PDA

View Full Version : Music and Lifestyle

r3yka
06-07-04, 00:36
hi , i was just wondering what kind of music my fellow NC runners like
and how they live there lives..

me = <3 all music from System of a Down to 50 Cent and more underground London stuff
im mostly on the streets of London caught in the peer pressure of gangstas and drugs ,but sometimes u can find me in my room at my computer playng a bit of the old NC , also doing my GCSE's etc.
how about u guys?

was just curious

Eddie
06-07-04, 00:40
I'd say I listen to *songs* rather than genre-s... unless they make an "Eddie" genre - If I hear something on the radio I like - I'll go get it. Rather than buy CDs full of a certain genre of music.

However.. I am rather into "Vocal Trance" as di.fm seems to call it, and I love all things Oasis. They're the exceptions.

Otherwise my music collection has all sorts, new and old, by lots of different artists.

I guess that's the best (if not only) way to describe it...

Eddie

Clownst0pper
06-07-04, 00:41
I always find myself listening to a vast majority, Scissor sisters, Chemical Brothers, Radiohead, David Grey, Zero 7, The Beatles, Elvis.

But that suits my taste, slightly modern, "hip" if you will- as alot of these bands are- and in some sense heavily fashion related and styled.

Which is what I love- :D

ezza
06-07-04, 00:45
umm music, Iron Maiden, Guns N Roses, Iced Earth, Pearl Jam, Steve Vai, Racer-X, Wildhearts, Rolling Stones, Neil Young, Tori Amos,The Cult, Enya, Aerosmith, Zakk Wyldes band B.L.S. KMFDM to name a few.

if aint aint playing neocron then im most likely practicing martial arts,weights or laying the smack down on the punch bag

SorkZmok
06-07-04, 00:56
loads of bands no ones ever heard of.

But in the end it all comes down to AC/DC, KISS, Ramones, MC5, Motörhead, Stooges, Screamin Jay Hawkins, Otis Reading and the like. And everyone know those.

Mumblyfish
06-07-04, 01:08
I'm just into whatever sounds good, really. I couldn't even name a genre if I tried. Doesn't stop me spending 60 quid a month on CDs, though o_O

I'm currently fanatical about Lemon Jelly. Easy-listening electronica at it's finest. My only real turn-off is loud music. I want music, not noise.

-REMUS-
06-07-04, 01:16
Heavy metal, Pantera, System.

a little screamoish stuff like, red tape

hmmz power metal, Sinergy

Punk, Dead Kennedys

Death Metal, Slayer

Black Metal, Dimmu Borgir + Mayhem

Funky stuff, Sublime RHCP

grunge, a little nirvana and alot of pearl jam

Life? Well my girl freind is being a fucking bitch atm so i'm playing nc more. Starting work tomorrow for the summer hol's and I dont want to, working at a shitty supermarket and a contactors, which i suppose is a nice contrast.

EDIT:

umm music, Iron Maiden, Guns N Roses, Iced Earth, Pearl Jam, Steve Vai, Racer-X, Wildhearts, Rolling Stones, Neil Young, Tori Amos,The Cult, Enya, Aerosmith, Zakk Wyldes band B.L.S. KMFDM to name a few.

if aint aint playing neocron then im most likely practicing martial arts,weights or laying the smack down on the punch bag

LOL Enya sorry man but thats funny i can just imagine you pking listening to enya!!!! Thats like dueling to Petre andre's mysterious girl "I wanna get close to you"

Whats more worrying than your Enya cd collection is the fact that I know Peter andre lyrics :wtf:

jernau
06-07-04, 01:22
I only listen to only one song - the theme to the Dukes Of Hazzard.

I have it on repeat everywhere I go, it helps keeps me sane.

Jaffo
06-07-04, 01:51
I'm currently fanatical about Lemon Jelly. Easy-listening electronica at it's finest. My only real turn-off is loud music. I want music, not noise.[/QUOTE]

omg sum 1 has hered of lemmon jelly w00t they rock (although there not rock music)

all the ducks are swimming in the water

w00t did the quote thing wrong go me

sanityislost
06-07-04, 02:00
i listen to anything really atm i got a chilled playlist with stuff from Low,
Saso, ida, The new year, Jessica Balliff, Tarentel, Amercan Analog Set,
Pavement and Nanang Tatang.

Fav artists atm are Martin Grech, ICP, Deftones, Smashing Pumpkins and
Sigur Ros

SiL ..:..

NS_CHROME54
06-07-04, 02:35
if it rocks i like it.
if it raps i hate it.
if it beeps incessantly i pull my hair out in fury.

