PDA

View Full Version : reserving names

cRazy2003
07-07-04, 21:43
do you think we should be able to reserve names for when doy comes?, since the damn name filter is in now ¬_¬
like in the other post its SO annoying when people have taken your name and never play, its happened a lot of times before. if we can i reserve 'crazy' :p

SilentEye
07-07-04, 21:47
Agreed, I'd love the ability to reserve my name, Silenteye.

Crono
07-07-04, 21:57
ita gotta be gloable though ><

Wouldnt be a bad idea to have it so that if the name is alwready one on one of the Old servers, to have that name reserved for 2 weeks unless used by someone with that name. Still will have problems of some conflicts of intrist, but many have a name reserved on each server anyways, and there will be people trying to ninja other's names that thewy dont even currently use themselvs ;P

-Crono

slaughteruall
07-07-04, 22:04
ita gotta be gloable though ><

Wouldnt be a bad idea to have it so that if the name is alwready one on one of the Old servers, to have that name reserved for 2 weeks unless used by someone with that name. Still will have problems of some conflicts of intrist, but many have a name reserved on each server anyways, and there will be people trying to ninja other's names that thewy dont even currently use themselvs ;P

-Crono

It would need to be done somewhat like what char was made first. Or when you log in it gives you a option to change your name. i have seen different variations of the name slaughter a few times. I'm not worried about other servers with slaughter. i made a noob on each server with that name well except jupiter and venus. But i've seen "bloody slaughter" and other names like that.

If i could not get my APU's and PPU's names in DOY i would be rather upset. Considering i've been using slaughter since early in my BBS days.

Slaughter (i want to keep my name)

Birdman[H.E.]
07-07-04, 22:06
This happen when people is not original with their names like crazy for example, or birdman :)

slaughteruall
07-07-04, 22:10
']This happen when people is not original with their names like crazy for example, or birdman :)

Most of my names are spure of the moment. Or names i used in D2 or what not. My old PE i thought it would be funny to call him mofo. I just thought when i kill someone the DM would be cool. i remember my first PK trip in the aggies i chased a PA2 HC tank out. And all he said to me when i exited was "Damn you mofo". I was on redflash/whiteflash so i could use my BS lol. Tore that guy up.

Slaughter

Richard Slade
07-07-04, 22:31
Or maybe just be sure to reserve your forum name.
Then we all get atleast ONE name for ourselves that's uniqe
And those who use other names, suit yerself :P

Crono
07-07-04, 22:34
Forum names allow non name Filter characters :/

n3m
07-07-04, 22:38
Or maybe just be sure to reserve your forum name.
Then we all get atleast ONE name for ourselves that's uniqe
And those who use other names, suit yerself :PUnless theyre gonna change some stuff (just read we'll hear later on) most are fubar'd ;)

Like Crono said basically :X

Crono
07-07-04, 22:43
They gotta do something so that its not a race to make your char names against others who saw your name over the past year you have been using and realized they want that one instead.

but either way, names SHOULD be global atleast on the DOY servers.

QuantumDelta
07-07-04, 22:47
Do I even really need to pass comment on this one? :p

Crono
07-07-04, 22:48
go for it :P

tracid
07-07-04, 23:32
I have question ;)

Anthony Vardick is good for the filter name ?

And if it is , their is a man on pluto/saturn who ve got this pseudo ??

n3m
07-07-04, 23:33
its got dick, so with a profanity filter I doubt it..

tracid
07-07-04, 23:35
rofl , u thinks it will be banned by this ¤ù$^*@ filter ?

Mr Friendly
07-07-04, 23:57
do you think we should be able to reserve names for when doy comes?, since the damn name filter is in now ¬_¬
like in the other post its SO annoying when people have taken your name and never play, its happened a lot of times before. if we can i reserve 'crazy' :p

first come first serve bud :p

plus, pfft, we have l337 speak, can easily us e aform of ur name if its taken then PK the feker who stole it :p