PDA

View Full Version : Constructing Tank

G.0.D.
10-07-04, 02:59
Ummm, I was really bored a few days ago... so I thought to myself, Boy I should lom my tank into a CSTER.

The results are... shocking to say the least.

http://www.g0dsoft.com/rares1.JPG

http://www.g0dsoft.com/rares2.JPG

I made a whole lot of other good rares, but im to lazy to post more shots. So uhh I guess I shall take the title of Neocrons Only Constructing Tank. :p

cRazy2003
10-07-04, 03:02
wow very sweet

Glok
10-07-04, 03:04
Hm. Cst 3 buff, drugs for a cst 1 chip and a factory?

G.0.D.
10-07-04, 03:05
amoung other sexy sneaky tank secrets :P

Jock Rockwell
10-07-04, 03:18
Balveda on Saturn used to construct for a while, a few months back.

Think he made a few slotted rares to.

G.0.D.
10-07-04, 03:19
did he make a 4 slot disrupter... NOO!!!!

:(

Jock Rockwell
10-07-04, 03:20
did he make a 4 slot disrupter... NOO!!!!

I honestly dont know.

I wasnt trying to rain on your parade. I'm very happy for you :D Infact you posted just be4 i edited my previous post to say GG to you :angel:

G.0.D.
10-07-04, 03:25
hehe alright... as long as your not trying to burst my bubble :lol:

enigma_b17
10-07-04, 03:53
this whole thing about the more cst skill u get the better the slots and/or stats on weapons in my opinion is not true. Or if it is it aint workin the way its sposed to.

I lommed all my spies weapon lore to test this and ended up with 175 base construction, with imps 220, with a cst3 boost 240, and with an op that makes 290 cst, which i believe is the absolute max u can get. now i build a series of 10 weapons, ranging from a cs, to a paw of tiger to a silent hunter
and not once did i get more then 3 slots. Capped Dexterity and intelligence, that just aint rite.

G.0.D.
10-07-04, 03:55
lol, thats almost double my cst skill and my int is 20
:p

enigma_b17
10-07-04, 03:58
i would like to add that i also built a load of non rares aswell, something in the range of 200 tangent plasma cannons, 200 nrg beams and 200 blacksuns (raygun pistol)

out of all the tpcs, i didnt get one 5 or 4. Out of the nrg beams i got 1 4 and the rest crap, and the blacksuns i got 1 5 slot, 2 4s a bunch of 3s and a rake load of 1s (whoopee), altogether this test more or less bank-krupted me, but at least it helps prove the point that cstin just doesnt work the way its sposed to be

Glok
10-07-04, 04:04
A bit OT, but what would you charge/pay for a 3 slot ebeam?

G.0.D.
10-07-04, 04:08
whats an Ebeam?

enigma_b17
10-07-04, 04:10
energy beam :P, and as far as gloks question, id prob end up givin it away lol

Scikar
10-07-04, 04:15
You're all talking about how the CST formula isn't working... and yet clearly none of the rares are artifact quality and the four slot Disruptor is only Outstanding. That said, if you're lucky enough to get slots like that the quality is irrelevant. :)

G.0.D.
10-07-04, 04:18
its only got shity stats compaired to the others because it is tl 115
... obviusly the low cst catches up to me on high tl rares.

And I cant remember the last time a spy EVER made an artifact rare for me... Also note the devs stats are better then the last 2 devs I had made for me by spys.

enigma_b17
10-07-04, 04:19
"You're all talking about how the CST formula isn't working... and yet clearly none of the rares are artifact quality and the four slot Disruptor is only Outstanding. That said, if you're lucky enough to get slots like that the quality is irrelevant"

that maybe so, but from experiments it seems that stats are completely random aswell. My cstr would be lucky to get stats like gods lol, which is ridiculous. i should be churning out more then crap. and definately the odd 5 slot at capped stage :/

G.0.D.
10-07-04, 04:20
I wanna make a 5 slotter b4 I lom back, that would be awomse lol :)

..i..DemonX
10-07-04, 04:28
I wanna make a 5 slotter b4 I lom back, that would be awomse lol :)

Gogogogogogo GOD! :) Very nice to see!

