PDA

View Full Version : Question about FC's

slaughteruall
07-07-04, 16:07
Quick question.

Are there any USA/canada FC"s or even FCA's?

I have a theory that I hope is wrong.

Slaughter

rob444
07-07-04, 16:22
Are there any faction counsellers at all? :lol:
Only faction counseller I've seen the past 6 months is the N.E.X.T one on saturn.

slaughteruall
07-07-04, 16:29
Are there any faction counsellers at all? :lol:
Only faction counseller I've seen the past 6 months is the N.E.X.T one on saturn.

Yeah i know. But this goes along with a theory i have about the FC system. I have not seen the TT FC in well over 9 months by now. KK says he is still around but he never checks his forum PM's or his ingame email. And no one has seen his chars on any server (non FC alts).

Could a MOD plz comment on this?

Slaughter

Josh Dabbs
07-07-04, 16:33
Yes there are FC's based in the US (Not sure about Canada though).. I can think of at least two, and there's probably more.

ezza
07-07-04, 16:40
the FCs last about 5 mins.

slaughteruall
07-07-04, 16:53
Yes there are FC's based in the US (Not sure about Canada though).. I can think of at least two, and there's probably more.

Who?

Slaughter

rob444
07-07-04, 16:56
I know, the TT faction counseller has ditched us, sad but true :)
He hasnt responded to my email etc. and it was a long time ago I sent it. I've seen his other account posting on this forum how great the previous op war was etc. not long ago... The only conclusion is that he went to another faction :mad:

slaughteruall
07-07-04, 17:10
I know, the TT faction counseller has ditched us, sad but true :)
He hasnt responded to my email etc. and it was a long time ago I sent it. I've seen his other account posting on this forum how great the previous op war was etc. not long ago... The only conclusion is that he went to another faction :mad:

Well maybe KK should get off there ass and get TT a new one. Like i've PM'd so many people about. I've yet to get a response that says more then "TT already has a FC". Really they do? Then where the hell is he.

Slaughter

Josh Dabbs
07-07-04, 17:14
Well they read the forums, so if they want to say where they are from and which time zone they work out of, then I'm sure they will do just that.

Don't forget that we FC's usually cover two servers each (unless there is only one FC for a given faction, in which case we'll try to visit all four) so it's possible that the FC's you see on an irregular basis are actually visiting the servers they normally wouldn't cover. E.g. I dont visit Uranus or Jupiter very often, but I do stop by when I can.

Hell-demon
07-07-04, 17:14
Yeah get a new TT councellor :)

slaughteruall
07-07-04, 17:24
Well they read the forums, so if they want to say where they are from and which time zone they work out of, then I'm sure they will do just that.

Don't forget that we FC's usually cover two servers each (unless there is only one FC for a given faction, in which case we'll try to visit all four) so it's possible that the FC's you see on an irregular basis are actually visiting the servers they normally wouldn't cover. E.g. I dont visit Uranus or Jupiter very often, but I do stop by when I can.

The point i'm trying to make is that you never see certain FC's even though KK says they exist and are active. KK needs to pull there head out of there ass and pay attention to things that happen on there servers. The fact is there are not enough FC's to go around. Why is that? I know a few people including myself that have tried out to be the TT FC. And we have all gotten turned down. Myself living in the USA. And another person who is from the USA living in germany for work.

Slaughter

Nidhogg
07-07-04, 17:40
Maybe, rather than looking for absolutely anything to smash KK around the head with today you might want to contribute yourself. FC's are voluntary positions (like moderators and GMs) so why not apply? Drop an email to arbiter@gm.neocron.com if you want to step up to the plate. If you got turned down, try again, or get someone you know to try.

N

ezza
07-07-04, 17:40
tbh i think slaughters on the bounce

Darken
07-07-04, 17:43
Ye you ppl dont see the FCs alot sometimes.
But they work alot in the background organizing stuff, planning events etc.
They really work hard and do a great job.
<-- FCA myself.
Srz im not from Canada ;)

Additionally as already said some FCs have to cover 4 Servers, tho dont forget its human-beings :lol: they have a RL too

slaughteruall
07-07-04, 17:48
Maybe, rather than looking for absolutely anything to smash KK around the head with today you might want to contribute yourself. FC's are voluntary positions (like moderators and GMs) so why not apply? Drop an email to arbiter@gm.neocron.com if you want to step up to the plate. If you got turned down, try again, or get someone you know to try.

