PDA

View Full Version : [Pluto] Clans

Ozambabbaz
06-07-04, 19:23
theres 606..or was last night. 556 more than players at the login time.

Will there be a clan swipe with BDoY?

Eddie
06-07-04, 19:25
Seeing as DoY is on new servers, and you can migrate your existing chars onto those new servers, it means that people will need to create new clans.

So yes.. there will be a clan wipe I guess.

Can KK make sure that people can delete clans easily, and if they are not used for.. say.. 3 months, then auto-delete them?

Eddie

Ozambabbaz
06-07-04, 19:30
oh =P that, i had speculat0red

Underground
06-07-04, 19:39
Seeing as DoY is on new servers, and you can migrate your existing chars onto those new servers, it means that people will need to create new clans.

So yes.. there will be a clan wipe I guess.

Can KK make sure that people can delete clans easily, and if they are not used for.. say.. 3 months, then auto-delete them?

Eddie
um... :wtf:

Crono
06-07-04, 19:47
i was under the impression that Doy brings Clone versions of the servers, and u log into the Doy version when u install DoY, not shure though.

Mumblyfish
06-07-04, 19:53
You will need to migrate your character from Neocron to Neocron:Beyond Dome of York.

This will be done using a webinterface.

Read the stickies, you big gay bear :angel:

Ozambabbaz
06-07-04, 19:53
the 3 month time would be nice, at the very least remove them from the clan overview?

..i..DemonX
06-07-04, 20:00
As i was understand the "Name Change" there are completly new Servers where u just move ur Char over. So as i understand u got to make a new Clan on a DOY server.

Kikyo
06-07-04, 20:06
omfg lol you guys still bickering about this shit everything is moved to BDOY nothing is left everything will be the same as classic NC but new features gawd.

..i..DemonX
06-07-04, 20:10
No, read the "Name Change Sticky"!
Iogre (or however is his name) says u have to chose Char / Server and move to DOY Server 1, 2 or 3 (only for example).
So its a clean new Server where u just get the char/stuff/money u got.
Prolly when u move a Clanleader may the Clan move as well but thats only a gues. If only the chars would get moved and no Clans would be not to bad cuz those that have 431849308329 mill NC in a Clan would prolly loose and may the economy will be better then in DOY.

Crono
06-07-04, 20:11
omfg lol you guys still bickering about this shit everything is moved to BDOY nothing is left everything will be the same as classic NC but new features gawd.

only if u migrate, the classic servers WILL still be there with nothing changed. because of the engine upgrade, u cant just have the DOY secion locked out for non upgradded people. Bolth cant exist in the same server, and their not Making anyone upgrade.

ichinin
06-07-04, 20:19
Bolth cant exist in the same server, and their not Making anyone upgrade.

Then why do we got these new locations; "Dome of York..." in the communicator already now in vanilla Neocron?

As i see it BDoY is a mod - one hella massive mod, but would still be able to run on the same server, you just cannot go there and use the DoY stuff without upgrading.

(I write code so dont give me any shit please...)

Ozambabbaz
06-07-04, 20:21

omfgzlololkekeke why0r n0t go to some pwn thread then?

As same as Pluto was pristine when it first got up, the BDoY servers will be so too. But i haven't heard anything of clans being supervised in any way so it's a legit question 'cause in time the new servers will get filled with dead clans too.

Duine
06-07-04, 20:36
Clan whipe would be good... and they could immediately install a name filter for clans... :D

Crono
06-07-04, 20:38
Then why do we got these new locations; "Dome of York..." in the communicator already now in vanilla Neocron?

As i see it BDoY is a mod - one hella massive mod, but would still be able to run on the same server, you just cannot go there and use the DoY stuff without upgrading.

(I write code so dont give me any shit please...)

then you must know why having 1 group use one engin wouldnt play well with another running another engine. there would be disputes of weither restrictions/advantages players had were due to the engine their using. its not just a lvl expansion.

..i..DemonX
06-07-04, 20:50
I won't marry you, but thanks for the offer, I know how much it means comming from you

You will be able to select your character / server (for example "lexxuk" / "Pluto") and migrate that one to a doy character / server (for example "lexxuk" / "Doy server 3")

this does not imply how many doy servers there will be, nor does it state that lexxuk will migrate to the third available server. The doy servername used in this example is fictive and does not imply in any way that the server names will change.
A division of Schwiezer System Ltd.

I think that says all or? If u need to migrate the Chars to a Server there wont be anything on it beside that what u bring with u! So there wont be 483983 Clans on each DOY Server.

Opar
06-07-04, 21:41
Read the stickies, you big gay bear :angel:

Ph33r teh Niddy hammer.

Logan_storm_03
06-07-04, 21:46
no clans = no OPs owner ship :D , i good day for my hacker indeed :cool:

ichinin
06-07-04, 21:54
then you must know why having 1 group use one engin wouldnt play well with another running another engine. there would be disputes of weither restrictions/advantages players had were due to the engine their using. its not just a lvl expansion.

This is an issue of compatibility, client sends info

"Hello, i'm vanilla Neocron, here are my credentials (login/pw)"
vs
"Hello, i'm BDoY, here are my credentials"

Server responds differently to each "hello".

The 3'd engines dont have crap to do with the server, you can have penguine PA instead of monks on one client if you want to; the server just toss user interaction through a database and propagate it to all clients.

Restrictions are put into the client. If one client dont have a door leading to a restricted sector in it, players cannot access that sector without haveing that piece of content. Nothing strange really.

As long as the client speak clearly with the server you can have any client talking to a server. Same with web browsers; Just look at the standard browsers capable of chittchatting over RFC 1945 (http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1945.txt?number=1945).

You can write a webbrowser in 5 minutes in visual studio with that information. Games are no different, as long as there are some kind of standard...

Crono
06-07-04, 22:03
yea man, but thats assuming the physics and everything are exactly the same. it might not just be upgradded models at a higher res. If indeed that is all it is, there will be no problems whatso ever. But if they alter anythign to do with hitboxes/physics, like an upgrade or anything like that, then the 2 becoime incompatible. And the newer version would always be being dragged down to have to meet standards set by the older version.

Kikyo
06-07-04, 23:05
You guys are all talking for nothing everything is the same.

kthxbye
:rolleyes:

Crono
06-07-04, 23:21

kthxbye

"kthxbye" man, i love that saying :o ;P

but really, what do you mean, ios everything like exactly the same, its not a new ungine, or its just a slightly tweaked engine to allow better resoloutions and bettewr textures? I thought for shure something different was happening with the sky too.

-Crono

Glok
06-07-04, 23:27

kthxbye

You will need to migrate your character from Neocron to Neocron:Beyond Dome of York.

This will be done using a webinterface.Read the sticky on char names for more elaborate info.