Juht
10-07-04, 04:51
Is this what people do when Juht goes away for a while? (BTW I'm not back for tradeskilling)

It seems for the most part, the CST community has a good grasp on how it works these days. Honestly, it goes to show that all 4 classes can make a perfectly fine CST with the right setup.

Glad to see you still mixing it up G.0.D. ... :D

amfest
10-07-04, 05:10
heh tanks need some sort of tradeskill in str . . . . Maybe road paving for those damn flaky neocron roads ;)

Nice work at trying something different.

Jailbird
10-07-04, 07:03
another thing to prove Dev's are tottaly clueless in their own tradeskill system :rolleyes:

Tupac
10-07-04, 08:03
g.o.d. ur a freak of nature

G.0.D.
10-07-04, 08:04
your mate wouldent let me cst for him tupac, he thought I was joking :(

Menolak
10-07-04, 09:12
Wow, I thought my template for a first op barrier hacking melee tank who caps DG was radical...
(it's possible, a bro did it, but a long time ago, like a year ago, dunno if it can still be done)

That's sweet

eric-the-ded
10-07-04, 11:02
wow. nice stats on those.
wonder how good you'd do with a batch of particle nemesis drones.

n3m
10-07-04, 11:21
whoa
Why needs spies?O.o

Freaky Fryd
10-07-04, 11:24
And I cant remember the last time a spy EVER made an artifact rare for me...

The only artifact rares that I've seen the last while are:
3 slot Paw Of Tiger - 120 all (built before the TL/req increases)
2 slot Wyatt Earp - 119/119/120/120 (built by a do-it-all tradeskiller)
0 slot Pain Easer - 118/120/119/120

...but, it is true that if there's high slots, you don't usually need as high stats...

EDIT: @ n3m - someone's gotta stealth! DUH! :p

Xylaz
10-07-04, 11:28
The only artifact rares that I've seen the last while are:
3 slot Paw Of Tiger - 120 all (built before the TL/req increases)
2 slot Wyatt Earp - 119/119/120/120 (built by a do-it-all tradeskiller)
0 slot Pain Easer - 118/120/119/120

...but, it is true that if there's high slots, you don't usually need as high stats...

hmm, didnt realised this is such a rarity... i got 120/118/120/119 0 slot libby (bought it from trillian for 100k :p) so if someone is interested in this masterpiece of construction and got a few mil to spare - mail me :lol:

n3m
10-07-04, 11:37
EDIT: @ n3m - someone's gotta stealth! DUH! :pD'oh
*slaps himself on the forehead*

[TgR]HusK
10-07-04, 12:04
this whole thing about the more cst skill u get the better the slots and/or stats on weapons in my opinion is not true. Or if it is it aint workin the way its sposed to.

I lommed all my spies weapon lore to test this and ended up with 175 base construction, with imps 220, with a cst3 boost 240, and with an op that makes 290 cst, which i believe is the absolute max u can get. now i build a series of 10 weapons, ranging from a cs, to a paw of tiger to a silent hunter
and not once did i get more then 3 slots. Capped Dexterity and intelligence, that just aint rite.
I've done the same and the only thing I managed to find out was that a lower level constructor had more chance of slots and simular item quality, also it feels as if the slot chances decrease the higher the quality gets.

Candaman
10-07-04, 12:26
LMFAO at the stats u are getting thats just funny G.0.D. u can be my wing.... constructor any day

Splaticus
10-07-04, 14:25
So, what would one need to cap the stats or get within the 110-120% range on stats with good chances for slots.

Would a spy with 119 Int, 119 Dex, and 150 cst after implants (155 cst with construct 1, or 180 cst with cst 1 and at a friendly factory) be enough? How low can my cst go before it starts hurting the stats?

