PDA

View Full Version : THREAD MERGED - Fix this game

slaughteruall
10-07-04, 19:18
I crashed to a fucking citycom 5 times in a row. Got it work the sixth time. Zoned out of MB to kill the cyclops. Get to the bunker and black sync. I thught oh well i've been getting it all fucking day no big deal relog. I end up dead around some fire mobs. I'm like nice another bug i will relog again. Same thing dead around fire mobs. Some how i was teleported from MB bunker to H_12. Now that is just fucking lovely.

When are you going to fix your shity servers? When are you going to fix the fucking black sync's? When are you going to fix this teleporting bull shit? When are you going to fix your fucked up net code? When are you even going to fucking patch the servers so we can get a half ass desent drop rate again? Work iwth us here were paying your fucking salaries.

Well fuck NC for today. This fucked up piece of shit game and blow me.

Slaughter

COLD
10-07-04, 19:28
my condolences, I truly feel for ya. I personally haven't had much time to play since last weekend because of work. I'm actually kind of glad that I have missed all the bugs that have been popping up here lately on Saturn. I did manage to play a few days ago on Pluto for a short while(but I have a shit char there that I really didn't feel like leveling any, same for my alts on Uranus.) Im really afraid to waste time on Saturn for fear of a rollback due to the troubles here of late.

Good thing I still enoy the hell out of bf1942 : Desert Combat!!

Sorry wasn't trying to change the tone of your rant, I'm just hoping that it gets straightened out soon.

Underground
10-07-04, 19:29
wooooooooooosaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..........

Houston
10-07-04, 19:33
Closed.

Nidhog :lol:

slaughteruall
10-07-04, 19:36
[ edited ]
@cold I understand i've been working 12 hour shifts this week. So this was going to be my day to do nothing but lvl and kill some people. Not with all of these bugs.

Slaughter

Nidhogg
10-07-04, 19:49
By all means make a complaint but do it without breaking the forum rules.

N

-REMUS-
10-07-04, 19:59
yeah ive been getting alot of problems with fatals every 45+ mins its anoyying as hell, and i also encounter the city com crash thing too, twice in a row so I know your not talking bull. Seems to have calmed down tho in the last 2 hours on pluto at least.

manderf
10-07-04, 19:59
its fun to crash

notneo
11-07-04, 08:26
another moan about crashing,mmmmmmmmmmm try another game,this is a lot better and stable than a lot i have i have heard for stabilty in past posts,

i personally tried city of heroes and that one had daily server maintennece and alts repeating the same 5 secs of gameplay

Fez
11-07-04, 08:39
daily server maintance is for a few very imporant reasons, backup all data,a clean reboot to help stable servers and stops ppl from running macros all day every day :P

seraphian
11-07-04, 09:01
you guys know me, I'm usually the first one to jump up and defend KK and their effort in providing us with a great game...

But this is REALLY starting to get on my nerves. I pay for a game, while that doesn't give me a whole lot of rights, certianly not as much right to input as a lot of NCers think, it does give me a right to PLAY NEOCRON. when I can't do that 3 days out of 4 this month due to some issue (either KKs, their ISPs my ISPs, ect.) I wonder exactly what I am paying for.

If KK followed the formula that my ISP does for downtime and paying customers (they do not require you to pay for any time that your service falls below the minimum bandwidth you paid for, and any time it's out they count it double) I would be EARNING MONEY playing NC not spending it!

I don't care what you have to do, take Saturn offline for a few days and fix it, delay DoY and make a few hotpatches, take a programmer or two out back and kick their ass, or what, but this is getting rediculous.

At this rate me and 3 or 4 other people are going to be having a grand time after bDoY release, everyone else will either be fed up with the FREs and synch bugs, or will have left because they haven't gained a single level in months due to rollbacks and gone.
[edit] my 500th post yipee! I feel so old :lol: :angel:

MjukisDjur
11-07-04, 17:39
Sometimes the servers act exactly like they have a problem with speed/duples settings. You know the issue when some network cards speak to some switches and they bounce up and down and loose a shitload of packets... I know the synch problem is not on my side anyway and it have become a lot worse lately imop.

Reinstalling the crap atleast removed my "crash when opening mob" issue :)

Archeus
11-07-04, 17:46
another moan about crashing,mmmmmmmmmmm try another game,this is a lot better and stable than a lot i have i have heard for stabilty in past posts,

He has a valid point. Shouldn't tell him to leave just because he wants it fixed.

