PDA

View Full Version : Resists + Buggs =They Don't Work!!

Dead Bodies
05-07-04, 20:18
Resists... What can i say soo much controvrsory for months on end. Well Mine dont work.. I did Tests extensvly This is one that showed the most extreme results... 2 Hc Tanks fully capped / 2 4 slot arti' Heat Cs' (excatly same) / tank nb 1 had 50 fire 50 force 50 enegry 50 xray 50 posion (cap con) / Tank nb 2 had 100 fire 100 xray 50 force 100 posion 100 enegry / Both tanks have 107 boh so that means 500 BOh without buffs / Both tank 1 and 2 wer wearing inq 4 helm inq 4 trousers Pa 3 Duranium boots Heavy / both tnk 1 and 2 had all str points into hc Buffs wer resist one and deflector on both sides no heal before started Both tank 1 and 2 took a knee face to face direct chest shots Tank nb one wone every time and only lost half health Out of 25 matches the score was 25-0 In favor of tnk number one.... So the question is not of skill not of power but of brute resist wich DID NOT WORK... Tell me why this is true .. well i ask KK in helpdesk report There solution? Well they say go take out all your imps clean out your char to go gu do a good restart then re Poke. Guess what that don't WORK.....

I wonder if anyone else experiance this? Or any imput or stories or ideas please post...

And if a KK could post there imput also .....

LiL T
05-07-04, 20:26
Because when you get to a certain point putting more points into resist really don't make a difference its all down down to the fact tank number 1 is better at pvp

Dead Bodies
05-07-04, 20:29
U must not have understood there was no pvp skill involved it was a pure resist test And the resist cap is 114 200 mix with armor class and with the armor we wer wearign had 80 to 99 resist points in fire and enegry and force armor about 5 or so in xray but heat mod dosent do xray so my enegry and fire and force should have ben close to cap by a few points

Mr_Snow
05-07-04, 20:31
It is all a little incoherent but I think he said they both knelt in the same spot and shot each other.

Was this done in neofrag?If so try in the wastes because neofrag is bugged.

Were they both in either first or third person?If they were in different modes it can effect aiming and could of lead to one winning all the time.

Both were capped with the same stats on their cs?Any differences could lead to the results going one way.

LiL T
05-07-04, 20:31
So your saying tank number 1 dropped tank number 2 every time but tank number 1 had less resist?

T72
05-07-04, 20:33
im sure its down to the rate of fire of the weps, with all the bugs and half hearted fixes resists are still buggy IMO, best example is Mc5, once 4-5 guards start hitting you can see your health take 1-3 secs longer to compute the true damage.... i even get it while soloing Wabbits on me Apu....

Dead Bodies
05-07-04, 20:34
Both in 3rd person both have excact same points allocated cept con and this test was conducted in The back of TG Both cap CS same stats and yes tank nb 1 dropped tank nb 2 25-0 with less resists ......

LiL T
05-07-04, 20:35
Did both tanks get the same damage on there deflectors I'm sure CS does force damage too

Marx
05-07-04, 20:36
edit, finished reading thread.

What about deflectors and weapons stats?

Dead Bodies
05-07-04, 20:39
Yes both same % on everything okay lemme run it down excatly .. okay both tanks have Intl-75 wpl 25 psi use all str- points in HC resists are difrent as stated above dex- 90 tc 101 in agilty 30 in recylce Psi- 10 psi use 6 mst 31 ppu so both are excatly the SAME only DIFFRENCE is RESISTS...

LiL T
05-07-04, 20:39
This is instresting more resist resulted in more damage o_O

I had a similar thing happed to me I put more points into energy yet I took alot more damage it seemed I have got a lot less energy resist now and take a shit load more damage. fuck knows how and why

Dead Bodies
05-07-04, 20:42
It dosent make sens with a 114 resist point cap and a 200 cap with armor class combined a 100 engry and 98 armor resist should fair better than 50 enegry and 98 armor resist .. It dosent work propperly!

LiL T
05-07-04, 20:49
I allways beleaved that once you go past a certain point your doing your self more harm than good might not be a bug

Dead Bodies
05-07-04, 20:51
But there was a post in the forum a few months agai that stated the caps the 114 con and 200 combined with armor class if someone has that link please throw it in here so i should have ben dooing no harm.....

Cyphor
05-07-04, 21:00
Resists aren't linear after a certain point the difference in resists is very minimal one or two percent. It prob just means that tank one was past this point so there was very little difference. A better test however would be just to check the numbers when each are hit at full health, tank two should take slightly less, remember recoil and where you hit etc could have been effecting it.