..i..DemonX
10-07-04, 15:40
Tbh nobody know that! Look at GOD he got 20 int base! With like 75 const base! Even with a factory, buff and a imp he will rarely hit 150 Contruct in all.
With rare drugs he may get up to 40 int! Dex 70 base with may drug up to 80.
So u see on rares nobody knows realy how it work!

rob444
10-07-04, 15:49
Balveda on Saturn used to construct for a while, a few months back.

Think he made a few slotted rares to.

I remember him doing a paw of tiger, 2 slots with the crappiest stats ever. :lol:

Clownst0pper
10-07-04, 16:12
My old PE IKARI was a constructor, he made mad shit.

He didnt make a no slot rare once, and everything he did make was 2+ slots.

Dru Blood
10-07-04, 16:34
maybe str does have an effect on cst god has built some really nice stuff there.

Tycho C
10-07-04, 16:59
Im loving my 3 slot PE

Im not going to let Spy's build for me anymore

Drexel
10-07-04, 18:06
can someone make me a ...

NERF THE CONSTRUCTER TANKS !!!

signature please (or thong, either would be cool)

Hmmm, STR effects construct ? or is it the ratio of CST over INT?

either way, those disruptor stats are better than my clans proffesional constructor O_o

J. Folsom
10-07-04, 19:58
can someone make me a ...

NERF THE CONSTRUCTER TANKS !!!

signature please (or thong, either would be cool)

either way, those disruptor stats are better than my clans proffesional constructor O_o
Well, he can get up to 161 construction, assuming he uses the proper drugs and implants, and is a t a factory owned by his clan. :p

G.0.D.
10-07-04, 22:06
particle nemesis drones.
Tried that, failed 5 times in a row and then quit... shot the spy that was making me do them for waisting my valuable csting time. :rolleyes:

Carinth
10-07-04, 22:53

In order of importance for constructing: Const Skill / Int / Dex / Str

Or at least that's how it's supposed to be, Str really shouldn't be that big an influence. G0D's Int should be killing his ability to build, his Dex is fairly low aswell. That he has better luck with slots then many spy constructers is totaly bizzare. Maybe we don't understand construction as well as we thought we did.

G.0.D.
10-07-04, 23:19
I'm sick and tierd of every one insulting my int! I graduated from high school, so I dont need this shit. I'm as smart as the next guy. :rolleyes:

EDIT: I think I know why my slots are so good... right befor I build anything I make sure all of pluto is dancing to the slot gods (being only 5 or 6 other people on its not hard to do at all.)

jernau
10-07-04, 23:24
In order of importance for constructing: Const Skill / Int / Dex / Str

Or at least that's how it's supposed to be, Str really shouldn't be that big an influence. G0D's Int should be killing his ability to build, his Dex is fairly low aswell. That he has better luck with slots then many spy constructers is totaly bizzare. Maybe we don't understand construction as well as we thought we did.
According to KK it's CST - DEX - INT unless they changed it and I missed it.

eric-the-ded
10-07-04, 23:27
Tried that, failed 5 times in a row and then quit... shot the spy that was making me do them for waisting my valuable csting time. :rolleyes:

well at least ya didn't break any BPs.

winnoc
11-07-04, 00:16
My constructor builds around 50% 3 slotters and i just built a 5 slot CS, having 143 cst, 67 int and 66 dex.

All in my living room of app, no buffs, no drugs, i'm not leveling him up more in cst.

Comming to think of it, str must influence it a lot more , so i guess i've got somethign to put uner int on my melee tank now :-) Going cst around 130 with 62 drugged up strength. hmmmm, we'll see how that turns out.

G.0.D.
11-07-04, 06:00
Let the parade of god wannabes begin!!!

