious? O_o
i wub teh rammstein

Callash
11-07-04, 18:23
wasnt trying to offend anyone ;P
That's what we would have to repeat to all game magazines, outraged players, moral watchdogs and whatnot. Ask Rammstein themselves, all they do is do hard music in german with a rolling "r" and a firery live show and whammo! they have to tell everyone "No, we are not ************s. Never were, never will be". So no thanks.

Besides, afaik their management isn't exactly keen on working together with ANYTHING :p

steweygrrr
11-07-04, 18:31
And btw, remember Shuijin that CA are the bad guys in all of this. DoY is populated by 'citizens' of NC after the last time that NC rolled in there, executed Ceres and replaced him with their own government. However, away from the influences of Reza, this government broke free and did things their way instead of under the iron grip of a murderous, traitorous tyrant.

But yes. Rammstein would rock, but you would need to use links 2 3 4 or Feuer Frei, not Mutter. who wants a song titled 'Mother' to promo this kind of game?

Mumblyfish
11-07-04, 18:42
And btw, remember Shuijin that CA are the bad guys in all of this.
That's actually not right at all. As far as I see it, it's entirely in the eye of the beholder. That's the beauty of Neocron, there's no line between good and evil, right and wrong. It's all subjectional. FYI, I'm with Reza all the way. Terrorists r teh evul http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/angel2.gif

steweygrrr
11-07-04, 18:49
That's actually not right at all. As far as I see it, it's entirely in the eye of the beholder. That's the beauty of Neocron, there's no line between good and evil, right and wrong. It's all subjectional. FYI, I'm with Reza all the way. Terrorists r teh evul http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/angel2.gif

KoS j00!

wait....I'm FA....what do I care....go whoever!

I'm going to say this though. The Twilight Guardian was intended to overthrow the psi monk government and Yaeger and Reza where going to set up a democracy in NC. Instead Reza turned or Yaeger and imposed his draconian dictatorship on Neocron, far worse than the PSI Monks ever did i.e brainwashing, death the penalty for all crimes, outlawing of anything that wasnt pro reza/CA.

Actually come to think of it, Yaeger seems to have gone mad of late. What with his statements of conquering both DoY AND NC. I think he has misplaced that bag labelled 'marbles'.

Shujin
11-07-04, 21:01
But yes. Rammstein would rock, but you would need to use links 2 3 4 or Feuer Frei, not Mutter. who wants a song titled 'Mother' to promo this kind of game?
me ;D and i really only meant the beat of the song should go in. because as i said i doubt rammstein would actually allow the song to be used, so the beat can just be remade. but if u used a the actual song not just the beat yea links 2 3 4 would be the best. or Sonne ;] i wub sonne

Shujin
11-07-04, 21:02
Actually come to think of it, Yaeger seems to have gone mad of late. What with his statements of conquering both DoY AND NC. I think he has misplaced that bag labelled 'marbles'.
he's been goin mad due to a FA implant. ;P

edit: sry dbl post

Doc Holliday
11-07-04, 22:07
hellmarch the track from c and c redalert iirc would be perfect.

Vampire222
11-07-04, 22:51
http://www.neotarin.com/beat.wma

thats the beat im talkin about, i couldnt get the vocals off so i just tried to amplify the beat, try to look behind the vocals, also there is a small sound like a cheer when he says Mutter i kinda consider that part of what would kick ass to see a army marching to, that beat and cheer together.

edit:
http://www.neotarin.com/baby.wma
here is the other sound i was speaking of

rammstein!

Shujin
11-07-04, 22:55
rammstein!
guess that means u agree?

LiL T
11-07-04, 23:28
I think the next trailer should be DOY attack on neocron city done with the new engine and have everyone trying to defend neocron at the front gate with a few selected players flying gliders as anti city bombing the crap out of neocron :)

Oh and lots of Doy scout bots owning storm bots out in the wastes like a real war they could do alot of filming on test server for this I'm sure alot of people would help out.

Logan_storm_03
12-07-04, 09:27
this topics turning into a political battle ground :confused:, but any i think the ideas so far are really good a new trailer :cool: