PDA

View Full Version : Game not selling DoY!!

james_finn
08-07-04, 20:53
WTF!!!

I e-mailed Game (UK Games retailer) about the fact that Beyond Dome of York is not on their Pre-order list and I have just recieved an e-mail back saying that they are not stocking it!!! This needs to be rectified KK, Game is the biggest PC Games retailer in the UK!!

Heres the qouted e-mail:

I have checked with our buying department and we are not going to be stocking this game. I am sorry to send a reply I know will disappoint you.

Rah! KK this needs to be fixed!

Delphi

Jailbird
08-07-04, 20:56
ya it sucks, but KK are selling the game through either Bigben or 10tackle. one of them is their publisher.

the only way to order the game is from neocron website. and ya I know, atm KK is doing a bad job advertising. but I hope they do advertise when the game is released.

Shadow Dancer
08-07-04, 20:56
WTF, why?????

Write back and ask whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

Clownst0pper
08-07-04, 20:58
Thats fucking bollox, they stock nothing but shit, but wont stock that?

What a Joke

Underground
08-07-04, 21:04
tbh, souns like he just did a current stock check, and as the game isnt out yet then hes said its not stocked. Thats what I hope anyway

-FN-
08-07-04, 21:06
Search EB (http://www.ebgames.com/) (One of the US's biggest game suppliers) for "Neocron". You won't find anything. I've mailed them about a BDoY preorder, but haven't heard anything yet.

alig
08-07-04, 21:06
Well everything seems to be going to plan :rolleyes:

If GAME are'nt selling it then we might as well forget about having anymore people playing because GAME is the biggest highstreet games shop you will find in UK.

And clown, GAME dont stock shit...they have every good game in the shop on day of release, even if the game is massive.

Clownst0pper
08-07-04, 21:14
Well everything seems to be going to plan :rolleyes:

If GAME are'nt selling it then we might as well forget about having anymore people playing because GAME is the biggest highstreet games shop you will find in UK.

And clown, GAME dont stock shit...they have every good game in the shop on day of release, even if the game is massive.

I worked at game for 2 years...The amount of product they get in, with the quantity of PC titles being nothing but absolute rubbish, apart from at least 3 good games in the top 10.

GAME gets in stock games which sell well, not which games are good.

Take sims, or any star trek games, or gangster, or CSI.

these are all shit games, of which they get millions in

amfest
08-07-04, 21:15
It's always been to my understanding (till I'm told otherwise) that the release in stores will be for germany. We will be able to get the english version from KK from that preorder and anyone else. Unlike beginning neocron retail where germany went to retail first then later everyone else. But I never read anything about their being a release in STORES anywhere else. So most likely a release in stores will be later on in stores other than germany.

Of course I could be wrong. But if I am I'd like a KK employ to tell me I'm wrong ;)

alig
08-07-04, 21:15
Well i got neocron off the shelf in game.

Clownst0pper
08-07-04, 21:17
Well i got neocron off the shelf in game.

So did I, one copy in the whole of MeadowHall (sheffields biggest retailor)

no copys in chesterfield, mansfield, sheffield city centre.

wow. Game stock everything.

Gaurentee I can go in there and find fucking every single sim addon.

rob444
08-07-04, 21:17
I emailed a cheap store in sweden and they had Neocron but they removed it from their MMORPG list for an unknown reason.

james_finn
08-07-04, 21:18
The lady said that she had asked the buying people, as I had e-mailed customer services, so I dont think that game will be stocking it :( Big Ben need to start sorting out the advertising

Delphi

alig
08-07-04, 21:23
Well anyway clown...whether game has 1 or 100 copies of neocron is dont matter because neocron isnt big...it never will be big and they have left it way to late to even try.

Look at games that do get published, HL2, Doom3, Stalker etc etc...i can garantee i could find a banner for at least one of them games on a website (even though everyone has heard of them already, why? because they were published)

If game doesnt have doy and wont be having doy then kk can suck my nob because im not paying a pre-order fee (like we KNOW doy is coming out?) + shipping to get doy over the internet.

giga191
08-07-04, 21:27
I doubt that that money people will shop for an MMORPG in GAME anyway. People who want them usually shop for them on the web

Cerebus
08-07-04, 21:37
So did I, one copy in the whole of MeadowHall (sheffields biggest retailor)

I must have bought the other one they had in then. Not on display tho, it was behind the counter, and the first guy I asked had never heard of it.

Gotta love the professionals that work there.

Cerebus

james_finn
08-07-04, 21:39
Well between me and 4 mates, we have 10 copies of cron (Yeah count that 10 lol) and I think that 9 of them were bought at Game, the other was in a bargin bin at HMV lol. I bought SWG from game, and my mate bought SWG, DoAC and Eve from Game, so how can you say no one buys MMORPGs from Game lol!

Delphi

CyTeCH
08-07-04, 21:50
Well between me and 4 mates, we have 10 copies of cron (Yeah count that 10 lol) and I think that 9 of them were bought at Game, the other was in a bargin bin at HMV lol. I bought SWG from game, and my mate bought SWG, DoAC and Eve from Game, so how can you say no one buys MMORPGs from Game lol!

Delphi

i got 3 of mine at game but when i was trying to get the fourth game couldnt get hold of it anymore, i was told they would not be getting it back in stock....

EB.....EB sold out to GameUK a few years back over here...

Amazon used to always have it....other than that its mostly unknown over here, havnt seen anything about doy yet either, but i dont read many zines anymore but most people i know who play mmorpgs say neowhat??

Something does have to be done in the UK, KK has people in the US working for them now, maybe it wouldnot be a bad idea to get someone in the UK doing some stuff for you, the UK has a very large mmorpg comunity very few of whom know about Neocron let alone DOY!

jernau
08-07-04, 22:17
Until they hear from KK's distributors and marketing people they won't even know it exists.

But heh KK have nearly 2 months to get the word out and all games companies leave these things that late don't they.... well they do.... don't they.... oh :(

GurTjaN
08-07-04, 22:21
clearly only neocron players have know about good games.

<sighs>

james_finn
08-07-04, 22:24
well i reakon its too late for KK to do much. You have to remember that games magazine are produced about a month in advance, so there is no way that the magazines can get a preview in, maybe they will get a Retail version to test, I think thats about the best it can get too. But When people find out DoY rocks then where will they be bale to buy it from? Not game their local games shop.

Maybe thats something KK need to bring to the attention of Big Ben

Delphi

Logan_storm_03
08-07-04, 22:29
the marketing realy needs to be improved, the only reson i came across this little gem was when i was searching for coursework help on the net and acedently pressed the wronge link on google. :rolleyes:, even then i didnt think much about it intill like 8 months later when i was bored after completing avp2 and just remember vagly this site, and bingo :D

Odin
08-07-04, 22:29
I'll see what I can do about getting the 10tacel PR guy a forum account and posting here since everyone seems to be so tuned into the marketing :) No promises though.

james_finn
08-07-04, 22:33
Would definatly be nice to see what they have planned :D Yay thanks for posting Odin, at least we now know that KK knows that Game is planning to sell the game at the moment!

Delphi

Edit: Is it me or are more GMs posting in threads and stuff, Its nice to see that KK is reading the things we post about!

jernau
08-07-04, 22:41
Basically this is just more proof of what I've feared for months.

- No previews in any print mags outside Germany and it's too late to get even a last minute entry now
- Pre-order only available to existing customers and no advantage to doing so
- No retail outlets have heard of it, hence can't order it, hence won't have it on day one if at all
- No "buzz" anywhere online other than from existing players
- No sign of marketing at all anywhere 54 days from launch => unlikely any materials will be in shops in time
- ONE video released so far using the old version of the game
- Company website not even up to date.

Come on KK, make us believe. I can't speak for everyone here but I really want to see this game become truly massive but as it stands I can't see it going anywhere but down. If the launch isn't BIG and memorable then people will be 10x harder to attract in the months after. Right now no-one outisde this forum even knows anything is happening.

Please guys - cheer me up and prove me wrong.

/edit @ Odin - thanks for replying, it would be nice to hear something from them.

Odin
08-07-04, 22:48
Edit: Is it me or are more GMs posting in threads and stuff, Its nice to see that KK is reading the things we post about!

