PDA

View Full Version : Neocron without pokers...

Kuuselaa
07-07-04, 23:45
Can you imagine Neocron without pokers...? Yeah, it would be hard :D
Anyway, I just wanted to say that how much I appreciate all those pokers out there, we couldn't live without you guys/gals! Keep up the good poke :)
And others out there, to appreciate all those pokers out there, give them some tips, it's always nice to get some effort from job, don't you think? ;)

enigma_b17
07-07-04, 23:46
come to pluto and find out :o

Jest
07-07-04, 23:51
Why does your small map show the wastelands while in NC? :wtf:

Kuuselaa
08-07-04, 00:04
Well I died in wastelands and then I teleported myself to NC, it just didn't update the map...

SilentEye
08-07-04, 00:04
Why does your small map show the wastelands while in NC? :wtf:
I wonder as well!

hegemonic
08-07-04, 00:06
Anyway, I just wanted to say that how much I appreciate all those pokers out there, we couldn't live without you guys/gals! Keep up the good poke :)
And others out there, to appreciate all those pokers out there, give them some tips, it's always nice to get some effort from job, don't you think? ;)
RE: Screenie...

OMG!!! Someone with LESS FPS than ME ! ?@?@
bwahahahahaha

Richard Slade
08-07-04, 00:14
Lol among others that's Armi in the PA (the Cpt Crunch of Saturn)
Poor bastard always kneeling around

Hell-demon
08-07-04, 00:15
Us pokers try our best. Give us a 2k tip?, well we hurt you :angel:

Pokers need to be more appreciated :rolleyes:

Richard Slade
08-07-04, 00:24
More appreciation!?
You press LMB and that's it, nothing else
All you need is 115 in the skill, and quite a bit can be buffed implanted up
2k is more than enough

Glok
08-07-04, 00:27
More appreciation!?
2k is more than enoughLook, do you want to stand in P1 or P2 for hours on end just clicking people? It's f'kin boring. Even constructing is much more fun and rewarding. Ressing is about on par for boredom factor, but everyone tips ressers really well.

Hell-demon
08-07-04, 00:36
Thankyou Glok :)

amfest
08-07-04, 00:42
Get the payment you deserve Pokecom V.1

http://users3.ev1.net/~amfest/pokecom.jpg

Get yours today!!

Menolak
08-07-04, 01:27
Get the payment you deserve Pokecom V.1

http://users3.ev1.net/~amfest/pokecom.jpg

Get yours today!!
WTF? what is that and how does it work? Looks interesting

amfest
08-07-04, 01:31
Lol it was an idea I had put in an improve tradeskills thread. The idea basically was insted of starting a poke you click on them and the pokecom payment screen would pop up. It would show the imp that was in the other person's processor so you can name your price for implanting. Once the price was setup to your liking you just click start to start the implanting process. It was basically something to help pokers actually get payment for their work.

ichinin
08-07-04, 02:04
More appreciation!?
2k is more than enough

Well, it's a good tip if you are a 1/5 noob.

If you tip 2K at say, /50 i take it as a personal insult and put you on the Ignore list... take a guess why pokers dont respond if tip badly or not at all. Go ahead and stand in Plaza 2 all day, we dont care.

plague
08-07-04, 02:09
wasn't there auto poker on Saturn some time ago, where the hell did he go?
we should have poking machines in selected locations like in OA or they should make more benefits for pokers, what poker gets for specing nearly one third of his int in poke...............erm pokes to him self anytime and shty tips from half ppl he poked, so there is no insensitive to invest in poking I say make it more reworded I dunno how lol xp I spouse but only to other players no for self pokes....

yavimaya
08-07-04, 02:11
More appreciation!?
2k is more than enough

Actually higher skill level (above 115) does make a difference... and so does TL of the tool. Some of us are fulltime surgeons.