N

I have applied several times. I know quite a few people that also have applied. I have been interviewed, others have been interviewed. I'm not TT anymore so i dont care (well my tradeskillers are still TT). I have moved on to a more active faction. And how was this anyway trying to bash KK. Why could it of not been trying to see if there are any FC's that possibly be playing at the same time i am? Considering they could be playing in different time zones/ times of the day which is why i never see them. I do bash KK alot for stupid shit. But hell they deserve it must of the time. But i do KNOW that there are alot of Factions with out a FC. And dont try to tell me otherwise.

Maybe KK could turn the servers over to another company like they did with uranus. They seem to have it pretty good over there. They actually have these things called events. Dont even know the last time we had one on saturn. Was it the kami soldier event? Besides the easter hunt and xmas thing.

tbh i think slaughters on the bounce

What the hell does that mean?

Ye you ppl dont see the FCs alot sometimes.
But they work alot in the background organizing stuff, planning events etc.
They really work hard and do a great job.
<-- FCA myself.
Srz im not from Canada

Additionally as already said some FCs have to cover 4 Servers, tho dont forget its human-beings they have a RL too

Events what events? We dont get any on saturn.

Slaughter

ezza
07-07-04, 17:50
it means every post you made today is just a bitch at anything and everything

WebShock
07-07-04, 17:50
hmm...

im not looking for a hammer here, but isn't it quite funny how jupiter has all kinds of events and saturn doesnt?

bah this isnt a topic that im open to discuss

ezza
07-07-04, 17:51
saturn dosnt have events cos GMs/KK dont seem to like the saturn crowd :lol:

slaughteruall
07-07-04, 17:52
hmm...

im not looking for a hammer here, but isn't it quite funny how jupiter has all kinds of events and saturn doesnt?

Yeah dont go there. I know exactly what your getting at.

it means every post you made today is just a bitch at anything and everything

Maybe because i'm one of the few people with the balls to speak my mind. That and as long as this thread stays civil it will not get a "keep it in game" post.

Slaughter

Drake6k
07-07-04, 17:56
I'm BD FCA for Pluto and I'm here. Kirja the BD FC also plays a lot.

Also I am freaking sick of people saying there are no Events. When eveyrone said there was so many events on Pluto its because the players make events!!!!!!!!!! Go make one, contact GMs, FCs, exc, they will help you.

Mr_Snow
07-07-04, 17:59
The FA FC, Tamara really long ass name, is from hawaii I think.

Darken
07-07-04, 17:59
tbh, some reason for no events on Saturn is that prolly some Clans or ppl or what ever go there and ruin it by pking everyone or trying something else just to feel great that they spoiled the event.
So why should they waste their time doing an event which will prolly get ruined as it happened alot in the past.

slaughteruall
07-07-04, 18:05
tbh, some reason for no events on Saturn is that prolly some Clans or ppl or what ever go there and ruin it by pking everyone or trying something else just to feel great that they spoiled the event.
So why should they waste their time doing an event which will prolly get ruined as it happened alot in the past.

Because that is what they do. If they dont want to risk it happening then there not here for the comunity are they.

Slaughter

Darken
07-07-04, 18:08
But if the comunity cries for events ? why do they ruin and spoil them ?

slaughteruall
07-07-04, 18:10

Not everyone ruins the events. When was the last event that was ruined? Hell when was the last event on saturn? If pluto had more then 100 players there would be people there ruining the events also. Thats what happens when you get 300+ people on a server with different playing styles.

Slaughter

Morganth
07-07-04, 18:11

Not everyone ruins the events. When was the last event that was ruined? Hell when was the last event on saturn? If pluto had more then 100 players there would be people there ruining the events also. Thats what happens when you get 300+ people on a server with different playing styles.

Slaughter

Well, one part of the community cries for events and the other part ruins them. Remember when the combat vehicles were released on Saturn? There was a race day and towards the end of it a certain member of a certain clan decided to launch Moonie rockets at all the parked vehicles, destroying them and killing assorted people. Haven't had one since. And the GMs that were present didn't do anything about this certain clan preceding to ruin the event for everyone else, they just logged :(

seraphian
07-07-04, 19:19
being 'active' and being ACTIVE are 2 different things...

