PDA

View Full Version : Teh Sixth Stat Influence

Crest
05-07-04, 13:54
Ok so I been leveling on a new server, and go back to me old one, when I see the 6th stat ifluence now no longer adds to you rank ?

My level 70 tank is now 62 like the rest of the server ... I know that this ranks means nothing , except it looks good.

Me just asking if this has been reset ?
and Why ?

for the sceptics who claim it does not exist, it does ... I know ... I saw it once

J. Folsom
05-07-04, 13:56
The stated reason for it's removal was: "We'd like to remove any bugs in the current level up system before BDoY and the WoC skills are introduced." (Not an exact quote, but that was the general gist of it)

And yes, it was a bug.

Archeus
05-07-04, 13:56
It was removed a patch or so ago.

Rade
05-07-04, 13:57
The fix to that was in the patch notes a while back.

Original monk
05-07-04, 14:11
there was a secret sixth stat,

KK said there wasnt one,

lots of here on the forums said there was one,

KK said there wasnt one,

there was a thread here naming people and there ranks involving the sixth stat,

there was a patch,

sixth stat gone, ranks gone,

KK is right, there is no sixth stat (nomore)

:D

-=BlackBeard=-
05-07-04, 14:27
Personnally i liked the 6th stat i wud like to see it replaced bak in

ezza
05-07-04, 14:32
who knows maybe as we do the WoC skills we will gain a rank or somthing

mishkin
05-07-04, 14:47
who knows maybe as we do the WoC skills we will gain a rank or somthing

Naaah. It'll just change the "Master"-tag to say "über GM haxor!!11oneoneeleven1!" :p

Benjie
05-07-04, 14:52
I don't.
It gave people sexyness where no sexyness was deserved.
Higher ranks however is a good idea, and so long as it is balanced, WoC seems like the perfect sollution. I just hope that they're *really* hard to level. So much so that people almost faint in the presence of a completely capped character.
In several Ultima Online shards, anatomy was used as a damamge modifier. AFK was illegal (against the rules to prevent exploiting), and leveling this skill took a hell of a lot of time. It seperated the noobies from the uber, and gave people an incentive to remain a member of the playerbase.

FlashFF
05-07-04, 15:35
Ooh ooh... i know this one... Found it while messing around, and codi informed me that they were aware of its existence and it was a buggy stat used to miscalculate the ranking system. A couple of patches later it was gone. Seems perfectly reasonable to me, although a bit mean, cos i still hadnt found the cap of it :p

Original monk
05-07-04, 16:23

think angeldustbe4 would like that statline back in also ... after doing missions and epics for 2 months non-stop with he's tank (yes no exagurating, 2 months non-stop, non-stop) ... he noticed that after he's tank got baserank 75 naturally (with he's basic imps) he didnt bling nomore ... and he was doing another series of missions again for about a week or 2 but then they nerfed the blings true missions ... so he's still with that question: would i have turned 76 baserank or not ? :)

Nidhogg
05-07-04, 16:52
KK said there was no sixth stat, and there wasn't. What there was was a bug in the XP system exhibiting side-effects that could be explained away by the existence of a mysterious sixth stat, but that's not the same thing. It's like Newton's law of gravity. Experiential evidence made it appear to be 100% spot on but it's since been proved to be incorrect (doesn't stop schools teaching it to kids though, which is a bit naughty).

N

Benjie
05-07-04, 16:56
KK said there was no sixth stat, and there wasn't. What there was was a bug in the XP system exhibiting side-effects that could be explained away by the existence of a mysterious sixth stat, but that's not the same thing. It's like Newton's law of gravity. Experiential evidence made it appear to be 100% spot on but it's since been proved to be incorrect (doesn't stop schools teaching it to kids though, which is a bit naughty).

N
Thats an interesting post Nidhogg. However I think "The 6th Stat" will always be a point of referance for the bug.

..i..DemonX
05-07-04, 17:22
I don't.
It gave people sexyness where no sexyness was deserved.
Higher ranks however is a good idea, and so long as it is balanced, WoC seems like the perfect sollution. I just hope that they're *really* hard to level. So much so that people almost faint in the presence of a completely capped character.
In several Ultima Online shards, anatomy was used as a damamge modifier. AFK was illegal (against the rules to prevent exploiting), and leveling this skill took a hell of a lot of time. It seperated the noobies from the uber, and gave people an incentive to remain a member of the playerbase.

[ edited ]

However the "Bug" was hard to level cuz it was only be leveld by Missions. Some ppl did over 3000 Hard missions to get a nice rank and be diff to the others! And where is the bad Point about it? I mean 90% wear a PA now everyone got same Rank all look the same ..... Wow thats how a Online Roleplay should be!

Benjie
05-07-04, 17:36
[ edited ]

I honestly want Ultima Onlines Anatomy skill to be transfered over to Neocron somehow. A single skill that serves to give runners an edge in PvP, that is insanely difficult to cap, is a good idea. To define the edge further, if two clone runners where to PvP, some one with none of this ability should stand little chance against someone with cap, but it should still be possible if he fights a good round. Someone with 50% of this ability should be able to loose fairly to someone with none, and be able to beat somebody with cap. Someone with cap of this ability should have a small edge over someone with 50%, but are still beatable in a good fight. Just an edge, nothing overpowering.
I have no idea how this would be transfered to Neocrons skill system though. UO had a drasticlly different skill system to Neocron, and WoC skills I know nothing about.

..i..DemonX
05-07-04, 17:40
GOD then play UO if u like it so much! What u whant here beside say i whant this from UO, i whant that from UO, that was better in UO, that was absolutly better in UO etc etc etc.

Im KOS to u ... uh now i realy cant sleep anymore! lol

Benjie
05-07-04, 17:46
GOD then play UO if u like it so much! What u whant here beside say i whant this from UO, i whant that from UO, that was better in UO, that was absolutly better in UO etc etc etc.

Im KOS to u ... uh now i realy cant sleep anymore! lol
You are not kos to me. A lot of people say that I take drugs as a cheap way to discredit me, and it bugs me to hell. Besides, I edited it out.

I don't play UO anymore because Neocron is better. However my experience from UO has tought me that people will hang around if there is more to achieve. People can near cap any class in a matter of days, and this should not be the case. Yes, you should be seaworthy in that short time, but there should always be something down the road ahead of you. A new skill you can learn. A new route. More options perhaps. Something to do.

Freya
05-07-04, 17:48
Ok boys, since the edits where not hint enough

Thread closed