PDA

View Full Version : Alt tabbing?!

Ferabukoo
05-07-04, 10:33
I just formated my comp, and updated drivers, now everytime i alt tab, i get the black screen. I can still move around but my screen is just completely black. I have a radeon 9800 pro. I didnt used to get the black screen before. Anybody know a fix?

Archeus
05-07-04, 10:35
Its a known issue. Won't be fixed until September. Workaround = play in windowed mode.

You can change an ini file to make the windowed mode the same size as your desktop.

Ferabukoo
05-07-04, 10:38
i thought they fixed it. atleast they did for me. but now what do i do.

i had it fixed

Xylaz
05-07-04, 10:41
i thought they fixed it. atleast they did for me. but now what do i do.

i had it fixed

yes they fixed it. It's a driver/directX issue.

Try to experiment with the ati drivers a bit... 8.0 works for me.

Archeus
05-07-04, 10:48
You can also try setting your desktop to the same resolution as NC?

Ferabukoo
05-07-04, 10:56
which driver you use?

MjukisDjur
05-07-04, 10:57
What IS the best Radeon driver anyway?
Ive always used catalyst but maybe there are better things out there?

Right now I got a bug that makes Neocron freeze (looks like the computer hangs but I can ctrl+alt+del and still use the desktop but I cannot actually see anything because the frozen neocron image covers the whole screen 8|
The mouse pointer does show in the corners though but not in the middle of the screen. With some working in the blind I can then restart the computer but its beginning to be really anoying doing this 5-10 times a night...

Xylaz
05-07-04, 10:59
which driver you use?

Ati catalyst 8.0 and Dx9 - it works for me...

[edit]
i got that bug too, pretty rarely though...

Archeus
05-07-04, 11:00
if its XP when you hit CTRL-ALT-DEL it should bring up task manager (XP home), if you remember the keystrokes you can kill NC that way.

Ferabukoo
05-07-04, 11:00
hmm could you help me find the driver.. i cant find it

Xylaz
05-07-04, 11:03
hmm could you help me find the driver.. i cant find it

http://www.ati.com/support/driver.html

slaughteruall
05-07-04, 11:11
Ati catalyst 8.0 and Dx9 - it works for me...

[edit]
i got that bug too, pretty rarely though...

Catalyst 8.0?

Last time i checked they were on 4.6.

I've used and am using ATI drivers. Went from 4.4 down to 3.8 started playing SW:KTOR and had to go back to 3.8. But i still prefer www.driverheaven.com i like the omega drivers.

Xylaz
05-07-04, 11:15
Catalyst 8.0?

damn, sorry it's CATALYST Windows XP 4.6 (for some reasons it says 8.0 in driver info tab...). My bad.

slaughteruall
05-07-04, 11:18
damn, sorry it's CATALYST Windows XP 4.6 (for some reasons it says 8.0 in driver info tab...). My bad.

It's all good. The site says one thing but the file is called something entirely different. I haven't taken the time to decode that mumbo jumbo they use for a file name yet.

Slaughter

darknessfairy
05-07-04, 11:21
Catalyst 8.0?

I've used and am using ATI drivers. Went from 4.4 down to 3.8 started playing SW:KTOR and had to go back to 3.8. But i still prefer www.driverheaven.com i like the omega drivers.

Erm dude...that is a site for erm religious people.... Talks about the bible and how we should confess our sins... :/ Was that meant to be a joke??

slaughteruall
05-07-04, 11:23
Erm dude...that is a site for erm religious people.... Talks about the bible and how we should confess our sins... :/ Was that meant to be a joke??

ah damn it. It's www.driverheaven.org Sorry about that. My 12 hour shift here at work is coming to a end so it's almost time for bed.

Slaughter

{MD}GeistDamnit
05-07-04, 12:04
try the omega drivers :D

rob444
05-07-04, 13:44
If you experience that the mouse cursors is locked in a corner try a left click, this should pop you out to whatever wanted the mouse focus.