PDA

View Full Version : [Threads Merged]-BDOY Server question

Crono
06-07-04, 02:42
Sorry if this has been asked before, but will the BDOY expansion be only on new servers?

If so, kinda makes any sort of lvling now seem kinda futile :/

thanks

-Crono

Lexxuk
06-07-04, 02:45
Ur char will be moved to the DOY servers

Freya
06-07-04, 02:45
you will not lose anything, chars will be tranfered over to the new servers

uber java
06-07-04, 02:47
So, inter-server character transfer is possible. So why doesn't KK, for now, offer character transfers to other servers that are more populated?

Crono
06-07-04, 02:48
Thats awsome to hear. Freya, how will they work names? unfortunatly the game doesnt use gloable names, so u can have diff people on diff servers with the same name (prob a big reason for the not allowing of inter server transfering of characters)

-Crono

Lexxuk
06-07-04, 02:50
copy c:\mysql\neocron.sql d:\mysql\doy.sql :p

sanityislost
06-07-04, 03:51
Thats awsome to hear. Freya, how will they work names? unfortunatly the game doesnt use gloable names, so u can have diff people on diff servers with the same name (prob a big reason for the not allowing of inter server transfering of characters)

-Crono

im thinking it will be Bdoy servers but with the old server names.
So NC pluto chars will get moved to the BDoY Pluto server.
could be wrong tho :/

SiL ..:..

IceStorm
06-07-04, 03:56
So why doesn't KK, for now, offer character transfers to other servers that are more populated?I'd guess it's human-resource intensive.

Personally, I don't want people who "grew up" in other server cultures to move to my server (Pluto). If you want to live on another server, grow a new character and take the time to learn the other server's politics and accepted behavior.

Crono
06-07-04, 04:05
im thinking it will be Bdoy servers but with the old server names.
So NC pluto chars will get moved to the BDoY Pluto server.
could be wrong tho :/

SiL ..:..

That, would suck. Anyone know any confirmation on how its gonna be? Maby requiring you to pick a new name when bringing the char over? (could be the same unless its taken?)

-Crono

Epsilon 5
06-07-04, 04:16
There won't be lost servers - they move the whole database on the new hardware and convert the data for DOY compatibility. If there's no same-name issue now, there won't be after either. It's like moving to a new house - the house is different, but the furniture is the same.

I don't think they can move single characters across servers. Despite what you would think, it's not the same as moving the whole thing.

Prankster26193
06-07-04, 04:20
Threads merged, thanks mods!

Prankster26193
06-07-04, 04:24
you will not lose anything, chars will be tranfered over to the new servers

thank god!

zii
06-07-04, 04:52
There won't be lost servers - they move the whole database on the new hardware and convert the data for DOY compatibility. If there's no same-name issue now, there won't be after either. It's like moving to a new house - the house is different, but the furniture is the same.

I don't think they can move single characters across servers. Despite what you would think, it's not the same as moving the whole thing.

Of course they can! A select statment, then export it out and then import it into the other dB. Might be a tad labour intensive the first time you write the sql but once its done its saved and you just alter the select statement a bit. However, there are good reasons not to move chars to a new server on a player's whim, but thats another topic.