location of it or if it exhists anyone have any information about this

shrubbery
08-07-04, 05:08
Found it!

Neopets > http://neopets.com/lab.phtml

The Secret Laboratory. Enjoy.

hivemind
08-07-04, 05:17
I'm guessing your title's gonna get pwnd pretty fast pal. Might wanna ax that.

Marx
08-07-04, 05:45
I know things.

http://dirtynuke.net/dex7.jpg

TheGreatMilenko
08-07-04, 07:50
I know things.

http://dirtynuke.net/dex7.jpg

you bastered i was gonna post dexter MEANIE :mad:
*kicks Marx in the nuts* SUCKA :D

Shujin
08-07-04, 07:59
Found it!

Neopets > http://neopets.com/lab.phtml

The Secret Laboratory. Enjoy.
hahha omfg i played that like 5 years ago and i hate myself for getting adicted to it >.< *logs in and tranforms one of the pets*

"The ray is fired at AisuDoragon...

... and she loses two levels :("

le noob
08-07-04, 08:22
im serious there was something somewhere about it being in some sewers or some crap

stop mocking me damnit :P

seraphian
08-07-04, 08:34
AFAIK there isn't a lab down there, but then again, the mainsewers are one of the least explored areas of NC, they could put a mob down there that drops MC-5 parts and I'd bet no one would ever notice. <hint hint>

there are rumors of the lost 'green ball' of Neocron down there though, that I belive, because MB has a yellow ball, I know, I've seen it myself

<<Please don't post any more about it guys, I don't want anyone spoiling the surprise>>

There is also an oddity at Desert racetrack that might lead to a ball or something.

and rumor I heard, (which I DO NOT belive BTW) says in bDoY we get another ball, other than the Neocron's 2 already famous balls. Rumor is DoY will have blue balls :p :lol: <<No seriously someone told me that there might be a blue one out there>>

Shujin
08-07-04, 08:37
im serious there was something somewhere about it being in some sewers or some crap

stop mockin me damnit :{ :{ :{ stop mocking me :{{ :{ :{ :{

Jerto
08-07-04, 08:59
We have secret laboratories on Venus.
I think that's what you want to speak about.
Not sure they exist on the other servers though.

AFAIK, the lab is located anywhere but OPs.
The clan that owns the lab gets stuff produced every week.
The stuff they get depends on the faction they're in.
Labs can be hacked (a safe with a datacube or something).
When hacked, GMs spawn the lab where the owners want it to be.

Well that's rougly how it works on Venus.

msdong
08-07-04, 09:19
....Well that's rougly how it works on Venus.

8| :eek: cool

Omnituens
08-07-04, 09:23
thats nice. i want a secret lab

PS i've done full runs of the mainsewer, there are some interesting static items, but mainly mutants and aggies and rats.

Archeus
08-07-04, 09:48
The Crahn details on the citycom make a mention of a secret lab underground, however as far as I am aware it does not exist.

I haven't done a sewer run since the latest patch but was no lab down there. Its a shame really they should make the dead end zone (that looks like aggie area) into a high level mob dungeon.

ufora
08-07-04, 11:36

its in industrial area

it looks like there were gonna make another zone there coz theres kinda a small tunnel but nothing happen when u rup up it

JackScratch
08-07-04, 14:14
Correction. I have explored the main sewers top to bottom, one end to the other. There was, as of a patch or two ago, no secrete lab. Do you mean industrial lab A? There is a GR out in the IND area, near a cellar that is chocked full of LCs.

I tried to find the forum thread where I gave a detailed account of the main sewers but was unable to. Sorry.

I havent heard about NCs balls, Ive seen MBs.

