PDA

View Full Version : [MERGED] Saturn Down for Database Maintenance Discussion Thread

whifix
10-07-04, 08:20
What the title says.

40$Poser
10-07-04, 08:21
What the title says.

I just was leveling and zoned... eternal sync... err um :/

StryfeX
10-07-04, 08:21
As the title asks... Did Saturn just puke on itself?

I can't get past the server screen.

--Stryfe

DonnyJepp
10-07-04, 08:22
Saturn needs a diaper change.

StryfeX
10-07-04, 08:22
Bloody hell. Here we go again. :mad:

--Stryfe

WebShock
10-07-04, 08:23
dammit, i was just about to deal u that sf too poser... also working on a uber ravager deal...

then the server crashes again. i smell yet another rollback.

damn.. well i guess im glad i didnt do the rav deal. i wouldve been all happy and lost it to the impending rollback

i cant get back in

whifix
10-07-04, 08:23
Good think i didn't throw the items i just finished researching on the floor to transfer to my alt... that would of been very bad.

40$Poser
10-07-04, 08:25
dammit, i was just about to deal u that sf too poser... also working on a uber ravager deal...

damn.. well i guess im glad i didnt do the rav deal. i wouldve been all happy and lost it to the impending rollback

i cant get back in

bah, Adios 4 slot beam of hell I bought today :/

that'd be the 2nd 4 slot item I'd be losing this week

O-NOSE

StryfeX
10-07-04, 08:26
Good think i didn't throw the items i just finished researching on the floor to transfer to my alt... that would of been very bad.:lol: To say the least. *Sigh* There goes the two levels in INT and DEX and the 5 or so levels in PSI, STR, and CON I got on my droner today. :(

--Stryfe

whifix
10-07-04, 08:27
I was making so much progress on my noob rifle spy :(.

WebShock
10-07-04, 08:30
:confused: i would say so 8|

whifix
10-07-04, 08:31
Yup, and the maids and moms are sleeping so no one is going to clean it up :(

Menolak
10-07-04, 08:34
goddamnit, not again....

I just got my Psi Core today... :(

plague
10-07-04, 08:35
lol this is getting redundunt realy.... :rolleyes:

WebShock
10-07-04, 08:36
i can log on to all the other servers just fine :C

fuck this im going back to bed.

RayOfLastHope
10-07-04, 08:38
omfg, this is so gay, i agree with u whifix i got like 80 dex on my pistol spy if its gone omfg all hell will prolly break loose (ooc: just in real life) :mad:

40$Poser
10-07-04, 08:38

bah I log onto jupiter and find out I've been kicked out of the clan I was in...

what a week in neo :/

RayOfLastHope
10-07-04, 08:39
$40 same thing happend to me last roll back, i got kicked auto off of clan on jupi :mad:

a b s t r x
10-07-04, 08:39
just as i was transferring a moveon cpu from one character to another by dropping it in a safe location and relogging on my other char to pick it up, this happens.

i assume i've now lost the cpu, and if the GM's don't replace it (i can see them smugly telling me 'oh it's your fault, you took the risk when you dropped it'), i'm cancelling my account and moving to lineage 2.

all this constant crashing, FRE's, sync errors, random teleporting, server errors, among other things is really starting to outweigh any positives neocron might have.

whifix
10-07-04, 08:41
Lineage 2 is borning and full of bots... what else is out there?

WebShock
10-07-04, 08:41
just as i was transferring a moveon cpu from one character to another by dropping it in a safe location and relogging on my other char to pick it up, this happens.

i assume i've now lost the cpu, and if the GM's don't replace it (i can see them smugly telling me 'oh it's your fault, you took the risk when you dropped it'), i'm cancelling my account and moving to lineage 2.

all this constant crashing, FRE's, sync errors, random teleporting, server errors, among other things is really starting to outweigh any positives neocron might have.amen brother

Seidaku
10-07-04, 08:42
Is this just Saturn or all servers?

RayOfLastHope
10-07-04, 08:43
i think saturn only

40$Poser
$40 same thing happend to me last roll back, i got kicked auto off of clan on jupi :mad:

ah, guess I better e-mail my old clan leader eh...

and it's just saturn it appears.

