PDA

View Full Version : Saturn bug, construct bug or just the way things are?

whifix
10-07-04, 00:12
So about a week ago I built a 4 slotted TL 61 Gatlin Rifle withing 35 attempts. In around the same time I built a 5 slotted TL 30 Assault Rifle within 30 attempts. I'm planing on what weapons I'll use on my noob rifler so I start constructing some TL 17 Unlabeled ‘Slowfire’ Rifle. I built the first 50.... one 3 slotter. Research and build another 50... bunch of nothing and a few 2 slotters. Research and built 150... two 4 slotters, four 3 slotters and a bunch of other crap but no 5 slotters. Now I'm wounder if the problem has something to do with how buggy Saturn is now or is there some issue with slotting Tech based weapons or lower TL weapons. Anyone know?

bounty
10-07-04, 00:22
I think it just proves that what people have been saying all along is correct, and that is: Slots when you get right down to it have a lot to do with Chance.

Terayon
10-07-04, 00:23
no. some weapons just are easier to get slots on. it has nothing to do with how saturn is right now.

JackScratch
10-07-04, 01:19
Once quality is capped, slotts are completely random. Completely random means you can get some wild and eratic results. First of all make certain you are capping the quality on all these weapons.

StryfeX
10-07-04, 01:38
Once quality is capped, slotts are completely random. Completely random means you can get some wild and eratic results. First of all make certain you are capping the quality on all these weapons.He's a high level CST'er and caps the quality of this weapon with ease. At the time I talked with him last night, he was on 300 total and preparing to research another large batch.

I think that even though slots are by "chance", he *should* have gotten a 5 slotter within 300 attempts. To not get a 5 slotter within 300 attempts is just plain ludicrous on a TL 17 weapon, especially considering that he did a single batch of 150.

KK should tweak the CST formula so that you get more slots on lower TL items when made by a really high level CST. As it stands, it's just silly. Why should someone have to make 500 of a low TL item just to get a single 5 slotter?

--Stryfe

Chaos81
10-07-04, 03:03
Because I really don't think that not having a TL 17, 5 slot weapon is really going to impact your ability to level...

Birkoff
10-07-04, 03:12
I think that even though slots are by "chance", he *should* have gotten a 5 slotter within 300 attempts. To not get a 5 slotter within 300 attempts is just plain ludicrous on a TL 17 weapon, especially considering that he did a single batch of 150.

Why? Its a tl17 weapon, whenb constructing it u dont even see the process bar go up, In some ways u shoulsd have to build mre low lvl weapons to get slots as u build them so fast but that would put a bad impact on real noobs.

YOur going to use the gun for about 5 dex lvls does it really matter.

When u make 300 PEs and dont get a 3 slot..... worry

Seven
10-07-04, 05:06
Next time use a Tank. O_o

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=103352