PDA

View Full Version : Name Filter

Pages : [1] 2 3

Iorghe
06-07-04, 17:28
The big subject of namefiltering, where to start. First of we were planning on implementing this feature for a while. We just didn't get to it until recently.

This thread was spotted and Thanatos stood at my desk asking what the plans were with this particular subject. So here it is the final and by now implemented and functional name filter.

Naming convention for NC:BDoY has been discussed
Result:

No special characters like ^!"§$%&/()=? etc allowed
Only Alphabetical
The player may use 2 spaces in his name, none in the beginning, none at the end, no 2 spaces behind each other
they may use the '-' symbol once, it will count as a space, (for names like jean-jaques)
Only the first letter of each part of the name can be a capital nOt pOSiBLe-name

Examples:
Bad formatting:

DR00PY (zero's instead of 'o')
-=PWn@63=-
hEARTBREAKEh
NiN - TendO(space-minus-space)
rufus (space in front)

Good formatting:

Kenjuu Boushi
Ari-Gato Demo
Ari Gato-Demo
Wilfred Willy Wallace

Auto formatting:
When peoples put in names like:
hEARTBREAKEh
SUPER-DUPER SHOoTER
SUPer duPER-shoOTEr

The auto formatter will change them (without asking) to:
Heartbreakeh
Super-Duper Shooter
Super Duper-Shooter

These are the rules of the Neocron Character Naming Convention

Next to these basic rules a list of non acceptable names will be assembled. On character creation the wished charactername will be tested and evaluated.

jernau
06-07-04, 17:29
WOW - thanks for update Iorghe.

Sticky time?

Siygess
06-07-04, 17:31
Go go gadget name filter!

That sounds pretty good to me :D

Lexxuk
06-07-04, 17:31
I have to accounts with very unoriginal names.

Lexxuk
Lexxuk.

Does that mean I would have to change Lexxuk. to Lexxuk- also, how do you intend to make the name filter retroactive?

ezza
06-07-04, 17:33
guess i better get thinking of new names for the Ezza. and others :mad:

Iorghe
06-07-04, 17:35
I have to accounts with very unoriginal names.

Lexxuk
Lexxuk.

Does that mean I would have to change Lexxuk. to Lexxuk- also, how do you intend to make the name filter retroactive?

No lexxuk,
You will need to migrate your character from Neocron to Neocron:Beyond Dome of York.

This will be done using a webinterface. After selecting the character you want to migrate, his nickname will be tested according to the new naming convention. If your nickname is illegal (big word), you will have to provide a new one.

If you only have these two characternames you will be able to keep 'lexxuk' on the first one and you will have to change 'lexxuk.' to something else.

This naming convention does not apply to the account names, only to character names

Lexxuk
06-07-04, 17:37
Thankyou for the clarification, btw, will you marry me? :D

/edit - re-read - I'm unsure on the clarification of the intergrating from NC to DOY, this needs to be done manually for your char to be moved from the NC database to the DOY database?

jernau
06-07-04, 17:38
Nice edit :). Fixed my only real complaint.

If some names are forced to change though shouldn't we all get that option if we want it?

n3m
06-07-04, 17:38
only alphabetical?

Siygess
06-07-04, 17:40

One solution might be to implement a one-off character renaming screen just before BDoY is released. This screen would obviously apply the new naming rules so if you have an acceptable name, you could just resubmit it. If not you could pick a new name (as long as it's not the same as an existing name in the db) and hey-presto, you're sorted.

EDIT: Ah, never mind. Just read Iorghes second post.

Celt
06-07-04, 17:42
No special characters like ^!"§$%&/()=? etc allowed Good

Only Alphabetical Bad
The player may use 2 spaces in his name, none in the beginning, none at the end, no 2 spaces behind each other Good
they may use the '-' symbol once, it will count as a space, (for names like jean-jaques) Good
Only the first letter of each part of the name can be a capital nOt pOSiBLe-name VERY EXTREMELY MASSIVELY BAD.

Clownst0pper
06-07-04, 17:45
Only alphabeticle is brilliant, since when is someone when there born called l337?

Althought K-13 or something for a player would be good :confused:

jernau
Don't you mean "v3ry ExtrEm3LY B4d"? :p

Lexxuk
Only alphabeticle is brilliant, since when is someone when there born called l337?

Althought K-13 or something for a player would be good :confused:

I was born 1337 and ub3r :p

n3m
Only alphabeticle is brilliantKOS :mad:

hivemind
06-07-04, 17:47
Wonderful. Brilliant. Stupendous.

I'd also like to mention that I don't have to adjust a single name on any of my characters on five servers.

Nyah nyah. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Iorghe
06-07-04, 17:47
Thankyou for the clarification, btw, will you marry me? :D

/edit - re-read - I'm unsure on the clarification of the intergrating from NC to DOY, this needs to be done manually for your char to be moved from the NC database to the DOY database?

I won't marry you, but thanks for the offer, I know how much it means comming from you :)

You will be able to select your character / server (for example "lexxuk" / "Pluto") and migrate that one to a doy character / server (for example "lexxuk" / "Doy server 3")

this does not imply how many doy servers there will be, nor does it state that lexxuk will migrate to the third available server. The doy servername used in this example is fictive and does not imply in any way that the server names will change.