All depends on how busy we are. Today it's a wee bit slow at the moment so I can get away with more forum reading and posting. Most days I can't.

Shadow Dancer
08-07-04, 23:03
Come on KK, make us believe. I can't speak for everyone here but I really want to see this game become truly massive but as it stands I can't see it going anywhere but down. If the launch isn't BIG and memorable then people will be 10x harder to attract in the months after. .

Exactly how I feel. :(

This game has lots of potential.

Opar
08-07-04, 23:06
KK, you have the best MMORPG out there, dont let it go to waste through some mess ups by 10T/BB.

OpTi
08-07-04, 23:17
just so ppl know GAME is EB in the UK they merged at some point sogame and EB are actualy the same company.

Archeus
08-07-04, 23:40
EB are a bit thick (Well here at least).

I asked about city of heroes when it would be available.

"That game doesn't exist"
"Yes it does"
"I have never heard of it"

:rolleyes:

Marx
08-07-04, 23:43
Shipping stuff might not have been settled yet, I doubt there will be a high demand for the game at release... As much as it hurts me to say that... I figure KK's planning on pulling people in over time.

Though I am willing to eat my words on that point. ;)

Anyway, its not a major item although its major to us, it's not odd for shipping stuff to be settled weeks to a month before release.

Omnituens
08-07-04, 23:48
I got NC off the shelf in GAME (was EB at the time) and Dissenter got the other copy.

Thats right. 2 copies in the whole place.

Shadow Dancer
08-07-04, 23:53
I saw about 6 copies at Electronics Boutique way back, that's when I purchased it. I never heard about it. But it was the first fps/rpg that was an online game. AND it was futuristic/post apocalyptic. So that's why I purchased it.

OpTi
08-07-04, 23:55
i got mine from HMV they had about 10 coppies along the shelf wasn't hard to miss but that was at retail release havent seen another copy anywhere

bounty
09-07-04, 00:18
Yep, called babbages, eb,and gamestop, none of them here in the US are even aware of its launch, lets let the PR guys change this eh? Not to hard for them to make a few calls and get our game on the release list.

Magic Sausage
09-07-04, 00:20
I went and sent a letter to EB to see if they will put it in stock it. Hopefully if enuff people E-mail asking about it they will decide to put a little in stock.

I got mine from a gaming center in tulsa, ok... they were supposed to have some big launch... but wasn't there for it... or it never happened... I don't remember.

bounty
09-07-04, 00:24
post emails when you get them and then all of us can hammer them with emails :)

Judge
09-07-04, 00:40
I got mine in Game... was well pissed off with everything as fucking CDV screwed up the release date... Bah humbug. Still, we've got the dudes who did DAoC now, so it should be fine. :D

garyu69
09-07-04, 00:46
My personal opinion is that this game will not be sold in any shops in the UK. BigBen UK has no mention of this game and i bet if you contact them they won't have a clue.

No Major Game sites are tracking this and Gamespress have no mention of this whatsoever.

I have the sad feeling that too much concentration will be placed on the German market when they could make a killing elsewhere. Unless they plan to do a staggered release like they did originally but this will be a bad move IMO.

Cyphor
09-07-04, 01:06
just so ppl know GAME is EB in the UK they merged at some point sogame and EB are actualy the same company.

Actually its not :p Cant remember the name of the owner but he bought the license off eb to use the name in the uk until 2005, when they wanted to re-new the name eb told them they weren’t going to let the as they intend to move into the uk market, so what was eb bought over game and took its name...To cut a long story shot EB will be coming to the uk in the next few years, more competition = good for buyers as more offers etc while they compete :D

Game tend not to like MMO's same with most retailers and they tend to only get large amounts in at release and rarely again. If DOY doesn't get stocked in game it most likely wont be available at any large retailers in the uk, this would be sad as this is where most of the new custom would come from, the odd customer who sees it on a shelf, thinks it looks good and buys it. Very few people will buy it direct from the NC site that dont already know about it imo, most will question why it isn't stocked in shops and see that as a negative point assuming its not good enough.
Saying that the person might have just looked in his marketing book and not actually got in-touch with anyone, not all releases are put in the marketing so it might have just been thought of as too small a release, or perhalps worse they might not even know about the game as they have never been contacted about it!