AFAIK there isn't a lab down there, but then again, the mainsewers are one of the least explored areas of NC, they could put a mob down there that drops MC-5 parts and I'd bet no one would ever notice. <hint hint>

there are rumors of the lost 'green ball' of Neocron down there though, that I belive, because MB has a yellow ball, I know, I've seen it myself

<<Please don't post any more about it guys, I don't want anyone spoiling the surprise>>

There is also an oddity at Desert racetrack that might lead to a ball or something.

and rumor I heard, (which I DO NOT belive BTW) says in bDoY we get another ball, other than the Neocron's 2 already famous balls. Rumor is DoY will have blue balls :p :lol: <<No seriously someone told me that there might be a blue one out there>>

rob444
08-07-04, 14:30
I know there is some sort of lab in military base, I dont remember what it was but it looked like alien technology to me with all those hightech stuff over there. :D

TheonlyoneIknow
08-07-04, 15:47
Only secret lab I know of is in Industrial A sector 2. If you get to the GR in this sector, you are in "the right" place roughly speaking. It's supposed to give a +50 RES bonus, as if you were at a lab op owned by your clan, but this is for unclanned runners only. It's been there since beta and was a testing ground for the dev's/gm's as far as I know.

All I can say is this - I have an unclanned droner/res'r with a res skill of 169. If I do high level res's, ie E techs or bp's of Holy Anti Heal say, in my app, I get failures, lots of them sometimes. If I gr to Ind A sec 2 and do the same task, I get VERY FEW failures.

Maybe coincidence, but I've been playing NC since UK release, and this "story" has been around since then.

Incidently, it was also rumoured that Industrial A Sector 1 is a FACTORY for unclanned runners. I used to gr to the Peppar Park Exit gr and run through to Ind A sec 1 from there before I got to a sufficient CST level to allow me to make stuff without the hassle of using factories, boosts, etc. Chance of slots and quality of finished product were always higher when I did this. See for yourself and make your own decisions.

TooIk

Celt
08-07-04, 15:59

Well that's rougly how it works on Venus.We had a secret lab once, put it somewhere we didnt see 1 person for 3 days, as soon as we placed it the area became flooded with people :(

Tratos
08-07-04, 16:10
We had a secret lab once, put it somewhere we didnt see 1 person for 3 days, as soon as we placed it the area became flooded with people :(
yeah that really did suck :( was great fun exploring for places though and actualy finding it

JackScratch
08-07-04, 17:45
Secrete labs? Thats the first Ive ever heard of that, and Ive been around since Beta 4. Im not positive I understood the discription of how these work.

Archeus
08-07-04, 18:10
Only secret lab I know of is in Industrial A sector 2. If you get to the GR in this sector, you are in "the right" place roughly speaking. It's supposed to give a +50 RES bonus, as if you were at a lab op owned by your clan, but this is for unclanned runners only. It's been there since beta and was a testing ground for the dev's/gm's as far as I know.

They removed those hidden bonuses patches ago. Are they back again?

As for the green ball. I have not seen one, however in the sewer system is there is a strange Green goo block in one area.

http://forum.neocron.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=575

craio
08-07-04, 18:26
however in the sewer system is there is a strange Green goo block in one area.

Oh,i mailed a screenshot of it to bugs@neocron.com months ago... isnt it a bug?

Neocronicle mentioned a secret lab a couple of times, as far as i remember a lab in the chran abbey(the one in the wastelands) was mentioned once and another one that the CM were paid to clear out. Not sure if any of these really exist(ed).

garyu69
08-07-04, 18:36

Do you mean the Lab in Via Rosso?

jernau
08-07-04, 18:37
its in industrial area

it looks like there were gonna make another zone there coz theres kinda a small tunnel but nothing happen when u rup up itIn one of the early betas (B3?) there was a lab outpost in the IND area - hence the GR. For some time during retail the bonus still worked there for unclanned runners although it wasn't displayed. I think this no longer works.

Is that what you mean?

Also - there is only one BYB. There are no others of any colour.

/edit - I believe the IND area OPs where the original outposts - before the wastes were properly populated and before the ops there existed. As someone already said there were two - one lab and one factory.

/edit 2 - The sewer thing is a texture bug.