IMHO an active FC is one that is actually in game promoting the faction, organizing things, helping people, ect. There are a few VERY active FCs out there, some others are technically counted as active, but you never see around.

Ronald Rodriguez, the TG FC is VERY active, he does a lot out-of-game, but you see him around a fair deal, which is actually kind of surprising given the fact that he covers a lot of ground and english is his second language.

Henry Dorsett, of NexT systems, is also really active, I see him around a few times a week, even if he's just checking in. Same thing with Dr. Snyder of Protopharm.
These are the only 3 FCs I really have experiance with, having never had a Crahn, Tsunami, or BD character. and I've never seen the FA FC around, so I really can't say much about him other than that.

Krysm
07-07-04, 19:59
All of the official storyline events are performed on all servers. Because of the Neocronicle, there is at least one per server, every week. However, as the event team is gearing away from Admin messages, it often does not involve the entire server. Just because you do not participate in an event every week does not mean they do not happen.

Additional events are made from the ideas of the players. If you would like to create an event, send a private message to your FC. The ingame names can be found here (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=96953&highlight=faction+counsellor), and the forum names can be found using the greets found in this (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=990413#post990413) thread as there is no set rule for the names. If you can't find your FC, then talk to another one. Every FC will be more than happy to help set up an event with you. That's what we do.

Just because you don't see them doesn't mean they don't ever go on the server. Most of us prefer to hang out in not-so-populated areas.

And to answer the question - There are four FCs who live in the United States/Canada. If you would like to see us online more often at a specified time, do not hesitate to contact one of us. We all try very hard to enrich the roleplaying experience of the game. If we are missing something, do not hesitate to contact one of us.

Off the top of my head, the American/Canadian FCs are:
Alex Starr - NExT (Pluto, Uranus)
Myself - Black Dragon (Pluto, Saturn)
Tamara DaSilva-Lightbreaker - Fallen Angels (Saturn, Uranus)
Lucas J. Anderson - BioTech (Pluto, Saturn)

I hope I was able to help somewhat.

System
07-07-04, 20:49
How many FC's are there? Oh whats that? Not enough. FC's should not do more then one server. A FC should be on the server that he knows more about and likes. If you did that then there would be a shit load more events and such. Get it together god damnit.

Me personally I play saturn and haven't seen shit happen. I don't play this damn game anymore because the fact there is nothing NEW happening. I will be back when there is something new maybe. But right now my clan is a dead stick because this game has provided nothing at all for the older players to enjoy their selves. 90% of my clan doesnt even play anymore because of the stupid shit that you guys don't do.

There needs to be more FC's, get off your ass and start recruiting.

-- Diablos --

Jest
07-07-04, 20:58
There are ZERO West Coast FC/GMs. In fact the only single solitary FCA I know from the West Coast on ANY server is myself. (Might be one or two more).

slaughteruall
07-07-04, 21:00
How many FC's are there? Oh whats that? Not enough. FC's should not do more then one server. A FC should be on the server that he knows more about and likes. If you did that then there would be a shit load more events and such. Get it together god damnit.

Me personally I play saturn and haven't seen shit happen. I don't play this damn game anymore because the fact there is nothing NEW happening. I will be back when there is something new maybe. But right now my clan is a dead stick because this game has provided nothing at all for the older players to enjoy their selves. 90% of my clan doesnt even play anymore because of the stupid shit that you guys don't do.

There needs to be more FC's, get off your ass and start recruiting.

-- Diablos --

Agree 100% i stoped playing pluto because it was to slow and boring for me. I'm sure people who like pluto would say saturn is to fast paced and deadly (PvP oriented) for them.

All of the official storyline events are performed on all servers. Because of the Neocronicle, there is at least one per server, every week. However, as the event team is gearing away from Admin messages, it often does not involve the entire server. Just because you do not participate in an event every week does not mean they do not happen.

Maybe it's the fact that i just left a dead faction for a more lively one. But i dont even know or heard of anyone on saturn being in or even hearing of a event in quite some time.

Just because you don't see them doesn't mean they don't ever go on the server. Most of us prefer to hang out in not-so-populated areas.