(No really, go ahead I wanna say I started a trend :p )

Agent L
11-07-04, 13:43
My spy has 75 cst base. With implants cst110 INT130 and DEX120 caps all TLs quality. Punishers too, in factory or with cst3 chip.
go g0d ! show teh True Path to unbelievers !

jernau
11-07-04, 15:11
My spy has 75 cst base. With implants cst110 INT130 and DEX120 caps all TLs quality. Punishers too, in factory or with cst3 chip.
go g0d ! show teh True Path to unbelievers !
That part is easy and well understood. It's rares and slots where the mystery and/or random element kicks in.

G.0.D.
11-07-04, 21:44
Only problem with being a cster tank is...when you meet some one to build there rare the usual responce is "OMG IM NOT GIVING A FUCKING TANK MY RARE PARTS!!! SCAMMER SCAMMER RAWRSK4T3S"

J. Folsom
11-07-04, 23:39
Only problem with being a cster tank is...when you meet some one to build there rare the usual responce is "OMG IM NOT GIVING A FUCKING TANK MY RARE PARTS!!! SCAMMER SCAMMER RAWRSK4T3S"

That is, I'm afraid, a problem with any tradeskills done by tanks. I've seen poking tanks not get tips because people were always like "Who poked me?" "I did." "Hah, yeah right, a poking tank, you expect me to believe that?". While it's actually pretty doable these days.

jiga
12-07-04, 00:25
Some1 try a CSTing monk to see if psi effects slots :p

G.0.D.
12-07-04, 01:29
I think csting monks actually works from what I recall... not very well but they arnt horrible.

darkservent
12-07-04, 01:33
u now wot GOD fuck it u can make me my rare when pluto is back up, cause i want ur name on my rares.

G.0.D.
12-07-04, 07:30
alright dark :)

uhh just a note... I play on the pluto server with this charicter. so for all those people on saturn trying to get me 2 cst for them... im a 2/4 hybrid monk pking people at noob mc5 :lol:

Agent L
12-07-04, 10:19
Tony Soprano was excelent ctor monk. However he had to reroll because noone wanted him.

Original monk
12-07-04, 17:45
constructing tank, pfffft always the same with em cookiecuttersetups :D

G.0.D.
12-07-04, 22:13
Im known for my cookie cutter setups, I have been a...

-Pistol tank (lib)
-Rifle tank (PE)
-kami hightech rifle tank (Copbot rifle) <-- uber set up...but if any one sees you your banned :(
-Melee/HC hybrid tank (using all rares from both sides)
-Stereotypical HC tank....

whifix
12-07-04, 22:44
This ubsets me because I have access to a very high level tradeskill constructor and over the weekend I've constructed thousands of non rare guns and at most i got about 6 four slotters out of everything and no 5 slotters. On top of that I don't believe I've seen a stat above 109 on rares that he constructed and most of the time i get shitty slots. If stats and slots are based on chance then tell your friend chance to come my way sometime G.O.D.

//Edit//
Hey maybe thats why Pluto was down like all day yesterday. You sucked so much luck out of it it died :P

ClUR
12-07-04, 23:06
w00p :angel:

G.0.D.
13-07-04, 00:03
whifix, I dont believe in luck ... or even the computer random fucntion.

lies the whole lot, I made those uber rares because they knew if they didnt come out multi sloted there would be one pissed off gimped tank running around in pp1 getting the shit shot out of him... ;)

cRazy2003
13-07-04, 00:07
lol, thats almost double my cst skill and my int is 20
:p

hahahaha

whifix
13-07-04, 00:16
whifix, I dont believe in luck ... or even the computer random fucntion.

lies the whole lot, I made those uber rares because they knew if they didnt come out multi sloted there would be one pissed off gimped tank running around in pp1 getting the shit shot out of him... ;)

LMFAO.

I was a pissed off constructor. Took me handfulls of hours of researching, buying parts, constructing, modding and selling the left overs to get no 5 slotters. Looking back over my recent construction expieriance though I did discover that lowtech rifles are ALOT easier to slot then hi-tech ones.