Clownst0pper
06-07-04, 17:50
I won't marry you, but thanks for the offer, I know how much it means comming from you :)

You will be able to select your character / server (for example "lexxuk" / "Pluto") and migrate that one to a doy character / server (for example "lexxuk" / "Doy server 3")

this does not imply how many doy servers there will be, nor does it state that lexxuk will migrate to the third available server. The doy servername used in this example is fictive and does not imply in any way that the server names will change.

Lexxuk, your so comming to DOY [saturn] ;)

jernau
06-07-04, 17:51

Does that mean we can all change the names of all our chars then? Or is it just if they are now invalid?

Also this seems to mean that a one-off cross-server transfer is going to be possible which to me is :D :D :D.

Beowulf
06-07-04, 17:51
Will the symbol ' be allowed ?
It might be usefull for our french name ?

Marx
06-07-04, 17:53
Outstanding - thanks for the heads up.

Iorghe
06-07-04, 17:58
Will the symbol ' be allowed ?
It might be usefull for our french name ?
nope, not at the moment.

Does that mean we can all change the names of all our chars then? Or is it just if they are now invalid?

Also this seems to mean that a one-off cross-server transfer is going to be possible which to me is :D :D :D.
Not known to this date and time

LTA
06-07-04, 17:58
Only the first letter can be a captial?
Wtf

heh in English lessons they always told me names start with capitals both first and last so why do i have to be John smith instead of John Smith (not my name btw just example) it just looks silly to me.
All my chars tend to have 2 names which both start in caps cuz heh thats the way i have always done names it's just i don't get why i can't have 2 names with a starting cap.

Candaman
06-07-04, 17:59

Thats one hell of a disclaimer lol

Siygess
06-07-04, 18:01
Hehe LTA, learn to read :D

Only the first letter of each part of the name can be a capital

So John smith can in fact be John Smith. Mind you, I wouldn't want to be John DeMarco :D

Lexxuk
Wtf

heh in English lessons they always told me names start with capitals both first and last so why do i have to be John smith instead of John Smith (not my name btw just example) it just looks silly to me.
All my chars tend to have 2 names which both start in caps cuz heh thats the way i have always done names it's just i don't get why i can't have 2 names with a starting cap.

First capital of each word as in John Smith is allowed the way I read it.

Iorghe
Wtf

Sorry but in English lessons they always told me names start with capitals both first and last so why do i have to be John smith instead of John Smith (not my name btw just example) it just looks silly to me.
All my chars tend to have 2 names which both start in caps cuz heh thats the way i have always done names

read the examples again LTA
New example:
LTA creates a new character
LTA chooses the name "John smith"
LTA ends the character creation
LTA checks the new avatar's name
LTA sees "John Smith"

Freeejumper
06-07-04, 18:02

how many chars will i be able to move ? will you move my apps too ? what will you do against name stealing ?

n3m
06-07-04, 18:02
Wtf

All my chars tend to have 2 names which both start in caps cuz heh thats the way i have always done names it's just i don't get why i can't have 2 names with a starting cap."Only the first letter of each part of the name can be a capital"

:mad:

Sakletare
06-07-04, 18:03
Well... i have a problem. :(

I have a character named "Medic!" (it's funny, ppl never ask nicely for a medic, they shout for him, laugh damnit).
Now i can't have that nick because of the "!" and i can't change nick to "Medic" because someone took that nick long after i created my character. What to do... i'm well know as medic.

I'm sad... :(

LTA
06-07-04, 18:06
lol
Didnt even see all of your post, only the bit in quote :S
You all musta seen that and starting posting at the same time aswell, the fact like 3 odd peeps letme know :p

Where's that sand....... :(

ezza
06-07-04, 18:12
Well... i have a problem. :(

I have a character named "Medic!" (it's funny, ppl never ask nicely for a medic, they shout for him, laugh damnit).
Now i can't have that nick because of the "!" and i can't change nick to "Medic" because someone took that nick long after i created my character. What to do... i'm well know as medic.

I'm sad... :(i have a droner called Look out below!!!! guess im gonna have a name change there :(

J. Folsom
06-07-04, 18:18
Wtf

Based on the examples provided, it's most likely first letter of each word in the name, not only the very first letter of the name.

Benjie
06-07-04, 18:20
Very nice. Will any rules apply to Clan naming?

Personally I prefere names like "Mirror Shades", "Silent", and "Freedom Force", to non word names. (not naming any) If this is going to be the case, different rules should apply.

// Edit

Wow! As soon as I posted there where 5 posts below mine! Talk about an active thread!

Iorghe
i have a droner called Look out below!!!! guess im gonna have a name change there :(

You can name him "Look Out Below"

Very nice.

Will any rules apply to Clan naming?
It is already under consideration

Jailbird
Hey, there is a more better naming method ive seen in AO.

you would have to make ur first name and last name and then ur nickname.

so lets say u wanted your first name to be "Martin" and last name to be "Schweizer" (just an example.. did i spell it right though? :p) and ur Nickname "Codename Nib"

your name would be as following:

Martin "Codename Nib" Schweizer

but you will only be called "Codename Nib" and ur first name and last name will only appear if someone info you ( maybe target you in NC).

