PDA

View Full Version : Recycling & the parts

Jailbird
06-07-04, 23:57
nice title?

hi guys, Ive been thinking about the main use of the new weapon/armour/vehicle parts recycling system. but it seems that there is hardly an use to it except for building weapon parts that are not sold in stores.

each weapon part is half the price of the one above it making recycling 2 of a certain part cost the exact same of the one above it hence they is no use to recycle them except for weapon parts 7-10s

starting from vehicle part 1 you need x512 to get urself to vehicle component part 10. but whats the use when its almost the same cost?

Am sure that there are many ways to make recycling usefull and part of it is recycling parts for building but atm its still not usefull so an idea came to my mind.

Make it that there is a chance that you might get 2-5 of a part using only 2 parts of the one below it.

It should be similar to the weapons slot system were 2 parts is like a 1 slotter and 4 parts is like a 5 slotter. while 5 parts is the most rarest thing and very hard to get.

Make it that higher recycling gives you more chance were the cap of recycling is 250 which gives you lets say a 10% chance of getting 5 parts. (those are examples not for disccusion)

This way I think a recylers will be a great use for clans.

so what do you guys think about it? will that make recycling something to spend most of ur dex points in?

Glok
07-07-04, 00:02
I like that idea a lot. I have been using recycle extensively on my new char, and with the new parts requirement for weapons, it is only really worth building from chems and then recycling up. Buying parts and recycling up, as you say, just isn't worth it.

Xaru
07-07-04, 09:12
Nice idea. I like it. And you should also not forget all the lube you need to recycle those parts. Very expensive in the end.

Xaru