Imo NC isn't a big enough brand name to be able to sell directly to customers, a game like EQ 2 could pull it off and be successful, NC though needs to be available in shops both in the US and Europe. NC is a good game but if people dont know about it, they wont risk trying it. Also if companies (like Game) have been given info on doy is it being sold as an expansion or a new game? I'd think a new game is a better route as if sales for nc were bad then the small customer base isn't going to encourage them to buy in an expansion.

shodanjr_gr
09-07-04, 01:38

- No previews in any print mags outside Germany and it's too late to get even a last minute entry now
- No retail outlets have heard of it, hence can't order it, hence won't have it on day one if at all
- No sign of marketing at all anywhere 54 days from launch => unlikely any materials will be in shops in time

Come on KK, make us believe. I can't speak for everyone here but I really want to see this game become truly massive but as it stands I can't see it going anywhere but down. If the launch isn't BIG and memorable then people will be 10x harder to attract in the months after. Right now no-one outisde this forum even knows anything is happening.

/edit @ Odin - thanks for replying, it would be nice to hear something from them.

What he said... Muchos, muuuuuucchos PIE eerr....i mean respect from me dude!

NeoChick
09-07-04, 04:08
Most people probably buy on the net but they go to big game dealers like EB etc and none of those have even heard of Neocron DOY.

Then I advertise it like crazy on other forums and in online conversations with people and they try to find it and what do they find? They go to Neocron official homepage and it tells them
"Download and try Neocron for free" or they can purchase it at bargain bin price of USD9.90"
They say: what, an ancient old game nobody every heard of at bargain bin price - forget it

Newcomers don't even know the distinction betwenn DOY and the original Neocron. There is no big banner advertising DOY even on the Neocron website, you have to search on that website for some reference to DOY.

This is very sad! Once again Neocron will remain "Neo what?" to most people

SypH
09-07-04, 04:40
Actually its not :p Cant remember the name of the owner but he bought the license off eb to use the name in the uk until 2005, when they wanted to re-new the name eb told them they weren’t going to let the as they intend to move into the uk market, so what was eb bought over game and took its name...To cut a long story shot EB will be coming to the uk in the next few years, more competition = good for buyers as more offers etc while they compete :D
I dont know were you got your info but it's wrong dude. EB in the UK bought over GAME back in 1999 I think (I just started working for them about then). The only reason they changed all the stores to game was so they could attempt to buy out of the contract they had with EB in the US to use the EB name. Up until the name change they were paying EB US 1% of their yearly profits, but the courts decided that the EB UK (now officially just plain GAME) will have to honour the contract up until its origional end date. It had nothing to do with EBgames wanting to move to the UK market. They were the ones who brought in legal action when EB Uk wanted to change name and end the contract.

Cyphor
09-07-04, 04:47
I dont know were you got your info but it's wrong dude. EB in the UK bought over GAME back in 1999 I think (I just started working for them about then). The only reason they changed all the stores to game was so they could attempt to buy out of the contract they had with EB in the US to use the EB name. Up until the name change they were paying EB US 1% of their yearly profits, but the courts decided that the EB UK (now officially just plain GAME) will have to honour the contract up until its origional end date. It had nothing to do with EBgames wanting to move to the UK market. They were the ones who brought in legal action when EB Uk wanted to change name and end the contract.

Im working for them currently and thats the story i've been told from those above me :angel: Apparently EB intend to branch into the UK not sure when, mabey its just a rumour but like i said thats what i've been told.

SypH
09-07-04, 04:49
You were told wrong mate. I've been with the company going on 5 years now. All the stores were emailed with the full details a few days before it was ifficially announced to the press and shareholders. I have a knack for remembering useless details like this.....shame I never remember important things=/

Lareolan
09-07-04, 05:06
I got my copy in a Canadian EB... It was the only copy, was waaaay up on the ceiling where no one can see it and wedged behind some penny games (yes, I think EB thought "Hoyle" was better view than 'cron). But I did get it with a discount because it was the last one and they couldn't sell it off before I went in. :D

But really, as always I am highly skeptical... Is it me or does it smell like CDV all over again? (Not even a mention on any game websites! And those are desparate for content usually!)

