PDA

View Full Version : Doing my bit to help out KK promote this game

YoDa-UK
07-07-04, 18:45
Just thought while i was showing my son the trailer i downloaded for DOY, why am i not seeing this trailer in other places, well maybe in time it will be out there, but i also thought that maybe we the community can help them out a bit, remember nothing beats word of mouth for advertising, so with that said i took a quick trip to what i thought would be PC Gamer website, only to be redirected to another website, which is very good for gamers it seems in the UK at least.

Anyway i joined their forums and checked out you can talk about any games there, they promote a lot of them, so i posted this:

Anima promoting DOY :) (http://forum.gamesradar.com/viewtopic.php?p=863097#863097)

Another promotion here (http://www.forumplanet.com/gamespy/pc/topic.asp?fid=1406&tid=1413640)

I hope this is ok with KK people, im just trying to get this trailer out there for people who don't see this forum, maybe pull in a few extra people to the game, i'm gonna check out some other forums and see if i can post without breaking rules obviously and get people to check this game out :)

Would be cool if some others do the same, we can do our bit.

Nidhogg
07-07-04, 18:48
You might want to go and address the "it gave me a virus" post. ;)

N

YoDa-UK
07-07-04, 18:54
lol i have already, god knows what he is on about

sanityislost
07-07-04, 18:58
prolly has his thumb or a large twig rammed up his ass

SiL ..:..

hivemind
07-07-04, 19:03
My experience is that game sites tend to be a bit cynical, and if you join a forum and your first post is pimping a "new" game or something of the sort, you'll be ridiculed and ignored.

As we're seeing there.

A better bet would be to engage in a little guerilla marketing amongst friends, relatives, coworkers, etc.

Clownst0pper
07-07-04, 19:04
My experience is that game sites tend to be a bit cynical, and if you join a forum and your first post is pimping a "new" game or something of the sort, you'll be ridiculed and ignored.

As we're seeing there.

A better bet would be to engage in a little guerilla marketing amongst friends, relatives, coworkers, etc.

Thats because the person being negative about NC has A) never played it B) doesnt want to loose players to it ;)

slaughteruall
07-07-04, 19:06
I did my part. Posted a link here (http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=2903632#post2903632)

Slaughter

Lexxuk
Aye, thread looks.. "2 new people sayin ohh lookie" and forum vets sayin "its crap" naturally the people are gunna listen to the vets, so might be anti-publicity :p

hivemind
Thats because the person being negative about NC has A) never played it B) doesnt want to loose players to it ;)
Regardless, coming into an established forum solely to pimp a game or website is a pretty sure way to get the readers of that forum to ignore you or make fun of you.

If you're a contributing member of a forum somewhere, then by all means pimp the game. I'm just saying that making accounts on gaming forums just to post once and promote NC is largely counterproductive.

Cyphor
Good idea but might be better sticking to mmorpg or pc forums, from what i can see thats mainly a consol forum and the two types of gamers generally have different tastes, those posting neg. feedback about the game most likely have never tried it, they just want to be negative for the sake of trying to act superior, because its "their forum" :rolleyes:

YoDa-UK
07-07-04, 19:16
Well regardless, its getting it shown, people will click the link and check it out if they hate me or not for being a newbie to their forums and posting about a game i play.

Fact is as we stand we need more players, we need more advertising, in the past week or so how many posts we seen from players asking about when they gonna see it anywhere except on these forums.

Fact is we don't know what bigben has in store for DOY, we don't know the campaign lined up from KK, but what we do know is we have some power as gamers ourselves to promote a game we been playing for ages and thats that.

Of course there will be people who see me posting about a game when im new to them and being negative about it, but untill i see a reply with the words "that trailer was shit, i wasted my time d/ling it" im not gonna forget a forum.

Anyway im haing out at gamespy now, looks of people there who play games i think 8|

Archeus
07-07-04, 19:18
You might want to go and address the "it gave me a virus" post. ;)

N

From what I gather that is a typical comment directed at people pimping on other sites.

YoDa-UK
07-07-04, 19:24
Thing is thes guys think im "pimping" "god knows why its called that, but anyway" yet it is a free forum, not a game related one like this one is, where its only about the game we play, if it was for another game like SWG then of course i would expect people to jump on my back about trying to pull players away from another game to come play this one.

The forums i will visit are free gaming forums where you can talk about anything game related, these forums tend to be where people who are bored hang out and talk shop and such.

