PDA

View Full Version : What do these 2 things do?

Crono
08-07-04, 20:30
Strange Book is the first thing, what is it? i found one the other day and have no idea what it is.

Also, what is this spirit mod i heard about, i hear it was ingame, then removed? Can anyone fill me in on what it was, where it use to come from, and what weapons would it fit on?

Thanks alot guys :)

-Crono

SilentEye
08-07-04, 20:31
Strange Book, no idea.

Spirit Mod, this is a ammo mod which you place on your sniper rifle, your sniper then does less damage but removed the Shelter from the Target.

plague
08-07-04, 20:42
strange book was origenaly put in for terminator run but since they coulnd't get drope rate right they just left it like this hanging till they fix it and put terminator in in teche's, i got one too and i keep it for just for funn maby theyll fix it some day :rolleyes:

Crono
08-07-04, 20:44
Terminator run? im guessing it use to be a quest item, and the book was an item you needed for the quest?

thanks man :)

-Crono

Maarten
09-07-04, 01:06
The Spirit mod can only be used in a Silent Hunter. And you have to have Spirit Rounds ammo to use the mod. That ammo cannot be researched/cloned (afaik).

You could get the Spirit mod and some ammo from a GM playing as a sniper who is roaming the wastelands if you could kill him and loot his belt.

jernau
09-07-04, 01:18
It's recyclable now.

capt-o
09-07-04, 06:54
Yea apparently the Strange Books were going to be used to start the run, had to hand it to a NPC somewhere.

And the Spirit Mods can be used on any sniper rifle (someone on saturn had one on a B1 :confused: ) They remove the Shelter spell effect.