PDA

View Full Version : Whats your opinion on clan funds being empty due to the saturn crash yesterday?

WebShock
08-07-04, 13:02
I like it.

Due to a few exploiters the saturn economy is screwed. cursed souls that are worth trading for go no cheaper than 10 million, mc5 chips require u buy a clan key so you can deposit the funds into that bank since they cost more than 20 million.

its absurd. moveons and PPRs are selling for 7+ million 0.o

those damn noob doy eyes that barely do shit for you are going for no less than 200k

wtf???? remember when that last part you so desperatly needed was no more than 250 k? guess what? i hope you dont desperately need it now, its gonna cost ya anywhere from 1-5 million. For one damn tech part!

Doesnt that piss you off?

Did you happen to see the info list of the richest players in Saturn?
Thanks to KK the worst (richest) one is banned now. Still, there are players out there who have more than 300 million in their accounts.

IMO these are the ppl who are making NC credits worthless.

Getting to the point, I say, dont restore clan funds. I myself lost 60 million in yesterday's crash.

I will be more than glad to let it go if this stabilizes the economy and drops the inflation rate to a more reasonable and appealing level that noobs can compete in as well as the seasoned scrooge who never spends a credit in hopes for the big item he can purchase with his life savings.
Right now, when someone comes into the game fresh, there arent any constructers in plaza yelling that they are selling multi slotted noob guns or warbot junk collectors selling rare implants they happened to have looted. Its really a shame, the trade community is crap right now. we need to taylor to more than just the capped high end player.
Your thoughts?

Selendor
08-07-04, 13:07
Something tells me many players won't share your benevolent attitude. Applaud you for suggesting it though.

Clownst0pper
08-07-04, 13:08
I like it also, phoenix had 70million, its all gone now, but we never used it anyway.

slaughteruall
08-07-04, 13:13
Yeah let the money go. I didn't lose any but still. It would really help out in the long run. Sure it will piss people off but oh well.

Slaughter

SynC_187
08-07-04, 13:26
I agree. Although Saturn seems to be the worst, I've recently started playing on Uranus as well. I didn't do any cross server trades or anything.

Starting from nothing is very hard. I have my tank up to 94 str with imps and PA and I'm still using a long laserblade 2 because I can't afford anything else.

I've started hunting for techs, as they are the only thing that most people are really interested in trading, but its going to take quite a while to get established.

Tradeskillers are quite hard to come by, and with the new weapon recipies, even building n00b weapons is expensive. I found that sometimes, by the time I had enough cash for one weapon, I had leveled enough to use the next one up, which of course I couldn't afford.

Its a lot harder now than when I first started, and this could be the downfall of BDoY. We want new players, but if they can't afford anything, they are going to lose interest very quickly.

Even if a few people threaten to leave over it, hopefully more will stay in the long run because of it.

rob444
08-07-04, 13:40
reset the server completely :p

DonnyJepp
08-07-04, 13:45
On our "clan info" screen it says the right 39 million creds info. On "Clan Admin->money" it's zero'd out.

Not really cool. I'm not even going to log in for a few days, I'm afraid if I check my tech parts apartments i'll start crying at what I find.

SynC_187
08-07-04, 14:08
On our "clan info" screen it says the right 39 million creds info. On "Clan Admin->money" it's zero'd out.

Not really cool. I'm not even going to log in for a few days, I'm afraid if I check my tech parts apartments i'll start crying at what I find.

My appartments were fine 12 hours ago.

winnoc
08-07-04, 14:13
I'm getting kind of sick of the damn saturn server crashing and shit getting lost all the time.

If it happens one more time i'm making uranus my permanent server instead of my vacation server.

Maloch Octavia
08-07-04, 14:36
I love it, although it reeks of conspiracy, I couldn't have thought of a better way to do it.

Long live the black helicopters and men in suits, this is a great day when the economy on Saturn has returned, somewhat, to normality.

DON'T FIX THE CLAN CASH!

Ozzon
08-07-04, 14:36
Money on Saturn is almost worthless, i started playing on this server lately and i must say that this really hurts new players.

LiL T
08-07-04, 14:42
Now no one has over 20 M :lol:

Sobi
08-07-04, 15:37
WTF!
Now I dont have almost any cash at all, cause everything was put into clan fund. lol
All chars together might have about 2 Mill... rofl. That sux!

So only 0,025 % of all the cash left. Wow... im poor again, after a long time and cant afford shit anymore.

