PDA

View Full Version : Switch Tech Levels for Malediction and Doom Beamer

Benjie
10-07-04, 14:22
Simple fact. Malediction > > Doom Beamer.

I propose that the Malediction becomes TL115, and the Doom Beamer becomes TL107. A complete switch around.

Makes sence to me!

LTA
10-07-04, 14:24
I say fix the doom beamer to a tl 115 weapon, i think it's sexier than mal, just sucks tho O_o and mal has less of an area effect...

Benjie
10-07-04, 14:26
I say fix the doom beamer to a tl 115 weapon, i think it's sexier than mal, just sucks tho O_o and mal has less of an area effect...
Neocron = JengaCron

Don't you think boosting a TL115 weapon on a Tank will become a bit overpowering? The weapon levels are fine, they are just muddled around.

..i..DemonX
10-07-04, 15:43
? The Male does a nice dmg when score a direct hit but beside kinda less area dmg. The Doom makes far more area and less dmg in a direct hit so i realy not see the problem in it!

Clownst0pper
10-07-04, 15:45
Just double the doom beamers dmg out put, its a cooler weapon ne way

..i..DemonX
10-07-04, 15:49
Naw double will overrate it like hell! Imagine do like 1200 dmg a hit on a db chaser?

Glok
10-07-04, 15:53
Naw double will overrate it like hell! Imagine do like 1200 dmg a hit on a db chaser?I haven't used a DB but I really really doubt it does 600 a hit to a chaser atm. :rolleyes:

LTA
10-07-04, 15:58
I haven't used a DB but I really really doubt it does 600 a hit to a chaser atm. :rolleyes:
think its around 300

I have 660 energy and 440 xray dmg... on my DB.... and would still take male over it everytime :(

Mr_Snow
10-07-04, 17:06
Make the doombeamer do damage equivelent to its tl not the same damage as its non rare counter part and Ill use it any day over a mali since it sounds a hell of a lot cooler.

Scikar
10-07-04, 18:36
Make it direct fire...

seraphian
10-07-04, 18:45
The lower AoE on the MALEDICTION is a GOOD THING. The range of damage you hit with a DB is too high, you tend to hit the wrong thing or agg more mobs than you wanted to, IE firing into the pits at El Farid you hit the guys around the ledge and you can hit yourself bad if you don't aim carefully.

n3m
10-07-04, 18:52
The lower AoE on the MALEDICTION is a GOOD THING. The range of damage you hit with a DB is too high, you tend to hit the wrong thing or agg more mobs than you wanted to, IE firing into the pits at El Farid you hit the guys around the ledge and you can hit yourself bad if you don't aim carefully.I think you got the Doombeamer and Moonstriker mixed up O_o

either make DB direct fire like Scikar said, or boost it. No it's not overpowering Benjie, it's getting it to do decent damage

notneo
11-07-04, 08:28
try capping the doomie mate maybe then you will use it properly

ezza
11-07-04, 12:08
Make it direct fire...
aman brother sing that tune!!

suggested this twice so far but all these tanks are sticklers for tradition

doomy is sexy, but it be even sexier as a direct damage raygun

and do go there with overpowering cos we have a think called balance whichyou do to weapons to make them none overpowering

try capping the doomie mate maybe then you will use it properly you capped aiming on it recently?

Scikar
11-07-04, 14:37
Btw, just to clear it up, from my experience there is no difference whatsoever in the AoE range between Malediction, Moon Striker, and Doom Beamer. Doomie may appear to damage over a wider area, but if you look at which mobs actually take damage, and then repeat with Mal, you'll notice they are in fact the same. In other words, the Mal is superior to the DB in every respect.

SjanTeN^
11-07-04, 14:39
Same think in melee. Paw of Tiger owns Devils Grace.

Benjie
11-07-04, 18:11
try capping the doomie mate maybe then you will use it properly
Are you kidding? DB is a Herc-Tank only Weapon, and I'ma too lazy to deal with that whole MC5 malarkie!

100 Strength
HardOn 3=105
Marine CPU=110
MoveOn=108
PPR=nuttink!
Movment 3=nuttink!
Like Hell I'm sacrificing my Movement 3 for a Zerk 3 So I can use a pathetic Doom Beamer. :rolleyes: My old Tank used one. They are about as usefull as an APU Tank with all his Strength in Transport and Resist Force. :p Well okay the APU tank would be slightly better at PvP, and the Doom beamer Tank would be loads better at PVM, but the DB tank would still be inferior to a Mal Tank.

For the reccord, I have tested it. I have played Tanks almost exclusively for over a year and a half. In all that time, the Doom Beamer has never been a balanced weapon for it's Tech Level.

Mr_Snow
11-07-04, 18:34
You forgot PA bonus' there benje even wearing PA2 a str 98 tank can use a doombeamer, a str 96 tank if you drug/relog on for pa3.

Benjie
11-07-04, 18:35
You forgot PA bonus' there benje even wearing PA2 a str 98 tank can use a doombeamer, a str 96 tank if you drug/relog on for pa3.
Yeah true, but my Tank doesn't use PA very often.

Epsilon 5
11-07-04, 18:44
Are you kidding? DB is a Herc-Tank only Weapon, and I'ma too lazy to deal with that whole MC5 malarkie!

100 Strength
HardOn 3=105
Marine CPU=110
MoveOn=108
PPR=nuttink!
Movment 3=nuttink!

herc-tank ONLY then you go saying you don't want a zerk 3? how pathetic.

My tank is moveon, ppr, marine, zerk 3, harden 3, and i have 118 without pa.

Benjie
11-07-04, 18:47
herc-tank ONLY then you go saying you don't want a zerk 3? how pathetic.
OMG HOW PATHETIC!

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Mr_Snow
11-07-04, 18:49
OMG HOW PATHETIC!

Try react with a bit of maturity, your presuming that all tanks use your setup and therefore only tanks with hercs can use them but most tanks either use PA or have a zerk in to make up for the str defficiencies lacking from not using PAs.

Benjie
11-07-04, 18:51
Try react with a bit of maturity, your presuming that all tanks use your setup and therefore only tanks with hercs can use them but most tanks either use PA or have a zerk in to make up for the str defficiencies lacking from not using PAs.
I'm not presuming all tanks use my setup. Actually, I made a mistake.

Woopsie Daisy!

Scikar
11-07-04, 18:51
The only reason to have a zerk in is to use PA without drugs when you don't have a herc. Using the DB without PA isn't a reason to use a zerk chip.

Mr_Snow
11-07-04, 18:53
Some people do presuming they will get more xp from using Db rather then a mali because of the higher tl but thats a levelling setup, but then again tank aoe is for levelling or MC5.