Necrosadistic
09-07-04, 05:52
The original Cron had a kickass preview in PC Zone... Its what made me look at whats going on with it all the time...

I forgot about it as i was not taken into Beta, and missed open Beta, but found it again later...

But there really should be something advertising it already!

Anyway, Game stocks plenty of dead end games that don't sell, ever...

I don't see why they wouldn't stock NC... The one in Camden has loads of copies of EVE online for example...

sanityislost
09-07-04, 11:26
Hmmmmm maybe KK are gona launch the game only in stores in germany on
the 1st but allow people to also get it from the site. Then later in the year
launch it in the UK and US. From what ive seen most MMO's dont do a world
launch. For example US got SWG, FF online and CoH before anyone but if you
lived in the Europe you could/can order it from the site.

SiL ..:..

LTA
09-07-04, 11:57
i got one copy from GAME the other from a small pc shop thats closed down now (snagged it in a clearence sale for a tenner)
The guy at the counter of game said "Neocron, you sure you want this, if you like mmorpgs theres better games like EverQuest"

I was like huh.... my response "Nah mate EQ is shit and none of my mates play it"

-REMUS-
09-07-04, 12:52
My local privately owned computer shop still has the NC poster up!

Clownst0pper
09-07-04, 12:54
EB and GAME are owned by the same people.

However, they kept the GAME name in the UK as EB in america was 2 established for it to have a name change.

And the same for the title "GAME" in the UK.

Darak
09-07-04, 15:03
The original Cron had a kickass preview in PC Zone...

PC Zone claim they are going to do a decent review when BDOY comes out, might be nice talk to them in advance of BDOY's _actual_ release.....

sn8
09-07-04, 15:23
EB (US) and Game are not the same company.

When there was EB (UK) just franchised the name from the US to get a brand name into the UK. At the same time there was a company called GAME in the UK which EB (UK) bought and ran the 2 names side by side. This was while they were waiting for the franchise agreement to run out. Then the just changed the name of all the EB's to GAME so they would not have to pay the millions to have the EB name.

GAME will not stock NC:BDoY because they prob wont sell that many copies of it. Not worth the time. They did origionaly stock NC (where I got my copy from) but it did take a year to clear out the stock (Only because it was discouted to £4.99). I'm gonna order mine from where ever I can, but to sell a MMORPG u have to have a few things.

1) A stable client.
2) Reliable Servers with little or no lag.
3) Evolving Content.

The average person will not pay for a game in which they will get dumpped back to desktop more than twice a week. Make it frustrating for them. Servers Crashing or suffering from major lag when there is more than 20 people in the zone fighting is a biggie. More content, and the story changing with new challenges, suck as quests, weapons, new areas to explore, regular expansions. Thats what poeple look for. Thats why a lot of retailers will not be stocking it as the competition is tbh a lot better. Also I dothink the subscription is WAY to cheap. I'd pay more and get better service than atm. Most other MMORPG's cost more and u can c where the money goes.

I remember when I started this game it did not lag u out all the time. I almost never got a FRE. Now I come to expect it. I'm happy when I dont zone crash. Still love the game but now I play other games, like CoH because its fun to play.

Well I ranted too much...

Peace

SN

Original monk
09-07-04, 15:51

you say you cant speak for everyone Jernau, but i completely agree with ya on every line ya mentioned here ...

im in fear, think about the fact that everyone expects dOy to be THE ultimate gamingexperience ... whatever problem there is now: same answer everytime is: Thats gonna be fixed with dOy ...

So dOy better be extremely good lol, otherwise many people (... the last one here that is) gonna loose there faith :/

Not even talking about that there should be a rise in numbers ... amount of players that is ... or the viscious circle continues (aiming at the nihil amount of promotion anyone saw till now, except the nice trailer yeah, but a trailer wont do everything)

Ok, things im saying here is seen true tick dark glasses :/ not really positive ... but again as Jernau said: Please, prove the opposite, for the wellbeing of this community ...

