PDA

View Full Version : MMORPG.com NC forum

Jailbird
08-07-04, 04:49
It really pisses me off when I read those loosers comments. and its usually 1 guy that post in everything " omg this game is bullshit" " lolz, only that?" . I think that KK are losing some customers on those forums.

check this thread (http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm/load/forums/loadforum/477/loadthread/15608/setstart/1/loadclass/157) for instance. a person interested in playing NC but then a loser called beatbox that have devouted all his day time to change the mind of people not to play NC starts ruining everything.

check this other thread (http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm/load/forums/loadforum/477/loadthread/16590/setstart/1/loadclass/157). someone posts about the NC movie but then again. beatbox says " OMG STARWARS LOGO" and whatever. it seems that he is part of the community in NC. And if he still plays NC am sure he has split personality. other than that he might be hired by some mmorpg for a free 1 month account ;)

here is a thread (http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm/load/forums/loadforum/477/loadthread/14436/setstart/1/loadclass/157)
about BDOYs release date. find waldo :lol:

reading the mmorpg.com nc forums really makes me feel sad and tbh I dont wanna reply to be bombarded with millions of lies and shit that other people belive more than what other people say of how fun NC is.

Shadow Dancer
08-07-04, 04:55
Some EX nc players are so full of shit. They never give a fair review. NC is such a totally horrible piece of crap game right? That's why some of them played it for 2+ years right? :rolleyes:

If their gonna list all the flaws(and exaggerate them of course), then they should list all the positive aspects as well. I also hate the ones that try to steer customers away while at the same time playing and paying for NC.

tuxy
08-07-04, 05:29
i know if only we could shutup the people that warn the new players of the downside to neocron

anyone have any ideas

Gotterdammerung
08-07-04, 05:33
I'm sure it's apparent that some people that post in other forums and slander the game are thinly veiled versons of their problematic selfs here, and probably a few people banned for exploiting or harassment. (i'm not talking about the normal poster who the game just may have not clicked for, i'm talking about the ones that seem to go out of their way to post nothing but negative)
It's easy enough to just scratch the problematic ones off like fleas.

Don't sweat it though, it's better to just rise above it.

Marx
08-07-04, 05:34
People have nothing better to do with their freetime. They should get some damned jobs, or something like that... Sounds about right, sounds efficient.

Get some damned jobs!

Seriously though, sometimes I find peoples personal vendettas against the game funny. Hey guy, just think... You can brag about it to your grankids!

People need to relax, if you don't enjoy the game... Don't play it, at least be kind enough to let other people judge for themselves whether or not they would like it, I mean, that's the whole point of diverisity, right?

Jailbird
08-07-04, 06:35
oh god, I made some great reply to that idiot and once i pressed on post the thing dissapeared... arggg !!! i aint gonna type it all over damnit.

you guys think there is a possible way to get what i typed back? :confused:

Gotterdammerung
08-07-04, 06:37
if you are using a 5 button mouse & accidentally press one of the side ones it will do that.

hivemind
08-07-04, 06:38
People have nothing better to do with their freetime. They should get some damned jobs, or something like that... Sounds about right, sounds efficient.

Get some damned jobs!

Seriously though, sometimes I find peoples personal vendettas against the game funny. Hey guy, just think... You can brag about it to your grankids!

People need to relax, if you don't enjoy the game... Don't play it, at least be kind enough to let other people judge for themselves whether or not they would like it, I mean, that's the whole point of diverisity, right?
To me it really says something about the game that it inspires so much emotion in some people...

Jailbird
08-07-04, 06:39
aint that sad? :(

I feel depressed now that i typed something great to shut that looser up and it didnt appear :(

TheGreatMilenko
08-07-04, 07:49
aint that sad? :(

I feel depressed now that i typed something great to shut that looser up and it didnt appear :(

it was gonna own him so bad the ownedge Gods stopped you

Original monk
08-07-04, 08:54
i know if only we could shutup the people that warn the new players of the downside to neocron

anyone have any ideas

every publicity is good, the positive aswell as the negative :)

its still publicity :)

it shows that there is life here, heavy pro's and heavy contra's, this game shakes up people :P it causes emotion :)

hinch
08-07-04, 11:09
on my forums we flame the shit outta the mods kk and the game

however if anybody has ever asked about nc etc we've always listed its good points its bad points and suggested they try it them selfs.

and despite what a few people think most of us will return for doy (appart from the 30 or so that are banned)

ezza
08-07-04, 12:12
tbh that beatbox is a moron, and that neocron forum is crap cos its only got negative idiots on(except for the few who do actually post in neos defence)

