PDA

View Full Version : A good idea to get veterans back !

Jailbird
06-07-04, 19:32
hi,

The BDOY movie is going to be released tommorow.

who knows that? I can tell you.

The Devs
The Community

who will know that once its released?

The Magazines Customers only

who will be interested in watching it though?

The Community only

------------------

KK you have a big oppurtunity now to get back the old Vets and you MUST NOT lose it.

send emails in JPG format well designed with some screenshots advertising the BDOY movie to ALL forum members emails and accounts emails.

Funcom have done that to AO and that was one reason for me to go back and try it for 2 months. why dont u guys do the same?

I think that the old vets that left NC never or rarly visit the forums which means that they dont know much about NC. some old vets have joined NC recently and the common thing they said was " DOY not released?" or "when is DOY released" even though KK have told us.

but KK have never told the old vets that left the game !!!

Its time for KK to get everybody up to date even the guys that have left NC due to its bugs and such. am sure many will come back when they hear the news of the movie.

------------------

KK please trust me on that and DO IT. otherwise NC will still be so empty.

hivemind
06-07-04, 20:01
Yep, you have the capability to send out a mass email to all registered users of the forums. You should already have the capability to send mass email to all subscribers present and former, if you don't it's a simple matter of a short DB query.

Do this. It's a great idea. And it's free.

..i..DemonX
06-07-04, 20:05
Good spoken!

-FN-
06-07-04, 20:29

Bring on the useful spam!

Jailbird
06-07-04, 20:37
Also, if KK think abit. they can get the German magazine that is releasing the video to make them a good layout for their Advetisment email in return for them to add a little advertisment in it to. am sure they got good designers.

so it would be something like. " Click here to DL the Movie or Buy (magname) July edition " with a picture of the magazine. That will surley get them some customers.

..i..DemonX
06-07-04, 20:39
Not only a German Magazine should post / put it on cover CD/DVD.
KK got a lott ppl play from UK / US.
But yes i kinda miss the Hype around NC BDOY, didnt read anything about it in any Magazine yet not even a preview or anything other.

Shadow Dancer
06-07-04, 20:40
5 star

LTA
06-07-04, 20:56
nothing to add but a rating :D

Celt
06-07-04, 21:03
Good idea.

Prankster26193
06-07-04, 21:11
The movie wasnt even released yet and it bought me back! DO IT!

PsiCorps
06-07-04, 21:15
Unless BDOY has an assload of content, it wont bring anything back.. once youve capped all classes and done everything.. what more is there to add? ooh higher caps on stuff *MORE* Boring mind numbing leveling.. joy

jernau
06-07-04, 21:21
KK don't do email.

They don't email about patch notes
They don't email about major changes to gameplay
They don't email about changes in payment policy
They don't email about changes in terms of service
They don't email about scheduled downtime
They don't email about rule changes that they expect us all to know about
They don't email about changes to the forums where we are expected to find all of the above
:mad:

MjukisDjur
06-07-04, 21:34
The idea is very good though :)

Jailbird
06-07-04, 21:36
I wish i could edit my post and add this to it.

http://server6.uploadit.org/files/hallammi-Adverts1.jpg

anyways. this is a comparision between good adverts and bad adverts. as you can see. the one on the left is nice to look at and read because it has more than one color and has some pictures with each topic. while the one on the right is boring to read. (and it contains the Face word :D ).

anyways. KK should try to do something similar to the one on the left. typing a normal html email will be useless.

Edit: arggg.. anybody got a good free hosting website? the one i was using is down and i had to use another one that apperantly doesnt direct link.

Edit 2: K its good now.. abit big though

{MD}GeistDamnit
06-07-04, 21:56
great idea drac :D

Yeah KK should send out emails like AO and FF do. with a link in em to the doy video too ^^

LTA
06-07-04, 22:00
Secondly one is a beta mail the other is a newsletter.....not exactly advert comparisons but i can see your point in that text based ads are shit and text/img combined are good

Jailbird
06-07-04, 22:01
Secondly one is a beta mail the other is a newsletter.....not exactly advert comparisons but i can see your point in that text based ads are shit and text/img combined are good

well sort of, but it was sent to all registered members of F*M when beta started informing them about it.
so its kind of advertising for their beta ;)

Opar
07-07-04, 08:57
KK should get whoever does the NeMa covers, to design a JPEG advertising the beta or something...

Ch1n Th3 M4g
07-07-04, 10:21
nice one smurf

u got a lot of love 2 give :p

Original monk
07-07-04, 16:33
all wonderfull idea's wich KK should CERTAINLY take a look at, and as OPAR said, the one that makes the nema covers, im sure he can make us a veery nice promotion-e-mail :)

and jernau: ok, you are right, but if they have any common sense: this is a mayour marketingtechnique, yust mailing some old neocronbuddy's :P who knows who will come back :)

they should atleast try :P

as most allready said, this post and very clever idea by jailbird deserves 5 shiny stars

alig
07-07-04, 16:43
KK don't do email.

They don't email about patch notes
They don't email about major changes to gameplay
They don't email about changes in payment policy
They don't email about changes in terms of service
They don't email about scheduled downtime
They don't email about rule changes that they expect us all to know about
They don't email about changes to the forums where we are expected to find all of the above
:mad:

Yeah. My brother got banned for being abusive because kk didnt give him any notification of the god damn rules being changed.

They must think everyone that plays nc has to come to the forums.

Doc Holliday
07-07-04, 17:03
Yeah. My brother got banned for being abusive because kk didnt give him any notification of the god damn rules being changed.

They must think everyone that plays nc has to come to the forums.

thats harsh man. how long for? temp i hope....

jernau
07-07-04, 17:05
I don't remember abuse ever being allowed. I'm pretty sure that it's been in the rules since day one and if not most people are born with common sense.

ROZZER187
07-07-04, 19:54
nice idea gotta say 5 stars for it ;)

garyu69
07-07-04, 23:44
100% agree.

You look at the member count of these boards and there are 18,000 members.

Lets say out of those all e-mailed, say 10% decide to sign up beause of this that is 1,800 new runners on the servers. And 10% is not exactly a high rate as it would likely be higher.

Do it now KK

jernau
07-07-04, 23:53
15,000 of them are duplicate accounts of the banned.

**cough** sigmahex **cough**

Al3X
07-07-04, 23:55
WHAT? STILL NO EMAIL?

*bump* 5 star *bump*

Birkoff
07-07-04, 23:57
Great idea , if KK wil use it though....