Benjie
08-07-04, 15:39
I like it, even though I don't play on saturn. If the same happened to all servers it would be a blessing.

However, I'm quiting Neocron the second I see Martin without a relex.

Birkoff
08-07-04, 15:41
You would want it to go, your not one of the ppl that put the work in to get it(i bet u made it doing apcs). MOney will go when DOY coes and ppl spend 100 mil doing up there apartment :)

ezza
08-07-04, 16:14
bearing in mind what web said up there, i would say leave it.

though maybe im biased as all my money(5mil if your interested)is on my char.

but if it clears up the economy and reduces the prices some then im all for it.

buying all your CS/Dev/Rav parts for 50k :D

Original monk
08-07-04, 16:31
well, it was still an accident so actually they gotta fix it ... bear in mind all the work that was put in to get the cash ... not everyone made troops or sumthing ... also clans holding OP's and such ... constructors making weapons, cash out of techparthunting ...

myself personally i wouldnt mind leaving it as it is: wiped

but it yust wouldnt be honest ...

i think there should be a solution to the economyproblem ... but this accidental wipe probably isnt the ideal way ...

a regular wipe isnt ideal also or everyone would start buying parts and any worthy stuff like crazy ... in advance ffourse ...

actually i allready did this so i dont have alot of "cash" ... yust what i need to come round with my chars ... but then ya risk that the next rollback wipes every appartment and then ya DO loose all youre stuff :/

its like making a choise between cancer and the plague :/

there is no doubt tough that the saturnserver its economy should be fixed drastically ...

as a new player/newbie : every chip that you badly need to level up or pvp yust costs TONS and TONS ... impossible to gather as a noob ...

this is gonna be the number 1 problem in the near future i guess ... if it isnt that allready :/

Maloch Octavia
08-07-04, 16:39
Our Clan was hit fairly hard, because the few million we had in the Clan account, was gained through hard graft.
However, at the end of the day, personal characters, we all have a few million on us, so we can all chip back in for everyone in the Clan, and it's true, prices will return to normal, if this stays this way.

I sincerely hope it does, there was no other way to fix the economy, asides from disgustingly huge moneysinks, which the apartments, I doubt would provide.

Yay for mistakes!

giga191
08-07-04, 16:39
They should have money cap on clan funds. I'd also like to say that I don't feel sorry for people who use a clan as their own personal bank account coz it's basically exploiting.

ezza
08-07-04, 16:48
if we actually had a neocron bank clans wouldnt of needed to be used to store such vast amounts of money

n3m
08-07-04, 16:49
buying all your CS/Dev/Rav parts for 50k :Doh remember the days? 500k for a 4slotted lib :x
10k for an Earp :lol:
selling unIDeds for 45k

whatever is going to happen to the economy, I doubt it will straigthen out. People are used to paying insane amount for stuff, and if one does it the rest will follow :(

I dont have much money, when I do I usually buy stuff from shops, pay even more than I already do for pokes and I'm skint within 10mins :|

sWaTs
08-07-04, 16:51
I don't feel sorry for people who use a clan as their own personal bank account coz it's basically exploiting.
W H A T ?
O_o
I created a clan for all my tradeskillerz to get access to the clanfunds (and cabinets) with each one of them res, brt, rep and cst....

Why should this be considered exploiting?

BTW: About 100 Mil will be gone and i dont have any money on my chars.would be a reason to look for a new game i think...
Fix the economy ... yes
but let a bug "solve" the problem by stealing money just of some players... NO !!!

giga191
08-07-04, 16:52
W H A T ?
O_o
I created a clan for all my tradeskillerz to get access to the clanfunds (and cabinets) with each one of them res, brt, rep and cst....

Why should this be considered exploiting?

BTW: About 100 Mil will be gone and i dont have any money on my chars.would be a reason to look for a new game i think...
Fix the economy ... yes
but let a bug "solve" the problem by stealing money just of some players... NO !!!
It's called a clan fund for a reason.

WebShock
08-07-04, 16:56
You would want it to go, your not one of the ppl that put the work in to get it(i bet u made it doing apcs). MOney will go when DOY coes and ppl spend 100 mil doing up there apartment :)

actually thats exactly what i did to get my first 15 million. after that i gambled on the stockx a bit and when the economy got completely out of control i started selling my uber weapons to get the 60 mil i had. i got all my money legit thank you so please dont assume otherwise.