MkVenner
08-07-04, 12:17
al 300+ of the guys on here should go muscle our ways in over there lol :D

ezza
08-07-04, 12:22
al 300+ of the guys on here should go muscle our ways in over there lol :D
last time i posted there my whole message got edited and i got a warning, because i flamed that Kriminal99 idiot

MkVenner
08-07-04, 12:26
i just red through it all, OMFG, the beatbox is a twat...some one prooved him wrong so he just start flaming there a lying fanboi...i feel like goig round his house and aquainting him with a semi-auto and 4lbs of semtex :p

Archeus
08-07-04, 12:37
last time i posted there my whole message got edited and i got a warning, because i flamed that Kriminal99 idiot

People complain about censorship here, but it is a bit strange on those forums. For example shujin posted on one thread a while back in detail what GM's can and can't do in NC and how it related to another game (I forget which) and the post was deleted.

There was a post about exploits where Nid gave Kriminal the smackdown in the thread and thread has gone as well (although probably for the discussion reasons).

As long as you don't attack the poster (especially if that poster has more posts then you) they will leave your posts alone.

cornelius5
08-07-04, 12:49
forum link (http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm/load/forums/loadforum/477/loadthread/8195/setstart/1/loadclass/157)

this is where beatbox calls neocron " a must have" in an earlier post

Genty
08-07-04, 13:00
I have been playing on that forum for a few days, it is amazing how much BullShit is said on there.

Celt
08-07-04, 13:20
People complain about censorship here, but it is a bit strange on those forums. For example shujin posted on one thread a while back in detail what GM's can and can't do in NC and how it related to another game (I forget which) and the post was deleted.

There was a post about exploits where Nid gave Kriminal the smackdown in the thread and thread has gone as well (although probably for the discussion reasons).

As long as you don't attack the poster (especially if that poster has more posts then you) they will leave your posts alone.It was shinjin, and he deleted his own posts.

Archeus
08-07-04, 14:16
It was shinjin, and he deleted his own posts.

I was reading the thread in queston when it happened and Shujin and others were deleted, mainly for name calling.

Marx
08-07-04, 14:30
I was reading the thread in queston when it happened and Shujin and others were deleted, mainly for name calling.

Yeah, they called the dude who was spewing a retard, a minor violation based on the others that could easily be found throughout those forums. Instead of editing the first line where the term was, they deleted his entire page long post... Which contained information which contradicted just about every person who was throwing shit in that thread.

*shrug*

Celt
08-07-04, 15:41
I was reading the thread in queston when it happened and Shujin and others were deleted, mainly for name calling.Which thread was this specifically?

Thought you were talking about krim's BUYER BEWARE thread where shinjin(dont think that is shujin btw) posted several good posts but he deleted them himself.

Celt
08-07-04, 16:55
Um I cant seem to edit my post..

Sooo.

Who wants to own up to being Aquaangel?

My bet is Marx or benjie.

Marx
08-07-04, 17:40
My bet is Marx or benjie.
I'm either Marx or nothing at all.

ezza
08-07-04, 17:47
In regards to you withdrawing your membership of portfolio member services, this has been noted and PMS will no longer take a percentage of the commission. seems they aint big on swearing on that forum.

carebear forum :p

Mattimeo
08-07-04, 17:53
Still better than the over Censoring that permeats this forum. I'm just waiting for the freedom I have over there to catch up to me over here.

It would almost be as big as the Mystere banning long, long ago. Or at least I hope so.

on this forum? Probably not.

Marx
08-07-04, 17:58
Still better than the over Censoring that permeats this forum. I'm just waiting for the freedom I have over there to catch up to me over here.I don't see why everyone complains about censorship on these forums.

Simple guideline: Discussions of exploits, ingame e-penis brawls, and simple whining will more often than not be closed. People who troll, people who add nothing positive to the community, people who cheat will be banned. Threads which discuss exploits, cheats, or attract undue attention to certain clans or people will be tossed in the mods only forum, which is probably the trashbin.

None of my threads have been deleted, the only ones which were locked were the ones which ended up being "hurr hurr, my clan X ur clan", etc.

Discussion of negetive things happens alot and is often left alone unless it crosses one of the abovementioned borderlines - if the mods were truly censoring everything, wouldn't things like this thread be deleted too?

Just remember, this is the customer section of a public corporate forum - investors, partners and the like might eventually stumble on these forums, they have to be kept tidy.

