PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Disney Movie?

-REMUS-
09-07-04, 02:59
Ok so I was feeling ill and I just fancied watching anything appart from what was on tv... so I picked Aladdin out of the vid cabinet AND IT ROX!!!

Aladdin > Return of Jafar

So whats your favourite, I myself always shed a tear when bambi's mum gets PK'ed :(

Lexxuk
09-07-04, 03:00
The little mermaid :o

eric-the-ded
09-07-04, 03:31
So whats your favourite, I myself always shed a tear when bambi's mum gets PK'ed :(

hahaaa. pk'ed. that's classic.
i've always kinda dug fantasia and alice in wonderland.

how do you know i'm mad?
you must be. or you wouldn't have come here.

Gohei
09-07-04, 03:32
The Lion King, definitly.

Jusst sad when Moofasa gets pwned by the skinny kows with huge horns...

rob444
09-07-04, 03:42
Yeah the Lion King was good, I do remember an old disney movie which I always forget the name of, I'll see if I can find it :D

-REMUS-
09-07-04, 04:25
hahaaa. pk'ed. that's classic.
i've always kinda dug fantasia and alice in wonderland.

how do you know i'm mad?
you must be. or you wouldn't have come here.

yeah fantasia and alice are both very trippy.

have you noticed the way every jumped up twonk always says "the book is better" OMFG KOS!

Shadow Dancer
09-07-04, 04:30
Lion King

VirtualReGen
09-07-04, 04:41
the emperors new groove i think its called, funny as hell

Gohei
09-07-04, 04:41
yeah fantasia and alice are both very trippy.

have you noticed the way every jumped up twonk always says "the book is better" OMFG KOS!

I hate that "book is better" BS. Books are never better then the fucken movies.

Lareolan
09-07-04, 05:14
Beauty and the Beast would be mine I guess... But I am not a big fan of Disney, too many times they butchered classics :(

I'd rather watch anime, especially works of Miyazaki, at least he's original.

Gotterdammerung
09-07-04, 05:15
Steamboat Willie

http://www.bcdb.com/bcdb/detailed.cgi?film=3820

Comie
09-07-04, 05:20
*claps hands*

Hercales! Hercales! Hercales! Hercales! Hercales!

Psycho_Soldier
09-07-04, 05:54
*claps hands*

Hercales! Hercales! Hercales! Hercales! Hercales!

You spelled that wrong you know lol...

Atlantis pwns.

Vithar
09-07-04, 06:31
For live action Disney movies: Mary Poppins, hands down!!!!

For animated Disney movies: Aladdin <-- without doubt one of the best soundtracks, too, next to The Hunchback of Notre Dame

V

amfest
09-07-04, 06:39
Atlantis pwns.Nadia pwns Atlantis (dern copy cats :P ) but hey I'll give it to them since Nadia is a series and not a movie ^^

EDIT: err well Nadia has a movie but it wasn't as good as the series >_>

EDIT 2: to stay on topic I'll say I that I really enjoyed The Black Cauldron . . it was just dark ;)

Drake6k
09-07-04, 06:46
Aladdin all the way

Mirco
09-07-04, 07:51
I like the old short movies the best. The one where Donald Duck is having a snowball war with his nephews is awesome or when micky, goofy and donald is out on vacation with a rather advanced caravan.

Worst is alice in wonderland. When I was younger that movie just made me feel ill. I still get uneasy when I see it on the tv and switch over fast.

seraphian
09-07-04, 08:19
I myself always shed a tear when bambi's mum gets PK'ed

Spoken like a true NC player...

NO on second thought a true NC player would be telling Bambie to stop bitching and put her LE back in :lol:

In all seriousness though, I really liked 'The Emperor's New Groove' Simply for the line 'nooooo touchy' laughed my ass off at that one. <<And used it on my old BF a few times, :lol:>>

All of the Disney/Pixar stuff is pretty good too, great CG and pretty cool storylines in general, I mean come on, Toy Story is a classic!
I actually liked Alice in Wonderland, but then again I always did like the trippy psychadelic movies (I ENJOYED "The End of Evangelion" which goes to tell you something)

<<PS if you're wondering why I know so much about Disney movies, I baby-sit on occasion, and I don't mean jsut being a PPU...>>

Magic Sausage
09-07-04, 08:21
Emperors New Groove Inspired The Rank System for my clan

"YAY I'M A LLAMA AGAIN... oh wait..."

OTIS
09-07-04, 08:24
Lion King...ya its sweet when Moofausa and Scar get in that pvp battle...and Scar lets him fall and Moofausa gets the Mcslay from all the wildabeasts :(

msdong
09-07-04, 08:48
i hate disney. to many singing animels. what sond kind of fun in english version is kind of hell in german. why the hell do they translate songs as well?

at the moment i like the "disney" pixar movies a lot better.