No the fact that in the past 8 or 9 months he has never been on. I and others have sent him in-game emails and even forum PM's.

edit: I know the forum name of the last TT FC. The person is on here alot. But never as a FC. Which leads me to think he is not active anymore.

Kirja i thank you for your time. You have already told me more then i have gotten out of GM's and mod's in the past 8 or 9 months. The major thing is that Vladimir Orlovski is not active as a FC or even if he is still the TT FC. And no one seems to care. I got sick and tired of fighting KK to get us a new FC and since then i have gave up on TT and went BD. My tradeskillers are still TT for now. I'm not sure what NC holds for my future at this time.

Slaughter

Krysm
07-07-04, 21:19

That option has also been considered of course. There are currently 24 FC positions; two for each faction. If there is one FC per faction on every Reakktor server, there are now 48 FC positions.

We acknowledge the fact that we aren't online when some of you are, but that can easily be fixed by talking to your FC (through either ingame emails, or forum PMs) and agreeing on a time in which both parties will be online.

We are still actively recruiting FCs. If you or someone else you know deeply cares about roleplaying and events, recommend to that person to fill out the application found on this (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=65706) thread and email it to Arbiter@Neocron.com.

Every week there is at least one new thing happening. If you'd like a few hints on where to find these new things, you should take a look at this (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=102612) thread. There is a new Neocronicle every Friday.

If you do not know anyone who would like to apply to be an FC, and you are still having trouble finding new things in the world, you can always make things of your own. Think of an event idea that really floats your boat, and PM it to any FC or Event GM. If you do not get a response from the FC or Event GM that you sent it to, send it to another one. If all else fails, you can post it on these forums, and an FC/Event GM will contact you shortly after reading it.

I hope I was able to help.

seraphian
07-07-04, 21:22
hmm...

I can't say very much, but I'm working on some stuff/some people are thinking about some stuff that's going to happen on multiple servers (mainly the english ones, my German is OK, but not good enough to RP with) and it will definitely happen on saturn too.

ALthough I was kind of miffed that when I asked for 'help and advice wit ha saturn event' I got 2 responses... I posted on this board and 2 unnoficial ones.

aKe`cj
07-07-04, 21:25
A FC should be on the server that he knows more about and likes. If you did that then there would be a shit load more events and such. Get it together god damnit.

I think you got something wrong here. As to what I've read, Faction Councellors are not to be considered 24/7 event producing machines. They are there to assist & help "their" faction and to support player-events, not to entertain everyone 24/7 and not to lead the faction either. Creating events themselfs is just another point on the list and you should be glad for any of those you get instead of claiming them for what you deserve.

another reason people constantly bitch about is the amount of events Server-XY receives compared to other servers, the amount of server-XY related stories in the cronicle compared to the rest ....this all is down to one simple reasen: the players of these servers obviously spend more time in a productive matter, contributing event-ideas // articles instead of sticking arround the forums and constantly whining about how everyone else gets all the cookies. ...you think your FC is not active enough ...when was the last time you asked him for something specific ("we want more events!" is not very specific, yet miles ahead of remaining silent and saying: our FC is not active)

I dont say every faction has a worthy or active FC ....I know some ppl do not even have a FC assigned. But you cant force people to spend their freetime doing stuff for other peoples enjoyment. What you ask for is a fulltime, paid Event-Writer who feeds the Event&Content Coordinators with enough material.

I find it very disrespective to throw dirt at the volunteers, as they sacrifice their time in order to enrich my gaming experience...of which I am more than thankful.
Just imagine how thinks would look like w/o any volunteers working for free.
In my opinion even a bad volunteer is worth more than none, unless he blocks a better applicant.

Jest
07-07-04, 21:28
Btw dont get me wrong, I think the current active FCs are doing a great job. But they cant play at every time of day. And when the only GMs to do American events are the ones who sacrifice sleep and stay up till 3 in the morning, Im sorry thats just not fair for the players or the GMs. We need West Coast GMs and FCs plain and simple. Please KK before BDoY comes out, get a new wave of dedicated players who are willing to do events and please give special consideration to the ones in the West.

System
07-07-04, 21:29
If you do not get a response from the FC or Event GM that you sent it to, send it to another one. If all else fails, you can post it on these forums, and an FC/Event GM will contact you shortly after reading it.

That should not be. You should only have to email one person and thats it. If that person isn't responding then fire him. He is not being active or make it known that he is away for some time.

