PDA

View Full Version : Radiation & Sunroofs

Maloch Octavia
10-07-04, 20:02
If Neocron is a post-apocalyptic world, with the majority of the planet inaccessible due to radiation...

WHY MOST OF THE FECKIN' VEHICLES OPEN TOPPED!!

I'm getting sick of being picked out of my drivers seat on almost every vehicle. Hello, radiation, sunroof? NOT BLOODY LIKELY!!

FOUR TIMES this has happened to me today, where I've been picked out my seat by some sexually frustrated Pk'er, and it's start to do my fucking head in.

Anti-Vehicle weapons were introduced to counter the vehicle boost. The vehicle boost was crap, and AV weapons are rarely used, because it's generally much easier to shoot at the driver.

Can we start seeing new models of the current vehicles with closed tops? Obviously harder to build / cost more, but come on, lets get a sense of perspective here.

Do the NeXt designers get a hardon from making a new vehicle and making it open topped?

Drake6k
10-07-04, 20:24
Actually the vehicle boost was very good. They take a fair amount of damage. The reveler and rhino both do extremely good damage and any more would unbalance them. Yes you can get killed in the open top vehicles but you also can move faster and have the option of a very powerful gun ;) They may even add to your defense but I'm not sure.

I believe it is a good thing that in most vehicles mobs and players can shoot the people inside because anyone but a tank takes such a long time to destory them it makes pking impossible. I know you dont like getting pked and think the people who kill you are assholes but neocron is based on pvp and players should be able to kill enemies.

msdong
10-07-04, 21:19
...... Yes you can get killed in the open top vehicles but you also can move faster and have the option of a very powerful gun ;) They may even add to your defense but I'm not sure......

hahaha, im sorry. i use VHC every day and i have to say that the dammage is ok. but there is someting wrong when a monk can keep up to me and nuke me out of my trike with a few HL.

the balance is still on the runner side and not on the VHC. the only thing that kill tanks and PEs is that there are not enough VHC out there to carry a anti VHC

€and dont forget that any other VHC but the rhino and the combat hover is useless in PvP. because A) slow movement/turning B) get nuked out of the Bike

Drake6k
10-07-04, 22:55
€and dont forget that any other VHC but the rhino and the combat hover is useless in PvP. because A) slow movement/turning B) get nuked out of the Bike

Combat hover blows... Reveler's gun is amazing in pvp and the vehicle isnt too slow. Heavy scorpion trike isnt bad either. I gun my reveler while my ppu stays outside healing me. Ownage.

r0ti0n
10-07-04, 23:04
havent driven much, but i do remember getting jumped by 2 MB APUs while i was getting driven to MB and my drive got rocked by an HL then they decided to kill me so i was completely screwed.

im just waiting for my gliders... :lol:

msdong
11-07-04, 00:16
...Heavy scorpion trike isnt bad either. I gun my reveler while my ppu stays outside healing me. Ownage.

shure reveler. bud would you do on a normal VHC that blow up ?
uh wow - a PPU and a driver/gunner can kill ppl. so where is the difference to a PPU and a tank? the difference is that you VHC blow up and the mainweapon of the tank is in a saveslot.

jiga
11-07-04, 00:26
They should reduce the dmg that a driver takes by 50%

Scikar
11-07-04, 00:36
I always thought players in vehicles took less damage than normal, maybe it's only in the Jeep. Though on my many attack runs made in a 4x4 Chaincraft I did notice the gunner seemed to take normal damage, especially from those pesky monks.

r0ti0n
11-07-04, 01:12
itd be useful if you could run people over and actually do some damage :angel:

could actually make driving in this game a bit more fun