Archeus
08-07-04, 17:58
Which thread was this specifically?

Thought you were talking about krim's BUYER BEWARE thread where shinjin(dont think that is shujin btw) posted several good posts but he deleted them himself.

It was when he was talking about the GM's his one comment was an insult to the other guy. The GM went and removed it along with a load of other posts which were basically name calling.

I think people deleted their own posts on the one where someone has posted personal information about a GM, and everyone in the thread followed suit.

Heretic Shadow
08-07-04, 18:01
I do not play Neocron but I must add this....

beatbox... Class is one thing you do not have. Extremly rude and a 100% troll if I ever saw one. Do not think you are the same level as this mmorpg community

seems we're not alone in thinking beatbox is a wanker.

Mattimeo
08-07-04, 18:01
I don't see why everyone complains about censorship on these forums.

Simple guideline: Discussions of exploits, ingame e-penis brawls, and simple whining will more often than not be closed. People who troll, people who add nothing positive to the community, people who cheat will be banned. Threads which discuss exploits, cheats, or attract undue attention to certain clans or people will be tossed in the mods only forum, which is probably the trashbin.

None of my threads have been deleted, the only ones which were locked were the ones which ended up being "hurr hurr, my clan X ur clan", etc.

Discussion of negetive things happens alot and is often left alone unless it crosses one of the abovementioned borderlines - if the mods were truly censoring everything, wouldn't things like this thread be deleted too?

I'm waiting for it, with a nice little "Use private messages if you have a problem with the mods -N" tag.

I watch and I read, I pay attention to threads, especially closed ones. if Censorship is not a problem here, why would the complaints exist?

Marx
08-07-04, 18:08
I'm waiting for it, with a nice little "Use private messages if you have a problem with the mods -N" tag.

I watch and I read, I pay attention to threads, especially closed ones. if Censorship is not a problem here, why would the complaints exist?
Because people always complain, thats an inherent flaw in us as human beings. If its not too cold, its too hot, if its not too hot its too cold.

I want to know how many people actually follow up and complain? Most of those who publically complain are the same people who break rules, people who want to complain publically about people and clans so as to try and embarass them to settle some sort of vendetta.

Oh, poor so and so, couldn't go and talk crap on the forums about some group or clan he just fought against and lost to. My heart bleeds for you, but perhaps you should head back in game and fight back, or get stronger, or practice.

Oh, poor so and so, got a warning for exploiting so he or she decides to explain the intricate details of the exploit to everyone on the forum. Why oh why did he/she get banned? Damn that censorship!

Oh, poor so and so, hated dying to PKers and would make fun of them every chance he/she got, was warned multiple times but continued on. Why did they ban him/her?

Oh, poor so and so, disliked another clan so much that he/she made a thread detailing possible exploits that clan or group of players used rather than e-mailing possible expolits and screens to exploits@neocron.com. After the thread was closed and moved it resurfaced again. Why oh why do they keep getting deleted?

Celt
08-07-04, 18:33
Because people always complain, thats an inherent flaw in us as human beings. If its not too cold, its too hot, if its not too hot its too cold.

I want to know how many people actually follow up and complain? Most of those who publically complain are the same people who break rules, people who want to complain publically about people and clans so as to try and embarass them to settle some sort of vendetta.

Oh, poor so and so, couldn't go and talk crap on the forums about some group or clan he just fought against and lost to. My heart bleeds for you, but perhaps you should head back in game and fight back, or get stronger, or practice.

Oh, poor so and so, got a warning for exploiting so he or she decides to explain the intricate details of the exploit to everyone on the forum. Why oh why did he/she get banned? Damn that censorship!

Oh, poor so and so, hated dying to PKers and would make fun of them every chance he/she got, was warned multiple times but continued on. Why did they ban him/her?

Oh, poor so and so, disliked another clan so much that he/she made a thread detailing possible exploits that clan or group of players used rather than e-mailing possible expolits and screens to exploits@neocron.com. After the thread was closed and moved it resurfaced again. Why oh why do they keep getting deleted?
That's a fallacy.

It's an excuse to anything you want to defend.

"people always complain, this any complaint is unfounded."

Marx
08-07-04, 18:35
That's a fallacy.

It's an excuse to anything you want to defend.

"people always complain, this any complaint is unfounded."These forums are full of complaints, the only ones which get moved or closed are the ones which either tell people how to take advantage, inform people that they can take advantage, or personally attack other people (Dev's, GM's, and mods included).