LiL T
05-07-04, 21:02
Resists aren't linear

what is exactly meant by that?

n3m
05-07-04, 21:08
the dont go in a straight line

Dead Bodies
05-07-04, 21:09
No but resists do matter it would be no sense that less is more KK stated the caps themselves it gotta mean something....Tank Nb 2 hit -58 Tnk nb 1 hit - 128 i did mention same stats on cs dam % and all we hit same speed reload was excatly same times

Dead Bodies
05-07-04, 21:17
[QUOTE=
[/QUOTE]
Dead Bodies]No but resists do matter it would be no sense that less is more KK stated the caps themselves it gotta mean something....Tank Nb 2 hit -58 Tnk nb 1 hit - 128 on first shot with full health i did mention same stats on cs dam % and all we hit same speed reload was excatly same times

Okay Okay I will give u 2 or 3 stray shots to another part of the body just for the sake of science but 2 or 3 stray shots don't account for such a loss tnk nb 2 died while tnk nb 1 had 1/2 health came down to 267 give or take a point every round ..( only a point ). still dosent make sense..

DonnyJepp
05-07-04, 21:22
Total hit points also affect damage taken. I assume the tank with higher resists had lower total hit points. Any capped tank should have at least 550 HP I'd say.

SorkZmok
05-07-04, 21:23
1. Dont use CS. Use a ravager or a lasercannon.
2. Did you use resistdrugs to get to those values? What about haz or heat buffs?
3. Resists work fine for me.

LTA
05-07-04, 21:24
I hear a fair few rumors..

but the first thing i r gonna say is the same thing i got drilled when i said i used a cs for testing...

DONT USE A F***N CS TO TEST RESIST

It's like locational, the packets sometimes glance, never hit miss, have diff burst bonus's cuz of diff hits...
Also you get to like 70% odd resist and theres not much change... something like 50 con points is 60% 60 is like 70 80 71 90 73

The fact is that the resist % is probably so close its dosent matter, also the first set of resists is all balanced, 50 everything the armour prolly keeps it within a good resist range but the other.... maybe be overspeccing somewhere or "the flip" if it still exists :p.

Oath
05-07-04, 21:27
The problem also testing resists with a cs (or most other weapons) is its dual damage types, as with most weapons. Test with HL and FA as for xray/poison go figure.

Resists do work to an extent, however i don't know if they work as intended, how were they intended to work?

A good friend of mine believed in a formula for working out resists, and hey it works. To a certain extent, for a balanced setup.

Dead Bodies
05-07-04, 21:55
Donny if u read the whole thing i said each tank had 107 boh wich equiled to 500 points as health plus resist booster 1 came to 540 Well a bout the cs i dunno loss of words i like it it worked fine but if what u say is true 50 points =60% resist 60 = 70 70 =71 80=72 90 = 73 Etc then tank nb 2 had 100 points in fire , enegry , xray 50 force so he should of still had full atvantage of the resist capeabiltys.... even more so over tnk nb 1... Reason i not use psi is becasue tanks wer Much easier to lvl believe me maxing 2 hc tanks in less than a month an't easy ...

LiL T
05-07-04, 22:07
try it with tank number 2 again this time tank number 2 only wheres battle armor for force resist

Neo LoneWolf
05-07-04, 22:26
Basically, the exact manner in which resists work isn't obvious. Add to that the fact that NC still has some bugs that can and may affect any testing, and you need to use a more sterilized testing method.

The above points in some different wording:

1. Decide if you are testing armour resists or natural resists, or both. If doing armour resists, make sure anyone you're shooting at has zero natural resists, and vice versa. If you're testing both, first test each individually, and then try both together.

2. Don't use a CS. Just because it's a common PvP weapon doesn't make it a good test tool (which it isn't). Also, don't use a dual damage-type weapon until you've tested resists using a single damage-type weapon.

3. Test LOTS of different resist values. 2 isn't lots. Test them LOTS of times. 25 isn't lots.

4. Minimize every aspect, not just variables. Your test involved too many things (natural resists, armour, resist-buff & deflector) any of which could either work abnormally/not obviously, or interacted with another aspect to cause a problem. Seperating it all out, and adding/taking bits away will help you identify how it all interacts (either as it should, or not, as the case may be).

But generally speaking, yes - your results show something amiss.

Opar
05-07-04, 22:50
It'd take more than two tanks shooting each other with a FECKING CS too see if resists work IMHO at least.

enigma_b17
05-07-04, 22:50
ive been expierencing this aswell Dead, in fact i find I take less damage when i remove all my armour :\. According to skill manager, i cap nrg resist with con and armour, and get a fair decent amount in xray. With armour on warbots take me down very quickly, without it, i can survive just as long, sometimes even longer

LiL T
05-07-04, 23:34
Ok just been ingame and took the time to lom out my energy resist and take out proto resist chip so I was left with 0 natural energy resist :) Ok the armor I had on add to 79 energy resist I got a tank to blast me with his CS in pepper park and I did take quite a beating. In fact It seemed like I was taking just as much well maybe a bit less to kill me so there is something at play

ezza
06-07-04, 00:38
you want to test resists, test with a better weapon CS aint the best weapon to use.

use ravager, which iirc does constant damage rather than random

1. Dont use CS. Use a ravager or a lasercannon.

bah didnt spot this

Clownst0pper
06-07-04, 00:44
you want to test resists, test with a better weapon CS aint the best weapon to use.

use ravager, which iirc does constant damage rather than random

bah didnt spot this

Ive always found melee or rifles to be good weapons to test con against, there more consistant.

ezza
06-07-04, 00:47
ya but seeing as its 2 HC tanks against each other might as well use the tools of there trade, laser or rav are the best as it aint random damage like CS

Epsilon 5
06-07-04, 03:15
beware the beam bonus though ..