Omnituens
09-07-04, 08:52
hmmm very hard to choose a favourite.

Aladdin
Lion King
Toy Story (Disney Pixar)
Alice in Wonderland

are good though.

Original monk
09-07-04, 09:01
can i name a few ??

fantasia, jungle book and last but certainly not least: DUMBO :P

Magic Sausage
09-07-04, 09:02
OMG the Cheshire Cat OWNS YOU ALL :D

manderf
09-07-04, 09:02
pirates of the carribean..... O wait no that movie sucked donkey dick.

alladin>me
i fucking love that movie and i want that fucker JD to die

Original monk
09-07-04, 09:07
On a sidenote: i didnt like bambi (when i see that movie i get hungry, them bambi's are tasty ya know)

and i have mixed feeling with pinochio altough its a "classic" :)

r0ti0n
09-07-04, 09:28
Monster's Inc pwnz you all o_O

TheGreatMilenko
09-07-04, 10:50
all of you sound so stupid when you say like bamies mum got PK`d, moffusa and blah got in a pvp battle it sounds like some 1 that plays a little to much NC and its stupid55555five%%%%% :p

btw
Monsters Inc+Lion King > you

Archeus
09-07-04, 10:53
"Holes" and "Faranheight 911"

sanityislost
09-07-04, 10:59
Lion King....gotta love the lil rat and the pig doing random crap
KK should really make a movie with disney about a wee crabs journey from
MB beach to Neocron and half way thru the wee crab can meet a drom and
get a lift on its back in a kinky way. :D

SiL ..:..

btw wee crabs > droms

Richard Slade
09-07-04, 12:04
Ain't watching Disney movies and I dunn like 'em anyways so I'd say I rather watch Bambi Kills.

-REMUS-
09-07-04, 12:27
Ain't watching Disney movies and I dunn like 'em anyways so I'd say I rather watch Bambi Kills.

oh come on!

"...Hakuna Matata! What a wonderful phrase, Hakuna Matata! Ain't no passing craze, it means no worries, for the rest of your days, it means no worries For the rest of your days. It's our problem-free philosophy..."

"...Look for the bare necessities, the simple bare necessities, forget about your worries and your strife, I mean the bare necessities, Old Mother Nature's recipes, that brings the bare necessities of life!..."

Do I need to sing any more lyrics at you to get ya to become one with the disney?

MkVenner
09-07-04, 12:32
Finding Nemo rocks :p

Richard Slade
09-07-04, 12:35
oh come on!

"...Hakuna Matata! What a wonderful phrase, Hakuna Matata! Ain't no passing craze, it means no worries, for the rest of your days, it means no worries For the rest of your days. It's our problem-free philosophy..."

"...Look for the bare necessities, the simple bare necessities, forget about your worries and your strife, I mean the bare necessities, Old Mother Nature's recipes, that brings the bare necessities of life!..."

Do I need to sing any more lyrics at you to get ya to become one with the disney?

Please. try me.
The world sucks and even listening to such things as a "problem-free philosophy" is just sad.

SilentEye
09-07-04, 12:39
Lion King by far!

-REMUS-
09-07-04, 12:40
Please. try me.
The world sucks and even listening to such things as a "problem-free philosophy" is just sad.

oooo my names Richard Slade i'm too COOL to enjoy a good cartoon...

I bet your the kind of kid that thought teenage mutant hero turtles was immature, I bet your the kind of kid that laughed at Captin Buckio Hares green fur, I BET your the same damn kid who thought that Captin Planet was Captin Crap!

{MD}GeistDamnit
09-07-04, 12:40
Swiss Family Robinson

SilentEye
09-07-04, 12:43
oooo my names Richard Slade i'm too COOL to enjoy a good cartoon...

I bet your the kind of kid that thought teenage mutant hero turtles was immature, I bet your the kind of kid that laughed at Captin Buckio Hares green fur, I BET your the same damn kid who thought that Captin Planet was Captin Crap!

I almost started swinging cause it looked like a song :p

Tratos
09-07-04, 12:54
Hhmmm....

From actual Disney i like Alice In Wonderland, Jungle Book and Emperor's New Groove there are more i just cant remember the titles :( but Alice In Wonderland = teh pwnage

Disney Pixar, well i like most of them Toy Story which pwnd

"You've got a friend in me. You've got a friend in me."

Monsters Inc. was funny as fuck :D i really enjoyed that and of course Finding Nemo which just rocks, lol i was laughing at some of it for days, lol

So yeah go me :p :D

Siygess
09-07-04, 14:12
Ignoring the CG stuff (all of which is equally great) I suppose I like Mulan the most - Eddie Murphy just cracks me up ;)

jernau
09-07-04, 14:18
Learn to read. They are much better that way.