Ok, i understand this brings pressure, well use that pressure for the good :)

-FN-
11-07-04, 06:16

That's right on the money there. Sad, but right on. If I knew how to give reputation points, I would :p

Like I said, I emailed EB the other day:

I would like to pre-order the game Neocron: Beyond Dome of York but
can't seem to find it on your website. The game is scheduled to be
released 09/01.

Any info is appreciated :)

Sincerely,
-C. Marcera

Got a reply today:

Hello C.,

Thank you for contacting EBgames.com.

Unfortunately EBgames.com does not currently have any information
regarding the product you have inquired about. You will have to contact
the manufacturer for any further details.

If you require further assistance, we are available 7 days a week from 8
AM to Midnight EST.

Best Regards,
James
EBgames.com

The game is being released in less than two months and the US's biggest game distributor "does not have any information" on what I'm asking about... yeah... But I bet they information on most of these games being release at the same time and LATER than DoY:

(From MMORPG.com (http://www.mmorpg.com)'s Upcoming releases on their main page)
Outpost (09/01/04)
The Saga of Ryzom (09/15/04)
Face of Mankind (09/30/04)
World of Warcraft (09/30/04)
Dragon Empires (10/01/04)
EverQuest II (10/01/04)
Guild Wars (10/01/04)
Pirates of the Burning Sea (10/01/04)
The Matrix Online (11/01/04)

So you have to ask yourself, why is this game, which they've postponed for SO LONG, claiming this was their big chance to remarket NC, without CDV, the RIGHT way... completely unknown to the biggest game retailers? and nary a gaming/mmorpg website has it listed, the list above point in case?

At this point, and I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but realistic, all signs point to DoY failing miserably in the realm of population count. It will be everything awesome NC is and more, it will have updated graphics, more content, and it will be KICK ASS as a game... but it will fail as a marketable game for the masses. Like jernau, I hope I'm proven wrong :(

KK, I don't know who's job it is for these companies to be in-the-know and eagerly antcipating the release of YOUR product. I thought it was 10tacel's as they've replaced CDV - but whoever is responsible - needs to get on the ball. Unless of course you don't care about the millions of lazy-ass, video-game addicted college kids over here in North America. If you're only goal is to make a few Euro countries play and we're feeding off the tablescraps, fine, you're heading in the right direction :p

-- Edit --
Oh yeah, and for the love of God - speaking of realistic - will you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ONLY OPEN SERVERS UP AS THE POPULATION NEEDS IT. One of the biggest faults in the development of Neocron was the number of opening servers to population ratio. Then another English server was opened up later on... after the population started going down o_O The servers need 500+ on them at peak times and no less than 100-150 at the off-peak times. If the counts are lower than this on the servers, THERE ARE TOO MANY SERVERS. You could easily say now that, no there aren't too many servers, but not enough players... but that logic is a total copout.

Remove servers = Increase the population counts on the remaining servers
More populated servers, even tho less servers = more fun on the remaining servers
More fun = the game has a better repuation
Better reputation = More people will come
More people = oh look, time to open up that new server because the server populations are OVER what we hoped for.

k, now I'm really going to bed - aggravated, but going to bed nonetheless

Mattimeo
11-07-04, 08:33
MMORPG.com doesn't list expansions in their upcomign titles list. several games have expansions coming out (including FFXI and Neocron) that are not listed.

But yes, noone but KK seems to know they have an expansion coming out. Great job :rolleyes: or maybe they're just planning to miss the release date and don't want another massive backlash?

I'm just trying to find a reason for not only dropping the ball, but letting it go flat too.

mishkin
11-07-04, 10:49
Frank Holz and Marcel Jung join 10tacel as Director of Marketing and Product Manager respectively.

Darmstadt, July 1st, 2004. The Darmstadt-based developer and co-publisher 10tacel studios AG is reinforcing its marketing team by employing two new staff members. As of today, Frank Holz is in charge of the business fields Marketing & Sales. Product Manager Marcel Jung will be responsible for the coordination of product and PR specific marketing activities.
Holz, an industrial engineer, began his career as a marketing consultant with the Daimler Benz subsidiary debis Marketing-Services. After three years, the now 36-year-old changed jobs, working as a product manager for Mannesmann Mobilfunk for the next two years, before joining ATARI in 1998, where he was promoted to Marketing Director after only one year.