G.0.D.
13-07-04, 00:31
well if thats true then why is the tl115 rifle the only 4 slotter :wtf:

ichinin
13-07-04, 01:22
Actually, i used to cap tanks useing 10 constr/10 res and building drones, but now when this is unprofitable for a 0/2 i go hunting instead.

Biznatchy
13-07-04, 03:10
wow confused baffled and pissed all at the same time. Part of me wants to believe this is a spoof to see if you can really get people to lom tanks to cst.

G.0.D.
13-07-04, 03:34
Actually I thought about not telling anyone so every one would just acuse me of exploiting :rolleyes:

Biznatchy
13-07-04, 06:14
Actually I thought about not telling anyone so every one would just acuse me of exploiting :rolleyes:

This just violates everything we have ever been told on construction. Even the last line of crap that was fed to us by a gm. I mean with these results on rares that really is as good as my 115 dex 106 int 215cst spy why the hell do i even bother. I should just lom him down to around 100 cst base 100 weplore and do my imps for pistol and use a factory. Hell i could even poke or hack at the same time.

Its times like this with the servers lagging like hell and the op war situation the way it is that makes me wonder why we even bother. We cant even get good information on what the hell affects construction. Sorry to take that attitude on this but fuck man it is just getting to suck.

Juht
13-07-04, 06:27
I've had people do the slot dance before I hit the "Start" button on the processor since beta... It's the ONLY sure thing when it comes to CST.

Sure most people know what stats affect your builds, but there is this little thing called a random number that's in the equation. Some of us do the math and find that you have as much chance at winning a scratch ticket lottery as getting 5 slots...

Remember to "/l sexy slot dance geil geil geil" to the CST.

G.0.D.
13-07-04, 06:49
Any Dev wanna comment on this? :rolleyes:

pweeeeese

Weazle
13-07-04, 11:29
Tony Soprano was excelent ctor monk. However he had to reroll because noone wanted him.

The character didn't re-roll ... he just doesn't play anymore :(

darkservent
13-07-04, 11:34
And there was GOD wanting to get some trash quality rares in his collection. And there was me sitting there in his sex apt telling him he was fuckin nuts. :D :D

garyu69
13-07-04, 11:38
I've always questioned the actual need to have a really high CST just to make decent rares. I know its not quite the same but i have a Spy who is 102 Base CST and i've had great luck in building Rares. With imps and bonus at factory i get up to 187 CST and i have 90INT.

THis last week i built a 3 Slot Silent Hunter and a 3 Slot devourer.

It must be luck that determines slots.

winnoc
13-07-04, 11:46
Well, i still believe in the quality cap number, meaning that a 100int 100dex spy can cap anything at 105 cst.

However since your str also gets affected doing constructing i'm sure that has to do with it also.

So somewhere STR must have an influence.

On my low level contructor 146cst i have around 70 int and 60 dex.
I'll try to do some builds with all the str drugs i can find.

Right now he's built 13 rares of which:
2 0 slot
1 1slot
3 2 slot
5 3 slot
1 4 slot wyat earp artifact
1 5 slot CS perfect (yes, he was a happy camper when he got it last week)

Which seems to be pretty good.
I'll have to lom out around 70 hack, so i can drop the cst chips, and then go with a full str setup with all drugs.

n3m
13-07-04, 13:09
g0d works in mysterious ways..

Barak
13-07-04, 13:17
bah I remeber making him sing YMCA for aload of nightshade back in DMA

Strych9
13-07-04, 15:37
Whats the fuss about here?

1. Str plays no role, unless Codi straight out has lied to us continually, backed up by that wicked Thanatos. I guess thats possible, but people that have seen the def files know what they have seen.