R.I.P. Gerbil #1248

July 6th 2004 - July 10th 2004

(sorry had to do it :x)

WebShock
i can log onto all servers except saturn

StryfeX
10-07-04, 08:44
Mods, please merge this thread with the other one.

--Stryfe

plague
10-07-04, 08:45
fuck i was just finishing my loming 3-4 hours or so lol, now am gonna hang meself if there is a rolback......

WebShock
10-07-04, 08:46
why cant this happen to pluto? where no one plays.

bah it wouldnt get noticed if it did crash :/

prolly why pluto is so stable, people rarely use that server :lol:

im just teasing plutonians lol... sucks for the only popular multi char server.

a b s t r x
10-07-04, 08:49
does anyone know what we're actually supposed to do in this situation to notify them that their server is fucked and we're all getting really sick of it?

is there a link or an email or anything?

Birdman[H.E.]
10-07-04, 08:51
What is the most populated server non German, Saturn.. Well since they cant let down the german community, and they dont give a f... about us, they are giving less bandwith to saturn each day, i have more ping each day, and tested over several diff inet providers..

So let this game die for god sake, or make this work for once of all...

This days im playing with more than 450 ping, and cant do better, no matter how much i pay to Inet providers..

DonnyJepp
10-07-04, 08:56
Saturn's down to 30 peeps, if you're still there just DON'T ZONE :p

StryfeX
10-07-04, 08:56
ah, guess I better e-mail my old clan leader eh...

and it's just saturn it appears.

R.I.P. Gerbil #1248

July 6th 2004 - July 10th 2004

(sorry had to do it :x):lol: Poor gerbils. Maybe we should call the German equivilent of the ASPCA (http://www.aspca.org/)? :p

--Stryfe

Menolak
10-07-04, 08:57
Saturn's down to 30 peeps, if you're still there just DON'T ZONE :p
cant get back in, gonna try other account...hmmm

Niiii
10-07-04, 08:58
:confused: oh no no more coke no more smok no more NC ?? nah let s roll let s grab snack and a fukin big drink and relog hmmm relog hmmm nah ?? arrghh ok ... no panic ... u don t scare me with ur rollbak 8| nooo i wouldn t tell it 8| 8| 8| 8| 8| 8|
SO we want a shruberry Or we ll say .....hmmmm ...... NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIiiii :D :D :D

plz reboot russian server :eek:

Notorious Fish
10-07-04, 08:59

i cant get back in

hehe that you Pete? This is dawg. I was getting pissed I was like $%^$ you pete keep you crap hah

OTIS
10-07-04, 08:59
if its a server roll back i'm going to be pissed...i played from fuckin 10 am -2 am and got alot of shit done...i sacrificed alot to play all day so u fuckin better not roll back!!!! :mad:

the server admin said 'database repairs' whatever that means :confused:

40$Poser
10-07-04, 09:00
:lol: Poor gerbils. Maybe we should call the German equivilent of the ASPCA (http://www.aspca.org/)? :p

--Stryfe

lol... PETA maybe? People for the ethical treatment of animals

hmmm

maybe...

bah I just remembered I r lazy

40$Poser
10-07-04, 09:01
sirs, from snowcrash

'The Server Saturn has to be shut down for for at least one hour to analyze the current database problems that are causing the current login problems on Saturn. We are sorry for any inconviences caused due this shutdown.'

thus why Saturn is kaput atm?

WebShock
10-07-04, 09:01
yea thats me fish... look me up when we get back in

Notorious Fish
10-07-04, 09:02
Will do bro i yelled at you for 10 mins then synced out those com... i wont finish that sentence

How do i get a sig like you 40?

trigger hurt
10-07-04, 09:03
does anyone know what we're actually supposed to do in this situation to notify them that their server is fucked and we're all getting really sick of it?

is there a link or an email or anything?

You could email helpdesk, but generally, you will get the same reaction most folks get. I'll break it down for you...

Back when I played on saturn, I had a char that I had just finished capping and collecting all the parts I needed to build his fighting weapons...he had some crappy 1 and 2 slot guns for leveling, but I wanted nice stuff for pvp/op wars.