I don't suffer nearly as bad as he does although recently I have been getting.
- FRE (around 1 in 3-4 hours)

- Sync'ing when logging in. On one account I have to relog 3-4 times. Other accounts don't have the problem. I guess it has something to do with the amount of stuff I carry.

Heretic Shadow
11-07-04, 18:17
i think its just saturn fucking up again, it wouldnt supprise me if i goes offline for another few days soon. or another roll back...

Neocrons_coward
11-07-04, 18:27
Closed.

Nidhog :lol:

If this happens then it shows either

A, Nidhogg doesnt deserve a position within the forums and should be scrapped of his/her (most likely to be a female) position due to lack of customer care

B, Your be told to shut the fuck up and jus play

C, Some people will agree with you and a protest is started

[ edited ]

Deadly Dragon

Neocrons_coward
11-07-04, 18:28
By all means make a complaint but do it without breaking the forum rules.

N

Are you feeling alright Nidhogg?

Ze0n Xavier

Mr_Snow
11-07-04, 18:37
Your talking as if its a new thing FREing everytime somebody touchs a citycom.

phunqe
11-07-04, 19:12

A, Nidhogg doesnt deserve a position within the forums and should be scrapped of his/her (most likely to be a female) position due to lack of customer care

[ edited ]

Deadly Dragon

I couldn't really figure out why I raised an eyebrow when I read your "I'm back" thread a while back...

Now I know.

Nidhogg
11-07-04, 19:17

[ edited ]

Deadly Dragon
Looks like you're starting a new trend there - complaining about things I haven't done. BTW, one more offensive comment like that about the devs and you'll be off this forum faster than you can blink. I hope I make myself clear.

N

coppertop
11-07-04, 20:48
Lol, some days I log in and play for hours even an entire day with little to no crashes. Other days I log in and crash every 5 minutes. Now I not only get the FRE's and the dumps to windows. SInce one of the recent patches I have also added runtime errors to my list if NC crash related mssgs. Gotta love a game that still crashes regularaly 2 years after release :). Ohh yeah...Way to go KK. 2 years and you've given me a new error mssg to get all hyped up about ;)

DonnyJepp
11-07-04, 20:58
I still get right click bugs often upon login.

It would be nice to get all blueprints labeled by tech level,

and have each type of item get its own color of datacube and to have pokers' tools visible

and poking to say who poked you

and for warbots to not die someplace other than where you killed them (can't hack until you relog bug)

and for cabinets to hold more stuff and for gogos to be larger

and for all of the functionality that would make it a true 2004 game rather than this "stuck in '99" interface we're still putting up with

fix research window hopping

and trade window emptying

and int experience getting "stuck" so you have to buy or kill something

and let you click-drag multiple things at one time

and add a "DROP ALL" button for looting things (been asked for since I started)

and other stuff.

Like when you don't have enough stamina but try to use a medkit or psi booster and it uses it anyway.

And the new bug that makes your spells not work upon zoning sometimes or after synap.

And the "stuck to zone point until bandwidth goes back to normal" bug

More to come...

Oh yeah fix the installer bugs. Anyone who installs from CD these days is a masochist.

Genty
11-07-04, 21:00
fix research window hopping

That is not a bug. :rolleyes:

DonnyJepp
11-07-04, 21:03
That is not a bug. :rolleyes:

Sure it is. Until I see all windows randomly hopping around the screen it's a bug. When the processor window bops around for one single circumstance, researching, simply to be annoying as hell, it's a bug.

Think KK would put up with that kind of garbage from their payroll software?

Nidhogg
11-07-04, 21:26
Yeah but there's little point exploiting your own payroll. :/ Genty's right, it's not a bug.

N

DonnyJepp
11-07-04, 23:30
Yeah but there's little point exploiting your own payroll.
N

It happens all the time in the states :p How did Martin pay for that last rolex anyway? :angel:

Anyway one other showstopping bug that's happened to me personally just a couple months ago, I died on my noob hybrid and lost my entire kit, no backpack, no belt, no nothing. I reported it, not to get my stuff back (it was noob gear) but just to let the crew know it had happened. Of course the GMs were like "oh that could happen".
O_o

SilKK
11-07-04, 23:36
nidhogg you say make a complaint but most people have seen so many fucking posts about this kinda shit they know theres no point cause nothing will change

am i wrong?