SorkZmok
06-07-04, 05:22
Donny if u read the whole thing i said each tank had 107 boh wich equiled to 500 points as health plus resist booster 1 came to 540 Well a bout the cs i dunno loss of words i like it it worked fine but if what u say is true 50 points =60% resist 60 = 70 70 =71 80=72 90 = 73 Etc then tank nb 2 had 100 points in fire , enegry , xray 50 force so he should of still had full atvantage of the resist capeabiltys.... even more so over tnk nb 1... Reason i not use psi is becasue tanks wer Much easier to lvl believe me maxing 2 hc tanks in less than a month an't easy ...FFS MY EYES BLEED! Seriously, use these: .;:!?
And theres another key on your keyboard, its called "return". Use that one too and i might read whatever you got to say.

Dead Bodies
06-07-04, 07:53
Well i admit my methods wer crude but they did show some mistake in the system I don't want to change armor or resists to keep the 2 the same is the way to go i will try a rifle dam on the two
But there is more than human error at play here and we all know it..

winnoc
06-07-04, 08:49
This is instresting more resist resulted in more damage o_O

I had a similar thing happed to me I put more points into energy yet I took alot more damage it seemed I have got a lot less energy resist now and take a shit load more damage. fuck knows how and why

Yep, i can be witness to that, i was the one shooting little T in pp1.
Before she put in more points inenergy resists i was doing around 40 per burst, with all shots hitting, then she put in more points and rebuffed.... i got 50-70's flying off her head. Was real funny :-)
Does make you think though.

LiL T
06-07-04, 11:05
Yep, i can be witness to that, i was the one shooting little T in pp1.
Before she put in more points inenergy resists i was doing around 40 per burst, with all shots hitting, then she put in more points and rebuffed.... i got 50-70's flying off her head. Was real funny :-)
Does make you think though.

hehe its making me wonder if I should totaly redo my con setup

n3m
06-07-04, 11:09
hehe its making me wonder if I should totaly redo my con setupSeeyig from the damage I did to you last night I'd say yes :p

Dajuda
06-07-04, 11:23
Everyone knows theres a secret reesist setup, its what seperates the 'vets' from the 'noobs'. Kidding aside, I dont think resists have ever worked properly since I started playing in 02. It should be, More resist = *gasp* more resist.

YoDa-UK
06-07-04, 11:48
I think there is more to look at here, everyone first assumes to put in more resists and reach the 200 cap from points+armor, im not so sure, ive been working on setups for my tanks and for other people i know for a while now, and although the setups are really working out better than before, i still think there is something to do said from a lower point system.

Way back when Polarity made my setup on pluto when my old tank was HC, i remember the setup i had, i havea screenshot of my resist setup, and trust me it was lower than the setups i use now, and back then i used to laugh at HL, sure i had over capped HP but that didnt matter, these days my tank on pluto will die to 4 or 5 HL's unbuffed, and i have much higher resists, in fact capped energy at base 94 +PP resistor + armor taking it to 200 total, yet energy weps still rip me up.

I think either the system is bugged more than we know and somewhere along the lines its not picking up the extra points we spec, or there really is a bounce point where more points don't matter anymore.

I'm seriously thinking of lomming to my old setup.

One point to make about HP, it doesn't matter about how much health you have, unbuffed my tank has 407 HP, and Primate i think had an extra 100 points or so unbuffed, we both got hit by the same gun, and our resists at the time are really close on energy and fire, yet we both took the same kinda dmg, then changed dmg type and still again same type of dmg, give or take 10 or so points overall.

Remember the old theory where the more HP you had the more dmg you took, as even a newb with 50 hp wont die in one hit to any weapon, well that doesn't hold anymore, if you reach the HP cap at 595 or just have 400 HP, you will take the same dmg if your setup is the same or near enough.

-On a side note, jesus the CS has been boosted-

LTA
06-07-04, 12:40
Everyone knows theres a secret reesist setup, its what seperates the 'vets' from the 'noobs'. Kidding aside,
Nothing secret about em, just thought about that's all.

i have a good setup pe and fang and opti helped me craft it's con heh and i have seen a-lot more of how it works heh and i don't really think it's bugged or anything, just peeps slamming points in without thinking what there wearing/using gonna be fighting etc.

LiL T
06-07-04, 13:05
from whats been said in these posts and personel experence of thounds of lom pills I think I'm catching on to something :D but maybe I'm kidding my self

Dajuda
06-07-04, 13:05
The thing is, you shouldn't have to learn or figure out how it works. It should work like this .. More points in Energy Resist = More Energy Resist. Ok so there can be a cap, but someone with 50 ENR resist shouldnt take less damage from energy as someone with 100(not talking about his specific test just in general). And if you go over the cap, it shouldn't give you less resistance(if it even does that) for every point you go over.