Lucius Drake
08-07-04, 02:25
My Monk on Saturn was a poker in plaza on and off for about a year and i never said "Tips above 2k or you dont get poked" or "Your a bad tipper im putting you on ignore". Poking is something that there is a constant demand for and people remember pokers around that are helpful. Amazingly 2 or 3 times i've been in situations where i was dead for certain ie outnumbered or outgunned ( usually just outclassed ) when someone has said " dont shoot him hes my poker". Thats worth more to me than 2k

Richard Slade
08-07-04, 03:39
I've also been standing the long hours poking people,
competing with others to get the fastest slap
But it's still, just a click on the button.
And I'm still not paying more than 2k for a single poke under tl 90
I pay the lube and mostly I'm the one waiting for the poker and not the other way around.
It's just a click and nothing more.
Ressers are a fun thing to compare to.
They can take on ONE person and if it's a big drone job, they won't be serving any others for a while!
Pokers can have what.. 5-10 people without any problem, probably even more.
And if it takes total of 2 min to poke 5 pokes and you get 2k each and got say 5 people that's 50k in 2min, not bad IMO but maybe that's just me..

seraphian
08-07-04, 09:26
it all depends... sometimes I really feel bad I can only pay 4 or 5k, but it's all I have on me atm (I'm levelling up 2 newb chars of saturn right now... a tank that needs pokes a lot and a PPU that pokes a lot) I usually tip based on how many I need 2, a full set of bones and a zerk-2 gets you 15k if I've got it, jsut a zerk1 or an advanced headbone isn't worth more than 2 or 3k

Archeus
08-07-04, 09:43
Generally 2k a poke up to a max of 10k is good enough. If your under level 20 your free.

People go on about your doing nothing. Well when your sitting in Plaza screaming for a poker for over an hour, just think back to the last poker you insulted by not giving a tip.

Last person not to tip me, I paid to have him killed twice and then told him I wouldn't poke him when he came back.

Sorin
08-07-04, 09:52
I usually pay at least 10k-20k regardless of how many pokes I need or what TL they are. Yeah that includes even if I only need 1 noob bone poke.

And on a side note, I don't accept tips when I poke, I turn trade off. I cba.

SynC_187
08-07-04, 10:04
I usually tip 10k - 15k or as much as I can on a n00b char.

Pokers remember me that way. So if I'm in an op war or something, I can come back and get pokes quickly.

On Saturn I never have problems finding a poker, but Uranus is a pain in the ass.

winnoc
08-07-04, 10:21
Depends on the cash i have on the char.

Plus, i think pokers should go a bove tl 115.

You do notice a difference between a tl84 poke and a tl 115 poke.

If you die the first one will have 3-4 imps fall out, the last one only one.
I'm thinking about loming all hack out of my melee spy and get his pokeskill up insanely high :-)

MjukisDjur
08-07-04, 11:10
POKECOM must be one of the better ideas so far.
But extend it to include ressing and construction so one does not have to give stuff away.
This is really how the remote tools should work.

msdong
08-07-04, 11:37
...You do notice a difference between a tl84 poke and a tl 115 poke....

simple go with 114 Pokin' + buff. then you are on the save side.

on the fee problem. i dont sit around in plaza and if someone calls i might go there to poke ppl. lets als 2k TL86 poke tipper: would you go to a levelspot kill a 2k mob and then move home ? 2k for a few low level pokes are ok but for stuff 70+ inst 5k fair ?
ill poke MC5 for Pro city only for real money or an Rarepart of you choise. if they dont like it watch out for another poker.

my tips depend on the faction of the poker. i give more if he is pro city. just as a kind of bribe because he pokes an enemy.

n3m
08-07-04, 11:45
looks like I kneeled just in time for that piccy :p I Think Im the sexiest person around in that screenie :p
Still need that poke :|

I usually pay 10-25k for a poke job, 100k for a mc5 poke

Type X
08-07-04, 11:49
Ok bro, really dumb nibbish question......wtf is with your bad ass lookin R.P.O.S.....and where and how can i make mine look like that, that f'n pwns!

Kuuselaa
08-07-04, 12:46
Get NeoLaucher Pro and change your R.P.O.S color values ;)

Sorontar
08-07-04, 14:16
I usually tip 2k for the low end pokes ranging up to 10k for my SRI ........ I'm sad I don't have any MC5 :o

But Richard has it spot on with regards to time and effort compared to return for a poker.

And poking boring because you're standing in Plaza all the time ......... well so are the other tradeskillers apparently so no difference there really.