Sorontar
06-07-04, 18:21
Nooo so I will have to get rid of James D'Grisse

or change it at least to James DeGrisse which looks much worse...

oh wait only one capital at the start so either De Grisse , Degrisse or Dgrisse

they look shite

Okay someone start a petition to allow the ' ........... KK are just being 'ist :D

@Jailbird

I'd like that idea as I would like having a handle for streetwork which I am known by but also a real name.

Beowulf
06-07-04, 18:21
nope, not at the moment.

Not only for french, but Irish !

No more Chris O'Donnel :(

Prankster26193
06-07-04, 18:22
NO! NO NAME FILTERS!

-BigdickinNeocronSmalldickinreallife(uranus)

uh-hum, seriously, yes, if you dont have a name filter for B: DOY I will have to murder someone.

Iorghe
06-07-04, 18:23
Hey, there is a more better naming method ive seen in AO.

you would have to make ur first name and last name and then ur nickname.

so lets say u wanted your first name to be "Martin" and last name to be "Schweizer" (just an example.. did i spell it right though? :p) and ur Nickname "Codename Nib"

your name would be as following:

Martin "Codename Nib" Schweizer

but you will only be called "Codename Nib" and ur first name and last name will only appear if someone info you ( maybe target you in NC).

I know the AO character creation, since i played it 2 times 6 months and one time 3 months (it couldn't keep my attention longer)

Tough AO's naming is a lot stricter, you cannot choose your first / lastname afaik, only your nickname and you cannot use spaces in your nickname and only use alphabetical + numerical

You can get your first and last name customised by a gm... afterwards, or if you marry someone..

I personally don't think their naming convention is better, but that is not on topic right now

Teal'c
06-07-04, 18:24
I love my '!!
Save the ' !! :(

Benjie
06-07-04, 18:25
It is already under consideration

I believe things like this should be allowed for clan naming.

M.E.R.C.
MERC

But not...

M...E....R.....C
.M.E.R.C. (dot before clan title)

BTW, thanks for adressing this. Much respect from Benjie.

Teal'c
06-07-04, 18:27
i hate =.!: before the clan names

Iorghe
06-07-04, 18:28
I believe things like this should be allowed for clan naming.

M.E.R.C.
MERC

But not...

M...E....R.....C
.M.E.R.C. (dot before clan title)

BTW, thanks for adressing this. Much respect from Benjie. Implament neon umbrellas?

you can give it it's own thread, where the community can bring in their ideas on a neocron clan name convention

neon hurt my eyes

Candaman
06-07-04, 18:29
Based on the examples provided, it's most likely first letter of each word in the name, not only the very first letter of the name.

plz try and keep up

LTA
06-07-04, 18:31
neon hurt my eyes
Neon umbrellas wont hurt your eyes, they will attract them and you will not be able to look away from the beauty that is Neon Umbrellas....

Iorghe
06-07-04, 18:35
Neon umbrellas wont hurt your eyes, they will attract them and you will not be able to look away from the beauty that is Neon Umbrellas....
i got an umbrella-phobia, don't ask me about it (let alone asking about it here ;))

Moscow
06-07-04, 18:40
Does this mean I win the discussion? :p

But anyway, this is VERY good to hear, Iorghe. Thank you for taking the time to post in the thread. Obviously a number of names will have to change slightly, but I can't see this being too much of a problem in the long run.

Peace.

-Moscow

LTA
06-07-04, 18:41
i got an umbrella-phobia, don't ask me about it (let alone asking about it here ;))Heh you have to face the phobia to conquer it ... or something like that (i heard a psychiatrist k say it somewhere)

Everyone mail im piccies of the neon....

and err back on topic ...

I think that like certain symbols should be allowed once in the name espcially for over countries who tend have to em in there names (ie the ') also 1 ! can't hurt and one last thing do something with the l cuz once when some of our members came onto the server they all had names like llll llllllll heh

heh might be a problem tho when peeps can't get their name cuz someone has it ie someone has Dude already but theres someone called Dude! you can ask em to change completely but isn't that a tad errr

Prankster26193
06-07-04, 18:41
Neon umbrella!http://www.bladezone.com/contents/film/production/props/lostandfound/umbrella/umbrella_gary_dark.jpg

more neon umbrellas! (http://www.bladezone.com/contents/film/production/props/lostandfound/umbrella/)

Also, Iorghe, next time I see you in game, screw a plasma pistol or a cursed soul, im stealing one of the npc's umbrellas and taking you out!

Benjie
06-07-04, 18:44
Neon umbrella!

more neon umbrellas! (http://www.bladezone.com/contents/film/production/props/lostandfound/umbrella/)
Sexy. Ooooh everyone wants neon umbrellas!

Iorge, I appologise for hijacking this thread.

Someone should start a new one. (I would do it but I've created like what, a billion of threads about this already?)

Jest
06-07-04, 18:52
What will be done if some one changes their name to my name before I have a chance to register? Does that mean Im pretty much f*ed and I get to think of a new nick name?

ezza
06-07-04, 18:54
yarr if someone steals my name they get killed at everyturn by me untill they delete there char :mad:

40$Poser
06-07-04, 18:54
@iorghe

good thing I don't have anymore characters using my forum name...