LiL T
06-07-04, 13:28
The thing is, you shouldn't have to learn or figure out how it works. It should work like this .. More points in Energy Resist = More Energy Resist. Ok so there can be a cap, but someone with 50 ENR resist shouldnt take less damage from energy as someone with 100(not talking about his specific test just in general). And if you go over the cap, it shouldn't give you less resistance(if it even does that) for every point you go over.

But then it would be to easy and everyone using the skillmanager will have the same uber resists

solling
06-07-04, 13:41
I'm seriously thinking of lomming to my old setup

i would not do that its a loooong time ago and im pretty sure that the con numbers and effectiveness have changed and so have the weapons

YoDa-UK
06-07-04, 15:41
Well i just been playing about a bit with the skill manager, and yes i agree that old setup i had with today's weapons and such would not work the same, but looking at it i can't believe there would be a difference in 1% of pvp dmg overall.

I might leave my conplan alone, was out hunting last night and the ppu with me said he didn't really have to look after me at all compared to the rest in the team, the odd heal here and there

jernau
06-07-04, 16:26
I've always thought that where multiple damage types are involved there is another factor in the equation.

Ages ago when most people still believed in the "secret formulas" I tried to figure it out but was never totally convinced I had solid proof of anything so gave up. There certainly was something to the idea but I couldn't nail down what.

I assumed that when they "fixed" :lol: resists that whatever it was got removed but now I'm not so sure. If I can find the spreadsheets I may try a few tests again unless anyone else has already gone down this route.

winnoc
06-07-04, 16:54
I wonder when KK is gonna reply to this. Like the times they denied the player's findings on construction and the sixth stat :-)

evs
07-07-04, 15:39
its stilll a damn interesting subject

i find on my tank if i max out armour/resist in fire i take more damage from firemobs than if i have less armour on....

s'weird i tells ya

LiL T
07-07-04, 15:43
I think honestly that if you put more points into natural resist then your have in total armour resist you do your self more harm than good :)

Thats just my theory

QuantumDelta
07-07-04, 15:45
I'll clear things even more;

THERE IS NO MYSTERY AROUND RESISTS ANYMORE THERE SHOULD BE NO COMPLAINTS AND NO ONE SHOULD BE TELLING ANYONE THEY DON'T WORK BECAUSE _THEY DO_

DO NOT TEST WITH ANYTHING OTHER THAN SINGLE SHOT NON-RANDOM DAMAGE - NON-DoT WEAPONS AND MAKE SURE YOU ALWAYS HIT THE SAME BODY SECTION (Torso/Head/Legs, I tend to prefer the Head because of the whole crouch reliability).

--

Do Not Test in NeoFrag.
Do Not Rely on Tests you have litterally just changed armor on.
Do Not assign points and instantly expect results.
Do Not look at setups and think "Oh wow I got lots of XYZ so I r uber."

Look at setups from;
A balanced approach to resists/runspeed/firepower/health.

---

People REALLY SHOULD understand this stuff by now it's been so well publicised -- and there were people who understood it BEFORE these publications. -_-;;

jernau
07-07-04, 15:49
No offence QD but most of us here know all that, it's nothing new.
Those tests and theories only prove single damage-type situations which are now practically unheard of in either PvM or PvP.

QuantumDelta
07-07-04, 15:54
Those tests and theories only prove single damage-type situations which are now practically unheard of in either PvM or PvP.

I simply don't intent to explain burst bonus again to people, and I really, really don't intend to watch people cry and whine over how they suddenly find they're taking more damage from a CS when it's been hitting them four bolts all along but they entirely fail to understand that just because 4 bolts hit their bodies graphically doesn't mean;
They all hit the same zone.
They all even hit.

--

The single damage-type situation wasn't what I meant, I just meant single shot;
Eg;
Beam Of Hell.
Silent Hunter.
Wyatt Earp.

Tests should also not be done on AoE Weaponry, simple because, these weapons are 'unreliable' interms of the damage they do depending on where they hit.

The BoH/SH/WE tests simple give you an idea of damage absorbtion - when it comes to actual combat, it's a bit late to worry about your resists, however if you match them up well against an xray BoH, they will do well against an Xray CS -- Just that CS gets a burst bonus, and that CS damage can be unreliable because it doesn't always hit with 100% of what it fires.

--

It's not a different style of damage (burst bonus excluded) -- it's just a reliability issue for testing.

In PVP The results are clear and obvious.

Lexxuk
07-07-04, 15:55
In PVP The results are clear and obvious.

Yes, the one that runs the fastest and gets hit the least wins :rolleyes:

QuantumDelta
07-07-04, 16:02
Guess that's why I got to laugh at your PE when I was unbuffed and just spawned in a NF FFA, repeatedly? :p

No excuses, eh lexx.

Lexxuk
07-07-04, 16:08
Guess that's why I got to laugh at your PE when I was unbuffed and just spawned in a NF FFA, repeatedly? :p

No excuses, eh lexx.

No you have none, you had trouble with an uncapped PE using a non rare who was unbuffed :rolleyes:

LTA
07-07-04, 16:10
No offence QD but most of us here know all that, it's nothing new.
yeah but those tests and the spec i got from em actually specced me for multi type pvp .....without actually testing pure fire or pure xray....

jernau
07-07-04, 16:12
The single damage-type situation wasn't what I meant, I just meant single shot;
Yes, I know as do most of the posters here. You aren't the only one that's spent too many hours on this to count you know.