Judge
08-07-04, 18:40
I reckon that the two IND sectors should become outposts... would be well cool. Also add an outpost in the depths of the mainsewer. :D

Original monk
08-07-04, 18:45
i seen the byb and stuff, but of secret labs i dont know lot about, ind area yeah, but nothing liek the guy said about how it is on venus lol, i also wonna have a secret lab: via 3: the last appartment: code: original monk :D

there are also secret labs in red alert2 and yuri's ... they give ya technology from the other side ... yust as a rts sidenote :)

edit: i like the details jerto tells us: a safe with a datacube in, hackable, sounds cool :)

{MD}GeistDamnit
08-07-04, 20:41

Well that's rougly how it works on Venus.

it's real funny how a company other than KK has a much more fun server than all of KK's put together :/

I might just go to venus one day :D

plague
08-07-04, 20:52
I havent heard about NCs balls, Ive seen MBs.
yes I witnessed mb ball's my self quite a scenery might I add big ball's and yellow, haven't heard anything about nc ball's I wonder if they r bigger? and oh grea I cant wait for blue ball's

[TgR]HusK
08-07-04, 23:51
yes I witnessed mb ball's my self quite a scenery might I add big ball's and yellow, haven't heard anything about nc ball's I wonder if they r bigger? and oh grea I cant wait for blue ball's I never could understand why everybody was so taken with the balls ... I've pretty much explored all the main sewers ages ago (with all the suicides to... grrr buggy place!) There's rumors of metal sharks, colored balls, laboratorys, and what not about that place, but nothing there as far as I could find... well except for one not working terminal in a room that looks like a hackers hideout or something.
It was much fun exploring them though... to bad they never connected em to neocron's aggie sewers (as thats basicly the end of the main outpost sewers)

(though its possible they added some secret door I missed... *thinks back to the days of wolf3d*

Archeus
09-07-04, 00:25
HusK']
(though its possible they added some secret door I missed... *thinks back to the days of wolf3d*

I've gone through it all entrances are.
- Pepper park
- Industrial sector
- OZ

at least two hackroom terminal thingys and a dead end zone like the aggie rooms. Place is huge and easy to get lost in though.

Marx
09-07-04, 00:33
Here's an interesting premise:

Make OP's in the Outzone, the mainsewer, and the industrial sector. Also make it so clans could take some of those small villages and stuff out in the waste.

Clans with 10 people and lower can only take IND/OZ OP's (no money bonus, only moderate skill bonus and 'territory')

Clans with 11-20 members can go after OP's and main sewer OP's (no money bonus for sewer OP's, just moderate skill bonus and 'territory'

Clans with 20-30 can only go after OP's.

Clans with 30+ can take Outposts and villages, can't take IND/OZ/Main sewer OP's.

Simplistic idea which can use much refinement, but an interesting one nonetheless.

Judge
09-07-04, 00:45
If they could connect the main sewers up to the aggie cellars... OMG, how fucking awesome would that be for DoY. Have full on infiltration into plaza, skits DoY faction people come screaming out, and have a massive firefight through plaza, mincing copbots left and right.

*Continues dreaming*

Marx
09-07-04, 00:47
If they could connect the main sewers up to the aggie cellars...Negative, I hope with all my... er... hopes... That the aggy cellars get removed. The aggy cellars kills the entire point of the outzone :( . Hook 'em up to the sewers, or at least some of them.

jernau
09-07-04, 00:55
Negative, I hope with all my... er... hopes... That the aggy cellars get removed. The aggy cellars kills the entire point of the outzone :( . Hook 'em up to the sewers, or at least some of them.
What if the only way into the aggie cellars was via the Main Sewer though?

Marx
09-07-04, 00:56
What if the only way into the aggie cellars was via the Main Sewer though?
That's a different story, because then its not a matter of popping out for 5 seconds grabbing a mission and going back in, also its not as easy to get to.

jernau
09-07-04, 00:59
That's a different story, because then its not a matter of popping out for 5 seconds grabbing a mission and going back in, also its not as easy to get to.
It would also provide a one-way entry method for anti-city people but not allow zone-hopping, etc if you could still exit as you can now.