PDA

View Full Version : Tank PA questions

Crono
08-07-04, 19:46
Heya guys, ive been meening to ask this for a while, but i wasnt shure exactly if what i was rembering was correct.

I see that since i came back all the PA colors are different, my lvl2 PA isnt Blue anymore, they made M-C PA's that are blue instead. Now it seems they just start in light colors and get darker (Kinda sucks, was looking foward to wearing the diff color ones, having diff shades doesnt show that much, unless its really noticable?). Are the top end PA's still the origonal colors or just darker versions of the lower lvl ones. And did they remove a PA? seems there is just 1 above mine now (str 115) but i rember mine being blue, and there also being a yellow and a red one above me, but now i only see 1 above?

Thanks guys

-Crono

Clownst0pper
08-07-04, 19:47
H-C PA's and there str requirments are all the same, from 90 to 135 like melee.

Melee however is the only coloured versions, blue.

The level 4 PA's of both versions arent black like people make out, there charcoal, and look AWFUL.

Camo PA for melee and H-C is TL 115, and still looks the best.

Crono
08-07-04, 19:59
aww man :( anyone have a pic of the Charcoal lookin PA? I hope it doesnt look that bad >< (does the melee one have a tint of blue in it? )

hehe, was kinda lookin foward to wearing yellow and red PA's ><

Thanks though man :)

-Crono

[EDIT]

Wait a min, wasnt there a Atr req 155 one way back, i thought that was the Red one?

Clownst0pper
08-07-04, 20:04
only goes to 135, the melee PA leading up to the level 115 one are blue.

The others are just light grey, charcoal for the 135 str ones, and camo.

Crono
08-07-04, 20:12
cool, thanks man :)

But am i going insane?

There was 4 colors back in the day, or atleast im pretty shure there were :( Gray, Blue, Yellow, then Red.
Gray was Str 95, then Blue was Str 115, Yellow was like 130 or 135, and the Red i think was around 145-155. (only acually seen worn when a GMs spawned it and wore it)

-Crono

n3m
08-07-04, 20:56
yep they changed it all.
Those colors were sexy :(
There was a thread with a poll about bringing those colors back, not too long ago..
Someone hacked a level 1 mc pa not too long ago and threw it on the ground. It's funny how people go WTF? O_o when I was wearing it.
Later on I saw Ezza was using the blue pa aswell :)

zoning bugs are getting annoying now :|

http://members.chello.nl/hjw.heezen/J/sexycsmonk.jpg

Crono
08-07-04, 21:04
Ahh :)

What do u mean by hacked a lvl 1 PA though? :D

-Crono

n3m
08-07-04, 21:07
from a quickbelt :)

Seven
08-07-04, 21:32
AH, that explains the time someone followed me into my apy lift and said
"WTF, you have a construction tool in slot 1?"

I was like o_O and logged off.

ezza
09-07-04, 12:20
Later on I saw Ezza was using the blue pa aswell

yar its ][)anks fault, i saw him wearing it, asked why, once he explained i decided to give it ago, though i need a constant supply of Beast to keep on wfighting with it on

as for the PA4 color if noones posted a pic of it by the time i get home ill post one of my pics

edit red was 155, used to be able to wear back when drugs stacked

n3m
09-07-04, 12:25
shame his name gets spanked with the name filter :(
I was using beast aswell when I was wearing it, I was using beast before that because I did not wear any PA. but it's getting a bit expensive :<
Like 6+ beasts per night at 11k a pop = Grimal is 1mill poorer =/

ezza
09-07-04, 12:27
ya not sure but i think someon has already got Dank spelt normally as well

lol ya i got a supply of 30 right now but i either have to go cloning or get some made.

but i guess thats the way it should be with drugged up char, always looking for there next fix lol

slaughteruall
09-07-04, 12:36
ya not sure but i think someon has already got Dank spelt normally as well

lol ya i got a supply of 30 right now but i either have to go cloning or get some made.

but i guess thats the way it should be with drugged up char, always looking for there next fix lol

heh i got my tank a supply of 250 a few weeks ago. Still going strong.

Slaughter

winnoc
09-07-04, 12:56
Whoah, you wankers!

My melee spy is doing all these to go into combat:

Thyronol, X-strong, Beast, redflash, and the psi drug.

It's not the money that hurts, it's the drugflash after :-) I'm guaranteed to be on my knees, not being able to pull out a weapon or stealthtool.

slaughteruall
09-07-04, 13:16
Whoah, you wankers!

My melee spy is doing all these to go into combat:

Thyronol, X-strong, Beast, redflash, and the psi drug.

It's not the money that hurts, it's the drugflash after :-) I'm guaranteed to be on my knees, not being able to pull out a weapon or stealthtool.

GIMP

Slaughter

winnoc
09-07-04, 13:20
I just love the look on people's faces as they see this 51/59 "tank" in NPCD armor with a blue laserblade. They think oh shit, it's a melee pe as i slap on the shelter, and then when i stealth they go "HAXXOR!!!!!!".