I don't see what the problem is.

Celt
08-07-04, 18:37
the only ones which get moved or closed are the ones which either tell people how to take advantage, inform people that they can take advantage, or personally attack other people (Dev's, GM's, and mods included).That is absolute and utter tosh.

Marx
08-07-04, 18:40
That is absolute and utter tosh.Prove me wrong. Every time a thread of mine was closed, I simply PM'd nid or gotter, they either cleaned it up and opened it, or left it closed because it was too far gone.

They were even nice enough to move my closed general discussion brainport ideas to the brainport section when asked.

ZOMG< CENSORSHIP.

Mattimeo
08-07-04, 18:40
These forums are full of complaints, the only ones which get moved or closed are the ones which either tell people how to take advantage, inform people that they can take advantage, or personally attack other people (Dev's, GM's, and mods included).

I don't see what the problem is.

Then you fail to realise exactly what censorship is. Maybe you don't notice it, but most of the edited posts are edited in ways to point people to view exactly what they want you to view.

Being unable to openly question those in power only enpowers them further. Maybe I'm the only one that's noticed the steady decline in these forums.

Marx
08-07-04, 18:47
Then you fail to realise exactly what censorship is. Maybe you don't notice it, but most of the edited posts are edited in ways to point people to view exactly what they want you to view.

Being unable to openly question those in power only enpowers them further. Maybe I'm the only one that's noticed the steady decline in these forums.This isn't Soviet Russia, it's a customer only forum. I've seen plenty of very argumentative complaints against Neocron and Reakktor remain open on these forums. Why would that happen?

When a post is edited, nothing is 'changed'. The offended segment is removed... Wow, they removed half that dudes post, I bet it was something they didn't want us to see..... RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE!!!

Of course when something is edited, its done because they don't want you to see something... That's the whole point of editing.

You are able to openly criticize, but most of the time when its done, its done to offend... Not to learn about why the thread was closed, the comment edited, etc. The forums? Of course they're declining, just like the populace. Its been nearly two years since there was an actual in the flesh advertising campaign... Did you expect everything to be healthy?

What we're left with are the hard chargers, the people who beleive they're not wrong because they've played forever. 'Gee, how dare you judge me, I've played since release, KK owes me'.

You also see that because most of the playerbase is under the age of 18.

;)

jernau
08-07-04, 18:54
MMORPG.com is like one of those homes for mad old arseholes who's families can't stand them because all they do is swear and shit themselves.

The mods there openly encourage this.

The place is best avoided.

Nidhogg
08-07-04, 18:56
This thread is supposed to be about discussion of Neocron on MMORPG.COM, not our forums. If you wish to discuss our forums then please do so in "Forum Related Stuff". Please get back on topic.

N

rob444
08-07-04, 18:56
I signed up on the forum to post some messages. Cant say I'm very fond of the beatbox guy and celt is heading the same way ;)

ezza
08-07-04, 19:01
think celts becoming the new Kriminal99 ;)

Mattimeo
08-07-04, 19:06
This isn't Soviet Russia, it's a customer only forum. I've seen plenty of very argumentative complaints against Neocron and Reakktor remain open on these forums. Why would that happen?

When a post is edited, nothing is 'changed'. The offended segment is removed... Wow, they removed half that dudes post, I bet it was something they didn't want us to see..... RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE!!!

Of course when something is edited, its done because they don't want you to see something... That's the whole point of editing.

You are able to openly criticize, but most of the time when its done, its done to offend... Not to learn about why the thread was closed, the comment edited, etc. The forums? Of course they're declining, just like the populace. Its been nearly two years since there was an actual in the flesh advertising campaign... Did you expect everything to be healthy?

What we're left with are the hard chargers, the people who beleive they're not wrong because they've played forever. 'Gee, how dare you judge me, I've played since release, KK owes me'.

You also see that because most of the playerbase is under the age of 18.

;)

You would do very well in a debate, Marx.

I've seen the same, however, I also see alot of selective edits/locks/deletion of threads. Especially when even the word Exploit is uttered. Yes, it is important to prevent exploits. Not it is not okay to go overboard to do so.

unfortunatly, in many of the edited posts and threads, the content that is edited is important to the discussion at hand, and when so edited, one entire side is destroyed. I've watched alot of good discussions destoryed because of "The dreaded E word". And we're not allowed to question WHY these discussions are killed, because it's against the rules.

Of course the point of editing is to prevent you from seeing something, it's the slant of the editing that is done that offends me.