Drake6k
06-07-04, 03:58
Industrial!! Front 242, Funker Vogt, Front Line Assembly, KMFDM, Leather Strip, Wumpscut, and so on.

Epsilon 5
06-07-04, 04:24
Dance trance techno, especially Eurodance

I have a FEW selective tracks of rock-hard rock type songs in my playlist, and sometimes some songs that would be more considered as pop music. Depends on the beat, the lyrics, how much it repeats (some trance songs i heard have zero variation over time - take a 10 second segment and copy it to make a 4 min song ...)

I like the Di.fm eurodance channel alot.

I'd give a million credits to whoever can locate me a download for the song "B.Free - blue sky" .. or even somewhere i can BUY it... (if download it needs to be full, unedited, original mix and without cracking or skipping .. and at least 96kbps encoding.

Necrosadistic
06-07-04, 04:36
I just listen to extreme metal... I don't like any other music too much, apart from classical and maybe some industrial...

I've been getting into folk/viking metal bands lately... Finntroll, Thyrfing, Nokturnal Mortum, Ensiferum that kinda stuff :lol:

All of my time I spend drinking, playing computer games and going out to - you guessed it, metal gigs and clubs...

I also play in a death/thrash band called Necrosadistic Goat Torture :D

Epsilon 5
06-07-04, 04:45
I just listen to extreme metal... I don't like any other music too much, apart from classical and maybe some industrial...

Ok, since my brother is like that too, can you tell me why in hell or earth could someone who love death metal and similar would also love classical? I just don't get it.

solling
06-07-04, 04:55
Call me old fashioned but i liek the Rage against the machine , korn , limp bizkit, kashmir combo

a bit for every taste :)

zii
06-07-04, 05:04
another post the same, so I'll post again:

techno, trance (not flemish crap), breakz, dNb and more techno. easy.

Front 242 kicks as well.

zii
06-07-04, 05:07
However.. I am rather into "Vocal Trance" as di.fm seems to call it, ...
Eddie

That'd be Flemish Trance then ;-P

Menolak
06-07-04, 05:31
Death Metal, Slayer
:

lol
Slayer's not death metal, man...lmao

I have a kid now, my musical tastes have mellowed considerably (little kids don't like Deicide)

However, I used to listen exclusively to death and black metal.
Death Metal:Unleashed, Obituary, Deicide, Cannibal Corpse, Sinister, Morbid Angel,Death
Grindcore: Carcass, Exhumed, Internal Bleeding, Napalm Death
Black Metal: Burzum, Emperor, Limbonic Art/Absu, Enslaved, Mayhem, Beherit
(never really got into Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, those groups were generally considered commercial posers/newbie black metal in the circles I hung out with)
Metal/Thrash/Speed: Slayer,Sodom, Sadus, Cynic

The new metal of today, Slipknot, System, etc..it's ok, I guess, but in my opinion it never comes close to the pure aggression of 80's and 90's extreme music
(If someone could point me towards some more current death/black, I'd appreciate it, I've been out of the scene for 2 years now, kinda out of touch with the new bands :)

Embarassed to admit it, but I listen to a bit of rap/hiphop now, not much, but a bit...
DMX, Eminem, Dr.Dre, Obie, etc (granted, probably the most commercial artists, that's all I really am familiar with..)

But to end a long post, Tool kicks ass, and Slayer owns all
Peace

Necrosadistic
06-07-04, 07:27
Ok, since my brother is like that too, can you tell me why in hell or earth could someone who love death metal and similar would also love classical? I just don't get it.

Its because I appreciate the musicianship of it - the fact that it is difficult to play, the melodies do not repeat, also a lot of classical pieces have as much emotional and aural impact as metal.

Also, a lot of classical scales and melodies are used by some metal bands too....

hegemonic
06-07-04, 07:32
The only music I listen to is the theme song of "Hawaii Five-O".

I am a seal hunter IRL. Yup, clubbin' baby seals to "Hawaii Five-O".....

System
06-07-04, 07:38
Metallica!!!

jernau
06-07-04, 08:11
a lot of classical pieces have as much emotional and aural impact as metal.
Infinitely more I would say.

Opar
06-07-04, 08:53
I like to listen to Indie.. like Oasis, Blur..... Some mutated form of Rock, like Feeder.

eric-the-ded
06-07-04, 09:33
i listen to Tool mostly.
i also never leave the house or listen to the radio.. so i'm not up on current music or world events.