'No special characters like ^!"§$%&/()=? etc allowed'

8|

ezza
06-07-04, 18:55
guess you will now be fortydollar poser :p

Xaru
06-07-04, 18:58
I think allowing 2 uppercase Letters would be a good thing. Just Think of all the McDonalds who will be only Mcdonalds now.

And i think you should allow a certain amount of special chars, because it adds to diversity in the names. I like it. I hate names like Perter Constructor or Johnny APU mauch mor (even though it will be Johnny Apu now) :)

Xaru

ezza
06-07-04, 18:59
I think allowing 2 uppercase Letters would be a good thing. Just Think of all the McDonalds who will be only Mcdonalds now.

Xaruim sure Ronald McDonald on saturn will be displeased

Sigma
06-07-04, 19:03
im sure Ronald McDonald on saturn will be displeasedDangerKlaus will be displeased...

same with n00b mit Waffe...

:wtf:

Edit - It's good to see that KK implements a namefilter so quick.

I mean it's only 2 yrs AFTER RETAILSTART :wtf:

athon
06-07-04, 19:04
I would like to see limited allowance for special characters. At the moment I have 8 characters (not all active) which have basically the same name with slight variations, along the lines of:

Athon
Athon Solo
Athon Solo UK
Athon.Solo.UK
Athon Solo [UK]
Athon Solo (UK)
Athon.Solo [UK]

With only 2 spaces, one of which can be a -, I'm going to have a harder time thinking up variations on this name, and I personally like my characters to be linked in this way (all my chars are same clan, same faction).

Suggestion: Allow a _ instead of a space as well, that would give me a few more likeable variations to work with.

Suggestion: One use each of ( and ) OR [ and ] - does not count as a space.

Athon Solo

jernau
06-07-04, 19:06
I mean it's only 2 yrs AFTER RETAILSTART :wtf:It's called "Learning".:rolleyes:

Jailbird
I know the AO character creation, since i played it 2 times 6 months and one time 3 months (it couldn't keep my attention longer)

Tough AO's naming is a lot stricter, you cannot choose your first / lastname afaik, only your nickname and you cannot use spaces in your nickname and only use alphabetical + numerical

You can get your first and last name customised by a gm... afterwards, or if you marry someone..

I personally don't think their naming convention is better, but that is not on topic right now

They changed it. you can make your own first and last name at character creation. I gave it a try couple of months ago since i was bored and I was able to make my first and last name.

I was trying to show you a better naming system suitable for RP but o well. thats not in topic I guess :p

hivemind
I would like to see limited allowance for special characters. At the moment I have 8 characters (not all active) which have basically the same name with slight variations, along the lines of:

Athon
Athon Solo
Athon Solo UK
Athon.Solo.UK
Athon Solo [UK]
Athon Solo (UK)
Athon.Solo [UK]

With only 2 spaces, one of which can be a -, I'm going to have a harder time thinking up variations on this name, and I personally like my characters to be linked in this way (all my chars are same clan, same faction).

Suggestion: Allow a _ instead of a space as well, that would give me a few more likeable variations to work with.

Athon Solo
Getting rid of names like that is kind of the point. They have zero RP value. Unless you're some kind of multi-personality schizo...

LTA
06-07-04, 19:07
"yarr if someone steals my name they get killed at everyturn by me untill they delete there char "

What if he rolls a new char and just leaves that one dormant....

Spose you could hope he uses ie :p

ezza
06-07-04, 19:09
"yarr if someone steals my name they get killed at everyturn by me untill they delete there char "

What if he rolls a new char and just leaves that one dormant....

Spose you could hope he uses ie :pwell that just wouldnt be very sporting of them :p

Candaman
06-07-04, 19:13
This is not gonna go down well with my clan on jupi as most of us have the clan tag incorporated into our names and it is a kinda trademark

Can we have a exception for [FaNG] plz

athon
06-07-04, 19:13
Getting rid of names like that is kind of the point. They have zero RP value. Unless you're some kind of multi-personality schizo...

My view of this thread was that the point was to get rid of the extremely hard to type names that griefers use. Things like '||||||||||||||' or '$*97*(&*(%'. And so what if I have a multiple personality? Personally I hate keeping track of all the alts people have. I can just about manage it for my own clan. I play all my alts with the same personality, I just like playing at different skills - it keeps the game interesting.

Advantage of having all alts with the same name: Easily identified by friendlies as being one and the same person.

Disadvantage: Easily identified by enemies as being one and the same person. If I kill someone on one character, I can't take another character levelling in the same spot, because the person, who will usually return with friends to avenge their death will be able to easily identify me.

I suppose I could always name my alts along the lines of:
Athon Solo 1
Athon Solo 2
Athon Solo 3

But that just looks silly IMO.

Athon Solo

[TgR]KILLER
06-07-04, 19:14
well thanks.. but erm no gues no bdoy for me then.. i used this nick online for like 3/4 years everybody knows me with it.. and like hell i'm gonna change it.. i aint gonna change my nick because a few people go make +D+F_D+_F+#DF:#{{{}}}}||| nicks.. screw that.