Think of an event idea that really floats your boat

Yea I'v done my own event with finding me around the world and shit, giving mc5 parts, chips, rare weapons away to give people something to do. Yes it is fun has hell but I cannot give mc5 chips out every day or rare weapons out everyday.

There is a new Neocronicle every Friday.

Last times i've read that there isn't much happening on Saturn...

Thing is you don't have enough people that are active. Stop saying they are there. Being a FC is like being a GM. You have to give up playing the game a lot and start working. You need to find people like that and which you do not have people like that right now you have people that rather be on other names and alts of theres then being on their FC in-game.

-- Diabos --

seraphian
07-07-04, 21:37
I think you got something wrong here. As to what I've read, Faction Councellors are not to be considered 24/7 event producing machines. They are there to assist & help "their" faction and to support player-events, not to entertain everyone 24/7 and not to lead the faction either. Creating events themselfs is just another point on the list and you should be glad for any of those you get instead of claiming them for what you deserve.

I think you guys underestimate the amount of work an idea takes to turn into a real event, especially if it has any storyline impact.

<<PS this is my personal experiances with it, not meant to be indicitive of the way things work in general... I'm a lowly player, not an FC or anything else, so I have less access in a lot of ways that someone higher up might>>

First you have to have a really good idea, get some other people who want to see it happen, and generally make sure that it will be attended and liked. Then, if it has ANY storyline impact (basically if it's anything other than a PvP tournement that's purely player-run) you have to get it cleared by storyline... which used to be Callash all by his lonesome, and now is Honeypot I belive.

These two people rank among the busiest people on the planet.

The fact that they work on German time means getting up at 5am or staying up until 5am if oyu need to catch them online. I don't even know what kind of stuff they have to do, but assuming you get approval, If it's going to be a GM run event or involve GMs you need to find out how to get them involved, get word to the players (unless it's an event that 'just happens') and get everything else lined up. This is incredibly difficult, especially if you're working around the time difference.

Events, especially good ones, do not happen overnight, and oftentimes, they just don't work out.. but there are people out there trying.

..i..DemonX
07-07-04, 21:38
I know 2 ppl who was at the Interview and after a few Days they said uh no chance for us. One wrote again a Mail and not even got a reply. He wrote a mail for GM Spot as well and not got a reply.
So yeah its very good to try be FC/GM!
Nobody will talk with ya anyways.

And it is a Fact! That kidna most FC's are not active like the Roster will tell us. I mean i saw Winston Cross 1 time in like 2 months on Pluto!
However ppl will say who care about Pluto and his low pop, i will say the low pop does! They as well pay for the game and like theyr server!

WHY IS IT NOT POSSIBLE TO DO 1! FC PER SERVER?
Where is the big problem on it?
And why not kick them out if they not at least on say around 5 times for at least 3 - X hrs online a month?

Krysm
07-07-04, 21:47
Yea I'v done my own event with finding me around the work and shit, giving mc5 parts, chips, rare weapons away to give people something to do. Yes it is fun has hell but I cannot give mc5 chips out every day or rare weapons out everyday.

While it's really great that you sucessfully executed your own event, it's not absolutely necessary for all events to have rewards as valuable as those.

Last times i've read that there isn't much happening on Saturn...

The articles that are server relevant are written by members of that server. If you would like to see more Neocronicle articles that concern Saturn, you should write them. If you have no ideas for articles, you can always write about a current political issue, or maybe conduct an interview with a clan leader. There are many things you can do.

Thing is you don't have enough people that are active. Stop saying they are there. Being a FC is like being a GM. You have to give up playing the game a lot and start working. You need to find people like that and which you do not have people like that right now you have people that rather be on other names and alts of theres then being on their FC in-game.

Inactive FCs are not inactive because they are having too much fun on their private account. Although all of us are extremely dedicated to being an FC, real life takes precidence over this. If you or someone you know feels that he/she is dedicated enough to become an FC, please advise that person to fill out the application on the thread I previously mentioned.

If you would like to see us ingame more often, have members of your faction compile a date and time in which it is the most active. From there, you and your FC can compromise a time in which everyone can be online.

And why not kick them out if they not at least on say around 5 times for at least 3 - X hrs online a month?

An FC will never be kicked for being inactive unless there is a replacement readily available.