As someone already said Disney butcher things. Their animation used to be the best in the world but that hasn't been true for about forty years. These days all they have left is the butchery and titles they buy in from much better studios.

Of their recent crop the only one I liked was Aladin.

From their golden era I'd say Snow White or Fantasia.

Oh and lol @ Archeus ;).

Richard Slade
09-07-04, 14:19
Naww TMHT were wicked cool!
And had tons of violence, loved that stuff
This Buckio thingy and Cpt Planet never reached our country afaik.
We had other stuff instead.
But no I never like non-violent cartoons, simple as that

-REMUS-
09-07-04, 14:42
Learn to read. They are much better that way.

As someone already said Disney butcher things. Their animation used to be the best in the world but that hasn't been true for about forty years. These days all they have left is the butchery and titles they buy in from much better studios.

Of their recent crop the only one I liked was Aladin.

From their golden era I'd say Snow White or Fantasia.

Oh and lol @ Archeus ;).

Its not the fact that the book might be better than the movie its the way that your having a conversation with your friends about for instance the Jurassic Park movies and then some twonk interjects with the comment "well the books are better than the movies". Its just such a throw away statement, blah blah I are teh better than you because I read and I am of a higher order in life, reminds me of those *gother than thou* or *more punk than thou* people that have an instinctive desire to find ways to look down upon people.

I mentioned before about people who say "books are better than movies..." and Gohei was agreeing with me, I mentioned it under the context that I knew someone would bring up a "the book was better than the film" argument and this thread is directly relational to movies not books.

So learn to read jernau! Before you post silly condescending comments, thinking just becuase we like the more simplistic disney movies we automatically = cant read/retarded.

So put that in your pipe and smoke it! :angel:

jernau
09-07-04, 14:46
I was responding to the second part of his post which is outright nonsense.

In many cases the book is better so the point can be valid but I understand what you are saying.

-REMUS-
09-07-04, 15:05
I was responding to the second part of his post which is outright nonsense.

In many cases the book is better so the point can be valid but I understand what you are saying.

yeah I suppose, also in responce to disney butchering classics, I dont necceserily think this is the case, these type of films were directly aimed at a very immature audience and some fairey tales have more sinister overtones. It is only recently that more adult humour has crept into the scene such as monsters inc and shrek both prime exsamples. Movie adaptations will pretty much always wander and vary from the books orginal plot, but thats due to the director using his interpretation to give the veiwer a glimpse not only into (useually) a fantesy world but also the directors imagination.

This is also the greatest alure of books in my opinion, everyones interpretation of a book is unique, one persons mental image differs from another makeing the act a personal and involveing experiance.

jernau
09-07-04, 15:23
I would say the old Disney animations were far darker than the modern ones. Bambi's mother or the Queen in Snow White are obvious examples but there are many others.

As you say movies can almost never exactly replicate a book because of the differences in medium but there are good conversions and bad ones.

The worst example in Disney's case is probably Hunchback. A bad choice of book for such a film in the first place, so much so that what was left in the end had almost no link to the original bar the title.

Original monk
09-07-04, 15:29
for example: i didnt see any of the lotr movies yet ... (i know not alot to do with disney but its an example)

i did read all the books when i was younger ... they also told the story of frodo in our class from 3rd to 6st grade in the junior school or how do i say that (whe where like 8 to 11 years old)

im afraid that if i watch the movies that my completely build up imaginary world of the lotr gets wrecked :/

i decided to read all the books again first and later on watch the 3 movies in 1 go :)

so atleast my imagination keeps saved up for a bit :)

james_finn
09-07-04, 15:46
Lol disney movies,

got to be:
Lilo and Stitch

eeeek save me.....
and also definatly Monsters Inc.
Disney > All you PKzorz!

Delphi

-=BlackBeard=-
09-07-04, 17:24
eeekk shrek 2 monsters inc or toy story 2

Ghanima
09-07-04, 18:03
My goodness I can't believe I'm the first person to mention this one but the best Disney movie of all time has to be TRON.

Ghanima ;)

Jock Rockwell
09-07-04, 18:10
Jungle Book > all

nuff said

darknessfairy
09-07-04, 18:11
all disney..i lub disney :)

for a quiet night in me and bob watch beauty and the beast :p

Doc Holliday
09-07-04, 19:33

Have u read lord of the rings?

Gohei
09-07-04, 20:12

Yes, i have, about 3 years ago. And A Hobbits Tale. Not Simarilion or whatever they are called. Gotta borrow those from a friend whos read em.... anyway.

But reading jusst takes to mutch time. And i don't have plenty of time during the week. I'd rather jusst put the disc in the DvD player, get some potatoe chips, something to drink, strip down to only my underwear and lay down on the sofa and enjoy.

Ur being entertained for hours and all you gotta read is the subtitles, can't possibly get any better.