So, I collected parts to build 3 rare rifles (healing light, fl, disruptor). Well, I get em built. The HL is 3 slot, the FL is 5 slot and the disruptor is 2. I've got the parts to build the 3 ultimas for them, so I go grab em. Then I crash. Not able to log back on. Then, sometime during the evening, there is server maintenance. Now, when I crashed...I had all of the guns on me. When I logged back on next, I didnt have the guns or the parts or the ultimas. The parts weren't in my cabinets and the guns weren't in my cabinets.

An email to helpdesk turned out to be useless as they stated they would not give me my items back...ok...so maybe you didnt have a backup of it and you can't rebuild my character. But...don't give me some shit that it's not your fault that I lost my guns and then try to compensate me with 100k and say "to bad so sad".

That's pretty much what will happen. Now, they might be nice enough to reset the epic for you so you can run it again...but they aren't going to give you a moveon out of the blue.

WebShock
if its a server roll back i'm going to be pissed...i played from fuckin 10 am -2 am and got alot of shit done...i sacrificed alot to play all day so u fuckin better not roll back!!!! :mad:

the server admin said 'database repairs' whatever that means :confused:

hate to break it to you otis but database repairs = rollback

sorry dude... i just hope they have a backup earlier than 24 hours this time.

juvestar15
Reactivated my account after 3 months and look what i come back to.
Also convinced a mate to join up too. Only took 18 months to do.
What am i meant to tell him when he asks why he can't play?
"Welcome to Neocron" ? :rolleyes:

40$Poser
10-07-04, 09:04
Will do bro i yelled at you for 10 mins then synced out those com... i wont finish that sentence

How do i get a sig like you 40?

you can always request one via PM.

Reactivated my account after 3 months and look what i come back to.
Also convinced a mate to join up too. Only took 18 months to do.
What am i meant to tell him when he asks why he can't play?
"Welcome to Neocron" ? :rolleyes:

yet again I'll reitterate

Saturn is down with a reason

http://neocron.jafc.de/announcement.php?f=2&announcementid=167

40$Poser
10-07-04, 09:04
err (gotta stop teh double posting)

Notorious Fish
10-07-04, 09:05
No tell him that the Janitor got mob water on the server box which was ont he floor becuase they hate americanos
It wont happen again

Chaos81
10-07-04, 09:08
Good think i didn't throw the items i just finished researching on the floor to transfer to my alt... that would of been very bad.

Let me know where you are next time you research...

StryfeX
10-07-04, 09:10
You could email helpdesk, but generally, you will get the same reaction most folks get. I'll break it down for you...

Back when I played on saturn, I had a char that I had just finished capping and collecting all the parts I needed to build his fighting weapons...he had some crappy 1 and 2 slot guns for leveling, but I wanted nice stuff for pvp/op wars.

So, I collected parts to build 3 rare rifles (healing light, fl, disruptor). Well, I get em built. The HL is 3 slot, the FL is 5 slot and the disruptor is 2. I've got the parts to build the 3 ultimas for them, so I go grab em. Then I crash. Not able to log back on. Then, sometime during the evening, there is server maintenance. Now, when I crashed...I had all of the guns on me. When I logged back on next, I didnt have the guns or the parts or the ultimas. The parts weren't in my cabinets and the guns weren't in my cabinets.

An email to helpdesk turned out to be useless as they stated they would not give me my items back...ok...so maybe you didnt have a backup of it and you can't rebuild my character. But...don't give me some shit that it's not your fault that I lost my guns and then try to compensate me with 100k and say "to bad so sad".

That's pretty much what will happen. Now, they might be nice enough to reset the epic for you so you can run it again...but they aren't going to give you a moveon out of the blue.I remember that. Sucked some major ass. If we get a rollback, chances are it's going to be like 20-someodd hours unless they changed the backup times. Which means that you should either get the epic reset to the level it was earlier, or at the least you should get the moveon back. Lucky you. I get to lose like 20 total levels gained today. :\

--Stryfe

juvestar15
10-07-04, 09:12
yet again I'll reitterate

Saturn is down with a reason

http://neocron.jafc.de/announcement.php?f=2&announcementid=167

What has that got to do with the price of fish? :wtf:
The point is the server is down. It's not a good impression on a new customer!