I still say that multi-damage weapons have another factor in there somewhere. You can see it using modded, accurate, single shot weapons. Well you could about a year ago, I haven't tested recently but the things people are saying here sound eerily familiar.

Lexxuk
07-07-04, 16:16
Yes, I know as do most of the posters here. You aren't the only one that's spent too many hours on this to count you know.

I still say that multi-damage weapons have another factor in there somewhere. You can see it using modded, accurate, single shot weapons. Well you could about a year ago, I haven't tested recently but the things people are saying here sound eerily familiar.

/me works out quick math formula..

dmg=(d1*db1)+(d2*db2)-(r1)-(r2) with multi dmg, with single, i'd say dmg=(d1*db1)-(r1) without boost and with single dmg should be dmg=d1-r1

ROZZER187
07-07-04, 20:00
someone might have already mentioned this but i was told/heard that for resist to be good you need about 450 + health that was for the resists to take effect so you recieve less dmg i think doc holliday and rabbi fang have said this before O_o

you here to answer doc???

QuantumDelta
07-07-04, 20:03
No you have none, you had trouble with an uncapped PE using a non rare who was unbuffed :rolleyes:
Uhh what..?

--
You had a PE PE;
Were attacking me as I spawned from previously scrapping with two tanks.

I killed you.
You came straight back and attacked me straight off to try to prevent me from buffing/healing.

About 5 times in a row without a kill.
Until you finally realised it wasn't gonna work.

Lexxuk
07-07-04, 20:05
Uhh what..?

--
You had a PE PE;
Were attacking me as I spawned from previously scrapping with two tanks.

I killed you.
You came straight back and attacked me straight off to try to prevent me from buffing/healing.

About 5 times in a row without a kill.
Until you finally realised it wasn't gonna work.

sure, NF spawned me right next to you 5 times in a row O_o A fully capped pistol PE vs a /30 odd rifle PE and you claim bragging rights? Well done O_o

Dead Bodies
09-07-04, 01:27
Okay kinda lost the topic at the end but i think there is a real mistory at this.. I am conducting new test 2 tank using boh or a No mod Wyatt erp tnk nb 1 will be ENG -75 Fir-75 Xry-85 Posion-75 Tnk nb 2 will be ENG-114 Fire-114 Xray-114 POS-15 Force ont he two will be About 25 from imps We'll see how it goes ... BUT Resists are still fucked up They lied to keep us the other way But We will find out what it is and we will make use of it :)

QuantumDelta
09-07-04, 01:55
30 odd PE PE?

Lexx, stfu.

Lexxuk
09-07-04, 01:56
30 odd PE PE?

Lexx, stfu.

PE PE? stfu urself n00b, PE = lowtech rifle Dex 93, i was usin the Tangent Epic gun, idiot.

QuantumDelta
09-07-04, 01:59
No, you weren't.

--

Even the Tangent Epic Rifle is beyond the reach of a /30 odd PE.

You can quit it with the lies, now.

Promethius
09-07-04, 02:01
Resists... What can i say soo much controvrsory for months on end. Well Mine dont work.. I did Tests extensvly This is one that showed the most extreme results... 2 Hc Tanks fully capped / 2 4 slot arti' Heat Cs' (excatly same) / tank nb 1 had 50 fire 50 force 50 enegry 50 xray 50 posion (cap con) / Tank nb 2 had 100 fire 100 xray 50 force 100 posion 100 enegry / Both tanks have 107 boh so that means 500 BOh without buffs / Both tank 1 and 2 wer wearing inq 4 helm inq 4 trousers Pa 3 Duranium boots Heavy / both tnk 1 and 2 had all str points into hc Buffs wer resist one and deflector on both sides no heal before started Both tank 1 and 2 took a knee face to face direct chest shots Tank nb one wone every time and only lost half health Out of 25 matches the score was 25-0 In favor of tnk number one.... So the question is not of skill not of power but of brute resist wich DID NOT WORK... Tell me why this is true .. well i ask KK in helpdesk report There solution? Well they say go take out all your imps clean out your char to go gu do a good restart then re Poke. Guess what that don't WORK.....

I wonder if anyone else experiance this? Or any imput or stories or ideas please post...

And if a KK could post there imput also .....

I've done alot of CON testing with my first char being a tank. Resists DO work. Theres reasons why lower lvl tanks can win with plasma cannons over CS tank. *** PVP SKILL ***. Myself and surely others have dueled GM tanks before and won. Which have capped resists. Even tho the GM surely has better resists but less PvP skill.

So once again resists work.

-Prom

Lexxuk
09-07-04, 02:06
No, you weren't.

--

Even the Tangent Epic Rifle is beyond the reach of a /30 odd PE.

You can quit it with the lies, now.

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, its QD's ego!

