PDA

View Full Version : Has KK announced a U.S. publisher?

RayBob
05-07-04, 02:02
Has KK announced a U.S. publisher?

Marx
05-07-04, 02:07
Has KK announced a U.S. publisher?*shakes 8-ball*

All signs point to 'No'.

40$Poser
05-07-04, 02:42
*shakes 8-ball*

All signs point to 'No'.

lol

hopefully neocron doesn't become a download only thing for north america, that would be teh sux for anyone who has 56k.

for us broadband users, wouldn't make a difference :D

NeoChick
05-07-04, 02:48
My only concern with this is that it has not been advertised yet. WOW, EQ etc only have a release December now (who knows, perhaps again delayed) but they have been advertising for many months - that is publicity!

On other forums and in other games, when I mention Neocron or NeocronDOY people still ask 'Neo what?'

It would be so nice if we could start of Neocron DOY with a bang, with many many people clamouring for the game - is that just a dream?

slaughteruall
05-07-04, 03:06
My only concern with this is that it has not been advertised yet. WOW, EQ etc only have a release December now (who knows, perhaps again delayed) but they have been advertising for many months - that is publicity!

On other forums and in other games, when I mention Neocron or NeocronDOY people still ask 'Neo what?'

It would be so nice if we could start of Neocron DOY with a bang, with many many people clamouring for the game - is that just a dream?

i would have to say yes. Maybe in a few days when that mag comes out along with the movie might change a few things. But they should of already gotten on the ball and started to advertise already. Sept 1st is coming quick and so far only this community has even gotten a whisper about it.

Only reason i can think of not advertising is because the servers would not hold the extra people. But if that is the case why has KK not upgraded to the new servers yet? If it's money get a loan from bigben or who ever to float you the money. You are partners after all. Servers are one major thing we need right now.

Slaughter

Scikar
05-07-04, 03:21
What about the fact that the current NC tends to scare away a lot of new players, who might not come back when DoY is released? It doesn't have to suddenly attract every player on the internet upon release to be a success. In fact, I'm warming to the idea more and more of letting people go to other MMORPGs first. The more patient players seem to be the more mature ones, so I wouldn't mind waiting a couple more months for populations to go up if it means we'll get some willing RPers and people with backbone instead of another generation of kiddies who love to spam trade all day.

Tank!
05-07-04, 04:38
Aren't they with Big Ben Interative now? I do remember that announcement a while back. That means they do have someone to publish the game in the US.

IceStorm
05-07-04, 06:26
It would be so nice if we could start of Neocron DOY with a bang, with many many people clamouring for the game - is that just a dream?Pluto with more than 100 people on all the time? With 200? With 300?

My god. We're gonna need benches in the hunting grounds.

I'm so used to being left utterly alone unless I come into NC proper. Am I the only one who likes to be left alone with the mobs? :-(

Clive tombstone
05-07-04, 07:40
I cant wait though, I hope i can make a clan that helps newbies, I know it sounds corny, but, hey Im killing a few (I know its 2 but, Im actually killing more :P) birds with 1 stone.

Publicity/little fame-which is always apreciated
The revival of NEXT on the Uri server
More people staying on Neocron due to new players learning proper gaming skill w/out disapointment.

I mean, yah, maybe, the only problem is now is getting people together, fixing some stuff up, and getting the newbies ^^

Maybe we can reform NeXT gen to this purpose? for a little while during release? y/n? who's with me?

Biznatchy
05-07-04, 09:14
Has KK announced a U.S. publisher?

The real question is will there be a US based server?

Archeus
05-07-04, 09:15

Nope.

slaughteruall
05-07-04, 09:16

Thats not a question. There wont be. Question you should be asking will there be a US launch for the game. Will they advertise at all. And if they do will it be better then the first launch.

Slaughter

Clyde
05-07-04, 10:49
i actually found a ad on ngemu.coms forums in a banner. I also see DOY info in alot of places, but theyre mostly in some no name game website

MjukisDjur
05-07-04, 10:59
Thats not a question. There wont be. Question you should be asking will there be a US launch for the game. Will they advertise at all. And if they do will it be better then the first launch.

Slaughter

Can it in anyway be worse??
Atleast we got the damn game in the stores in Sweden :)

slaughteruall
05-07-04, 11:04
Can it in anyway be worse??
Atleast we got the damn game in the stores in Sweden :)

Still? It was hard as hell to find it state side. Well at least in maine where i'm at. I had to pick it up when i was on vacation in california and my co worker had to order it online.

Slaughter

Judge
05-07-04, 11:19
What about the fact that the current NC tends to scare away a lot of new players, who might not come back when DoY is released? It doesn't have to suddenly attract every player on the internet upon release to be a success. In fact, I'm warming to the idea more and more of letting people go to other MMORPGs first. The more patient players seem to be the more mature ones, so I wouldn't mind waiting a couple more months for populations to go up if it means we'll get some willing RPers and people with backbone instead of another generation of kiddies who love to spam trade all day.

Exactly. If they start advertising now, people will come for NC, see that its not in the prime of youth, then bugger off elsewhere and refuse to come back for DoY.

Btw, cya later everyone. I'm off camping. :D