Honestly, it's so much fun to play with. Tried to roleplay the char, but noone seems to want to do that on saturn.

Teal'c
09-07-04, 13:27
here is the lvl 4 PA HC TANK (135 STR)

slaughteruall
09-07-04, 13:29
I just love the look on people's faces as they see this 51/59 "tank" in NPCD armor with a blue laserblade. They think oh shit, it's a melee pe as i slap on the shelter, and then when i stealth they go "HAXXOR!!!!!!".

Honestly, it's so much fun to play with. Tried to roleplay the char, but noone seems to want to do that on saturn.

heh that would be classic. Yeah not that many RPers on saturn these days. I used to RP a little but not to much on saturn. I went to pluto to RP and also when i got tired of the multi-faction (multi enemies to each other) zerg that was going on back in TT's prime. Nothing like seeing CM/TG/FA/CS/hell even other TT fighting against you as a TT. A little on the odd side. Then again you remember those days you were there next to me.

Slaughter

winnoc
09-07-04, 14:06
Hehehe, those were the days. It taught me to watch my back at all times :-)
And also it made me put a big cross over red-green-yellow rules on my priority list.

DAMN that black pa looks sexy :-)
I wonder if there is still a way to acquire tiger blood or nightshade on saturn, as i would love to get that pa on.

ezza
09-07-04, 14:13
nightshade is the one from the shaman so yes thats still avalible.

however drugging up to use armour aint viable not to the extent you need to do for that set.

plus the gimpage imp wise aint worth it imo and remember with the - to agili or ath(forget which) you will be running like a snail, unless you heavily over spec it, and then you will be gimped in your resists, except energy since PA does give good energy resits.

of course this is just speculation as i aint tried to setup a PA4 tank

Original monk
09-07-04, 14:20
tiger blood or nightshade on saturn.

tigerblood gonna be real hard to find i think, i gave my last 10 tigerbloods to angeldust be4 ... and he bought the rest of the full server ... so actually saturn is outta tigerblood now :)

well except for angeldustbe4 who now has all whats left off funny drug ...

ya can say that he made it rare, artificially but yeah ... its extremely rare now :)

its always possible that 1 or 2 rare collectors on saturn still have some yeah ... but as soon as they sell it im sure angeldust will buy/outbid it anyways :)

and about the PA, i used it yeah when it was still possible on a decent way ... very nice shiny black armour, not alot people afforded it to gimp themselves for it but it was worth it, and extremely fun :)

the only PA i ever wear on my tank btw :) yust cause of its nice colour

slaughteruall
09-07-04, 14:21
nightshade is the one from the shaman so yes thats still avalible.

however drugging up to use armour aint viable not to the extent you need to do for that set.

plus the gimpage imp wise aint worth it imo and remember with the - to agili or ath(forget which) you will be running like a snail, unless you heavily over spec it, and then you will be gimped in your resists, except energy since PA does give good energy resits.

of course this is just speculation as i aint tried to setup a PA4 tank

I dont feel that PA4 is viable for any class. Well besides those damn PE's. It's always to gimpy. Hell PA3 is pretty gimpy also. But it does have good benefits.

Slaughter

winnoc
09-07-04, 14:28
Damn, would be so funny to have tiger blood back in the game, as i have designed a whole new melee spy setup around it, involving a marine cpu.
All based on 10 min drugs. (which is combat viable)
It's like taking the spy to the extreme :-)

Hmmm, seems like i can do the pa4 but i'll have to drug up with nightshade and beast all the time to get it on again.

ezza
09-07-04, 14:42
and about the PA, i used it yeah when it was still possible on a decent way ... very nice shiny black armour, not alot people afforded it to gimp themselves for it but it was worth it, and extremely fun you and apocalypse were the only tanks i ever saw wearing PA4 and fight with it on, i saw OTIS with it on but in plaza.

so hard to say if its worth the gimpage to use it, but the i would say not, even more so if you have to use a rare drug.

i wouldnt mind if it was only 1 drug liek beast to keep it on , i could live with that

winnoc
09-07-04, 14:51
Well, you can do that, even without rare drugs.

Imps: Moveon or zerk2, zerk3, marine, hercules, backbone3.

which gives a capped cahr 124.

Add thyronol, x-strong and beast (+3 +4 +5) = 136, enough to get pa on.

Let the two first drugs wear off, but keep beast on as long as you want to wear the pa.
You'll be doing a steady 137 strength with it.

Now if only we could get another epic chip that gave +3 str :-)

Original monk
09-07-04, 16:19
Now if only we could get another epic chip that gave +3 str :-)

like a HC eye that does + 3 str and +10 hc ? :P

Crono
09-07-04, 18:48
Yes, H-C eye.

Man i still couldnt believe that there wasnt one still even with all those new DoY eyes :P

-Crono