PDA

View Full Version : idea for KK

Flashlite
07-07-04, 17:33
i think KK needs to post the trailer on www.mmorpg.com maybe get more people to see the new neocron.

SilentEye
07-07-04, 17:34
Good idea, 5 stars!

hinch
07-07-04, 17:35
perhaps they should email gamespy too oO

Thanatos
07-07-04, 17:38
News have been sent out to all major sites, just waiting for them to be posted. Fileplanet should be hosting the trailer too but they haven't added it yet.

Thanatos
07-07-04, 17:45
BTW stratics.com got a new spam filter that simply rejects mails sent with the email client The Bat!... anyone ever seen that before?

Flashlite
07-07-04, 17:46
News have been sent out to all major sites, just waiting for them to be posted. Fileplanet should be hosting the trailer too but they haven't added it yet.

is www.mmorpg.com one of them?

ezza
07-07-04, 17:46
theres a edit function for a reason sir ;)

n3m
07-07-04, 17:50
BTW stratics.com got a new spam filter that simply rejects mails sent with the email client The Bat!... anyone ever seen that before?the spam filter or the email client?

[TgR]KILLER
07-07-04, 17:54

mail a download link for the movie to redactie@pczone.nl :p gonna make me happy when its on there dvd next month ;)

Thanatos
07-07-04, 17:59
We usually mail Gamespy, IGN, Gamespot, bluesnews, mmoprg.com, mpogd.com, Stratics, rpgdot and ggmania.com for english news. Anything major missing there?

I meant spam filters rejecting mails certain clients. Or people actually using that feature.

hinch
07-07-04, 18:02
yes alot of the big sites insist that you can only mail them via their webforms stops bulk spam scripts from working

suggest also an email bulletin to all current and previous nc account holders trawl that db

as for sites

omgn.com
ign.com

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=MMORPG+news+sites

Morganth
07-07-04, 18:03
We usually mail Gamespy, Gamespot, bluesnews, mmoprg.com, mpogd.com, Stratics, rpgdot and ggmania.com for english news. Anything major missing there?

I meant spam filters rejecting mails certain clients. Or people actually using that feature.

You've got a good coverage of English sites there. Hopefully the publisher of BDoY will also contact some English PC gaming magazines to get the trailer on there, maybe even the client if you are lucky.

hinch
07-07-04, 18:04
oh yeah perhaps contact future publishing also :)

Flashlite
07-07-04, 18:05
i hope they do. want to see neocron and kk be a big company/game in the mmorpg world.

Thanatos
07-07-04, 18:11
It's not due to some webforms, sending the mail with Firefox worked fine.

Contacted that dutch mag, let me know if it shows up on the DVD.

james_finn
07-07-04, 18:14
Yeah Future publishings = PC Gamer (Biggest UK games magazine (Neocron got highly rated on their firsat time round), PC Format (maybe they'd do a vid) But tbh future publishings is THE uk magazine consortium :D

:angel: I dont think anyone reads anything else :D

Delphi

Birkoff
oh yeah perhaps contact future publishing also :)

lol

Make my day also if i was at work and spotted the BDoy trailor on one of the CDs on a mag :P

n3m
Contacted that dutch mag, let me know if it shows up on the DVD.ohh nice :)

Morganth
07-07-04, 18:15
Yeah Future publishings = PC Gamer (Biggest UK games magazine (Neocron got highly rated on their firsat time round), PC Format (maybe they'd do a vid) But tbh future publishings is THE uk magazine consortium :D

:angel: I dont think anyone reads anything else :D

Delphi

Anyone know the email address of these mags to get something on the cover disk? If not I will try and get hold of some addresses to give BDoY some publicity.

james_finn
07-07-04, 18:17
pcgamer@futurenet.co.uk :D

God i love all my magazines :D

KK get a trial client for neocron on PC Gamers DVD, people would stay for DoY if they see what neocron is like now. Thats the best strategy AFAIK, grab people before DoY and keep them for the launch, hence 1000+ servers on first day :D

Delphi

Morganth
07-07-04, 18:20
pcgamer@futurenet.co.uk :D

God i love all my magazines :D

KK get a trial client for neocron on PC Gamers DVD, people would stay for DoY if they see what neocron is like now. Thats the best strategy AFAIK, grab people before DoY and keep them for the launch, hence 1000+ servers on first day :D

Delphi

Then I guess pcformat@futurenet.co.uk works as well.

james_finn
07-07-04, 18:40
Then I guess pcformat@futurenet.co.uk works as well.

Lol, im impressed, awesome common sense :p

try it, ill try and dig out a copy later

delphi

Archeus
07-07-04, 18:48
You should try and let that SKY1 TV show (forget the name) with Games Guru on it to show. They showed SWG, among other MMORPGs.

sanityislost
07-07-04, 18:49
Ok places to email

edge@futurenet.co.uk
gamesmaster@futurenet.co.uk
tycho@penny-arcade.com

SiL ..:..

james_finn
07-07-04, 18:55
Get the vid as a TV advertisement, that would get so many people interested.... :D But maybe they dont have enough cash to do that (I believe its pretty expensive) so lets get advertisements into all of the magazines and get letters into all of the "cables" collumns :D

Delphi

Clownst0pper
07-07-04, 18:59
It's not due to some webforms, sending the mail with Firefox worked fine.

Contacted that dutch mag, let me know if it shows up on the DVD.

Contact PCZONE

um..try...licensedir@denis.co.uk

Or...Letters@pczone.co.uk

just ask for dave woods :) There letters box and license box or something, cant find a way to contact them about company matters :S

james_finn
07-07-04, 19:54
Well so far I have contacted Game (UK games retailer) about being disapointed that the game is not in their preorder list. And I have also contacted the Editor of PC Gamer (UK) about the fact that they have kept up too date of all other MMORPGs except Neocron, so I complained that it was unfair and needed to be rectified. :lol:

I also let him know about the video, and gave him the official address to get hold of the video, so heres hoping that it is in the next DVD ;)

What has everyone else done to get DoY into the known market?

Delphi