Original monk
06-07-04, 10:09
That'd be Flemish Trance then ;-P

yo im flemish

if ya mean those "dance" songs and groups lately ... then yes i must agree, there all crap and shitty and commercial and whatever ya like ...

but if ya mean the trance (noncommercial) of 6, 7 even 8 and 9 years back ... then youre completely wrong: THOSE WHERE THE GOOD DAYS :)

at the villa, carat, la rocca, illusion, whatever:

ON TO MA ON TO MA ON TO MA, ON TO MA ON TO MA, ON TO MA

on to ma, on to ma RESCUE :P (carat trax 3 by zolex :P)

imagination... convincing yourself there is no place to cry, a place where only beauty lies, o, ooh, oh oh, imagination :P

let me take you on a journy, a journy into bliss, deep, kiss the sound that pounds youre senses, clenches youre body in a pleasure grip send youre mind, on a ritmic trip, trip , trip, triiip

yeah stuff like that :P

i had the luck to see and feel the good times ... (the good dope) .. currectly trance and techno suck ass ... (dope also sucks ass currently)

they dont make any good music anymore in belgium :/ snif, i must confess i miss those times :/

lately i listen to rap, dance is shit ya see :) everything noncommercial and a few big names like dre, nate dogg and snoop, xzibit, but thats about it :/

and i see not alot of peeps here that like rap :) well, there isnt alot of music i dont like i must say, i used to listen to guns and roses etc also :)

before i forget: MANU CHAO :) donne moi la vie !

hell i even listen to jacques brel :P

MkVenner
06-07-04, 11:44
I listen to quite a few different types of music, mainly Rap tho, but i listen to everything from Frank Sinatra to Limp Bizkit lol, Mark Morrisson to Metallica. I like some of the new underground stuff coming outta london. Cant stand any of that pop shiyat.

ufora
06-07-04, 12:00
indie and 60's rock, the who for example, and pretty much everything else. the only thing i cant stand is mc'ing

greendonkeyuk
06-07-04, 13:10
yeah i listen to di.fm a lot too. other than that pretty much everything eddie and clownstopper said plus all similar stuff. ive jus got hold of the new faithless album and it rocks. Also my bro bought d12 world and the killers first album last week too so im having great fun breaking them in. I love some old stuff too. marvin gaye, otis redding, james brown etc. It depends on my mood and my company i think, i like to think i have a song/style for every mood. random radio is teh win.

P4mp3rk3
06-07-04, 13:27
they dont make any good music anymore in belgium :/ snif, i must confess i miss those times :/

Some kick ass music is made in belgium, you just have to find out about it (damn underground, I love you), and our dope is still pretty good too lol

I listen to post-rock, post-punk, alternative rock, shoegaze, weird electronica etc but I can be found at death metal and punk parties as well. Bands like Mogwai, Explosions in the sky, Sigur Ros, My Bloody Valentine, The Velvet Underground and so on and so on.... I like anything they don't play on the radio all the time. I despise rap music for the way they try to be 'gangsta' or treat women in their music videos.

And my lifestyle is 'trying to live the good life'.
I like going out on a random day, pick up some friends, buy the cheapest booze we can find and then go sit in a sunny spot in the park. If we can afford batteries we take a radio with us to play some ska (not too loud ;)). Then to end it all we buy a box of icecream in 'de lidl' or 'den aldi' (someone's always bound to have a spoon with him, don't ask why)

Original monk
06-07-04, 13:51
Some kick ass music is made in belgium, you just have to find out about it (damn underground, I love you), and our dope is still pretty good too lol

rofl when ya go to den aldi or de little to get some booze pamperke :P ya know the good things in life :)

and ffcourse you guys dope isnt bad, where ya think we get it ??? indeed, at our fellow northern neighbours :)

but when it comes to music i hear ya like a littlebit of all :) same here hehe, i listen to the weirdest shit aslong as it sounds good :P

not alot of hardrock tough, altough i know alot of em from when i was younger (even younger) :) same as you dont like rap alot :)

ffcourse i cant defend the sexism in rapsongs: bitches here biatches there ... but not all rap is like this :)

now that im thinking about it: ya know POSTMAN ?? i even think there from Holland :) now these guys can make some daamn nice music !!

yeah, music, i love it :)

Clyde
06-07-04, 14:01
i live, think, and breath hiphop/rap . I like other genres suchs as some classical and few rock tracks, but rap is my main. I also make rap music for a living, so that what help pays the bills and neocron. You can usually find me in the house, inside my little home studio working on music 95% of the time, or else im usually on neocron 3% of the time.