Richard Slade
06-07-04, 19:16
KILLER']well thanks.. but erm no gues no bdoy for me then.. i used this nick online for like 3/4 years everybody knows me with it.. and like hell i'm gonna change it.. i aint gonna change my nick because a few people go make +D+F_D+_F+#DF:#{{{}}}}||| nicks.. screw that.

Tough shit and suit yourself for being whiny then.

Marx
06-07-04, 19:16
KILLER']well thanks.. but erm no gues no bdoy for me then.. i used this nick online for like 3/4 years everybody knows me with it.. and like hell i'm gonna change it.. i aint gonna change my nick because a few people go make +D+F_D+_F+#DF:#{{{}}}}||| nicks.. screw that.
Whats the point of having a clan tag in your name, if you're already going to be in that clan though?

Benjie
06-07-04, 19:18
Seriously?
Thats very shallow you know.

n3m
06-07-04, 19:18
Well I agree. This filter is a bit harsh if you ask me

and why not full cap names? I mean if you put lowercase in Direct you will still get ThAt nAmE.. :confused:

guess ill be called nemski from now on O_o

And Twist3d, Twist3r, smok3d, etc :|

I wanted to have names like ........ |||||||||| ., ;;;,,.;,;,::
removed.

ezza
06-07-04, 19:19

killer its not like people call you TgR is it, its an irrelavant thing, and( idunno if you do) but if you have the clan called TgR i dont really see a problem.

dont be quiting over 3 letters and 2 symbols :(

[TgR]KILLER
06-07-04, 19:21
well yea shit indeed.. fuckloads of people know me by this nick and i aint gonna change it so screw it then. i aint telling you to change your name do i ? i use this nick everywere in any game it is me. even my m8 irl calls me kill all the time.. and screw it i aint changing my name.. its like having to change my name irl.

Benjie
06-07-04, 19:21
And Twist3d, twist3r, smok3d, etc :|
Those names steal atmosphere.
Neocron has a 1337 problem. It scares of newbies, influences immaturity, and generally pissess me off. This seems like a very good first step.

KILLER']well yea shit indeed.. fuckloads of people know me by this nick and i aint gonna change it so screw it then. i aint telling you to change your name do i ? i use this nick everywere in any game it is me. even my m8 irl calls me kill all the time.. and screw it i aint changing my name.. its like having to change my name irl.
I'm sorry, but no. Thats not a real argument, thats a whine.

Moscow
06-07-04, 19:22
Athon
Why not just have them all use the same last name? i.e:

Bob Solo
Jimmy Solo
Tracy Solo

And so on. Failing that, just bung a third name in the middle of Athon Solo:

Athon "Fixer" Solo
Athon "Deadeye" Solo
Athon "Pistolwhip" Solo

Gives the characters the "family" feeling, and, in my eyes, is considerably more suited to the game.

Peace.

-Moscow

Iorghe
06-07-04, 19:22
What will be done if some one changes their name to my name before I have a chance to register? Does that mean Im pretty much f*ed and I get to think of a new nick name?

same concern was written in the german thread, as stated there, we don't know yet. We will give this issue some tought and we will inform you about our solution when that time comes. At this moment, there are bigger nuts to crack.

I misread your post moscow ^^
sozz

jernau
06-07-04, 19:23
KILLER']well yea shit indeed.. fuckloads of people know me by this nick and i aint gonna change it so screw it then. i aint telling you to change your name do i ? i use this nick everywere in any game it is me. even my m8 irl calls me kill all the time.. and screw it i aint changing my name.. its like having to change my name irl.
Tgr-Killer

Sorted.

Or are you telling us all these people calll you "TGR open bracket killer close bracket" in real life?

n3m
06-07-04, 19:24
I take away atmosphere with a name? O_o

hivemind
06-07-04, 19:24
My view of this thread was that the point was to get rid of the extremely hard to type names that griefers use. Things like '||||||||||||||' or '$*97*(&*(%'.
It's ONE goal, not THE goal. Another goal is to enhance the atmosphere of the servers by removing silly stuff.

And so what if I have a multiple personality? Personally I hate keeping track of all the alts people have. I can just about manage it for my own clan. I play all my alts with the same personality, I just like playing at different skills - it keeps the game interesting.

Advantage of having all alts with the same name: Easily identified by friendlies as being one and the same person.
But they shouldn't be the same person. It's a role playing game. Playing yourself with eight different toons isn't role playing. It's powergaming.

I suppose I could always name my alts along the lines of:
Athon Solo 1
Athon Solo 2
Athon Solo 3

But that just looks silly IMO.
I don't see the difference between that and:

Athon
Athon Solo
Athon Solo UK
Athon.Solo.UK
Athon Solo [UK]
Athon Solo (UK)
Athon.Solo [UK]

Looks silly either way. With the exception of the first two, the rest might as well be in a CS server, not an RPG. And what possible relevance does the UK have to the world of Neocron?

ezza
06-07-04, 19:25
ok question, if this had been in from start, would you not of joined cos it wouldnt allow you to have your known name :confused:

i dunno i guess cos i aint attached to my name in same way, i mean ive been known as Ezza from like 5 or 6 lol but i happily use other names in games.

infact neo is first game i assumed the Ezza name in game

[TgR]KILLER
06-07-04, 19:26
Tgr-Killer

Sorted.