I had no choice but to follow the trend because the 15 mil i got from making apc's got get me a whole bunch of medkits or psi boosters. thats it. i couldnt get anything rare or worthy with it.

i came at a big loss like any other hard working trader. im willing to cut my loss if it makes the economy reasonable

sWaTs
08-07-04, 17:00
It's called a clan fund for a reason
so....what?
u mean just different ppl playing on differnt chars should be able to use this feature? And not the same person playing different chars?

why?

BTW: I could have split my money easily between all my chars but why should i do that when i can have access to all money with every char....Just to make it more difficult for a single person to play this game?

Maloch Octavia
08-07-04, 17:33
Money isn't everything, our Clan lost what we had worked hard for, but ho hum.

fatwreck
08-07-04, 17:44
well, it was still an accident so actually they gotta fix it ...

i didnt get any of my lost stuff when i lost my backpacks and that was an accident. i would like to see it go since my noob on saturn who has a decent amount of money (1.2 mil) cant even buy slotted blessed buffs where as a few months ago high slotted holy heals were under a mil from what i remeber. saturns economy is tailored to people who take full advantage of the ability to have lots of money and are capped, and not the noobs who need to actually buy stuff. i had some guy try and charge me 250k for 15 resses of a TL70 something spell, and im still pretty low lvl so i shouldnt even have money.

slaughteruall
08-07-04, 17:49
i didnt get any of my lost stuff when i lost my backpacks and that was an accident. i would like to see it go since my noob on saturn who has a decent amount of money (1.2 mil) cant even buy slotted blessed buffs where as a few months ago high slotted holy heals were under a mil from what i remeber. saturns economy is tailored to people who take full advantage of the ability to have lots of money and are capped, and not the noobs who need to actually buy stuff. i had some guy try and charge me 250k for 15 resses of a TL70 something spell, and im still pretty low lvl so i shouldnt even have money.

Yeah things on saturn are way over priced. Loosing the money is really the only way to solve the problem. Depending on your faction and what kind of slot's your looking for i might be able to hook you up. When i batch build i dont keep anything less then 4 slots, well depends the item really.

Slaughte

hivemind
08-07-04, 17:54
Clan funds are wiped?

OUTSTANDING!

Even though my clan lost about 10 million (I know, small potatoes for most of you, but for us it was a lot) I don't care. The server needed something like this, please don't fix it.

Xaru
08-07-04, 17:56
Did all the clans loos their money, because i can see lots of money on the citycom info terminal.

Well, if the information is still there, we will probably get a refund :)

Xaru

Judge
08-07-04, 18:02
Hmmm... interesting, very interesting.

Personally, I think that this might be good in the long run. I mean, I don't give a shit as all the money I have is 5mil on my main character. Hopefully this will make the economy loads better for a while at least.

ezza
08-07-04, 18:04
hahaha what you recon, another roll back :lol:

Lucius Drake
08-07-04, 18:11
Hmmm gotta say that i want it restored. Myself and a few others have been putting any money spare into clan funds for over a year and had over 30 mil. This money was to allow us to be able to buy what we wanted and get on with playing and enjoying the game.

Almost all my chars cash was in clan funds and now finding money to Gr is a problem. I agree that the economy on saturn is a problem but there should be a fix that doesnt make casual players in a small clan loose everything they worked hard for.

slaughteruall
08-07-04, 18:17
Hmmm gotta say that i want it restored. Myself and a few others have been putting any money spare into clan funds for over a year and had over 30 mil. This money was to allow us to be able to buy what we wanted and get on with playing and enjoying the game.

Almost all my chars cash was in clan funds and now finding money to Gr is a problem. I agree that the economy on saturn is a problem but there should be a fix that doesnt make casual players in a small clan loose everything they worked hard for.

Another option would be to only give back a portion of it. Say 1 million for every 10 million or so 100k for every million basically. That would still help the economy out alot. And not hurt the casual people in the long run.

Slaughter

Massacre**
08-07-04, 18:18
are they gonna give us the money back? or let gonna just leave it and let loads of people flame the shit outta em :p lol.

Warbots

Lucius Drake
08-07-04, 18:31
Another option would be to only give back a portion of it. Say 1 million for every 10 million or so 100k for every million basically. That would still help the economy out alot. And not hurt the casual people in the long run.