Tangent Epic Rifle, 75 Dex, Motoric 3, VC3, Reflex3, Mind control 3, Exp Balistic 3 = 23 dex @78+drugs to pop in MC3, which when drugs wear out will stick, 78-23=55. My Uranus PE still isnt capped, got 78 Dex today, still only has 60 Con, and lommed out Tech Combat god knows when.

If you think your such the "duelist" which your not, your basically crap, how come I never saw you in NF on Pluto? Fighting "real" duelists like Rade, Kyle Vorgon, [TgR]Killer to name 3 PE's, Mumblyfish for a hybrid, Remus for a tank, only time I saw you on Pluto was in Pimp Avenue. As a PVP'er you suck.

Sigma
09-07-04, 02:18
Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, its QD's ego!

Tangent Epic Rifle, 75 Dex, Motoric 3, VC3, Reflex3, Mind control 3, Exp Balistic 3 = 23 dex @78+drugs to pop in MC3, which when drugs wear out will stick, 78-23=55. My Uranus PE still isnt capped, got 78 Dex today, still only has 60 Con, and lommed out Tech Combat god knows when.

If you think your such the "duelist" which your not, your basically crap, how come I never saw you in NF on Pluto? Fighting "real" duelists like Rade, Kyle Vorgon, [TgR]Killer to name 3 PE's, Mumblyfish for a hybrid, Remus for a tank, only time I saw you on Pluto was in Pimp Avenue. As a PVP'er you suck.
and this has to do with resists in which way? :wtf:

Lexxuk
09-07-04, 02:20
and this has to do with resists in which way? :wtf:

None at all <3 I'll go back to sleep now :p

QuantumDelta
09-07-04, 02:21
Talk to some of those people.

As for Pluto.
I don't rate it, apart from the odd exception (people who I had contact with via msn/irc/aim/here) it wasn't worth it.

People like;
Alig.
XaNToR.
Hivemind.
Keithz.
Djingo Advanced.
Rabbi Fang.
fw.

list goes on, and includes various GMs and a couple of Devs.

I didn't need to go to pluto, infact a couple of those you listed, are/were SSC ;p

Lexxuk
09-07-04, 02:25
You may not rate it, but the PVP level on Pluto is a lot higher, the only PE on Uranus I found was good, is Ostrich, end of story. His style reminds me of [TgR]Killer, who is a damn good fighter, and who I am about equal with. Uranus PVP is on the level that someone who hasnt played a PE in over 7 months can practice for a day or so and win/win/win/win/win....

QuantumDelta
09-07-04, 02:32
Playing against who?

Osty is fairly good, not our best though.

Fang and XaNToR have been whiping the floor with most people on uranus.
XaNToR visited pluto and was spanking everyone last time I heard.

--
Fang's quit.
I've more or less stopped playing.

Even before I'd stopped playing, I'd changed roles;
Top PPU instead of one of the top PEs.

These days, I'm not as good as some of the specialists in their areas, the only thing I have over most of the community on servers is knowledge, heh, but that only goes so far.

--
Like I said;

Who were you playing that's supposedly any good?

I don't see Pluto's PvP Level being particularly higher, as with Cent's thread about getting people to play pluto, what would it take?

Idiots, dropping the >* ism.

Mr_Snow
09-07-04, 02:32
You may not rate it, but the PVP level on Pluto is a lot higher, the only PE on Uranus I found was good, is Ostrich, end of story. His style reminds me of [TgR]Killer, who is a damn good fighter, and who I am about equal with. Uranus PVP is on the level that someone who hasnt played a PE in over 7 months can practice for a day or so and win/win/win/win/win....

Most of the really good uranus PEs have left and ostrich isnt that good when compared to fang hive xantor or djingos PE, any of them would shred ostrich, the best PEs active on uranus atm are probably frube and slutsumi that I know of since I havent been active there.

QDs main failing in his setup is his speed, presuming he hasnt changed it, he always ran slightly slow for a pistol PE because he want higher resists rather then high athletics, basically the same fault I see with Dribble Joys setup too.

QuantumDelta
09-07-04, 02:35
Sounds about right snow;

And yea, my PEs' weakness has always been his speed;

Originally that was for two reasons -- A) FPS of about 10 in any zone with 0 players....
B) I went with resists to try to work out how the game worked.

...These days I'm a little bit faster as my FPS is better and I have some more AGL/ATL.

I'm considering LoMing to pure low-tech, since mid-tech (my trusted setup for a long time) is kinda pointless atm, all I really end up doing is drugging back to my ol' fave - Judge...

Resists wise it would make more sense that I go back to low-tech.

Lexxuk
09-07-04, 02:46
Most of the really good uranus PEs have left and ostrich isnt that good when compared to fang hive xantor or djingos PE, any of them would shred ostrich, the best PEs active on uranus atm are probably frube and slutsumi that I know of since I havent been active there.

QDs main failing in his setup is his speed, presuming he hasnt changed it, he always ran slightly slow for a pistol PE because he want higher resists rather then high athletics, basically the same fault I see with Dribble Joys setup too.

