PDA

View Full Version : Which server for new player with prefered language English?

mazzaker
07-07-04, 15:34
So, which server should this person choose:

- prefered language is English
- likes PvP but is not interested in playing "CS with more stuff"
- basically just wants to have a good time (i.e. is not overly ambitious)
- likes RP, too

Faction and the like does not matter at all. Probably a 4-slot server would be a bit nicer though, so it is possible to test some more setups.

Since I do not really know what is going on with the other servers except Jupuiter - anyone here who can help me out a bit?
Thanks,

Richard Slade
07-07-04, 15:36
Pluto

phunqe
07-07-04, 15:37
Pluto does indeed fit your profile, if you don't mind a smaller population :)

Doc Holliday
07-07-04, 15:38
try uranus but look hard for the roleplay

QuantumDelta
If you want to play with 10 other people :p

Saturn/Pluto/Uranus are your choices.

Saturn has the most pop.
Uranus tends to be the friendliest out of what I've seen (...unless you get into politics o.o;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; )
Pluto is the most 'old chappie' (Can't think of a better way(..that's still polite..) to put it?)

I'm slightly biased myself, but I think to be honest Doc got it right, you are looking for Uranus.

stebedford
Try Uranus, bigger population than pluto, lots of english speaking ppl and most of us are friendly

slaughteruall
07-07-04, 16:15
Not much RP on saturn. But it's mainly full of us PvPers. Never played on uranus so can't comment about it. Pluto mainly RP with not very many people on. Well it was mainly RP when i played on it.

Slaughter

Tostino
07-07-04, 16:27
Pluto has some good pvpers but it only has a few ppl on it. So he needs to go Pluto to help its pop :rolleyes:

slaughteruall
07-07-04, 16:31
Pluto has some good pvpers but it only has a few ppl on it. So he needs to go Pluto to help its pop :rolleyes:

Nah dont go to pluto. Let it die in piece. It's struggling the way it is.

Slaughter

Darken
07-07-04, 17:40
Pluto fits your needs:

- We got skilled PvP
- More newbie friendly enviroment
- Most RP on servers except Jupiter(German) and Venus(France)
- Pluto has me :lol:
- And "almost" everyone there is very nice.
- Hey we got benches :D

Still there is low ppl on it but most will welcome you friendly (like me) and help you to grow up :)

james_finn
07-07-04, 17:44
Pluto's population isnt low any more, u guys even looked at the peak population, its come back from like 30 at peak times to 100+ Peak EU times (dont know about US) but tbh Ive never played anything but pluto (Ive tried other servers biut none are as good and friendly as Pluto.)

If you need any help if you join Pluto, I'm delphi from Clan PIMP (Tsunami) and will be happy to help you :D

delphi

SorkZmok
07-07-04, 17:47
Uranus.

- 4 chars slots to try around without having to delete the char
- more ppl than pluto
- way less pkers and other morons than on saturn
- the economy isnt completely fucked like on the other servers
- lotsa nice ppl
- lotsa pvp
- many good pvpers
- the worldmap looks pretty good these days, its many clans and factions fighting for ops these days

ezza
07-07-04, 17:48
way less pkers and other morons than on saturn
ROFL gotta love saturns rep :D

hivemind
07-07-04, 17:51
ROFL gotta love saturns rep :D
I play there now and I agree.

Tratos
07-07-04, 17:51
Uranus.

- 4 chars slots to try around without having to delete the char
- more ppl than pluto
- way less pkers and other morons than on saturn
- the economy isnt completely fucked like on the other servers
- lotsa nice ppl
- lotsa pvp
- many good pvpers
- the worldmap looks pretty good these days, its many clans and factions fighting for ops these days
yup and if your looking for roleplay Uranus is warming to it and a few RP clans are poping up including mine which will be up and running next week :D

Birkoff
07-07-04, 18:15
Pluto :)

-FN-
07-07-04, 19:36
$Pluto++;

Richard Slade
07-07-04, 19:38
Why am I promoting for another server..?
You want Saturn cuz we're the pwnage when it comes to OP Warz!

Marx
07-07-04, 19:38
$Pluto++;
Agree - pops are up because people are starting to come back and get in the groove before DoY.

CrazyMan
07-07-04, 19:41
go to uranus or saturn

pluto = dead, you can be asking for a poker for hours and still none are there
same with ressers and consters....so its not newb friendly

and noone is trading stuff....so agree with others = make ur choice between sat or ura and dont go pluto ;)

Shadow Dancer
07-07-04, 19:41
IT seems like Uranus is the place for you.

Xylaz
07-07-04, 19:43
IT seems like Uranus is the place for you.

as a pluto player i have to agree with SD

[edit]
Pluto pops arent that high, it just seems that people who moved to other servers are popping in sometimes for a minute or two (for a chat or a quick pvp session) if they see that pluto got more than 100 people online (guess it's the reason why even with 120+ people on pluto all wastelands is dead and empty)
Out of the peak times its just the normal 30-50 people online...

BlackDove
07-07-04, 19:45
Wait until September, then decide.

Kuuselaa
07-07-04, 19:45
My opinion:
For free/good pokes and people = Saturn
For less people/less pokes and more RP = Pluto

I think Saturn is better, more people = more opinions = different profiles or something like that :)

QuantumDelta
07-07-04, 19:48
Well you have a complex view of the game Kuus....heh...whatever floats your boat...

ezza
07-07-04, 19:50
Well you have a complex view of the game Kuus....heh...whatever floats your boat...
well on the pokes etc front he has a point, i play pluto every now and again, but getting pokes tradeskill work done is a nightmare

so on that front im sorry for all you plutonians but saturn > pluto on that front(though only just, most people dont play tradeskillers)

Crono
07-07-04, 20:26
Depends if your lookin for RP or easy and fast PvP.

Pluto has 1 char and a pretty big RP bassis (joining a guild may not be a bad idea early on, will help with getting services dome and make for more friendly chat :) ) and you wont have names like "Crono[Rezz]" "Crono[Cst]" "Crono[Imp]" because its 1 char and people dont just have their own personal tradeskill twinks :D lol

Back when Pluto had a good good Population, (still may 1 day, just many of the people on there were really old players and have taked extended leaves/leaft, on a game with a semi low pop like this, that kind aof stuff makes a big impact) it was easier to get things doen, people who were tradeskillers were usually that because they liked it and not as a alt meant to only searve their main. So you had Cunstruction/tradeskill clans and such, people making their own "Companies",trademarks for tradeskilling, allot of that took place.

-Crono

greendonkeyuk
07-07-04, 21:11
a perfect server would be saturns best pvpers (allegedly :D), plutos rpers and the steady and vibrant community of uranus imo.

Of the above 3, I think uranus edges it although i did make pluto my 2nd home for a brief period and never once had a bad experience.

Mr_Snow
07-07-04, 21:11
Uranus if you want 4 slots pluto if you dont mind only one.

Q what faction you setting up in? And you know your always welcome on venus if you want to pop on.

Freeejumper
07-07-04, 21:16
go to uranus or saturn

pluto = dead, you can be asking for a poker for hours and still none are there
same with ressers and consters....so its not newb friendly

and noone is trading stuff....so agree with others = make ur choice between sat or ura and dont go pluto ;)
you need to be an insider :) i m sure most people know poker which they can direct... i m like 10 hours on everyday with rena chan and she is a poker , the people who know me direct me and get their pokes :angel:

-REMUS-
07-07-04, 21:23
If you want 4 char slots, then go Uranus you wont be dissapointed.

If you like the idea of single char slottage then Pluto is your server.

Most people now prefer 4 slot becuase you can make your own money build your own weapons and have a poker on 1 server with 1 account.

But for me its always going to be pluto.

alig
07-07-04, 21:32
Pluto? :lol:

Oh pal, it wont be a game of CS pvp wise but you might as well go on a CS server because they have more people on them.

Uranus, pluto died ages ago, people just cant let it go.

mazzaker
07-07-04, 22:16
Wow, thanks for all the answers! But now I have even less idea which one too choose. :)

Centuri
08-07-04, 00:35
Pluto is on a rise again, I would recommend pluto, pvp was always the best there, has more rp and more events than the other servers. It has the die hard players on it. I mean only die hard players would play on a server which used to have around 50 people playing on it at most.

However peak times the population is going over 100 which shows pluto is making a come back. With time it will be even more popular. I would recommend investing in going to pluto.

Tratos
08-07-04, 01:07
Uranus if you want 4 slots pluto if you dont mind only one.

Q what faction you setting up in? And you know your always welcome on venus if you want to pop on.
Ive been on Venus a little not had much time to play at all this week as im outa the house loads but i think it'll be in CA but not roleplaying the Cops more of a service to the people of Neocron type of thing with a RP back bone (like a Pheonix Ltd. type business)

i will pop into Venus every so often as i miss my tank and dont have time to lvl another one atm :( heh

SilentEye
08-07-04, 01:23
Wow, thanks for all the answers! But now I have even less idea which one too choose. :)

Dude, trust me when I say Uranus is the place for you to be.

-When you're ready, PvP is an option.
-There's enough people online who you can request help from.
-Many new players for you to team with.
-Roleplaying is an option, just dig a bit.
-I play Uranus.

Silent

Heretic Shadow
08-07-04, 01:49
you can RP on saturn... ...if you try realllly hard..... .... :lol:

zii
08-07-04, 02:46
Uranus, natually gets my vote. You can pvp and role play.

..i..DemonX
08-07-04, 03:56
I would go Pluto as well, its a small place yes but full with nice ppl!
If u not get into the OP's at the start u will have lott ppl that help u there!
Small playercount makes ppl know each other better and there are Traders as well kidna all time online so it is no Problem to get any stuff done.

Necrosadistic
08-07-04, 06:05
To be honest being a completely enw player on Pluto without friends is a bit shit. The server is dead, everyone is capped, no one to level with...

Once you get to know some people it has a great feeling though... But I think people should try Uranus out first, as from what I know of it it is in some ways like abalance between teh extremes of Pluto and Saturn.