-REMUS-
09-07-04, 23:39
My goodness I can't believe I'm the first person to mention this one but the best Disney movie of all time has to be TRON.

Ghanima ;)

HA! So say j00 Moofasa could kick their stupid neon arses anyday, ruddy glowing frisbies and all that other nonsense!

Oh and who is that in your pic kinda reminds me of my ex-gf only she had two lip pierceings.

Kuuselaa
10-07-04, 02:39
Lion King for me :D *Hakuna Matata!...*

{MD}GeistDamnit
10-07-04, 06:48

hmm, that's a hard one. I saw the cartoons before I read the books. and when I read the first book about Bilbo all I could picture in my minds eye was the parts in the cartoon :D

I loved them all = I think.

But what must be said about movies is if you dont wanna see things with your minds eye, the visual and sound effect of a movie bring it to life for you. I have a good imagination so I dont have a problem reading and enjoying. But I like movies better in general.

Mr Friendly
10-07-04, 06:56
id have to confess, only disney movie that stuck in my head as a fav was lil mermaid :D

OTIS
10-07-04, 10:24
all of you sound so stupid when you say like bamies mum got PK`d, moffusa and blah got in a pvp battle it sounds like some 1 that plays a little to much NC and its stupid55555five%%%%% :p

btw

lol its funny!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dru Blood
10-07-04, 16:31
jungle burger. i think it was disney :wtf:

Doc Holliday
10-07-04, 16:53
does ren and stimpy count? or taz from tazmania?

-REMUS-
10-07-04, 17:03

btw

If I could punch you in the face I would...

Of course it was a joke it was funny, if you don't get the joke or don't appreciate it then you can fuck off buddy.

OTIS
10-07-04, 19:44
If I could punch you in the face I would...

Of course it was a joke it was funny, if you don't get the joke or don't appreciate it then you can fuck off buddy.

YAY!! *cheers for remus* GO GET EM!!! :D

J. Folsom
10-07-04, 20:45
does ren and stimpy count? or taz from tazmania?
Both of those aren't Disney :p

Anyway, I guess I'll settle for Aladin myself. But I haven't seen anything from Disney in ages, or at least, not in a way I was aware.

JackScratch
10-07-04, 20:49
The Blackhole, Disney's first PG. Truely an inspired movie.

Napalm82
10-07-04, 21:48
TRON!!!11!!!!!oneoneone :lol:

- Napalm

Maloch Octavia
10-07-04, 21:54
Ikabod Woe or whatever it's called, the one with the headless horseman.

-REMUS-
10-07-04, 23:06
The Blackhole, Disney's first PG. Truely an inspired movie.

Is that the one with that space ship that can create a black hole and travel through featureing that evil fucker robot :p

greendonkeyuk
11-07-04, 00:37
Ikabod Woe or whatever it's called, the one with the headless horseman.

somethin to do with a pumpkin headed dude or are we on different pages here?

Favourite disney film is defo jungle book.

Oath
11-07-04, 02:05
The end Credits.

Always make me smile :mad:

Fucking hate disney, Sadly Kurt loves them O_o :rolleyes:

stebedford
11-07-04, 02:09
I know its not a disney movie but Watership down > all :)

sorry im a bit pissed atm cos me and some of the other rangers just got back to my house after a clan night out :)

Shujin
11-07-04, 02:27
I have all aladin movies, sad tbh >.<...

but other than that I really dont like any disney movies... death race 2000 > all > disney ;D!

I know its not a disney movie but Watership down > all :)

sorry im a bit pissed atm cos me and some of the other rangers just got back to my house after a clan night out :)

yep even > that... FOO ;P

-REMUS-
11-07-04, 02:31
I have all aladin movies, sad tbh >.<...

but other than that I really dont like any disney movies... death race 2000 > all > disney ;D!

yep even > that... FOO ;P

pffft..... :rolleyes: Shujins a carebear *points and laughs* hehe j/k

I thought there were only 2 aladdin movies? I ordered 1&2 on dvd last night... now thats sad I have them on vhs and dvd LOL!

Shujin
11-07-04, 03:52
u ever seen death race 2000? that has got to be my all time fav movie ;D its sooo corny its funny ;D

JackScratch
11-07-04, 08:12
Well, There are no ships that create Blackholes in the movie, but there is an evil fucker and his robot. So Im not sure how to answer that. Came out in the early 80s if Im not mistaken. Realy well done SciFi, if you havent seen it, I highly recomend it.

Is that the one with that space ship that can create a black hole and travel through featureing that evil fucker robot :p

Death race 2000, staring a very young Sylvester Stalone (pre Rocky, I believe) and David (Kung Foo) Caradine, as Frankenstein

Vampire222
11-07-04, 12:23
Lion King Rawr