2. 99% of what we know about construction deals with NON-RARES people. I would like to have G.O.D. do a batch of 100 Holy Rezz, and let us know how that comes out. Only then will this really be something special. What we DO know about rares is that they have a MUCH better chance to slot than non-rares. And, for the record, thats prolly the worst stats we have ever seen on rares that have been posted. No offense to the builder of course, but as a player using those weaps, save the Dev and Pain Easer, I wouldnt be too pleased about any of them. Pain Easer and Dev are pretty nice, but the rest are below average- and I didnt know it was possible to even build ANY rare as bad as that Disruptor. ;)

3. Remember Cst matters MUCH more than Dex, which matters more than Int. Int is the least important stat, and plays the smallest role.

I dont think the results are shocking... at least not until we see how he does with building non-rares.

Biznatchy
13-07-04, 15:44
So really after thinking on this and it hurts. My pe, now that stealth is gone, Should be my rare constructor and my spies lomed to pistol combat char. The only choice is what to put in as imps.

SS CPU
CST3
Hawkins/Herc(with drugs not sure if I can use either)
ZERK 3 CHIP/Marine(wtf why not)
Hardened BackBone 3

That could be my new rare constructor setup. I know most of the chips would be not used till i pump the drugs in but so what. With a factory the little biznatch would have over 180 cst and close to 100 str (not done the math on what drugs I would use yet) Dex would also be high and int way above the tank setup.

This just might be the way to go. I havnt looked into if it can fit all this in but will when I get home.

winnoc
13-07-04, 15:47
As for the things the devs have stated (different versions each time evidence was shown by runners)......

I have one thing to say..........

"THERE IS NO 6TH STAT" :-)

Biznatchy
13-07-04, 15:55
Whats the fuss about here?

1. Str plays no role, unless Codi straight out has lied to us continually, backed up by that wicked Thanatos. I guess thats possible, but people that have seen the def files know what they have seen.

2. 99% of what we know about construction deals with NON-RARES people. I would like to have G.O.D. do a batch of 100 Holy Rezz, and let us know how that comes out. Only then will this really be something special. What we DO know about rares is that they have a MUCH better chance to slot than non-rares. And, for the record, thats prolly the worst stats we have ever seen on rares that have been posted. No offense to the builder of course, but as a player using those weaps, save the Dev and Pain Easer, I wouldnt be too pleased about any of them. Pain Easer and Dev are pretty nice, but the rest are below average- and I didnt know it was possible to even build ANY rare as bad as that Disruptor. ;)

3. Remember Cst matters MUCH more than Dex, which matters more than Int. Int is the least important stat, and plays the smallest role.

I dont think the results are shocking... at least not until we see how he does with building non-rares.

Now your just showing your ass. That Disruptor has low stats but every constructor no matter how good has a bad stat build on high TL rifles, but..

IT HAS 4 FUCKING SLOTs ultimate it, damage mod, laser sight, ammo mod

The rest of the rares just go to show that TL of the rares does affect the build quality on rares and with a fucking tank you can pump out rares just as good as a fucking spy and this goddammed game is fucking broken.

winnoc
13-07-04, 16:58
well, would be nice to have a spy with capped const, a pe with const as far a s it can go, a tank with const as far as it can go and a spy with quality cap do 20 rares each, in the same factory and see what they get for slots and stats.

I've built my first 2 and 3 slotters when i was able to reach the tl for them and they came out "perfect".

Strych9
13-07-04, 20:15
Now your just showing your ass. That Disruptor has low stats but every constructor no matter how good has a bad stat build on high TL rifles, but..LOL. And I am showing MY ass??? I skipped over your earlier whine about how this goes against all that we thought we knew to save you the embarrassment.

Are you going to sit there and HONESTLY claim that every constructor builds TL115 rares with no stats higher than 108%????

You are insane.
IT HAS 4 FUCKING SLOTs ultimate it, damage mod, laser sight, ammo modWould that even make it artifact????

