PDA

View Full Version : Ryl

System
08-07-04, 23:58
Hey,

For those of you who are not playing NC while its completely f*cked go download Risk Your Life at www.ryl.com.my

Here be a few Screen Shots. It's gives us something different to do for a while. This is the game I'm playing while I'm on a break from NC.

Don't you wish you had that view distence in NC as a sniper

slaughteruall
09-07-04, 00:01
Damn that looks pretty nice. How is the combat? Turn based i take it? I'm still at work but might give it a shot when i get home.

Slaughter

System
09-07-04, 00:07
Well.. Its Open beta so don't expect the world. NC pvp is sweet as hell and haven't found to much to get close to that.

But this games pvp you kinda need a tight ass PC so you don't lag to much. But it's kinda cool. There are islands that you have to ask for a dual then there are islands where you can just walk up to someone and gank him.

But there is not communication between enemies and you cannot have hybrids becuase stuff is by class. It's a pain in the ass to level but fun if you have a few people over TeamSpeak or Ventrilo playing at once trying to learn and be in a party together.

This is where my clan is playing atm until we come back to NC

amfest
09-07-04, 00:12
there's really not much to do in risk your life. It gets boring fast. Unless they've patched it but last I checked they hadn't. So there was no dungeons and boss mobs. You could level up and head to the arenas but that will get old also. Not to mention the massive laggage you'll get. 10% die from your mistakes 90% death due to lag. Also you can do silly things like run up any incline no matter how steep. Swim across the ocean forever and never drown.

Combat is running up to said target and attacking. You can use wasd for that or you can do the point and click auto attack target if you use mouse mode view. You just hit as much as you can hit depending on your weapon or skill.

Underground
09-07-04, 00:18
Well.. Its Open beta so don't expect the world. NC pvp is sweet as hell and haven't found to much to get close to that.

But this games pvp you kinda need a tight ass PC so you don't lag to much. But it's kinda cool. There are islands that you have to ask for a dual then there are islands where you can just walk up to someone and gank him.

But there is not communication between enemies and you cannot have hybrids becuase stuff is by class. It's a pain in the ass to level but fun if you have a few people over TeamSpeak or Ventrilo playing at once trying to learn and be in a party together.

This is where my clan is playing atm until we come back to NC

There are hybrids ;) their Priests of the Acolyte clsas type for humans, fuck the sorcs...

Theres alot of mix up with RYL tho, CIB do the current beta, but its just a translation of the malaysian version, its planetwide games that are doing the US/Europe client. Same engine, Same game, but the 2 companies are seperate, and will modify/patch/update the game to suit their client bases, the problem i found with the CIB one is that the XP is half of the real malaysian version, I got my sorc to level 43 damn fast, and was competetive with any of the arkhan in the arena, and with magic cell up and ready i could take 3-4 people fast, but, the power levelers own this game, its basically who is higher level wins...

The area, IMO, where it lacks the most is tradeskilling, its non existant, though they have player stores and the economy was running well while i played, all items are store bought, and mob dropped, just sometimes the mob dropped items/armour/weapons have 'green' stats, which are better then store bhought, making them very valuable and fairly rare for a all green item.

Personally I stopped playing due to the leveling grind, its literally a case of kill this mob for a day, and gain a level, then you can kill this mob for a day, to get a level, then kill this mob for a day etc etc untill level 89 :o sod that, got boring fast...

The PVP was pretty good, its 3rd person _or_ baldurs gate style, but 3rd person was much faster and easier to use, to the external distance view was good for certain cases... Its 3rd person twitch like neo which is why it got me for a while, but i got sick of the leveling grind, then towards the end of my time with RYL it came apparent that it is Very item and level based, if your level 40, you cant beat a level 43 unless they fuck up, of their magic cell/evade isnt fresh...

Candaman
09-07-04, 00:20
I played this game closed beta3 and open beat i'm up to lvl40 sorc but the game has bored me like neocron all thats left is pvp but u can only play with the big boys in the arena if u are a power lvler collecting all the drop only spells and such forth

System
09-07-04, 00:32
Yea the game is more item/level base. Which personally I don't mind that atm. It's giving me something different to do. When I feel like killing something I got and play UT04. Yea Ive only been playing this game for a week and have a lvl 34 sorc. It's a pain in the ass kinda but a lot of people on ventrilo play so we all go out in parties and just kill shit and talk.

Just something to pass time while NC if f*cked like normally