PDA

View Full Version : To cap resists? or not to...zzzz

Harch
10-07-04, 05:48
ok . so . so.. rrrrr...oh yea . oops...right ok

well . ive heard . blah blah 89 is con resists cap. 214 is armour cap blah blah.

can SUMONE. PPPLLLZZZZ, tell me wot the REAL ..CON CAP IS..and the REAL ..ARMOUR CAP IS...ppllzzz im begging u

and also . if anyone has any pwnage HC tank Con setups they can spare me (tell me ur name ons erver and i wont kill u rofl :P) . cus im *cough* nice *cough* .;p . and im a good guy . and NO . i wont p2 rockos seafood pool lapdance for joo . just plz let me have ur setups . (i begage u)

Harch
10-07-04, 06:07
rrr..sry bout that . got abit hyper ;p . just got a free 4 slot cs/3 slot moonie/marine/moveon (gave em to my bro tho . cus he ownz. ;p)

Glok
10-07-04, 06:09
114 is con resist cap (= to 119 armor), 200 is armor resist cap. So if you have 114 con resist in a skill, you need 86 armor in the same resist to fully cap resist to that damage type.

Harch
10-07-04, 06:11
r....ok kinda get that . ty . does Gamma bones count as CON resists true?

Glok
10-07-04, 06:14
Bones are armor afaik. But I'm not really sure. KK have never said anything on the subject.

seraphian
10-07-04, 06:47
Though I haven't played her in a while Molly Millions cleaned up in PvM... because she's set up for bossmob caving (she was an 'item hunter' for the clan) it's not like her resists are super secret...

STR: 97 nat (116 with Marine, Herc, (MOVE)on and PP resistor)
M-C = 71 (all from implants)
H-C = 156 (with imps)
Force resist = 123 (with implants) = 200 (all highest bones possible, including batqueen arm and chest)

CON: 93 (101 with imps including FH-1)
Health = 123 (with imps)
energy resist = 88
poison resist = 60 (I shorted this because I use viperking armor)
X-ray resist = 86 (put a lot here because tanks can't wear good anti-x-ray armor)
Energy Resist = 85 (put a lot here so I could pwn MC-5, it sort of worked)
Fire resist = 46 (deliberately shorted because INQ-4 armor gives such massive fire resist, a lot in con I figured to be overkill, besides, few mobs I face save for the Chaos Queen do heavy fire... I can easily solo Grimmies with this setup)

I know that Molly has a lot of gear that's hard to get (The MC-5 Herc, the batqueen stuff, the other rare chips) but with that setup I can handle nearly anything the game can throw at me, I put all my int into weapon lore, so I get great stats on anything but a DOOM BEAMER, I can solo 99% of the mobs in the game, Doom Harbinger, Chaos caves, Graves, El Farid (the queen is a bit tough though) Percies, Warbots up close and personal, the only things that really lay me out are STORM bots (although with a PPU I took one!) and MC-5.

I hope that helps you out... basically the name of the game is filling out the gaps in your armor (IE X-ray on a tank) with your con skills and bolstering areas you really want to own (like putting a lot of Force resist in so I can swat aside Spiderbots like gnats and own the Harbinger.

Jailbird
10-07-04, 07:00
nobody knows what the resists caps are. even KK :eek:

their bugged too. sometimes when u have high resist you take damage more. really weird.

edit: btw, do my sig work? cause i see it as an "x" and to make it work i would copy the url and paste it at my adress bar. thats weird too.

SorkZmok
10-07-04, 08:30
I have no idea.
Though i heard that 114 enr, xray, fire and 70 por are a quite good tank setup.
Might be wrong...
:)

StryfeX
10-07-04, 08:38
I have no idea.
Might be wrong...
:)I'd imagine that you'd be eaten alive by DOT attacks. That much resist has to mean there's not much health behind it.

--Stryfe

Scikar
10-07-04, 13:25
I'd imagine that you'd be eaten alive by DOT attacks. That much resist has to mean there's not much health behind it.

--Stryfe
No need for DoT. One burst of CS to the legs = broken legs due to low HP. Empty rest of clip into face = dead runner.

StryfeX
10-07-04, 19:36
No need for DoT. One burst of CS to the legs = broken legs due to low HP. Empty rest of clip into face = dead runner.That too.

--Stryfe

Crono
10-07-04, 19:52
Bones count as skill resist im almost positive, because bones add to the number in your skills menu, while armor doesnt.

-Crono

QuantumDelta
10-07-04, 19:55
Bones count as skill resist im almost positive, because bones add to the number in your skills menu, while armor doesnt.

-Crono
Bug :p

Sigma
10-07-04, 20:52
I have no idea.
Might be wrong...
:)
I think he wants to know a setup, which doesn't require a PPU strapped to his ass :O

StryfeX
10-07-04, 21:22

-CronoBones add armor resist, not skill resist.

--Stryfe

Crono
10-07-04, 21:44
Bug :p

Aww crap :(

FlashFF
10-07-04, 22:39
Seraphian - You shouldnt need anywhere near that much resist force. I miss out on most of my resist force (down to like 40 base or something) on my tank and shove that in HC so with imps he has like 210 ish H-C

This means he aims quick and hits hard. I use him to solo the DoY tunnels, so im pretty sure its an effective setup.

Oh just in case it matters I'm 98 base str 90 base con - no herc yet