LiL T
11-07-04, 23:44
KK you need to fix this game or it will die overnight upon release of the expansion the biggest turn off to most gamers is a game that crashes. I'm talking about the people who will soon join this game who normally play playstation games or other games that don't crash. As soon as they play this game and it crashes more than 3 times in 1 hour they are gonna get pissed I mean really pissed why should they continue to pay for a game that broke? Sorry too sound all negative and I know theres another post on this but it really needs to be taking seroiusly thats why I made a new post too get the point across that us currently players love this game. We want it to get big so we have a bigger player base, saying that directx 9 will fix it is not enough and is foolish if you ask me whats there to stop even worse bugs from comming up?

Shujin
11-07-04, 23:48
the biggest turn off to most gamers is a game that crashes.
no way dude i seen this pic of a dude shooting a certain liquid from his ass and that made me literally throw up, thats prolly the biggest turn off ;o...

heh. anyway well tbh i havent crashed for about 4 months... O_o ive sync'd maybe twice in that time, and ive FRE'd 0 times...

Zaq
11-07-04, 23:50

ahahahahahah thats funny :rolleyes:

the point is, people DO leave and try other games, and they DONT crash like NC all the time.

I don't mind putting up with the bugs personally. Guess you see em all the time its just business as usual

typical day for me playing NC:

team mate: "dude, you're running around on fire, lol"
me: "yeah its a bug"

team mate: "yo, whats up you quit your clan?"
me: "no wtf"
team mate: "i can't see your clan name..."
me: "oh must be a bug"

me: "dude you're flying in the air! rofl"
team mate: "eh? im standing next to you"
me: "lol that bug again"

team mate over TS: "crap im syncing..."
me: "relog mate"
team mate: "ok im back in"
me: "wru?"
team mate: "err wtf I respawned 2 sectors away oO"

poker: "poking all TLs TH sector 1!!!"
me: "ok omw..."
me: "ok im here poke meh!!"
poker: "err can't see you wru?"
me: "im right in front of you!!! fuck its that bug again lol brb i'll zone"
poker: "ok lol"
me: "ok fuck now i cant see you - oh who just poked me??"
poker: "lol i can see you now..."
me: "but i can't see you oO dumb game..."

me: "rofl i just zoned into p4 and warped into a female PE!! ... mmm shes not bad looking, nice arse"

LiL T
11-07-04, 23:52
I did not crash much for a while but yesterday was not even funny died too many times to zone crashing and if I stand in a zone for too long I will crash when I zone. I got clever I relog befor I zone and it fixes it but I should not have to relog after standing afk for 10 fukin mins in plaza 2 and oh god if I forgot to relog I get ganked when I zone to pepper park 1 :mad:

DonnyJepp
12-07-04, 00:08
today I was zoning into MC5 with my PPU and I was stuck in sync for at least 20 seconds, upon arrival into the zone I was already dead.

Neet.

Selendor
12-07-04, 00:08
There does seem to be a corellation between length of session and likelihood of crashing. If I'm at an op war I regularly reload the game at convenient intervals to prevent crashing, but if I stay afk in plaza for a while its really likely I will crash on my next zone. Perhaps a memory leak somewhere? I don't know.

LiL T
12-07-04, 00:09

[ edited ]

Deadly Dragon

[ edited ] you come on these forums to disrupt that is all so many times I have seen you post my chars ingame name in a wrong way which btw fucks me right off. I never said anything to you about it in forums till now, If I pked you a few times ingame so what I can pk anyone I like there are no rules to stop me I see you constantly breaking forum rules if its to get attention plz don't bother no one cares
O_o

Are you feeling alright Nidhogg?

Here we go again NC you did not even see what slaughteruall posted that was edited so why get involed ? the mods do there job based on the forums rules as allways stated use PM's if you got a problem

LiL T
12-07-04, 00:12
Yep got too be a memory leak some where

Nidhogg
12-07-04, 00:21
Thread merged.

N

Chaos81
12-07-04, 00:43
I think some people need to chill out. It's a game and, yes crap happens...

I was with this game from beta until release and I myself got extremely frustrated and ended leaving around September. Now i've come back and while many of the bugs are still here I can realize that there is something about the atmosphere of this game that draws me in.

They ARE doing SOMETHING right and I for one will give them the chance to make it up in the expansion. Until then i'm just going to enjoy myself. :)

kb244
12-07-04, 01:02
I think some people need to chill out. It's a game and, yes crap happens...