Ostrich isnt Ostrich any longer, Xantor when I was "active" on Uranus was addicted to drugs and stealth, djingo's PE i never had a fight with I think (I was in Flux with him), Fang rings a bell, but cant remember why. But in all the time I've played NC, there has only been 1 PE who's been able to constantly tear me apart and thats Rade. Kyle could also happily tear me apart but we only messed around, but I could hardly damage him, his resist setup is probably one of the better (low tech PE), thankfully he's my luv bunny so I've never been on the wrong side of his pain easer :p

Again, as for Uranus, I cant show the post here, but a few of my friends from Pluto did go to Uranus just to PK people, they left cause they couldnt find a challenge anywhere, we also have me, who my first day back as a PE on Uranus required a tank/ppu and ROG PE to get rid off, and a lot of other interesting things. If my Pluto PE wasnt inactive, I'd probably be on Pluto instead practicing my PVP, which needs the practice at the moment, my aim is still 85%, my timing is out.

QuantumDelta
09-07-04, 02:50
I still see no names.

Mr_Snow
09-07-04, 02:53
I have to say that when stealth was introduced the quaility overall of PEs went down because it wasnt a fight for life anymore because they could just stealth away so they dont have the edge they once did.

Djingo basically took Xantors resist setup improved it and had better skills they he did, Fang was one of the only pistols PEs of his day along with Qd and DJ, one of the first if not the first to use a RoLH and you may remember him as Loki rather then Fang.

The quailty of pvp varies among clans and factions on uranus but alot of the really good pvpers are either on other servers or have left.

Lexxuk
09-07-04, 02:54
Names? Ok, Zone Vortex (killing most people with a TPC speced for Pos/Leveling), origjional (85 base PSI took out most of -Sin-), Alex, Gonk, Pete, Nonamebrandeggs (pretty much took over MB apparently)..

And a quote I can use from someone who isnt banned...

for once i agree with zone.

uranus peeps are so easy to kill
and the german clans that play there play there because they arent good enough to play on jupi.

uranus's best came to jupi fang even paid to set them up and gave them shit.

they left a few weeks after starting due to not wining a single fight

/edit @ above - I proved a long long time ago the game is not really based on resists, its more on FPS>Skill>Resists (people using skill managers however shouldnt, there are huge mathmatical calculations with resists that are not accounted for in skillcalcs). Then there are weird bugs with resists, tests I did one, i changed armour around and with higher armour resists took more dmg, so there is a lot of hidden factoring into resists. But me, I havent PVP'd seriously, well, semi-seriously, since FN on Pluto last year sometime, almost beat Rade (yay) beat Sour Leaf, and I think that was my only fights, but I've never been a serious PVP'er, though if I were to try, I guess one day I could probably beat Rade by cheating ;)

QuantumDelta
09-07-04, 02:55
The quailty of pvp varies among clans and factions on uranus but alot of the really good pvpers are either on other servers or have left.

Story of pretty much every server -_-;;

Lexx;
I didn't mean people who came to uranus from pluto, I mean of the people who you are apparently beating.

Saying you're beating mr. anon = nothing to me.

--

I don't quite know what happened with the group that went to Jupi -- I think they left the game in General, but apart from ...Xantor? that's about it..? who went there, they weren't all that amazing.
--
XaNToR went there and cained several people in some tourny the germans threw, got bored, left for venus, don't know what he did on venus; got bored, left for pluto.
On pluto pwning people, probably going to get bored of that soon too.

The problem with Gonk/Etc coming to uranus and 'pwning people' in general = PKing is something that no one bothers with anymore.
Most PKers are ignored these days...

--
Op war wise, Uranus has been utterly shattered, through a series of 50% of server vs other 50% of server -- the good pvpers, and well organised clans have either been eventually after a long drawn out conflict - pushed off the server.
or pushed their enemy off the server and then had no one to fight and self-destructed.

I _VERY RECENTLY_ started playing again on uranus, and their op war performances out right suck.

--
The biggest faction on uranus, in my estimation, is less powerful, than my clan were alone, just before I left -_-;
And they have probably 3x the numbers.

Mr_Snow
09-07-04, 03:00
Lexx name the alleged uranus' best so i can laugh.

Nonamebrandeggs did well because he had everything including a resist setup pre-made for him by people on uranus and he still wasnt as good as the dudes who made it for him.

Dont know the rest of the guys so cant comment.

As for the MB I could make a 0/2 and walk into the MB and virtually own the place because there are so few people there most of the time so 4 people hanging around in it is hardly going to get much resistance and there are no active merc clans to defend the MB anyway.

Lexxuk
09-07-04, 03:05
Eggs was one of the better Spies on Pluto, I've seen him run into PP and whack monks down with PPU's supporting them, the others I named, are well known on Pluto, Pete for instance is known as Pete the PSI, he and I went to TH together my PE, his PSI, and we killed everyone that didnt run away (though he told me to stop using my tangent gatling rifle :( ). They didnt use them names on Uranus, IIRC they used female avatars and girl names.

Zone, well, he's an old old timer, I think from Beta 4. Anyhow, I'm 100% sure, and I'd stake my reputation as a spammer, 2v2, my Pluto PE + Pete the PSI would win any challenge from another 2 people from Uranus.