Hmm it will hurt the casual people as the people on 24/7 or in large clans will soon be able to rack up millions by selling techs Mc5 or otherwise while the people like myself and others loose over a year of accumulated cash to be replaced with 3 million for the 30 million we had. Although i agree that something needs to be done about the economy a Sudden and un-prepared for wipe of all you have worked for is not the way to go about it.

I am quite used to loosing things Ie 2 apts full of techs and weps a year ago and an entire char not so long ago and i have never complained much because we have had a contingency fund available to replace it. But loosing 35mil overnight is unacceptable imo

fatwreck
08-07-04, 18:33
or do it like banks and say oh well heres 100k better keep your money under a matress next time

Original monk
08-07-04, 19:11

i didnt think of it yet but you are indeed a 100% correct, on single players ya get a 100K (altough i still didnt see mine after a year but hey :P ) for whatever ya may loose, may it be 10k or a 100 mill ... cause theres always a chance that person is lying and when they for example roll back that character he could of duped anything he had when he lied, was corrupt or whatever :/

but this isnt a single person nomore ... this is the clanfund of hundreds of players lost in 1 sec ... they only have the option to yust restore the clanbanks or rerrol em to sumthing so atleast the clans still have sumthing to spend.
or they need to check in sumkind of log or i dunno how they do it .. to howmuch every clan had, and refund that ...

another option is that they yust leave it as it is ... but then lots of people gonna get real mad ...

another option is, but im not in favour of it: that they yust wipe all the money on the server ... :eek:

who knows, i hope they can yust restore it ffcourse, but i always have the tendensy to rather see the glass halfempty then halffull :/

comes in handy when ya dont wonna encounter any bad suprises :)

i dont know what will happen, but ffcourse im curious and trusting in the "repair"team :)

WebShock
08-07-04, 19:13
or do it like banks and say oh well heres 100k better keep your money under a matress next time

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA pwnt

man i lost a lot too guys... lets just cut the loses and start over. it does give you a goal to attain

LiL T
08-07-04, 20:02
well If you enter a citycom and click stastics <--spelling :\ and click clan and then clans money it will still show they have millons and millions so I think they would still be able to restore the money. I do fell sorry though for the ones that have worked very vey hard for the money and it would result in alot of people quiting if they did not fix it

ichinin
08-07-04, 20:22
I like it.

Due to a few exploiters the saturn economy is screwed. cursed souls that are worth trading for go no cheaper than 10 million, mc5 chips require u buy a clan key so you can deposit the funds into that bank since they cost more than 20 million.

its absurd. moveons and PPRs are selling for 7+ million 0.o

I'm from pluto, please explain to me how this is horrible? I'm ONE player who have managed to make 20+ and had to make a clan to store the cash in it. But then i dont sit on my ass, i farm rares all day and that's how i "get rich quick".

those damn noob doy eyes that barely do shit for you are going for no less than 200k

wtf???? remember when that last part you so desperatly needed was no more than 250 k? guess what? i hope you dont desperately need it now, its gonna cost ya anywhere from 1-5 million. For one damn tech part!

Doesnt that piss you off?

Parts sell for 5K to 2 mil where i am, if you have the connections or TRADE the parts, you can get em very cheap. I've even given away PSI core parts to a friend of a friend of mine.

Shadow Dancer
08-07-04, 20:51
Clan funds are wiped?

OUTSTANDING!

lmfao

I have mixed feelings. I definitely think it's a good thing for saturn's economy, but at the same time alot of pepole geniunely worked hard for their cash. Just wipe away their hard work?

As a noob, I can't buy anything on saturn. Money is worthless. I really don't waste much time offering money to people anymore for services. I simply ask. "Hi, anyone got a Tl 3 heal? Can I have it?". That's not cool. I'm basically set though, due to the generosity of Devil's Grace, Clown, and Jernau. They have given me lots of rares, items, and/or cash. But charity should not be a "requirement" to advance as a n00b.

I definitely see Webshock's point. But what about compensation for the people who worked hard?

Ascension
08-07-04, 20:55
Sucks to be you! :lol: (you as in everyone who plays hard on saturn)

giga191
08-07-04, 21:08
so....what?
u mean just different ppl playing on differnt chars should be able to use this feature? And not the same person playing different chars?

why?

BTW: I could have split my money easily between all my chars but why should i do that when i can have access to all money with every char....Just to make it more difficult for a single person to play this game?
No. I mean that people are using it as a way to get around the money cap which is there for a reason.