Your use of the word 'fuck' really adds to the discussion, btw.
The rest of the rares just go to show that TL of the rares does affect the build quality on rares and with a fucking tank you can pump out rares just as good as a fucking spy and this goddammed game is fucking broken.Now I agree that a tank shouldnt crank out rares near what a spy can do. That I agree with.

I think you need to relax a bit more. You seem stressed.
well, would be nice to have a spy with capped const, a pe with const as far a s it can go, a tank with const as far as it can go and a spy with quality cap do 20 rares each, in the same factory and see what they get for slots and stats.

I've built my first 2 and 3 slotters when i was able to reach the tl for them and they came out "perfect".I think the real test would be non-rares. Like the holy rezz I mentioned before.

Rares always build to 100+ quality if they are built, so they will always have more slots (dont forget that extra dice roll for an extra 0,1, or 2 slots in addition to what would normally be there for rares).

Test on a Holy Rezz, which at best builds to mediocre quality, and THEN see what sort of slots a tank can get. Do 100 builds, and see how many 4,3, and 2 slotters a tank can make. More trials = more accurate results.

jernau
13-07-04, 20:59
Some things that I don't think should be ignored or forgotten :

1) CST levels STR - it's possible it therefore includes an STR element in it's workings
2) KK have inadvertently mislead us on this topic at least once before
3) Rares are still not fully explained
4) According to what we've been told those builds should not be that good

Take all that and add a little imagination and there are many theories you could come up with.

Strych9
13-07-04, 21:16
Some things that I don't think should be ignored or forgotten :

1) CST levels STR - it's possible it therefore includes an STR element in it's workingsPeople have peered into the def files of the game. There, the formula for construction was observed far before it was ever tested or proven in game.

For what you suggest to be possible, the game code proper would have to insert a Str variable in the equation somewhere independent of the def files code.

That of course is possible.

I am not sure why they would even want Str to be a factor- having Int/Dex is pretty much meant to limit it to Spies, from the way I see it. I always considered the Str exp a pity gift for the spies that chose to become constructors.

Independent of this speculation, as I explain below, the results to me dont indicate that Str plays any sort of a role.

2) KK have inadvertently mislead us on this topic at least once beforeYes they have witheld information before about slots.

3) Rares are still not fully explainedYep. Which is why outrage over this seems a bit premature to me. More on this below.

4) According to what we've been told those builds should not be that goodI am not sure I understand your reasoning here.

Here is what we know about rares:

1. *IF* you are high enough level to build a rare, you are guaranteed it will have stats much higher than any non-rare could. Non-rares cap out at 94%, and all rares are higher than that. I havent seen any lower than 100% myself. That disruptor build represents the lowest quality rare I have ever seen built.

2. Once a rare is built, normal slot rules apply. Because its higher quality than a non-rare, it has better slot chances.

3. After its slotted, the rares have an additional chance (random?) for getting an extra 1-2 slots on top of what it would have had as a non-rare.

So, that being said, I think its a bit rotton that tanks are even capable of building a rare. Just in principle.

But as long as they can, I dont see TOO much standing in the way of them making rares with decent slots, based on the info we know.

Just my opinion.

Biznatchy
13-07-04, 21:22
Stych9 no im not stressed really you missunderstand. Build stats on rares are random I have, since first starting to build rares, come to that conclusion. But ffs they shouldnt be random in the same manner for a 130ish cst tank as a spy with 260 cst. Doesnt that just violate some basic idea of classes. I think the whole thing deserves a few good fuck words droped in.

Ive seen spies make high tl rifles with stats almost the same as the one that one in the screenshots. Ill bet if he built 5 of them they would get better stats with a few of them. An yes with two mods that disruptor would be close to artifact.