I was with this game from beta until release and I myself got extremely frustrated and ended leaving around September. Now i've come back and while many of the bugs are still here I can realize that there is something about the atmosphere of this game that draws me in.

They ARE doing SOMETHING right and I for one will give them the chance to make it up in the expansion. Until then i'm just going to enjoy myself. :)

Most other games, you pay for once and thats it. Playing neocron, the cost will well exceed the cost I originally payed for aliens vs predator 2, or some other game on my shelf. And the games you pay once for arnt nearly as buggy as neocron is. Paying for it I would hope that a bug is fixed within a 2 months period, hasnt happened with KK yet. I havent seen them take one of the major bugs and fix them in the course of the last 6 months. The only game I have ever played that was buggier than this, was Tribes 2.

darkservent
12-07-04, 02:24
ahahahahahah thats funny :rolleyes:

the point is, people DO leave and try other games, and they DONT crash like NC all the time.

I don't mind putting up with the bugs personally. Guess you see em all the time its just business as usual

typical day for me playing NC:

team mate: "dude, you're running around on fire, lol"
me: "yeah its a bug"

team mate: "yo, whats up you quit your clan?"
me: "no wtf"
team mate: "i can't see your clan name..."
me: "oh must be a bug"

me: "dude you're flying in the air! rofl"
team mate: "eh? im standing next to you"
me: "lol that bug again"

team mate over TS: "crap im syncing..."
me: "relog mate"
team mate: "ok im back in"
me: "wru?"
team mate: "err wtf I respawned 2 sectors away oO"

poker: "poking all TLs TH sector 1!!!"
me: "ok omw..."
me: "ok im here poke meh!!"
poker: "err can't see you wru?"
me: "im right in front of you!!! fuck its that bug again lol brb i'll zone"
poker: "ok lol"
me: "ok fuck now i cant see you - oh who just poked me??"
poker: "lol i can see you now..."
me: "but i can't see you oO dumb game..."

me: "rofl i just zoned into p4 and warped into a female PE!! ... mmm shes not bad looking, nice arse"

Fuck man thats hilerious shit. Yea other MMORPGs arnt as bad as NC. Its the worse ive seen. FIX IT!!!! fix the tech drop then fix the crashing b4 adding new shit.

kb244
12-07-04, 02:30
I Think alot of us would be happy if they left all the new stuff from this point on to be added into BDOY, and just fix the game itself right now rather than worry bout what more features to add. Theres an expansion pack up comming for anything "more" that needs to be added.

Celt
12-07-04, 03:33
I Think alot of us would be happy if they left all the new stuff from this point on to be added into BDOY, and just fix the game itself right now rather than worry bout what more features to add. Theres an expansion pack up comming for anything "more" that needs to be added. People have been campaigning to have the critical bugs fixed now, and toys left for later since late 2002.

Done no good so far.

-Vicious, approx 1000 fatals, 600 synch bug requiring relog, 150 right click bugs in 18months(only 6 of heavy play too :()

Birkoff
12-07-04, 04:55
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=102587

Menolak
12-07-04, 06:25
Fer sure, the bugs are annoying..I'm almost scared to do ANYTHING because it might roll back:p *everybody stands in plaza whispering quietly, scared to zone or change item*...:)
'Cept fer when I die, or it rolls back, I get a kick out of the bugs...usually a good relog or reboot will fix ya up...it's personality that counts. Fuck, I wish I'd teleport into h-12, save me some time because I didnt spec vehicule..I alway teleport to stupid places where there are no good mob's ;) ..Maybe NC is an acquired taste. Oh well..I've ALWAYS wanted an FPS where I could RP, build my character myself, and kick people's ass..thanx KK :)

(seriously, on Soldier of Fortune multiplayer and CS, my style of play depended on the name/char skin/rp i was doing...SWAT, Soldier of Fortune character, SWAT team sniper character skin, would only headshoot, and never take the cheap kill. another guy was an expert at throwing knives, etc...If ya wanna own people at Soldier of Fortune/Quake/other old-school shooters, play em like their Counterstrike, aiming really surprises people
(When I got hooked on Neocrack, it fucked up my accuracy in shooters for a bit..lol)

This is KK's first REAL game, give them a chance, I'm sure any employee not picking up the slack will be choosing their GR to another job when Doy comes out.

at least code some kinda OP-war bug/lag protection