PDA

View Full Version : Aimbots !!!

RayBob
05-07-04, 11:55
This has nothing to do with Neocron.

I was just playing a game of UT2004 and some individual was blatantly using an aimbot. It wasn't even subtle. Luckily, it was a server that I frequent which is well moderated and he was quickly ridiculed, kicked, and banned.

I am curious about the personality of the people that use aimbots. I am sure that while UT was in beta testing, these people were already creating their aimbots. There is no way the developers could ever keep up with the dedicated efforts of such a large community.

Almost every online game suffers from cheating. I am not talking about people that use bots to perform repetitive tasks to level; rather, the people that use a cheat to give themselves a competitive PvP advantage. What makes these people tick? Do they get satisfaction beating someone when they know they are cheating? How can that be rewarding? Is losing that unbearable to these people? Did their mommies not hold them enough? :rolleyes: I just don’t get it.

To be fair, I think there is actually a fairly smaller group of people that actually develop the cheats and they are most likely motivated by the technical challenge. I can almost understand that. The fact that they then allow droves of idiots to use their work is more telling of their particular personality—their need for recognition, respect, and awe from…ummm, cheaters. 8|

{MD}GeistDamnit
05-07-04, 12:00
maybe what's rewarding to them is cracking a program's code and manipulating it to their will. The reason you can't just type "aimbot" in google and grab one for yourself, is that they are all custom made by ammature programers/hackers. Personally if I could hack I rather rob a bank, or maybe MJS ;)

amfest
05-07-04, 12:02
from my conversations from typical users of aimbots it's the giggle factor. They get all giggly like little girls when they use these bots to conquer the whole server. Making hard working good players lose totally to them because if they didn't have the bot they would have no way of winning really against them. It's the typical griefer play. Making someone else suffer gives them a high and they'll achieve it anyway they can. Easier the better so that Includes AimBots or cheat scripts

n3m
05-07-04, 12:03
I think people that use aimbots are idiots, I mean what's the fun in holding your mouse button down and letting that aimbot do the rest?
I really don't understand :confused:
It's funny how they quit the server when you kill them, while they have aimbots speedhacks and the likes. then coming back after 5 mins because they want a nice kill to 0 death ratio

I've seen my share of hackers in the games that I've played, even all those anti cheat software out there can't stand up to those hackers who have a new bot every 5 minutes..

But with all those hackers ppl tend to blame someone to fast for cheating. Especially in ET I got acused a lot of cheating :|

winnoc
05-07-04, 12:04
I played some FPS games over the internet before i went into mmorpg's.
It took me a while before i realized that some people were doing impossible things, so i went away from those games, i only went back to America's Army after they did the punkbuster upgrade to their servers. Things were much more fun after that.
No one company can take on the cheats, especially if they have people in their comunity that make hacks for the game.
Companies like punkbuster look for all the new hacks appearing and include them into their software.

As for people using aimbots, doesn't it get real boring after a while?
I'm thinking, that some of those "elite" pkers using them would be shit at pvp without them.

Original monk
05-07-04, 12:04
they use aimbot, they use wallhack, they use every possible cheat they can find and they STILL SUCK lol

so ya can woop there ass and point and laugh at them cause its obvious they use hacks but still get keeled :P

{MD}GeistDamnit
05-07-04, 12:08
There has to be a way for you to know though in a game like NC, on the other hand in a game like UT2004 it is hard to know weather or not your being cheated. Sometimes when I play I totally own everyone, then there are times I do average. But most of the people I have fought have done the same. I have yet to run into someone who dominates a server for a long time, but then again I dont play much UT2004 anymore :p

ezza
05-07-04, 12:09
aimbot users are scum or any other form of hack to enhance your abilities.

they got no skill so have to cheat.

dont matter what the game, if you hack you deserve to be banned

RayBob
05-07-04, 12:10
Catching a cheater is technically challenging for the game developers and game hosts, but possible. The problem is that the anonymity of the internet holds no consequences.

There should be some sort of association for gamers, a club if you will, requiring all members to register. Members would only play on club servers. Something like that so that your reputation would follow you.

SilentEye
05-07-04, 12:11
First of, I use the "Sexy" announcer voice. And I never play online. So I use an aimbot sometimes just to hear this:

DOUBLE KILL!
MULTI KILL!
MEGA KILL!
MONSTER KILL!
LUDICRIS KILL!
H-H-H-HOOLLYYY SHITTT shit, shit shit.

It ownz!

But seriously, cheating againts humans is just sick.

I always prefer to be good at a game and actually feel good about it, giving headshot and shit like that isn't fun, not for me.

Unless its againts the computer, because they wont get mad for it :)

RayBob
05-07-04, 12:15
DOUBLE KILL!
MULTI KILL!
MEGA KILL!
MONSTER KILL!
LUDICRIS KILL!
H-H-H-HOOLLYYY SHITTT shit, shit shit.I'm a fan of ROAD RAGE! :D

{MD}GeistDamnit
05-07-04, 12:19
First of, I use the "Sexy" announcer voice. And I never play online. So I use an aimbot sometimes just to hear this:

DOUBLE KILL!
MULTI KILL!
MEGA KILL!
MONSTER KILL!
LUDICRIS KILL!
H-H-H-HOOLLYYY SHITTT shit, shit shit.

It ownz!

But seriously, cheating againts humans is just sick.