Notorious Fish
10-07-04, 09:16
d00d the server isnt down we are all just having a bad nightmare. well thats what my momma said a little while ago o.0

40$Poser
10-07-04, 09:17
What has that got to do with the price of fish? :wtf:
The point is the server is down. It's not a good impression on a new customer!

well sir, it's down for a maintaince issue. Something is being done about the recent problems. SnowCrash actually even gave a idea of how long it may be down for. If server maintaince is not a good enough reason, I don't know what is.

StryfeX
10-07-04, 09:18
well sir, it's down for a maintaince issue. Something is being done about the recent problems. SnowCrash actually even gave a idea of how long it may be down for. If server maintaince is not a good enough reason, I don't know what is.Snow gave the time it would take to analyze the DB problem... not how long it would take to fix it.

--Stryfe

DonnyJepp
10-07-04, 09:18
yes at least they are on the ball tonight.

Notorious Fish
10-07-04, 09:20
And he hasnt told us how bad the rollback will be either. doesnt matter to me though i have had -32 SL 4 times today

Magic Sausage
10-07-04, 09:20
IS it true that the saturn server is directly tied into the test server?

I hear the Test server is only up when saturn is... its down when saturn is down...

What gives... why are we stuck with the test server... It should go to a lower population server like pluto so we can maximize out BW...

40$Poser
10-07-04, 09:22
Snow gave the time it would take to analyze the DB problem... not how long it would take to fix it.

--Stryfe

indeed, as they are analyzing it. Seeing what the problem is. Snow didn't say anything a fix in that post. Just analyzing sir.

StryfeX
10-07-04, 09:24
indeed, as they are analyzing it. Seeing what the problem is. Snow didn't say anything a fix in that post. Just analyzing sir.I was just (politely ;)) pointing out that Saturn's not down for simple maintenance. :p

--Stryfe

juvestar15
10-07-04, 09:27
indeed, as they are analyzing it. Seeing what the problem is. Snow didn't say anything a fix in that post. Just analyzing sir.

So then, server crashes, server is analyzed, server is brought back online? huh? That doesn't make much sense. :confused: :confused:

If the server is down and they are analyzing it, then something must be wrong. When something is wrong, it usually requires a fix.

40$Poser
10-07-04, 09:28
I was just (politely ;)) pointing out that Saturn's not down for simple maintenance. :p

--Stryfe

indeed sir

onoes teh mcguyver!

http://www.slide-recordings.com/images/artists/mcguyver.jpg
'give me a pack of gum, some shoe laces, duck tape, and a can of beans... I'll fix the server real good'

Notorious Fish
10-07-04, 09:29
yall are arguing about the anaylsis of the server. damn go smoke a bowl shit

40$Poser
10-07-04, 09:31
So then, server crashes, server is analyzed, server is brought back online? huh? That doesn't make much sense. :confused: :confused:

If the server is down and they are analyzing it, then something must be wrong. When something is wrong, it usually requires a fix.

that would be correct. They are analyzing the server's issues (obviously) so they can determine what needs to be done to fix it. Who knows, maybe they are going to fix it right away. Well someone from KK probably will know in a little while... you'll have to wait and see.

yall are arguing about the anaylsis of the server. damn go smoke a bowl shit

nay sir, I am typing letters forming words and sentences which appear on this thing called a forum?

StryfeX
10-07-04, 09:37
indeed sir

onoes teh mcguyver!

http://www.slide-recordings.com/images/artists/mcguyver.jpg
'give me a pack of gum, some shoe laces, duck tape, and a can of beans... I'll fix the server real good'Gimme a couple pounds o' C-4 and a detonator, and I'll fix that server even better. ;)

--Stryfe

frkline
10-07-04, 09:39
Gimme a couple pounds o' C-4 and a detonator, and I'll fix that server even better. ;)

--Stryfe

ohnoz !! think of the hamster !

StryfeX
10-07-04, 09:44
ohnoz !! think of the hamster !Screw the hampster. It's already dead. :p :lol:

--Stryfe

OTIS
10-07-04, 10:27
hate to break it to you otis but database repairs = rollback

sorry dude... i just hope they have a backup earlier than 24 hours this time.

lol figures i get my 4 termi parts today and that would happen :rolleyes:

i wish they would say hey we are going to roll back later to anything u do today will not be saved and u are wasting ur time if u play :mad:

steweygrrr
10-07-04, 11:20
im just teasing plutonians lol... sucks for the only popular multi char server.

But Uranus is still up and running :P