Or are you telling us all these people calll you "TGR open bracket killer close bracket" in real life?

erm no not sorted its fucked it looks fucked its ub3r fucked..

and erm.. learn to spell first if you gonna try to spell something :rolleyes:

Cyphor
06-07-04, 19:27
edit: damn lol im too slow :(

Im agreeing with Jernau its pronounced the same so you keep your identity, it might not look the same but everyone will know its you, which is what matters :angel:

Benjie
06-07-04, 19:27
I take away atmosphere with a name? O_o
Yes, you do.

If your name was Teddy Ryan, or Nathan White, or Demitri Green, you would be adding atmosphere. If it was Fireblade, or Sex Kitten, you would not be adding any atmosphere. If it was P4wn4g3, or n3m, you would be taking atmosphere away.

There is much more to Neocron than just PvP. In games like counterstrike and Quake, these names are allowed because atmosphere is irrelevant. Neocron is different, and I am appriciative that Reakktor reccognaise that.

[TgR]KILLER
06-07-04, 19:28
ok question, if this had been in from start, would you not of joined cos it wouldnt allow you to have your known name :confused:

i dunno i guess cos i aint attached to my name in same way, i mean ive been known as Ezza from like 5 or 6 lol but i happily use other names in games.

infact neo is first game i assumed the Ezza name in game

1st maybe don't know but that aint the point.. i aint gonna change my nick 1.5 years in the game.. and i AM attached to my name cause it IS my name.. but nobody cares so why i even try.. i quit posting in this thread..

Hell-demon
06-07-04, 19:29
" A rose by any other name is still as sweet"

Who cares if people have imature names and numbers. A name is unique and is a reflection of someone. Also TgR KILLER has a point. His names is his identity and it does'nt matter if it has a clan tag at the front.

jernau
KILLER']erm no not sorted its fucked it looks fucked its ub3r fucked..

and erm.. learn to spell first if you gonna try to spell something :rolleyes:
Grow up.

Celt
so, SirRah becomes Sirrah(which is an actual word)
Anyone with a french(De*) or irish(O'*) name cant use it anymore, you cant be something like MaligN but you can be Malign.

Utterly, UTTERLY pointless small changes.

Benjie
06-07-04, 19:31
KK should take it a step further and only allow letters. You should be forced to choose a second name aswell as a first. Characters with non-name names such as "Fire Starter", or "Cornish Pasty" should be forced to rename there characters to something more appropriate.

Neocron is not counterstrike or Unreal.

40$Poser
06-07-04, 19:31
guess you will now be fortydollar poser :p

would appear so :X

jernau
06-07-04, 19:33
KK should take it a step further and only allow letters. You should be forced to choose a second name aswell as a first. Characters with non-name names such as "Fire Starter", or "Cornish Pasty" should be forced to rename there characters to something more appropriate.
No they shouldn't.

40$Poser

Neocron is not counterstrike or Unreal.

what about those of us who named our characters according to the theme of the faction we joined when we first began?

Tech Haven, technology... thus decypher (teh evil hybrid)

Celt
Yes, you do.In your opinion, and your opinion only.

If your name was Teddy Ryan, or Nathan White, or Demitri Green, you would be adding atmosphere.So in a post apocalyptic setting where humanity degenerated into living a sort of tribal life with no technology, and then slowly clawed its way back up, we are going to have the same names as today?

An infamous assassin is going to be called "Nathan Joyce" to whoever he kills, he's not going to be "Fireblade" or something similar?

Get off your high horse, get out and get a clue.

If it was Fireblade, or Sex Kitten, you would not be adding any atmosphere.Fireblade would be fine for a tank or a PE, sex kitten would be great if you were roleplaying a dancer/stripper.

Oh wait, I said the r word.

If it was P4wn4g3, or n3m, you would be taking atmosphere away.Yeah yeah.

There is much more to Neocron than just PvP. In games like counterstrike and Quake, these names are allowed because atmosphere is irrelevant. Neocron is different, and I am appriciative that Reakktor reccognaise that.Go somewhere far far away and roleplay.
Then come back and apologise to everyone for talking as if you actually know something about it.

hivemind
so, SirRah becomes Sirrah(which is an actual word)
Anyone with a french(De*) or irish(O'*) name cant use it anymore, you cant be something like MaligN but you can be Malign.

Utterly, UTTERLY pointless small changes.
The "pointless small changes" are a bonus side effect of disallowing names like "|||||||!!!!1111llllll" and "Ub4r.c0nStRuCt0r" that I'm more than pleased with.

Hell-demon
Role players are saying that having a strange name ruins atmosphere. BOLLOCKS!

You can ahve a strange name and role play. Brammers he is a role player and [TgR] KILLER has role played on occasion. Neocron is not just about atmosphere its also about being fun and unique. I dont want to see people will family names, I want to see people with unusual names and diversity.

[TgR]KILLER
06-07-04, 19:34
Grow up.

got one for you to..

fuck off :) you spelled it wrong and you know it now i gotta grow up.. nothing better to say ?

Benjie
06-07-04, 19:35
Fireblade would be fine for a tank or a PE, sex kitten would be great if you were roleplaying a dancer/stripper.
True, but that wouldn't be your real name.