Hope I was able to help.

System
07-07-04, 22:08
An FC will never be kicked for being inactive unless there is a replacement readily available.

Kick them out and find one. Yes I know there are real life shit going on. Everyone has a RL. But If it is interfearing with being a FC that much because none of them log hardly at all then find a new one.

If you or someone you know feels that he/she is dedicated enough to become an FC, please advise that person to fill out the application on the thread I previously mentioned.

Whats the point. You guys don't allow 99.98% of the people who sign up in. So what is the point... Or you just don't respond which is so nice.

berty
07-07-04, 22:31
just to let you know slaughter there was a small event on saturn with 2 FCs and a GM at nemesis mine last week, they spawned over 50+ malfunctioning copbots and enemies.

After spamming zone/OCC/Trade/Faction (for over 30 minutes) only 5/6 runners turned up from a server of 250 - and none from the relevant factions.

Oh and this was run at about 1/2 am UK time, which I think is just about right for the americans.

Events get ruined by mindless gimps who think that by killing people who are trying to rp or enjoy themselves is "adding" to the experience is sadly misled. To do it "because you can" isnt a good enough excuse anymore - and really tantermount to grief play.

Oh and on a personal note

Ive not met an FC yet who was a L33t Pkr on their normal charecters - each one is an Rpr whos actually there for the faction/community not to spam trade with how well they killed you or how over powerd they are.

So if you are a PVP scum sucker who enjoys hunting down n00bs and killing anything that moves (even if you are playing a psychotic killer (which is so lame by the way)) DONT BOTHER APPLYING FOR AN FC POSITION. KK are a little slow with some things but theyve not got the FCs selection wrong yet.

Berty
FCA CM (Pluto)

Krysm
07-07-04, 23:24
Kick them out and find one. Yes I know there are real life shit going on. Everyone has a RL. But If it is interfearing with being a FC that much because none of them log hardly at all then find a new one.

No FC will be kicked unless there is a replacement readily available. It is better to have an FC who has always wanted to be a certain faction than to have one who is just there because the position is empty.

Whats the point. You guys don't allow 99.98% of the people who sign up in. So what is the point... Or you just don't respond which is so nice.

Although I am not in charge of the applications, I'm sure that they will be replied to when time is available.

Keep in mind that you do not need the FC of your faction to help you organize an event. You can contact any other FC and the event will be done to the same standards as if it was your own FC. I apologize for not having mentioned this earlier.

Hell-demon
08-07-04, 00:10
Kirja is true to her word. She has helped inspire player run events. Why Im making one as we speak and Kirja dont know about it...woops :rolleyes:

Selendor
08-07-04, 11:16
Hmm, an interesting thread. I think that many people expect fun to be handed to them on a plate, and I've found, especially on Saturn, a lot people are only out for what they can get for themselves. I totally agree that events can be driven by the players, although I've not tried to do one myself as yet.

However, I would like to see the faction councillors visible more often. When you're trying to encourage people to switch to your faction, it really helps if people see a FC online, its a great advert for your faction. On Saturn you can see that the balance of power is stupidly skewed to the Anti-City factions, but those of us loyal to city factions (like CA) will keep trying. I've seen the BD FC hanging in Plaza 2 before, putting down the pro-city runners in character, its good stuff.

Josh its good that you are active now for CA, I haven't seen you about for a long time (maybe a year?), I noticed you did some events on the other servers, if you think a Saturn event is plausible contact myself or my clan, we'll help if we can. Oh and if you want me to try and tackle Saturn's lack of roleplay as a FC I will, having a FC tag above your name gets more success than stomping around in my CAPowerArmour - people tend to laugh at me for some reason ...

MkVenner
08-07-04, 11:31
Yeah i noticed a lack in events on saturn, there were some player run events but they sorta get spoiled, best way to do it is t keep it on the hush and try and get poeple involved via DM and Clan etc.

When I moved to Uranus i noticed a huge increase in FCs/FCAs, on saturn i hadn't seen a FC/FCA for months, probly years, and on my first week on uranus i was having convosations with quite a few lol. Im gunna start playing on Saturn a bit more, i might see if i cant set some stuff up...

Selendor
08-07-04, 12:25
Im gunna start playing on Saturn a bit more, i might see if i cant set some stuff up...

It will be good to see you about again m8, Imposing Order is trying to get back on its feet, get in contact :)

Some information for the rest of you - within 5 minutes of me posting in this thread I got a personal message from the CA Faction Councillor, giving me info and explaining some things about how much they are currently working on events. Good form.

ezza
08-07-04, 12:27
I've found, especially on Saturn, a lot people are only out for what they can get for themselves aye sad but true, and im just as guilty as the rest.

the problem is that saturn has such a war like atmosphere that we are never able to let up, well not everyone, i mean im sure sel here wouldnt open up on someone at an event, but some are so geared up for fighting that it never ends no matter where they are no matter whats happening, as soon as a red pops up guns come out.

sometimes its a curse of saturn(the battledome event), other times it makes for great fun(like after the anarchy breed event)

n3m
08-07-04, 12:31
aye sad but true, and im just as guilty as the rest.

the problem is that saturn has such a war like atmosphere that we are never able to let up, well not everyone, i mean im sure sel here wouldnt open up on someone at an event, but some are so geared up for fighting that it never ends no matter where they are no matter whats happening, as soon as a red pops up guns come out.

sometimes its a curse of saturn(the battledome event), other times it makes for great fun(like after the anarchy breed event)Aye
Although it makes a good atmosphere with the upcoming war, sometimes it's just a bit too much.
Dunno about the AB event, wasnt there, never heard of it :() But most even't are like the Battle Dome event, and that's why all event usually end up in the zone littered with Backpacks from dead people and a little ppu buffed army sexing the corpses

Josh Dabbs
08-07-04, 12:38
I feel the way to go is to have:

A) More events like "Bad Trip" where there are a limited number of places and details of the event aren't disclosed to the people who dont make it in to the event.

B) More un-announced events (and by that, I mean events announced via an Admin message, not events announced by Faction or Local).

Without an effective method of protecting events from people who would try and ruin them, this would seem to be the only way to run events [on Saturn] without them getting ruined.

Selendor
08-07-04, 12:39
The last couple of nights there's been a runner on Saturn who has been giving away MC5's and rares to people in the city using 'Shopping List' races and hide and seek etc etc. I know its not much, but by keeping to the safezones and offering something people really want I saw a lot of people running around trying to find him. And in participating myself I was really excited, desperately trying to be the first to get to him with my items.

Anyway, the point of this was the guy kept to the safezones so made it possible for all runners to participate, no griefers or pkers could get in the way. Its sad, but maybe thats the kind of control Saturn needs.

In fact, if a Dev ever reads this, I REALLY wish in DoY they add new tools for the gamesmasters and FCs to manipulate zones for events. This would include for example temporarily making a zone a safezone, or being able to add special sound effects to regions. And of course make medals visible on character models. The events are really tied to the limitations of the servers (lag) and the world rules...

Josh Dabbs
08-07-04, 12:49
In fact, if a Dev ever reads this, I REALLY wish in DoY they add new tools for the gamesmasters and FCs to manipulate zones for events. This would include for example temporarily making a zone a safezone, or being able to add special sound effects to regions. And of course make medals visible on character models. The events are really tied to the limitations of the servers (lag) and the world rules...

Very true - for a zone to change from a safe zone to an anarchy zone etc requires a patch, so we must plan the location of events very carefully. Sadly, the more interesting parts of the wastelands are often too dangerous to host events in them :)

Carbonite
08-07-04, 13:09
Maybe KK could turn the servers over to another company like they did with uranus.

ehhh since when did KK turn Uranus over to another company ?!?

slaughteruall
08-07-04, 13:18
ehhh since when did KK turn Uranus over to another company ?!?

My bad it's venus. And no one else caught that. Does anyone read my posts? :D

Slaughter

Carbonite
08-07-04, 13:20
Reakktor still own Venus .. the only differnce between the servers is that the support there is done by another company. thats all

Edit: Typo

slaughteruall
08-07-04, 14:35
Reakktor still own Venus .. the only differnce between the servers is that the support there is done by another company. thats all

Edit: Typo

Also aren't the GM's actually paid there? And if so what are the odds of the other servers going in the direction?

Slaughter

Carbonite
08-07-04, 14:38
Yes i belive so, about it going to be like that on the other servers ?!? dunno you would have to ask someone from Reakktor that deals with that sort of stuff..