Biznatchy
13-07-04, 21:25
BTW you showed us the stats for the moonie and the pic of a doombeamer. I would really like to see the stats on the DB. How did it stat would answer some questions.

jernau
13-07-04, 22:28
1) Personally I haven't explored the client in any depth as that's clearly not permitted and IMO it's unethical. The cases where I know in detail of investigations into it's workings the data recovered and/or it's interpretation was incomplete and/or provably wrong. KK have also confirmed that data obtained from this route is not always what it appears to be. I think much of the data in there became redundant a long time ago as tasks moved server-side for security reasons. As to why they would include STR I can't say but it would certainly not be the first time KK (or any other developer) did something odd nor the first time a gaff was made and left in because it did no real harm. OTOH maybe they just like to keep us guessing (assuming that there is another factor besides DEX, INT and CST).

2) They have not only withheld info, they have told us things we know to be wrong and subsequently withdrawn or ammended their info.

3) Well I'm not outraged, just curious if there is more to be learnt here :). I certainly won't stop thinking on it just because of what KK say.

4) The slot-rate is amazingly high for his stats and the quality is also surprisingly good. While both are random his CST, INT and DEX are all amazingly low. We now know that the dice are rolled on uncapped numbers so he should not be able to produce items of the same quality as a spy yet he is doing better than most spies. Yes the sample is small and yes it's random but the variance from the norm is huge here so it is relevant. I've seen a >200CST and >100INT/DEX turn out a Disruptor very similar if not worse than that before now.

Even if G.O.D. got onto an amazing streak of luck here I can't see any way a system that allows a tank to compete against dedicated spy CSTers can be right. Whatever the cause is, something should be done about it.

Gohei
13-07-04, 23:49
OMFG!! This is jusst fucked :mad:

Thats a kick in the nuts for all those who made a spy to CST. (like me)

Trip
14-07-04, 00:07
OH FFS!!! Why dont you just remove the damn spy class now!!! There is now really no use for us at all. we're now really crappy tanks! C'mon our really only untouchable thing which is tradeskill is now tainted by a TANK!!! A TANK C'MON!!! psi monk fair enough BUT A TANK!!! C'MON!!! A MEATHEAD! See look at it

Tried that, failed 5 times in a row and then quit

Ok spies can do this, fair enough we can try making PNs as well

... shot the spy that was making me do them for waisting my valuable csting time. :rolleyes:

What the hell!!! Spies cant shoot other people! what the hell! Tanks are like tradeskilling spies but can shoot people as well. why tradeskill spy when you can tradeskill and kill others being tank!

the friggin apocalypse this is. So G.O.D's one of the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse...who's next?

p.s. lolz, nice builds. Did better than the spy who made my 0 slot dissy

Spikadelia
14-07-04, 00:16
1)

Even if G.O.D. got onto an amazing streak of luck here I can't see any way a system that allows a tank to compete against dedicated spy CSTers can be right. Whatever the cause is, something should be done about it.

Perfectly put Jernau.

winnoc
14-07-04, 08:30
I was thinking about making my new melee tank an op hacker, but now i think i'll just make him a constructor :-)

Weazle
14-07-04, 13:09
bah I remeber making him sing YMCA for aload of nightshade back in DMA

Those were the days :lol:

Agent L
16-07-04, 18:51
uhm, afaik he rerolled under same name instead of loming.

G.0.D.
16-07-04, 21:21
It only takes like 20 loms to fully lom a tank into csting :lol:

Mmmm meanwhile im partying my ass off in vancouver so that might explain why im not around on pluto making shit. Ill be back on the 20th-21st :D

G.0.D.
21-07-04, 23:39
Back from my vacation, Mmmm just made 2 more rares.

http://www.g0dsoft.com/rares3.JPG

Tommorow im doing a batch of 20 some rares, so that will be the real test of how effective my tank CSTer actually is. I will post a follow up tommorow after I compleate the builds.

LiL T
22-07-04, 02:57
A tank makes a 4 slotted TL 110 weapon holy shit somethings not right :wtf:

alypaa
22-07-04, 05:21
I am strongly starting to believe there is a sweet spot or something like that in constructing. Reading this and csting a 5 slot libby (great stats too) with 161 cst skill n00b spy...