If KK wants to stop this decline they need to allow open discussion. "Keep it in game" is used FAR too often. However, there are degrees that it's used. I would name names, but there is ONE forum moderator I respect, that tried to leave a good discussion open by telling them to not name specific names, but the posters destroyed that. Unfortunatly that also proves one of my points;
These forums are not moderated by guidelines, but by the whim of the mod.

These forums need to have the vice-like grip that moderates them loosened, or they're going to continue to stagnate as they have into "nerf this" threads and spam (which is another term thrown around far too often).

ezza
08-07-04, 19:07
umm nid just said this forum aint for discuss in this thread

Mattimeo
08-07-04, 19:12
umm nid just said this forum aint for discuss in this thread

It was while I was writing my post, and watch me get in trouble for this, but...

That's where the thread flowed, or is thread flow against the rules now, too?

ezza
08-07-04, 19:13
it is when its not about the subject in hand.

whats the point in making trouble for no reason o_O you sound like you actually want them to come pwn your posts

Mattimeo
08-07-04, 19:17
it is when its not about the subject in hand.

whats the point in making trouble for no reason o_O you sound like you actually want them to come pwn your posts

I just want to know why, if there's a problem with that subject, it wasn't stopped at page 2, where it started quite some time ago.

Marx
08-07-04, 19:21
I just want to know why, if there's a problem with that subject, it wasn't stopped at page 2, where it started quite some time ago.
Because they don't care about this topic, they just want us to leave this thread in peace so the original topic can be rediscovered and discussed.

Thread hijacking is impolite to the original poster and those who were trying to discuss the original matter - hence its frowned upon.

Celt
08-07-04, 19:24
think celts becoming the new Kriminal99 ;)No, the person most like Krim is yourself, because like him you cant post anything like logic or back yourself up, just attack people.

Dont throw stones in glass houses.

ezza
08-07-04, 19:27
when did i attack you?

and how am i like Kriminal i aint the anti neocron guy who always posting how shit the game is unlike yourself

rofl logic says the man who claims this game has auto aim in, yes you aim at thin air and hit there legs man you talk shit you know that.

sooner you piss of from this game better, what 4 months ago you cancelld so only 2 more months of your anti neo opinions everywhere

Clownst0pper
08-07-04, 19:27
No, the person most like Krim is yourself, because like him you cant post anything like logic or back yourself up, just attack people.

Are you talking about the ezza we all know and love?:O

reddog
08-07-04, 19:30
No, the person most like Krim is yourself, because like him you cant post anything like logic or back yourself up, just attack people.

Not that i'm so found on ezza but to me more of his post make sense than yours.
The only thing i ever see post you is whine after whine of how much this game sucks. Nothing is ever good its allways bad. Still you play the game. KK i red the part where you said you stayed here for your friends. But to me when a game sucks it sucks and i quit friends in game or not. like someone else said to you before if thats the only reason leave there are other means to stay in touch. tbh my first tought when i red beatbox post was. "hmmmm sounds just like Celt to me". Tho in your defence i'll say you put it slightly different.

Celt
08-07-04, 19:35
when did i attack you?Let's see, I post on the "DOME OF YORK" trailer thread that the trailer doesnt show much of doy, tell me what did you do?

and how am i like Kriminal i aint the anti neocron guyThe opinions doesnt make the person, perhaps one day you may mature enough to see that.

who always posting how shit the game is unlike yourselfYesterday I FRE'd 6 times in 4 hours, got synch bug 7 times, and to power off my PC because neocron froze 3 times.
The game isnt shit?

rofl logic says the man who claims this game has auto aim in, yes you aim at thin air and hit there legs man you talk shit you know that.Have you actually ever played games that have auto-aim?
Like ut2k4 where you just have to have the cursor over the edges of someones body for the shot to track them and hit them in the torso?
Or raven shield where you just need the mouse to be within a few pixels of the body for it to lock on the head?

I'd guess not.

sooner you piss of from this game better, what 4 months ago you cancelld so only 2 more months of your anti neo opinions everywhereBut ezza, unless they fix these problems(that have existed for over 2 years) these opinions(based on fact unlike your own) will never dissapear.

Marx
08-07-04, 19:37
Well, gee. If this thread continues on this downward spiral, it will be closed... Proving my statements correct.

Mattimeo
08-07-04, 19:39
Well, gee. If this thread continues on this downward spiral, it will be closed... Proving my statements correct.

I took my hands off it as soon as you were right about the morality of hijacking.