But again we are shown the internet at its finest, parents who don't put limits on their kids internet time, i blame the parents, not the ISP lol

garyu69
07-07-04, 19:25
http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm/load/forums/loadforum/51/loadthread/16608/setstart/1/loadclass/35

Attackt those MMORPG Boards!!! muhahahhaha

YoDa-UK
07-07-04, 19:58
more here :) (http://www.forumplanet.com/gamespy/pc/forum.asp?fid=1415)

hehe

james_finn
07-07-04, 20:17
well i e-mailed Game (UK games retailer) and asked why it wasnt in their preorder list :lol:

And also sent a nice e-mail to the editor of PC Gamer (UK) and asked why they hadnt followed up neocron like the rest of the MMORPGs that they have done special articles on, also gave the link to the video, and asked nicely if I might see it on the DVD...... :angel: ...... we can but hope

delphi

YoDa-UK
07-07-04, 20:21
Excellent James, was gonna do that myself but you beat me to it, PC Gamer always has trailers and such on their CD's, so lets hope so.

Jonax
07-07-04, 20:24
And also sent a nice e-mail to the editor of PC Gamer (UK) and asked why they hadnt followed up neocron like the rest of the MMORPGs that they have done special articles on, also gave the link to the video, and asked nicely if I might see it on the DVD...... :angel: ...... we can but hope

You're pretty lucky that it isn't Kieron Gillen whose editing PCG UK - I could just imagine the reply :lol:

Anyway, if there isn't a post already on PCG's forums then I'll post it after I've seen the trailer myself (d/ling the MPEG now :D) - I've got what was once a pretty active account so it should help :)

james_finn
07-07-04, 20:26
Excellent James, was gonna do that myself but you beat me to it, PC Gamer always has trailers and such on their CD's, so lets hope so.

That doesnt mean that you dont have too :D Make them think that we do have a large playerbase and that they are neglecting their readers by not showing them Dome of York :D

The more people send the more they might take notice..... :angel: ...... :D

Maybe a KK employee should do it too, I think MJS would do the best e-mail to him :D

Delphi

YoDa-UK
07-07-04, 20:58
gimme his email addy and ill send him a request to see neocron and DOY trailer on the next PC gamer :)

james_finn
07-07-04, 21:16
ross.atherton@futurenet.co.uk

And dont spam him too much or me may realise that we r fanboi's ;)

delphi

YoDa-UK
07-07-04, 21:28
Done and done, cheers James :)

If people are going to email this guy, try and make your email as polite and grown up as possible and no spamming him, this guy has a lot of power for games when they appear in this magazine, so lets be nice :D

Celt
07-07-04, 22:02
I got it added to mpogd.com's frontpage, also e-mailed mmorpg.com about putting it in their news.

YoDa-UK
07-07-04, 22:05
great stuff celt :)

Massacre**
07-07-04, 22:09
prolly has his thumb or a large twig rammed up his ass

SiL ..:..

I'm not being a prick but ur avatar and sig is fucked up. I find it VERY VERY offensive :P.

Thanks
[Verypissed off] Warbots

Celt
07-07-04, 22:13
I'm not being a prick but ur avatar and sig is fucked up. I find it VERY VERY offensive :P.

Thanks
[Verypissed off] WarbotsI think it's bad taste personally ;)

Moscow
07-07-04, 22:24
If you can, try to get Richard Cobbet (PCGamer and dozens of other Future Publishing mags) on the story; he's absolutely nuts about the game. But, as people have already said, be polite when E-mailing them.

They're good people "IRL" and bloody polite, although they're a LOT shorter than they seem in the magazine. :p

Peace.

-Moscow

Clothing_Option
07-07-04, 22:50
http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm/load/forums/loadforum/51/loadthread/16608/setstart/1/loadclass/35

Attackt those MMORPG Boards!!! muhahahhaha

GOD DAmN RIGHT Gary!!!!
KK should just put a a friggin banner at fileplanet
WHO MUCH COULD THAT COST.
SHIT i probably spend more on lunch than that would cost per day

Marx
07-07-04, 23:03

Thanks
[Verypissed off] Warbots
Woman, fake blood, with large hair pin... over tongue.

Woman with what looks more like fecal matter than blood on a wall spelling 'I <3 NC'.

Stop being so uptight, none of it is really that disturbing. :wtf:

Back on track; good luck with the forum invasions, you're better off trying to get vets of those particular forums to preach though - in most cases the elitist pricks of the forum will pull the 'hur hurr' routine and shit up your thread.