PDA

View Full Version : NLPro has broken my client.

retr0n
05-07-04, 12:20
So I finally decide that it's time to give NLPro a try. So I download it, Install
it and log on, It works perfect and i'm happy. Suddenly i get a fre and I cant
log back on. So I decide it's best to uninstall but then I see that my client.exe
is corrupt with no icon and only being 200kb.

Does anybody have a client.exe they can send me or do I have to reinstall
everything again?

edvin_besic@hotmail.com

- Primate

Mighty Max
05-07-04, 12:22
NLPro does NOT manipulate the client.exe.

If your copy was harmed, it would have been harmed without NLPro too.

To download it, just do "Check Files" and on the next connect it will download this file again.

retr0n
05-07-04, 12:29
Ok so it wasnt the client.exe.... Its actually suppose to be 220kb o_O but anyway
It's fucked up something. When i try to login all I get is a black screen and
that's that.

edit: filecheck says all files are ok o_O still cant get on though.

amfest
05-07-04, 12:35
I suppose check the forum for NLpro threads they seem to post all sorts of fixes for problems in them. And are pretty supportive for it when they are on. I'm not a user of NLpro but I do read the threads from time to time and they typically answer all questions and problems pretty much.

SilentEye
05-07-04, 12:55
Decide to get the SE-MOD next time. :o

Maarten
05-07-04, 12:59
Here's a list of thing you can try - and this goes for everyone who's having trouble with NLpro.

Try this:
(0 - make sure your NC is patched to 200.)
1 - uninstall NLpro (the 2.41.200 version) (do not use an old version ever again! )
2 - run the launcher and use the file check option
3 - download the corrupt files (if any) and start neocron
4 - check if everything works OK and exit
5 - then install NLpro using the safe-mode installation type!!!
6 - start neocron and check if everything is still OK
7 - run the NLpro setup (or start the installer again) and now use the Full installation type
8 - start neocron and see if you got yourself some dice

Now...
- if it's still broken at step 4 i'd recommend re-installing Neocron because it really seems to be messed up. Your system is completly clean of NLpro and even NC itself cant find the problem...
- if you encounter errors at step 6, i'm at a loss - shouldn't be possible.
- if you encounter errors at step 8 it's something ItemGFX related, post the details here and we'll sort that out too...

NOTE!!! Installing/uninstalling NLpro will completly RE-SET your GFX directory! Backup it if there's anything in there you want to safe!

Now, if you still get errors please mention at what step you got them and the other details... The more you tell me, the more I'm likely to have an answer for you.

Maybe this will help...