PDA

View Full Version : synch....

Ryuben
11-07-04, 02:51
Ok we all have gotten used to synching.

But why do we take damage/ can get traded / can get moved when we the player have no direct control over our runners ??

It takes the piss when u all of a sudden synch up for no reason, has happened to me 3 times to day, once plaza 1 so ok, but the other 2 times was out in hostile area so yeah both times dead.

Surely if the client is not sending any information to the server, it should just restart the fucking client to re-synch it not leave ur character there takeing damage untill it fixes it.

Im sure KK will jsut turn around and say it will be exploited but FFS every thing else in this game is, but im sure if u coded it correctly it wouldn't be very exploitable.

I.e. if its server side then it means u get throw off ur runner and told to restart NC.
If its client side i.e. u get ahead or behind the server it throws u off ur runner but hes still "in game" as its ur side of the problem.

Lexxuk
11-07-04, 02:56
I think most all MMORPG's dont suddenly disconnect you if you go LD, cause if you were in the middle of a fight and about to die, you could upclip your modem and go LD. AO does it the worst, you go LD and you start to run around like a headless chicken, usualy into the mobs you were attacking = dead :( But there is no easy solution to it tbh.

SilentEye
11-07-04, 03:51
When you synch bug next to a vehicle you can go in it and drive it while synching :P

.hack//sign
11-07-04, 05:40
i dont really have much trouble with synch :rolleyes:

Birkoff
11-07-04, 07:20
PP is the worst, u get a long syn going into pp and u know ur gunna be dead b4 u get to more forwards. YOu shouldnt appear on the screen until the client has synced :S

juvestar15
11-07-04, 07:48
SWG has a period of like 30 seconds before you can get attacked after shuttling(zoning) across. There are a few problems with that in SWG but they are eliminated in NC. Of course both parties are unable to attack each other.

StryfeX
11-07-04, 07:51
I think that for random synching, they should try to fix the netcode instead of adding some sort of invulnerable/disappearing hackjob fix.

For zoning they should make it so that you're invisible/unhittable until you've fully zoned in and actually have control over your char.

--Stryfe

MjukisDjur
11-07-04, 17:42
the best thing is when you hunt and move around and suddenly the mobs stop taking damage but your own damage slowly drops and drops...
Relogg and find out that you now either got 50 base hlt and the pissant mobs kill you or lay very dead on the ground :P