PDA

View Full Version : AOE improvement

Clownst0pper
10-07-04, 16:54
Why do H-C AOE weapons, dispite having a reticle, have the worst aim ever?

You aim at a wall, having crouched, and it still flys in a random direction.

Could it not be possible to have it so your "closing" reticle disapears when you crouch, and when you aim from then on, (much like an APU or PPU's direct target reticle) is exactly where your rocket, fusion ball, plasma ball flys and hits?

Of course, youd have to have a reticle when your running around with your cannon out, to save you being 100% accuracte, but surely when crouching youd expect to have brilliant aim? especially when you cap the AOE cannon?

It would just be a nice boost, if not abit more realistic, and might increase the use of AOE weapons in OP wars.

Mr_Snow
10-07-04, 16:59
The only one which I find has really bad aim when crouched is teh moonstriker which is actually worse then it ever was, but its possible to snipe non-moving targets with a malidiction or any other fusion cannon as long as you have 200% aim or so.

Drexel
10-07-04, 17:56
Agreed, kinda defeats the purpose of AoE, may as well type /set kill_self, rather than use AoE cannon un-aimed.

Yes, please make targeting hit inside rectile, coz ive shot moonies that have killed the guy behind me before 8|

Crono
10-07-04, 18:18
My AOE weapons if i crouch and shoot at some place on the horizon, it will go the exact same rout every time without fail. But thats because im 100% H-C tank, not a melee Hybrid, Melee Hybrids or Hacking tanks usually have much much worse aiming with those weapons.

But a problem is that their crosshair is a bit off, i always have to aim about a centimeter or 2 below the crosshair, cause thats where theyt all go.

Once you get yoiur aiming high enough its awsome, my Aiming with my mal is over 200 and i can snipe with it (givin the mob doesnt move before the semi slow ball gets there :P)

-Crono

[EDIT]

but yea, what they said about the rocket launchers, you can have aiming almost maxed on them and they still can hit the floor or wall your by and own yourself with them.

seraphian
10-07-04, 18:40
I snipe with my MALEDICTION all the time, it works really well if you cap the aiming on it.

The MOONSTRIKER aims for shit though, that's why I never use rocket launchers, from the defender all the way to the Judgement Day and the MOONSTRIKER they all can't hit the broad side of a barn from the inside.

DOOM BEAMER is slightly better, but it still isn't as good as a MALEDICTION

Soothsayer
10-07-04, 19:11
I have noticed that when I use rocket launchers, as long as I keep the reticle on the mob, the rockets that appear to fall short still register as hits on the mobs life. The only time I totally miss is when the rocket hits an obstruction or flies over the target.

StryfeX
10-07-04, 19:39
I completely agree Clown. And while you're at it, please Please PLEASE fix the fucked up flight of rockets.

--Stryfe

Crono
10-07-04, 19:44
I completely agree Clown. And while you're at it, please Please PLEASE fix the fucked up flight of rockets.

--Stryfe

Besids rockets, there is nothing wrong with the AOE weapons :P You only have bad aim when your a H-C M-C hybrid, or a Hacking tank :P But hey, if tghey gonna make it easier im all for that :D

-Crono

QuantumDelta
10-07-04, 20:05
I rarely agree with Ikari here, but yea, AoE Aiming should be improved;

AoE third person aiming = the only real third person aiming there is.

All the other guns break the way aiming is -- more or less, when in third person.

Crono
10-07-04, 20:19
Yea, 3rd person with an AOE, it will appear to go all over the place :/

normal weapons lock and shoot twards where they locked, but AOE's just sahoot wherever their aimed at, and in #rd person, since it doesnt have a lock on to target to compinsate for the aiming messups, the AOE will go very far off where the crosshair is :/

if its at a 0' angle it will be fine, but any change in up or down angle will get progressivly worse accuracy wise in 3rd person :/

-Crono

ezza
10-07-04, 21:13
yup im with the clown on this one.

nothing like aiming your AOE at a op fight only to see it veer off into the fucking NPCs lol

AOE distance should be better, as it is there no better distance wise than a pistol.

imo though things should fire for miles and have good accuracy

rather than aim at a mob the size of a 10 story building yet see it fly past him.

first time in months i used AOE today, and that was cos i was soloing the chaos caves, never have need for it really

Crono
10-07-04, 21:25
Why do people have such mixed results from AOE (Messed up rockets besids) ? :/

If your in first pirson and have over 200 aiming, then your mal And doomie should go perfectly straight every shot along the same path (though a little below the crosshair, but thats a messup on their part)

-Crono

StryfeX
10-07-04, 21:36
Why do people have such mixed results from AOE (Messed up rockets besids) ? :/

If your in first pirson and have over 200 aiming, then your mal And doomie should go perfectly straight every shot along the same path (though a little below the crosshair, but thats a messup on their part)

-CronoErr... no. I have an almost completely artifact Malediction and Doom Beamer and a *pure* HC tank, and they *still* don't follow a consistent path.

--Stryfe

Crono
10-07-04, 21:43
my Mal is Snipe worthy for as far as my view distance is :D

it may take a shot or 2 to line it up right (because like i said before, in first person it always shoots a tiny bit below the crosshair, so for long dinstance i need to take a aiming shot or 2, but once i get it set, it will follow that path every time)

-Crono

seraphian
10-07-04, 22:50
honestly, if you aim right and get used to the 'drop' in the fusion ball you can hit the first time every time against stationary targets of reasonable size (like a percy sitting on a hilltop :) )

The problems with hitting moving targets come from the fact that no-one ever seems to know anyone's real location except the server, and it isn't telling :p sometimes I hit the ground under someone's feet, they take no damage and a moment later they're about 5 feet from where they were, it's not a lag issue because of my connection either, I have broadband 1.5 mbps.

I use AoE for PvM exclusively, too buggy with the current netcode otherwise.

Clownst0pper
11-07-04, 14:58
I rarely agree with Ikari here, but yea, AoE Aiming should be improved;

AoE third person aiming = the only real third person aiming there is.

All the other guns break the way aiming is -- more or less, when in third person.

QD, who are you in game on saturn?

And theres always a first time for everything :eek: :)

Sigma
11-07-04, 15:24
Moonstriker Aiming got improved.

I for one would mind another improvement. :D