PDA

View Full Version : 2 ps2's on a single ip address?

Terayon
05-07-04, 04:09
i wanna go to my friends today 2 play some pandora tomarrow with him. but he has adsl and a single ip address and only a hub. would 2 ps2's work online at the same time through his hub?

Omnituens
05-07-04, 07:29
always worth a try, not see why it shouldnt work.

slaughteruall
05-07-04, 07:46
2 of anything on the same network will not work. His hub should give them a seperate IP adress because they will be hooked up into different ports.

Ozambabbaz
05-07-04, 08:04
it's possible to dual log in NC on a single PC, so i can't see why not.

In my house we got 3 comps hooked up, played most anything together.

Fiddle with ze port numbers :)

slaughteruall
05-07-04, 08:07
it's possible to dual log in NC on a single PC, so i can't see why not.

In my house we got 3 comps hooked up, played most anything together.

Fiddle with ze port numbers :)

Yes you can run 2 NC's on one comp. I do it all the time. It's because you can change the port that NC uses. Using 2 different machines on the same network is no big deal you just have to have a hob/switch or what not.

Slaughter

Archeus
05-07-04, 08:08
If you don't have a router then you can use ICS (Internet connection sharing). Although it will be a bit laggy.

Ozambabbaz
05-07-04, 08:09
my bad, i just got confuddled with the "2 of anything on the same network will not work.", sorry :)

slaughteruall
05-07-04, 08:12
my bad, i just got confuddled with the "2 of anything on the same network will not work.", sorry :)

Yeah sorry about that. I'm at work so my mind is really wondering. I really hate 12 hour shifts. Only 4 hours to go.

NcdJustin
05-07-04, 10:24
If you don't have a router then you can use ICS (Internet connection sharing). Although it will be a bit laggy.

I use ICS on my computers here -- they share one dialup connection -- 2 clients running on one computer and 1 on the other works fine -- No Lag at all :)

MjukisDjur
05-07-04, 10:26
No problem at all. Just remember to set LOCALPORT = "xxxxx" (http://www.neocron.com/index.php?name=NeoContent&op=modload&file=index&pageID=36)

Edit:
Sorry, just saw you were going to play another game but its probably got some similar settings to set.