(taken from 10tacel's news-section)

Now, every single unique thing that ATARI ever made, was shot down due to lack of marketing... now, if someone even remotely connected to them is handling the sales of neocron, it makes me very sceptic about ever seeing it on any shelves 8|

{MD}GeistDamnit
11-07-04, 11:13
I'll see what I can do about getting the 10tacel PR guy a forum account and posting here since everyone seems to be so tuned into the marketing :) No promises though.

dosent a "10tacel" worker allready have an account here? I swear I seen him in the forum user list a few times. :wtf:

Rith
11-07-04, 12:44
From what I recall (and i may be well off on this) didn't they say they were putting DOY back to sept for largely commercial/marketing reasons.

Bar the IGN peeks, I've not seen any other major NC advertisements... perhaps KK could sticky any of their other activities at the top of the forum. If nothing else at least we (as both consumers and an interested party) can offer a full and frank opinion on their quality.

That sort of market testing usually costs... with this forum KK could get it for free (near enough).

Benjie
11-07-04, 13:04
Spending far too much time on the forums, I can safely tell you that the marketing of DoY is one of the biggest issues at the moment within the Neocron community.
It's related to all the Pluto and playerbase threads, the upcoming release of DoY, and the future of an mmorpg which well over a thousand people enjoy.
I personally crave information for my satisfaction that Beyond Dome of York will be advertised in a better way than Neocron was.
The reason for all the delays was to find a better publisher and to further develop the expansion correct? We anticipate Beyond Dome of York, but we also want to see positive use made of the delay time. We want to see results. Marketing. Advertisment, & playerbase.

QuantumDelta
11-07-04, 14:12
-FN- and Jernau basically covered what I was talking about in the Trailer thread.

----

KK You need to kick 10T / Bigben -- if not, can I have contact details to do so, because as it stands right now, outside of germany, you're sunk, and unless you want this mmorpg to become a 'gmmorpg' -- I'd do something about it, your active playerbase is continually shrinking from what has been shown over the last year or two, not that that's the opposite of most MMORPGs mind..

--
You have a GOOD PRODUCT (comparatively anyway .. minus bugs) HERE! -- It will almost sell itself, it just needs media attention!

Quite Seriously, from a kid who was involved in a great deal of gaming magazines for a few years (no, not just buying.. my mates published our own, which NMS/NOM picked up on and showed us the ropes heh we got to visit the canary worf and given links into the industry..shame the school shut us down..) and therefore a lot of the marketing and reviewing/previewing that most games go through; MMORPGs will not get fair/real review/previews if they aren't given a long berth with which to do so _EVER_ -- You had reviews of people not even getting out into the wastelands, well for the release of BDOY it doesn't look like you're even going to have THAT.

So please give someone a kick in the arse -- this isn't a game that deserves to fail.

Benjie
11-07-04, 19:32
----

KK You need to kick 10T / Bigben -- if not, can I have contact details to do so, because as it stands right now, outside of germany, you're sunk, and unless you want this mmorpg to become a 'gmmorpg' -- I'd do something about it, your active playerbase is continually shrinking from what has been shown over the last year or two, not that that's the opposite of most MMORPGs mind..

--
You have a GOOD PRODUCT (comparatively anyway .. minus bugs) HERE! -- It will almost sell itself, it just needs media attention!

Quite Seriously, from a kid who was involved in a great deal of gaming magazines for a few years (no, not just buying.. my mates published our own, which NMS/NOM picked up on and showed us the ropes heh we got to visit the canary worf and given links into the industry..shame the school shut us down..) and therefore a lot of the marketing and reviewing/previewing that most games go through; MMORPGs will not get fair/real review/previews if they aren't given a long berth with which to do so _EVER_ -- You had reviews of people not even getting out into the wastelands, well for the release of BDOY it doesn't look like you're even going to have THAT.

So please give someone a kick in the arse -- this isn't a game that deserves to fail.
Quoted for emphasis. KK must read his post.

(I think it's about time I gave QuantumDelta his much deserved Positive Rep.)

LiL T
11-07-04, 19:38
The only way there gonna stock it is when they see it advertised imo