PDA

View Full Version : emails tied to Accounts need a Security question to change?

Argronious
10-07-04, 00:22
I think it would be a wise idea for KK to add a security question to change the Emails tied to accounts to prevent someone from changing the email account and tryin to retrive it at a later date. as has been done numerous times before, a simple yes or no will suffice plz post your responces here

Phlith
10-07-04, 00:34
Something of this nature should have been implemented long ago imo, sure would prevent alot of headaches...

zii
10-07-04, 01:12
they can add something, but not a preset question because I won't remember it, nor my mother'smaiden name, for reasons that should be obvious!

You could add another password level. I don't want to have to add another password to my 39 long password list.

Dezerter
10-07-04, 01:34
Agreed with everyone else, should've been there bloody ages ago.

Argronious
10-07-04, 01:59
incase i wasn't clear i'm talking about where you change the emial address the KK will send your account name and pass too if you request it. many accounts have been neutralized by someone other than the owner logging in and changing the email address so that they can at a later date request the account details and reactivate an account which isn't thiers for the sole purpose of looting it. so i think there should be a security question to change the email address to prevent this from happening. TY

AYB,
Argronious 77/67 *** APU

Birkoff
10-07-04, 02:15
In you you had MYUO and UO ACCOUNT 1 was access to billing and account detals the other was jsut access to the members area and the billing.

Worked perfectly never heard anyoen getting hacked. Wouldn't of helped the reason that this post was for.

Cyphor
10-07-04, 02:40
How about just ask to confirm the payment details for the account? That way only the person paying the account can change anything, and its one thing to hack someones email account but its a much more serious matter to steal someones credit card info, i doubt anyone would risk them consequences for the sake of a game :eek:

Argronious
10-07-04, 05:37
Worked perfectly never heard anyoen getting hacked. Wouldn't of helped the reason that this post was for.

Whats that supposed to mean ? :confused:

Odin
10-07-04, 05:48
Or you could not share your accounts with others like we keep stating you shouldn't be.

Dezerter
10-07-04, 06:14
Or you could not share your accounts with others like we keep stating you shouldn't be.

Or maybe the account system could be fixed so errors like this wouldn't happen in the first place, mm?

Argronious
10-07-04, 06:15
heh well i was trying to be productive, and seeing as other games feel these security measures are important i wondered why NC doens't have them as well. :mad: so much for community voice eh?

OTIS
10-07-04, 10:13
dont tell anyone ur username and the pw shouldnt be an issue :rolleyes: