PDA

View Full Version : New Feature Idea - Debug Mode

whifix
07-07-04, 00:31
Hopefully there is something like this allready in the engine but wouldn't it be great if there was some sort of debug mode for the Neocron client? Like in Never Winter Nights, where at the bottom where it would show the equasions going on to determine if you hit or not. What if Neocron had something similar that would show what damage types you were taking and how they were being rolled against your armor, resists and sheltr/deflectors. The same for tradeskilling. Like when you goto research an iteam it would show your skill being rolled against random numbers to determine if you fail blow up the cube or suceed. It would be an AMAZING tool to fine toon your character with.

Maarten
07-07-04, 00:32
And to spot any bugs with resists or tradeskills (if they exist).

Good idea, but I'd suggest only to implement this feature on the test server, because that is what this feature is for, testing...

Clownst0pper
07-07-04, 00:33
And to spot any bugs with resists or tradeskills (if they exist).

Good idea, but I'd suggest only to implement this feature on the test server, because that is what this feature is for, testing...

Agree'd

Jailbird
07-07-04, 00:33
I like the idea, but do you think we might be able to see some information the person who attacked us wont want us to do so?

like what u said about what damage type you took and etc.

but ya, I have nothing against it. anything that makes NC fun :)

athon
07-07-04, 00:34
No.

It would make things too easy. For example, if you wanted to setup a character for MC5 attacks, then you know exactly what damage types are being dealt, rather than the current situation where you have to guess.

From what I know, NWN is much more heavily based on table-top RPGs than Neocron, which is why it probably works there.

Athon Solo

Eddie
07-07-04, 00:35
Somehow.. I don't think KK will bother adding it.

The possible for e-word-s is greatly increased: which is why I don't think any other MMO has it?

Eddie

seraphian
07-07-04, 00:41
Yeah, the less players know about the internal workings of the system the better, less chance of them trying to muck with it.

I mean I know a player that theorized that you could do something very bad simply by the fact that you see the 'you have paid 1000nc' right before you GR sometimes... info on specific equasions and rolls would be over-the-top.

SilentEye
07-07-04, 01:13
I am truelly sorry for having to use the word, and in full means am not trying to get this thread locked.

But I think exploits could also be created by this debug window, and believe its better left out.

zii
07-07-04, 04:06
Debug is for the developers and/or those trusted enough to use it. Its not for the general public to use because it could reveal sensitive information, which could be used for illicit gain.

Best leave it out ;)