I always prefer to be good at a game and actually feel good about it, giving headshot and shit like that isn't fun, not for me.

Unless its againts the computer, because they wont get mad for it :)

well that is pathetic, you need an aimbot to get a holy shit in ut2004? yes she sounds like she orgaziming it's cool. but I have gotten a holy shit playing against humans with instagib and i get it easily with godlike bots with just the sniper rifle on clasic face. dunno what your prob is though. and admitting you even have access to an aimbot just cut your popularity here in half I bet :/

hinch
05-07-04, 12:22
in CS i did abit of research into OGC when it was popular before VAC was common place.

it still managed to avoid all anti cheat detection stuff.
I came up with my own homecooked stuff which at first logged then later evolutions announceed them and did random ridicules of them as well as slays and slaps etc

then final evolution banned them

hearing the abuse and general response from the banned abusers im pretty sure theyre all 14 year olds who just cant stand loosing

Archeus
05-07-04, 12:25
The people who create the hacks vs the people who use them vary slightly. However the latter who release what they find tend to lack social maturity.

Reading the CS cheat forums years ago (with CS), it was apparant that the people who used the cheats had very little skill in CS and found it boring but got off on killing people in the game, and got off more on the fact that it was winding everyone else up.

Only one instance (in Quake2) did I ever see bot creators fight it out to see who had the better coding.

amfest
05-07-04, 12:32
Only one instance (in Quake2) did I ever see bot creators fight it out to see who had the better coding.

http://www.jonathonrobinson.com/3.0/web/webtsos.html

lol .. botfights are a bit silly.

SilentEye
05-07-04, 12:43
well that is pathetic, you need an aimbot to get a holy shit in ut2004? yes she sounds like she orgaziming it's cool. but I have gotten a holy shit playing against humans with instagib and i get it easily with godlike bots with just the sniper rifle on clasic face. dunno what your prob is though. and admitting you even have access to an aimbot just cut your popularity here in half I bet :/

No,

But I do need it to repeat the HOLY SHIT like 50 times in a row.
I'm not pathethic, I'm enjoying my self and that's what matters to me.

And you don't have to try and act all tough saying "I can do this and that" I mean, I do it to enjoy my self, not to sound kool.. So you try to enjoy your self now as well, and don't try to sound kool.

Oh and tell me, how do I care about my 'popularity' I mean, people who like me, like me, people who don't, don't.

I mean if someone likes me, there's no reason for him to dislike me cause usage of an aimbot on singleplayer bots.

RayBob
05-07-04, 12:44
The people who create the hacks vs the people who use them vary slightly. However the latter who release what they find tend to lack social maturity.I agree that there is a difference. The people who write them may initially enjoy the technical challenge, but releasing them for anyone to use is nothing more than showing off, a need for attention.

...the people who used the cheats had very little skill in CS and found it boring but got off on killing people in the game, and got off more on the fact that it was winding everyone else up.

…it's the giggle factor. They get all giggly like little girls when they use these bots to conquer the whole server…Making someone else suffer gives them a high…
When I get a good streak going then sure I get that sense of satisfaction. However, since they know they are going to get the kill, I don’t believe that is where they get their fun.

Like Archeus and amfest said, I think what they enjoy is not winning but making others angry. I did a quick search on the psychology of griefers and came up with a few quick possibilities…

the compulsion to buck the system and defy the authorities
the desire to feel powerful by inflicting problems on others
preying on vulnerable people (probably a way to cope with one's own feelings of helplessness and vulnerability)
seemingly sociopathic inability to empathize with other people
a preoccupation with issues of humiliation and shame
an inability or lack of interest in creating meaningful relationships

YoDa-UK
05-07-04, 12:46
I still play CS from time to time, when i get bored of lvling in NC or there is no fighting to be done, I still often see hackers in it, some more blatant that others with speed hacks and such, playing on publics servers there is no way to avoid them, the most common is of course the aimbot, with CS its headshot after headshot no matter what weapon the player uses, and more often than not its a weapon like a AK47 which has insane recoil so shouldn't hit the head like that, that often.

Anyway nothing will beat the cheaters, they are scum, i hate playing against them and refuse to, if i find a cheater on a cs server, i simple bring down console and hit dissconnect and goto another.

My view on those that use these cheats, they are scum, kids or not, they have no skill other than being able to download someone's shitty pointless work, or they don't have a life and feel the need to make something like that.

SjanTeN^
05-07-04, 12:47
[ edited ]

SilentEye
05-07-04, 12:49
Sjanten you shoudn't have posted that.

We were talking about UT2004 and now this thread will be locked. Thanks a lot buddy.

amfest
05-07-04, 12:56
gah . typical that someone would bring NC hack into a thread that states

:rolleyes:

winnoc
05-07-04, 12:59
Yeah Sjanten, edit it out man.

We are talking about UT2004 (lol)

RayBob
05-07-04, 13:00
Sjanten you shoudn't have posted that.
We were talking about UT2004 and now this thread will be locked. Thanks a lot buddy.No shit. Please edit your post Sjanten or maybe a mod can do it.

Nidhogg
05-07-04, 13:02
Too late, this thread is closed. I thought maybe you could discuss something like this carefully but I guess I was wrong.

N

/edit - as I said in reply to a PM regarding the closure of this topic:

It's not that there was one particular post by one particular person. He just illustrated that the community cannot be trusted to discuss exploits without getting into trouble - if it wasn't him it would have been someone else.