I think Nicknames should be allowed too, which would allow all characters (@#$%%^&1234567 etc.). Nicknames would appear under your name, if you so choose, and could be changeable in game.

jernau
06-07-04, 19:36
KILLER']got one for you to..

fuck off :) you spelled it wrong and you know it now i gotta grow up.. nothing better to say ?
Who's having a tantrum because he has to use a sensible name in a game?
Whose only defense is to deflect attention to a typo?

That better for you?

Celt
06-07-04, 19:37
True, but that wouldn't be your real name.

I think Nicknames should be allowed too, which would allow all characters (@#$%%^&1234567 etc.). Nicknames would appear under your name, if you so choose, and could be changeable in game.Guess what, Iorghe said that nothing of the sort is being added.

So stfu already.

Hell-demon
Why is everyone so concerned about names. There names for fuck sakes! Its utterly pointless. Its okay to filter imature words but to be oppressive and not allow nicknames is FUBAR.

Benjie
KILLER']got one for you to..

Grow up. :rolleyes:

Celt
06-07-04, 19:38
The "pointless small changes" are a bonus side effect of disallowing names like "|||||||!!!!1111llllll" and "Ub4r.c0nStRuCt0r" that I'm more than pleased with.So people cant be called Christian DeVries(:D) but can be called Hivemind?

Hardly "enhancing" roleplay.

Iorghe
06-07-04, 19:38
1) [TgR] can start up his clan then the clan prefix can be [TgR] and his avatar will be Killer
2) Goes to celt, teal'c and some others aswell i think.
We might add support for an apostrophe (single quote) in a name.
Some valid points were given to have such a possibility.

Benjie
06-07-04, 19:39
Guess what, Iorghe said that nothing of the sort is being added.

So stfu already.
Yes, I know. I read the entire thread.

There is nothing wrong with being suggestive.

n3m
06-07-04, 19:39
So If I'd rename to Monque Dique I contribute in atmosphere..

because, well, theres no number in it so I should be fine :confused:

Marx
06-07-04, 19:40
So in a post apocalyptic setting where humanity degenerated into living a sort of tribal life with no technology, and then slowly clawed its way back up, we are going to have the same names as today?
First off, tradition was not lost, it changed to suit the enviroment of the post-apocalyptic world. You still had intriguing names, as is made obvious in the history...

Then several hundred years later... Here we are. Society has been rebuilt with assitance from the Ceres disks, life is lived without worry of the past and its dangers. I don't think everyone and their mother is a hardened criminal, or a tribal fighter... Everyone is trying to live as their ancestors did, criminals are criminals, lawmen are lawmen, fighters are fighters.

Anyway, seeing as each player is hypothetically 'born' based on all those lovely stats about date of birth, genetic strain, etc... It wouldn't be too far fetched that you'd be named; although the values of future society would be different, I doubt they'd be so different as to allow for the names and the like we see ingame now.

Sorontar
06-07-04, 19:41
The changes are valid and much needed IMO but need the odd tweak that's all. I'm seeing more and more names that are just obscenities.

For me if it came to having to change James D'Grisse to James De Grisse , I'd rather do that than wipe the character.

With regards to TGR - seeing as though TGR was the clan (correct me if I'm wrong) , it looked more fucked up when you weren't in the clan anymore.

But if you're that attached and and this does happen as stated then cya.

Hell-demon
But having a name like "Crusher" adds atmosphere aswell. You cant have an aggressive character called Timmy O'reily now can you.
:wtf:

Benjie
Jeez, nevermind, I quit! This is just fucking stupid.

It's a name.

I really don't care enough to get flamed, told to fuck off, and whatever else over it. The devs can do what the hell they like.

Celt
1) [TgR] can start up his clan then the clan prefix can be [TgR] and his avatar will be Killer
2) Goes to celt, teal'c and some others aswell i think.
We might add support for an apostrophe (single quote) in a name.
Some valid points were given to have such a possibility.Looking at people browsing this thread.

DaFire becomes Dafire
ezza becomes Ezza
Hell-demon becomes Hell Demon(?)
jernau becoms Jernau
jiga becomes Jiga
LTA becomes Lta
MkVenner becomes Mkvenner
n3m becomes Nem
[TgR]KILLER becomes Killer

How does any one of those enhance players experience?

Iorghe
06-07-04, 19:42
So people cant be called Christian DeVries(:D) but can be called Hivemind?

I dont think there is someone called like that, Christian De Vries is possible irl, Christian de Vries aswell as Christian Devries, but I haven't met a person with lastname DeVries (altough it could be an ancient bastardisation of the name)

Looking at people browsing this thread.

DaFire becomes Dafire
ezza becomes Ezza
Hell-demon becomes Hell Demon(?)
jernau becoms Jernau
jiga becomes Jiga
LTA becomes Lta
MkVenner becomes Mkvenner
n3m becomes Nem
[TgR]KILLER becomes Killer

How does any one of those enhance players experience?

Other possibilities
Hell-Demon
L T A
Mk Venner

Oh did i mention that the ingame chatlist and locallist font will change?

Hell-demon
06-07-04, 19:43
Actually Celt my ingame name is Dominion. But I dont want a fucking first name!

Odin
06-07-04, 19:43
Ok split the old stuff prior to Iorghe's statement out so it's not so much of a read before getting to the important parts.

hivemind
06-07-04, 19:44
So people cant be called Christian DeVries(:D) but can be called Hivemind?