Dargeshaad
08-07-04, 21:09
This is not a question about if it's good or bad. This is an error from KK's part and it should be corrected. I don't care if it considered "ok" since it probably erases cheaters/exploiters cash storages, it should simply not be a reason to wipe honorable peoples savings. I personally never use clans for storing money and I'm glad I never did now.
Buttom line KK should sort out the problems their buggy game/servers are causing, no ifs or buts.

WebShock
08-07-04, 21:33
I'm from pluto, blah blah blah.that says it all. this thread is intended for runners in saturn and i refuse to take this thread into some pluto > saturn trade dispute.

go take your trolling and attempts to steal our server population to another thread

This is not a question about if it's good or bad. This is an error from KK's part and it should be corrected. I don't care if it considered "ok" since it probably erases cheaters/exploiters cash storages, it should simply not be a reason to wipe honorable peoples savings. I personally never use clans for storing money and I'm glad I never did now.
Buttom line KK should sort out the problems their buggy game/servers are causing, no ifs or buts.
i definitly agree with you there. the average is a major server crash/failure every quarter.

thats.... well, not normal in my standards. i know this isnt relevant but if i had know this was going to happen a year ago i wouldve quit a long time ago. I stick around for the friendships and the thought that I managed to cap 6 characters. Its like throwing away an investment. Hard to do.

Honorable people do not deserve to be shafted. The fact of the matter is that there is a problem. Right now saturn is completely noob unfriendly.

Sure its great fun for those who are established, but arent we trying to increase the playerbase? not turn people away?

Again let me remind you all that I also gained my money the proper way but i wouldnt doubt that a large sum of the money i have attained is tainted. Tainted as in generated in some form of exploit. Thats why the honorable ppl need to get wiped as well. There is way to much money and there seems to be no cap in the amount of money being generated. You cannot attain more money if the neocron money machine physically stops generating whatever representation nc takes in the virtual street.

in other words, if you have a money cap of 10 dollars, and you have 6 and the rest of the economy share the remaining 4, well guess what, the money machine feels that there is enough money in circulation and quits printing the bills. Now answer this, how are you going to attain more than what you already have, if you dont physically have anymore cashflow to transfer? What will you do then? Take out a loan? Buy into other forms of investment, say, trilithium or something that holds equal value to the dollar?

See the financial portion of this game is still in its infancy. Point being, there needs to be some sort of cap on how much money is available,

Another example.
Im Joe Constructor, I build 1000 apc's and want to sell them to make my multi million dollar profit. Why the hell is a shop owner willing to buy 1000 keys when the most keys he sells a nc month is say... 5-7

Supply and Demand. It needs to be implemented. I say cap the amount of things you can sell to a npc vendor for a specific time period.

For instance in SW:Kotor you dont have an infinite amount of uber heal kits available to you for purchase, you only get the option to buy 5-10 per world and not an infinite amount.

We need something similar to this implemented into our economy or eventually the economy will be screwed over again. we can wipe till our asses are clean, it still wont fix the problem in the long run

amfest
08-07-04, 21:36
I definitely see Webshock's point. But what about compensation for the people who worked hard?

Everyone gets a free version of the Nema and VOTR magizine!!!

Well it sucks but what can you do but start over. Sure you can't get high amounts of cash in a short time but that should be a good thing. And if the economy if fixed somewhat because of this you won't need as much anymore. Sure someone could sell for a high price but if people don't have that anymore they can't pay it so they'll either have to wait or sell it for cheaper. What people can do is just lower their prices.

Gohei
08-07-04, 21:46
I love it.

Wish theres was a wipage... wipage.. cool word btw..

Anyway, i wish theres a was a wipage of clanfounds every second month or something. Jusst to keep the prices down and make ppl spend more money while they still have them.

jernau
08-07-04, 22:05
FUCK OFF

I worked for it. I don't give a shit who cheated or who's a lazy bastard.

DonnyJepp
08-07-04, 22:08
No. I mean that people are using it as a way to get around the money cap which is there for a reason.

That's ridiculous. If having more than 20 mil in a clan bank account was considered an exploit they would have capped clan money also.

IMO the individual money cap is there to encourage people to keep their money in the clan bank.

Odin
08-07-04, 22:16
Please continue the discussion in the following thread. No need to have 2 threads rolling not to mention things are getting a wee bit heated in this one.

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=103247