Other people do need to do the same. (but I still hold firm that the "hijacking" issue needed to be dealt with WHEN IT STARTED)

jernau
08-07-04, 19:49
This is probably the more relaxed modding style some people wanted because they never flame each other when left to their own devices. :rolleyes:

Celt
08-07-04, 19:55
This is probably the more relaxed modding style some people wanted because they never flame each other when left to their own devices. :rolleyes:Most people I see complaining are complaining about the KIIG closures even on threads that have nothing to do with in-game, as well as mods using their own perogatives for specific closures and bannings(and even odin said some mods seemed to be getting out of hand with this)

rob444
08-07-04, 19:57
Or raven shield where you just need the mouse to be within a few pixels of the body for it to lock on the head?

lol, I own Ravenshield and played for a long time and I've never seen this, but.. You say there are autoaim in ut2k4, ravenshield, neocron etc. This isnt true, it's a problem between the server and client when they both calculate the hits and compare. I really noticed this on my old 350mhz with 64mb ram and voodoo 2 8mb in Quake2. If I shot next to a guy, the railgun was going straight at him. Same with CS, I shot 2 shots with desert eagle, I completely missed and got 2 hs. I dont call it autoaim, more like a.. feature. :p

El_MUERkO
08-07-04, 19:59
The NC forum moderators and Devs should rise above crap like that but players who love NC should defend their game, take no prisoners lads, word of mouth is key to a game like Neocrons success and who knows how many player can be put off by spitefull threads in forums.

Celt
08-07-04, 20:05
lol, I own Ravenshield and played for a long time and I've never seen this, but.. You say there are autoaim in ut2k4, ravenshield, neocron etc. This isnt true, it's a problem between the server and client when they both calculate the hits and compare. I really noticed this on my old 350mhz with 64mb ram and voodoo 2 8mb in Quake2. If I shot next to a guy, the railgun was going straight at him. Same with CS, I shot 2 shots with desert eagle, I completely missed and got 2 hs. I dont call it autoaim, more like a.. feature. :pIn options in ut2k4 and raven shield you can enable auto aim, on servers that have auto aim enabled, or in single player it functions.

rob444
08-07-04, 20:11
If I remember it right, in ravenshield, the crosshair will "move" on the enemy. Is this what you experience in Neocron?

Celt
08-07-04, 20:12
If I remember it right, in ravenshield, the crosshair will "move" on the enemy. Is this what you experience in Neocron?The effect is the same.

Aim near the target, and you will hit.

rob444
08-07-04, 20:15
Yeah.. whatever you say. Lets end this autoaim discussion since it's not what this thread is about.

Heretic Shadow
08-07-04, 20:30
[ edited ]

rob444
08-07-04, 20:34
[ edited ]

What, a TG? *points at TG logo* :lol:

Archeus
08-07-04, 22:30
The effect is the same.

Aim near the target, and you will hit.

I laughed out loud when you said there was auto-aim in Neocron. Man that is what I've been doing wrong all along, moving my mouse when my spells automatically aim for me. o_O

People go on about auto-aim, instant-aim but it is generally just a whine. Monks have less aiming then weapons. For example I shoot someones feet they will slow down, for a monk you have to use a spell that attacks their legs.

The advantage of this is that the other runner can see what kind of attack zone is coming, which is why jumping at the right time can stop para from taking effect.

You are also wrong about levelling a monk. I've levelled one, You can get to PSI 90 fast. You are also wrong about levelling a droner. You can play CST/RES/Droner and still power level.

There is so much bile in your posts celt you might be better off playing a different game or your going to turn into beatbox in a few months. :lol:

Edit: Hey Celt according to those forums you quit Neocron totally 4 months ago.. so why the hell are you still posting here. :p

Odin
08-07-04, 22:32
I pay no mind to them. Since we run our own forums usually the only ones that spring up or are visited even remotely tend to be by people who are either banned or have a bone to pick. The only other halfway decent forums I have seen are by some of the clans. Pretty interesting stuff.

ezza
08-07-04, 23:37
Let's see, I post on the "DOME OF YORK" trailer thread that the trailer doesnt show much of doy, tell me what did you do? ivejust read all 32 pages of the DOY trailer thread, not once did i respond to anything yousaid

Celt
09-07-04, 00:24
I laughed out loud when you said there was auto-aim in Neocron. Man that is what I've been doing wrong all along, moving my mouse when my spells automatically aim for me. o_O I see you havent played any games with auto aim either.

Play some, then come back.