Original monk
06-07-04, 14:03
clyde, if its not in conflict with somekind of piratinglaw, can ya post us a link to some of youre songs ?

if ya got them online ffcourse :)

ichinin
06-07-04, 15:07
Music: Frontline assembly, Spineshank, Massive Attack..that kind of stuff.

Lifestyle: Computers, computers and networks. Sugar free cola because of health problems. Work with repairing/reconstructing junk puters back into working ones. Hate my retarded coworker or what the fuck he is supposed to be, typical inexperienced post-alcoholic academic who cannot tell the difference between a Monitor/Token ring cable.

Politics: I always stay the truth to people, that means i make enemies as well as friends alot. This because i'm getting sick of people lying and smiling. Have gone to be more more kickass, dislike idiots and people who pull lies. See myself as the protector of the weak who cannot/dont dare to speak for themselves. 101% Ultrademocrat, loathe opressive governments; works politically during elections. A bit of a civil rights activist, petitions here and there, writes software to piss off people (who want to take away the right for individuals to communicated securely).

Games: Played LOADS of games, used to "have fun" with copy protection systems when younger *caugh*, love RTS/FPS games. Favourite games: Neocron, BF-DC, Starcraft/Warcraft TFT, Morrowind, Superpower (1). Been using puters since Vic 20, know several languages, want to make my own MMORTS, but the other programmers i know are too lazy. 2004 going to be a good gameing year with BDoY, Superpower 2 and Fable; the last one i hope will surpass Morrowind in gameing experience. spent almost 1.5 year playing/modding that..

*breathes in*

Anyway, that's me.

Xylaz
06-07-04, 17:17
Hate my retarded coworker or what the fuck he is supposed to be, typical inexperienced post-alcoholic academic who cannot tell the difference between a Monitor/Token ring cable.

hahaha, awesome, though i cannot tell the difference as well... uhm... what's a token ring cable? :p
Anyways, luckily for me i'm a pure academic so i work at university and my work has nothing to do with computers.

Music: Lots of em. Since i'm kinda retired musician (but i'm too old, too lazy and too bitter to reincarnate my love...) i got large CD archives and listen to almost everything, except pop music of course... Metal, Gothic, Rock, Industrial, Jazz, Electronic and all those wierd underground experiments...

here's some random examples of my kinds of music:
Marc Almond, Arcana, Anathema, Bathory, Bauhaus, Bel Canto, Beyond Dawn, Kate Bush, Closterkeller, Cradle of Filth, The Cure, Das Ich, Deine Lakaien, Dreadful Shadows, Elend, Emperor, Diamanda Galas, Fields of the Nephilim, Goethes Erben, Peter Hammil, Joy Division, Katatonia, Lacrimosa, Legendary Pink Dots, Marylin Manson, Moonspell, Moonlight, My Dying Bride, Nightwish, Pink Floyd, Peter Murphy, Samael, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Sisters of Mercy, Therion, Theatre of Tragedy, Sirrah, Tiamat, To Die For, P.J. Harvey, Nick Cave, Leonard Cohen, Van der Graf Generator, Marillion, Love like Blood, The Gathering, Clannad, Enya, Secret Garden, A. Vollenveider, Depeche Mode, Devil Doll, Dead Can Dance, Limbonic Art, Sweet Noise, 3rd & the Mortal, Psyche, Y. Malmsteen and more.

jernau
06-07-04, 17:24
what's a token ring cable?
Proof, if proof were needed, that IBM suck.

landofcake
06-07-04, 17:45
Hmm ... music wise ... i've got a pretty broad taste, but there are lots of things i stay well away from.

I LOVE progressive rock, in the vien of Pink Floyd, King Crimson, Dream Theater, and Ozric Tentacles, from the more psychadelic and hippy side of rock :D

I love lots of electronic music too, but i cant stand certain things, like Trance or Gabber Techo *shudder*, but i love some IDM, Ambient or Jungle/Drum and Bass anyday. Love to sit down and listen to some Aphex Twin, Squarepusher, µ-Ziq or similar :cool:

I love most things really ... other things getting listened to quite a bit recently include:

Fugazi, Nightmares On Wax, The Mars Volta, Frenzal Rhomb, Liquid Tension Experiment, LTJ Bukem (fantastic), Neurosis, Luke Vibert, Opeth, Small Brown Bike, Rush, Seafood, Jimmy Eat World, Royksopp, The Orb, Weezer and The Divine Comedy to name a few :rolleyes:

ichinin
06-07-04, 20:20
Proof, if proof were needed, that IBM suck.

LOL :D