PDA

View Full Version : Drone Enhancements

shrubbery
11-07-04, 03:15
Alright, most of us hate researching a tech part only to realise after one minute its a drone part. It hurts us all so much..

So perhaps, when constructing these drones from Tech Parts you can receive slots - (0-5)

And in these slots you could enhance them by the following modifications:

Speed Increase - Increase drone speeds by 20-30%

Lift Rate - To gain higher distance from the ground, it can facilitate things for you.

Strengthen Hull - Add 15% resists to the drones defenses.

Fire Rate - Makes the drones rate of fire increase by 10%

Something Else - ???

-Just came to me and seemed to make sense, however when building drones from BP's slots will always be 0. So now there would actually be a reason for collecting drone bits and may or may not raise their market value.

And could make building them... more fun? YEAH!

SilentEye
11-07-04, 03:50
5 stars :D

bounty
11-07-04, 03:53
personally, i think all drones should be built drones, but return to your inventory after they blow up or drop, i see a few exploits with this, but i see this working out as well, and for the love of god, i don't want you to be able to fire and kill stealthers, but droners should BE ABLE to see stealthers in case they are coming towards your body!!

edit:I like the ideas you have but they would have to give much MUCH lower benefits than that. with your proposed percentages, you'd make drones up into the old hybrid elite status and that would make them highly overpowered. Tone that down a bit and i think your idea is a winnar.

Crono
11-07-04, 04:17
personally, i think all drones should be built drones, but return to your inventory after they blow up or drop, i see a few exploits with this, but i see this working out as well, and for the love of god, i don't want you to be able to fire and kill stealthers, but droners should BE ABLE to see stealthers in case they are coming towards your body!!

edit:I like the ideas you have but they would have to give much MUCH lower benefits than that. with your proposed percentages, you'd make drones up into the old hybrid elite status and that would make them highly overpowered. Tone that down a bit and i think your idea is a winnar.

yea drones should not blow up :/ espically rare ones, imagine if an enemie hit you and your new rare gun blew up and is gone ><

Oh man, and one of the mods could be a Heat vision mod that could be toggeled on and off like a guns flashlight, that would let u see the blurr as a heat color for stealthed people :D

oh man that would eb cool :D (im a tank, this isnt even for me :P )

-Crono

Maloch Octavia
11-07-04, 12:10
I've been using Drones for longer than I can remember, I've killed dozens upon dozens of people with them, all Level 50+.

Drones do not need enhancements.

You'll get us nerfed, now keep quiet.

TheGreatMilenko
11-07-04, 12:56
I've been using Drones for longer than I can remember, I've killed dozens upon dozens of people with them, all Level 50+.

Drones do not need enhancements.

You'll get us nerfed, now keep quiet.

he speaks the truth listen to this wise man :angel:

Dru Blood
11-07-04, 13:27
drones are awesome as they are, my fav drone is the punisher, basicly because when i find a sniper and whack him with my raptor or what ever he stealths as they do, now with the punisher i keep pounding the ground infront of him and he soon drops a tag its such a good feeling.

funkeymonkey
11-07-04, 21:47
cool idea but were fine as we are i think, we dont wanna get boosted as that would be inviting a nerf as Maloch said.

sanityislost
11-07-04, 23:01
only thing i think drones need is a better control system

SiL ..:..

funkeymonkey
12-07-04, 18:59
yeah behind able to see your health points would be nice. Also i think that le rules should apply. If a un le'd apu runs up to an le'd char with his holy lightning out then the apu cant target the le'd runner. But droners can target and shoot le runners (however with no dmg - as it should be), and with no local list whilst on the drone u cant determine le'd runners from non le'd runners so can easily waste ammo or revenger drones.