PDA

View Full Version : 05/07 -> 01/09 , less then 2 mounths ? 8|

shenten
05-07-04, 14:54
If i do quick math:
Beta application has just started. So Beta will start in 2 weeks if lucky ? Game ships the 01/09, so it should be retail by the 15/08 to be put on CDs and boxed ? This gives us a 1 mounth public beta of BDOY only ?
I hope this will be enough but i'm a bit sceptic as if it's possible to beta test a whole MMORPG in 1 mounth. O_o
And the last thing that i want for BDOY is to have to play public Beta for 18 mounths like it was with Neocron since the start :rolleyes:

Any info regarding this ?

ezza
05-07-04, 15:00
they have been testing longer before this it was KK and proberbly GMs.

since its not a whole new game but more a modified version of neocron if you will it shouldnt need 18 months beta testing, and big load of good that did first time around :rolleyes:

garyu69
05-07-04, 15:03
Yeah i think that they have been doing a hell of a lot of testing behind closed doors and now this will be the Beta that will allow them to test the server and any other bugs and crap that needs weened out.

Benjie
05-07-04, 15:03
They probabally only want you to test stability etc. Any obscure problems that they can't get due to locational problems and stuff.

shenten
05-07-04, 15:10
they have been testing longer before this it was KK and proberbly GMs.

since its not a whole new game but more a modified version of neocron if you will it shouldnt need 18 months beta testing, and big load of good that did first time around :rolleyes:

Complete engine switch is not a light change. Many things have changed imho.
Well, we'll see then.

ezza
05-07-04, 15:14
Complete engine switch is not a light change. Many things have changed imho.
Well, we'll see then.
neocron will not look that much diffrent, its not like starting from the ground up

Richard Slade
05-07-04, 15:18
Stress test I assume..
And as we know, players are bitches when it comes to finding faults
so a quick bug fix month and the stresstest I suppose

EDIT: And the fact that mods/gms/KK have been beta testing BDoY for a long time is no secret

ufora
05-07-04, 15:57
also they will have a ton of bug reports so they know where the known bugs are and can fix them straight away with out having to search.

hopfully if they get a good bunch of beta testers in they will pick out the biggest bugs and maybe some of the smaller ones can be fixed over time from patches

shenten
05-07-04, 16:45
also they will have a ton of bug reports so they know where the known bugs are and can fix them straight away with out having to search.

hopfully if they get a good bunch of beta testers in they will pick out the biggest bugs and maybe some of the smaller ones can be fixed over time from patches

This is exactly what i fear the most and what has been happening since Neocron went retail. :rolleyes:

FireWarrior
05-07-04, 17:28
Nah, when neocron went retail 2/3rds of the big bugs were still in :lol:

Clownst0pper
05-07-04, 17:50
Those of us that already do extensive testing on the test server, more than likely wont get picked, and I can guarentee a majority who do, will be in the beta purely to see the new things, not to test it.

Which is a shame, as it could cripple DOY before it is even released!

Logan_storm_03
05-07-04, 17:56
Those of us that already do extensive testing on the test server, more than likely wont get picked, and I can guarentee a majority who do, will be in the beta purely to see the new things, not to test it.

Which is a shame, as it could cripple DOY before it is even released!

any mofo F**Ks DOY before its relised, after me waiting this long i shall not be happy :mad: :p

But yeah i suppose it only needs a quick beta...

Nidhogg
05-07-04, 18:00
EDIT: And the fact that mods/gms/KK have been beta testing BDoY for a long time is no secret
It's a secret to me! As a senior GM and lead forum moderator I think I would have seen it myself had that been true. It definitely is true that we will be involved with the initial closed beta, but that hasn't started yet.

N

Clownst0pper
05-07-04, 18:04
It's a secret to me! As a senior GM and lead forum moderator I think I would have seen it myself had that been true. It definitely is true that we will be involved with the initial closed beta, but that hasn't started yet.

N

In that respect, How much do GM's and Moderators actually know about Neocron? They cant possibly know all the tricks and play styles we all have.

A closed Beta internally is ok, but its rather limited and rigid. :confused:

nugz420
05-07-04, 18:06
hmm i thought i heard gm's and the likes were testing it aswell....oh well as long as its tested good who cares.

ot:yarrr legba what you doing here did you come to plunder our boards as well as the french forums? Blunt Man -=PoP Squad=-

Nidhogg
05-07-04, 18:39
In that respect, How much do GM's and Moderators actually know about Neocron? They cant possibly know all the tricks and play styles we all have.

A closed Beta internally is ok, but its rather limited and rigid. :confused:
You see the thread at the top asking for beta signups?

N

Clownst0pper
05-07-04, 18:50
You see the thread at the top asking for beta signups?

N

Of course, thats what im saying, but the sample of players randomly chosen just may be all wrong

FirestarXL
05-07-04, 21:29
Of course, thats what im saying, but the sample of players randomly chosen just may be all wrong

The wording very much seems to suggest that there will be nothing random about the initial selections, they will be hand picked. Later on yes, so the spread will be pretty fair I assume.

Clownst0pper
05-07-04, 23:30
The wording very much seems to suggest that there will be nothing random about the initial selections, they will be hand picked. Later on yes, so the spread will be pretty fair I assume.

Ahh thats sounds wonderful then ^^

My bad! w00ps :p

{MD}GeistDamnit
05-07-04, 23:36
If i do quick math:
Beta application has just started. So Beta will start in 2 weeks if lucky ? Game ships the 01/09, so it should be retail by the 15/08 to be put on CDs and boxed ? This gives us a 1 mounth public beta of BDOY only ?
I hope this will be enough but i'm a bit sceptic as if it's possible to beta test a whole MMORPG in 1 mounth. O_o
And the last thing that i want for BDOY is to have to play public Beta for 18 mounths like it was with Neocron since the start :rolleyes:

Any info regarding this ?

as MJS said a long time ago, they do a lot of inhouse testing and my guess is that has been going on for at least the last month. so yeah a month of community beta aint bad, lets just hope there aint much to find, in terms of bugs.

NeoChick
06-07-04, 00:28
OK I may be naive but with what I have seen from devs in other games lately, I need to express that my biggest faith in any devs lies with Neocron. They communicate with the players and really try to make the game the best there is. I think we will all be surprised how great DOY will really be.
And I even trust their deadline, I am pretty sure we will see retail beginning of September or very close to it.
:)

Epsilon 5
06-07-04, 03:13
I expect KK (if i can hope) that they will pick popular forum members and other players known for their passion at finding details - and i bet several GMs have a list of players they know would do well to help the process .. the BDOY test is not mainly a stress test.

Besides - it's not a different engine - it's a new version of the current one, an upgrade. Devs didn't had to relearn the whole Tekktronic technology ... just learn the new stuff and what changed.

IceStorm
06-07-04, 06:35
I doubt BDOY will make a 9/1 release. I doubt the USA will see it before 10/1. I don't mind if KK delays it as I like the game I play now and I haven't done all I want to do yet.