[qupte]People go on about auto-aim, instant-aim but it is generally just a whine. Monks have less aiming then weapons. For example I shoot someones feet they will slow down, for a monk you have to use a spell that attacks their legs.[/quote]I dont think auto aim is a problem, nor instant aim, I think the reticle and target box is a nice approach to having an mmorpfs.

You are also wrong about levelling a monk. I've levelled one, You can get to PSI 90 fast.I've levelled.... five? brother's levelled 3, I've ppu'ed for .... maybe 10 other monks in my clan on venus.

You are also wrong about levelling a droner. You can play CST/RES/Droner and still power level.Nice way to read what I dont post.
The main benefit to being a droner is that you can be a CST/RES/Barter.

There is so much bile in your posts celt you might be better off playing a different game or your going to turn into beatbox in a few months. :lol:Better beatbox then some I can mention around here, much better.

Edit: Hey Celt according to those forums you quit Neocron totally 4 months ago.. so why the hell are you still posting here. :pI cancelled my account 4 months ago, again with the not reading.....

@Ezza, sorry that was clownst0pper.

Lareolan
09-07-04, 05:49
It really pisses me off when I read those loosers comments. and its usually 1 guy that post in everything " omg this game is bullshit" " lolz, only that?" . I think that KK are losing some customers on those forums.

check this thread (http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm/load/forums/loadforum/477/loadthread/15608/setstart/1/loadclass/157) for instance. a person interested in playing NC but then a loser called beatbox that have devouted all his day time to change the mind of people not to play NC starts ruining everything.

check this other thread (http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm/load/forums/loadforum/477/loadthread/16590/setstart/1/loadclass/157). someone posts about the NC movie but then again. beatbox says " OMG STARWARS LOGO" and whatever. it seems that he is part of the community in NC. And if he still plays NC am sure he has split personality. other than that he might be hired by some mmorpg for a free 1 month account ;)

here is a thread (http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm/load/forums/loadforum/477/loadthread/14436/setstart/1/loadclass/157)
about BDOYs release date. find waldo :lol:

reading the mmorpg.com nc forums really makes me feel sad and tbh I dont wanna reply to be bombarded with millions of lies and shit that other people belive more than what other people say of how fun NC is.

Um... Read closer what that guy says. Has he LIED about anything? I just skimed, but everything he said (that I could see) was completely true. I am ashamed to bring new players into the game as it is now, what about you?

reddog
09-07-04, 06:46
Um... Read closer what that guy says. Has he LIED about anything? I just skimed, but everything he said (that I could see) was completely true. I am ashamed to bring new players into the game as it is now, what about you?
Depends on what you understand with what a lie is.
If you understand aslong as it has a fund of truth. If you consider giving info based on facts he should know are no longer truth (droner suck, vhc have no pvp value, PE can stealth) then claim you have played till the last patch as telling the truth then.
In my opinion where some issues my be truth somewhere you allways have to stay 100% honest in your remarks and he manipulate the truth a little to much to his advantage. If he would no make an elephant out of a damn mousqito then there would be no problem. Yes his issues have some truth (or had) but everything he tells is blown out of proportion.

Conclussion is he telling the truth. NO.

Archeus
09-07-04, 08:52
I cancelled my account 4 months ago, again with the not reading.....

Like I said, if you cancelled your account why are you still posting here?

Celt
09-07-04, 13:52
Like I said, if you cancelled your account why are you still posting here?Selective memory? You said If I had quit, not cancelled.

Way to go hobbes.

Archeus
09-07-04, 13:59
Selective memory? You said If I had quit, not cancelled.

Way to go hobbes.

As far as I remember cancelling = quitting, as you can no longer play, and as you don't play you shouldn't be posting here.

Or do you mean that you don't plan to renew your subscription when it runs out?

Posting my Username from another board has no effect on what I am writing.

hinch
09-07-04, 16:24
I pay no mind to them. Since we run our own forums usually the only ones that spring up or are visited even remotely tend to be by people who are either banned or have a bone to pick. The only other halfway decent forums I have seen are by some of the clans. Pretty interesting stuff.

we have neither a bone to pick or are banned (well the majority arent)
most of us just want to see NC succeed and get the recognition it deserves but doesnt receive. we see KK as failing in the promotional area's that nc requires for its specific game type.
what we also offer is a place for people to vent their angers/frustrations and also to hold random chats about anything without moderation. ofc some people flame nc but i guarantee 99% of that is due to the fact we're appaled at KK's attitude to its community and its inability to market what has the potential to be a very successfull game.

on the other side we also support people who dont just play nc or left nc along time ago after being disillusioned.

we are an open form for people to talk about anything some people praise nc some flame it but are usually flamed in return by the people who still play nc.

then theres a few of us who are just idling until doy and praying that kk/bigben/10t will pull finger out of ass and do it correctly since all indication of such is currently non existant though we arent holding our breath for fear of dying.