QuantumDelta
09-07-04, 03:07
Right...now I remember the group you're talking about.

--
Heh, never saw them at a high level, so can't comment on how they did..

--
Like I said though, I wasn't after their names :p

Mr_Snow
09-07-04, 03:10
Id bet my right arm that if fw and Fang were still playing they would rip you to pieces, or just get doobs new tank to do it, whichever.

EDIT Lexx I meant by uranus' best the ones that went to jupiter and got owned.

Doc Holliday
09-07-04, 03:13
someone might have already mentioned this but i was told/heard that for resist to be good you need about 450 + health that was for the resists to take effect so you recieve less dmg i think doc holliday and rabbi fang have said this before O_o

you here to answer doc???

wasnt me tho i do recall a convo over sYn clan chat along the lines between opti i think fang myself and some others. we were all giving different suggestions on setups for thrilla or someone but i cant remember too good. i aim for about 450 hp tho fully buffed so yeah not far wrong rozz ;)

as for the side debate qd vs lexx. this kind of thing really is gettin boring. i have seen this on fangs forum and now here in more than a couple of threads. does it really matter who is good and who is shit that fuckin much? im not the best by a long chalk but im not bad. what i dont do is go round spouting about how good or bad someone is unless they give rise to it first ie insult me personally or my clan. as people have said before all the ego shit is massageing egos and enlargeing e-penises. lets face facts guys its not really on topic or needed is it? i really started to wonder if this community was turning a corner in terms of this bollocks lookin at the threads popping up but it only takes one person to bog it down. its late im tired ignore me if u want but tommorrow when u wake up u will know im right. ;)

Lexxuk
09-07-04, 03:14
Oh, just read your edit above, who am I beating? At the moment, no body, I havent fought in 7 months, and the only way I can get proper practice is on Pluto, where the general PVP population dont use any dirty trick they can to win, I've had 1 Uranus PE cause me a fair bit of trouble, he's from TG, cant remember his name, and one Pistol spy who fought fair using a slasher who I'd like to fight some more, and thats about it.

/edit -

Id bet my right arm that if fw and Fang were still playing they would rip you to pieces, or just get doobs new tank to do it, whichever.

Not a chance, during our 20 mins in TH, Pete and I came across one of the better PVP'ers, a few PPU's and APU's, we took them all down without trouble at all, so I know for a fact, no one on Uranus would be able to beat Pete and I together, Pete is just too good a PPU.

QuantumDelta
09-07-04, 03:15
NAMES

Lexxuk
09-07-04, 03:16
NAMES

Read the fuck up you blind idiot, no wonder your shit at PVP, you cant see :rolleyes:

Mr_Snow
09-07-04, 03:19
Actually FW and doobs ppu, doob being the best ppu in neocron who couldnt even be killed by the things that happened on saturn which led to people being banned.

And I assure you that there isnt a better ppu.

I think QD wants names of uranus players not pluto ones.

QuantumDelta
09-07-04, 03:19
Then your comments mean nothing since you supply no standard on which to evaluate.

--
Null and Void.

Lexxuk
09-07-04, 03:26
Actually FW and doobs ppu, doob being the best ppu in neocron who couldnt even be killed by the things that happened on saturn which led to people being banned.

And I assure you that there isnt a better ppu.

I think QD wants names of uranus players not pluto ones.

I dont know what happened on Saturn, but Pete is without a doubt one of the best PPU's in NC, he had to be, he was in one of the most PK clans on Pluto.

Then your comments mean nothing since you supply no standard on which to evaluate.

--
Null and Void.

I'd base them on your standards, but I'm afraid I wouldnt let my standards slip that low. My Uranus PE? I've only just set it up roughly about 2 times worse than my Pluto PE, I've had maybe 11 fights in 7 months, and the usual quality of PVP i'm used to, as in Rade, Remus, Kyle, Killer, not Mumbly, I kept beating him in the end, I can only get with my Pluto PE.

QuantumDelta
09-07-04, 03:31
You're not even arguing coherent points now lexx -_-

...wait you never do.

My comment was in relation to your total lack of supplying of uranus character names who you are apparently beating.

Since you have not done so, I presume this is purely fictional.

Especially considering your performance in my presence.

You complain about how rusty you are;
You're not the only one, the difference is, unlike you, the nobody, when I return I'm expected to be as good as I always was by anyone except the very best...

Lexxuk
09-07-04, 03:32
If you opened your eyes, and read up, I already said, but I guess when someone has the IQ of a turnip, they miss the valid points in a thread.

Mr_Snow
09-07-04, 03:32
doob is the best and pete is probably as good as he can be considering how fair his head is jammed up his arse.

Listening to him on TT faction chat is one of the things that put me off playing on pluto.

Lexxuk
09-07-04, 03:34
heh, pete was in System Shock then, hmm, some people have said Freee is a damn good PPU, but I dont know, never seen any action with Freee.

/edit - if you ask some people though, they will swear their life that Polarity is the best PPU ever, but again, I've never seen Pol PPU.

/edit 2 - ER's about to start, I missed it this morning, nite ;)