@ arch and celt
dont make me come to aftershours and flame the shit outta you both :)

Clownst0pper
09-07-04, 16:32
MMORPG.com is nothing but a forum for flaming.

Its really negative, dont like that :(

Celt
09-07-04, 17:31
As far as I remember cancelling = quitting, as you can no longer play, and as you don't play you shouldn't be posting here.

Or do you mean that you don't plan to renew your subscription when it runs out?

Posting my Username from another board has no effect on what I am writing.Cancelling = cancelling your account, which means you no longer pay it automatically when it runs out.
You are also welcome to point me out once calling your archeus or calling jag his in-game name :)
hinch, still in contact with monty?

He played eve with me a bit but got bored and went back to SWG afaik

hinch
09-07-04, 17:33
i not spoke to monty in a few months lost his email addy again when i reinstalled for like the 90th time

im waiting for his 6 monthly catchup email he always sends me i fhe plays swg then i deffo want to catch up with him.

Celt
09-07-04, 17:35
i not spoke to monty in a few months lost his email addy again when i reinstalled for like the 90th time

im waiting for his 6 monthly catchup email he always sends me i fhe plays swg then i deffo want to catch up with him.PM him on boardsie, all my e-mails for him are 3 or 4 years old from when we played eoco :(

hinch
09-07-04, 19:26
its osmething like monty2000@hotmail i think but fk knows i tried board pming him ages ago but he was in canada i think and didnt answer if you swing by nethouse at all slap him and tell him to email me also slap shads for old times sake :)

-FN-
09-07-04, 19:26
Bah. I typed up a post too, but hitting "Post Message" goes and takes me back the main forum with no msg posted. How cute.

Nidhogg
09-07-04, 19:30
The MMORPG forum system if awful. Your session expires quite quickly but it doesn't handle it at all well. So if you spend more than a few minutes writing your post and then post it there's a good chance that it will just silently throw it away. :/ Make sure you copy it all to the paste buffer first.

N

jernau
09-07-04, 20:15
The MMORPG forum system if awful. Your session expires quite quickly but it doesn't handle it at all well. So if you spend more than a few minutes writing your post and then post it there's a good chance that it will just silently throw it away. :/ Make sure you copy it all to the paste buffer first.

N
Maybe that's why nothing on there is worth reading - they don't have time to think before they post.

Saza
09-07-04, 23:02
Right, I sorted the bastards out (http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm/load/forums/loadforum/477/loadthread/16856/setstart/1/loadclass/157). Anyone know who that beatbox guy was? That is if he ever played NC and wasn't just some SWG fan boi reading the NC patch notes... If he comes onto the Pluto server I'm offering 100k for his tags :D .

amfest
09-07-04, 23:33
heh someone has already gone and reprashed one of y our lines but saying you sugercoated the game

:rolleyes:

It's also a first post person . .d'oh

Dargeshaad
09-07-04, 23:43
Just because it's a first post there doesn't mean I don't have experience to back up my words

Saza
09-07-04, 23:44
Don't bring the arguement over here please. I said I'm happy to argue the point, but not here.

trigger hurt
10-07-04, 00:22
I'm sure it's apparent that some people that post in other forums and slander the game are thinly veiled versons of their problematic selfs here, and probably a few people banned for exploiting or harassment. (i'm not talking about the normal poster who the game just may have not clicked for, i'm talking about the ones that seem to go out of their way to post nothing but negative)
It's easy enough to just scratch the problematic ones off like fleas.

Don't sweat it though, it's better to just rise above it.

As a paying customer, I reserve the right to bitch, whine and moan about Neocron, it's iffy customer service (it's been good at times and bad at times), the lack of high end content (killing mobs in the uber dungeon ain't content) and the countless bugs that have been in-game since retail launch. I still play. I still pay. The difference is, I will bitch and whine someplace that only a few know about (hi nid/snowcrash) where it's not heard my many people. I want more people to play this game cause it's boring as hell to have noone to level with on a new server.

ezza
10-07-04, 00:26
and how did they find out about that place lol

damn spies are everywhere