Mmmmmph, good point. I've been using "hivemind" so long in games that I forget it's not really kosher either...

Still better than H1v3m1n]) though.

And to be honest I'd be a lot happier with a cool name like Mordechai "Hivemind" Acapella or something.

Celt
I dont think there is someone called like that, Christian De Vries is possible irl, Christian de Vries aswell as Christian Devries, but I haven't met a person with lastname DeVries (altough it could be an ancient bastardisation of the name)French, my name is actually Firstname DeSecondname(no space or apostrophe)

De being irish/french for son of.

I agree with a lot of these changes(how long has 1 capital i and lowercase l being the same in-game been exploited) but imo they go too far.

Shadow Dancer
Uhhh what happened to the thread?

the point is, its next to impossible to put such names to ignore...

I actually agree with Lexxuk. (onos, :p)

I really don't care about ***##&#&$*#&$*#&(AQ^ type names. I mean yea they are extremely annoying, but what I want to see disallowed is blatantly vulgar names.

Iorghe, will their be a filter for profanity as well?

Iorghe
06-07-04, 19:45
Iorghe, will their be a filter for profanity as well?
as stated before in this thread : Yes

Actually Celt my ingame name is Dominion. But I dont want a fucking first name!

You are not obligated to have one.

Dominion is perfectly possible, please read the initial post carefully

Celt
06-07-04, 19:45
Mmmmmph, good point. I've been using "hivemind" so long in games that I forget it's not really kosher either...

Still better than H1v3m1n]) though.

And to be honest I'd be a lot happier with a cool name like Mordechai "Hivemind" Acapella or something.You'll always be Ingmar Bonesteel to me baby.

[TgR]KILLER
06-07-04, 19:46

that aint the same thing.. everybody has killer there are fuckloads.. there is just 1 [TgR]KILLER and thats me.. thats my name.. it aint killer.. its [TgR]KILLER.. its not just a clantag its my name..

changing it feels the same as i should tell you you can't be called Jorg Floren no more and should change it..

but nobody understands.. so i'll just stop.

Hell-demon
06-07-04, 19:47
I wanna keep my name. Dominion has a nice ring to it. Ricardo Dominion, Michael Dominion, Chris Dominion or Charlse Dominion takes away that personal touch. By adding a first name you lose a personal touch. A name is unique.

[TgR] KILLER is a good name. Its just a name could be worse. Hes not called Anima's sex toy or something.

hivemind
06-07-04, 19:48
Now you've got me thinking though. I think I'll delete my "hivemind" PE on Saturn and make something else with a better name. Right now on Saturn I'm:

Dick Blastowicz
Ed Pulaski
Jack Wyzinski
hivemind

Doesn't quite work out...

I already replaced "hivemind" on Pluto with "Ox Blowmold"

Benjie
06-07-04, 19:48
KILLER']but nobody understands.. so i'll just stop.
You may be arguing the exact opposite point, but I know the feeling.

Shadow Dancer
06-07-04, 19:49
as stated before in this thread : Yes

Sorry, the thread kind of confuses me now. I thought it was 12 pages or something?

I thought I finished reading the thread. o_O

athon
First off, tradition was not lost, it changed to suit the enviroment of the post-apocalyptic world. You still had intriguing names, as is made obvious in the history...

Then several hundred years later... Here we are. Society has been rebuilt with assitance from the Ceres disks, life is lived without worry of the past and its dangers. I don't think everyone and their mother is a hardened criminal, or a tribal fighter... Everyone is trying to live as their ancestors did, criminals are criminals, lawmen are lawmen, fighters are fighters.

Anyway, seeing as each player is hypothetically 'born' based on all those lovely stats about date of birth, genetic strain, etc... It wouldn't be too far fetched that you'd be named; although the values of future society would be different, I doubt they'd be so different as to allow for the names and the like we see ingame now.
I agree. The human race wasn't killed off, we didn't lose all ability to speak and write, we just lost a lot of knowledge due to the fact that most survivors were far from the major cities, and systems that we relied on for knowledge storage were destroyed, damaged or unreachable (in areas of contamination).

The survivors would still have had their names. They would have carried on family lines as before. There may also be new names which evolved, peoples renamed themselves (very easy in a world with no means of identification - no need to go to the registry office, get all new credit cards, driving license, etc).

Some people seem to be intent on putting down all attempts to suggest alterations, which is pointless IMO. The reason for this thread being sticky, as ar as I can see, is so that KK can gauge the communitys reaction to the suggested changes and listen to their suggestions.

As far as I can see, untill KK say otherwise, the system is always open to suggestions of change, exaclty like any other system in Neocron, where people frequently suggest changes as brainport threads.

Athon Solo

jernau
jernau becoms Jernau
How does any one of those enhance players experience?Fine with me. I honestly can't say if my in-game is capitalised or not.

I usually type it all lower case as habit from using it for so long in email and login systems that are all lower-case but I have no great attachment to either form.

Iorghe
So If I'd rename to Monque Dique I contribute in atmosphere..

because, well, theres no number in it so I should be fine :confused:

Lol when no-one reports you, you may run around with that name.

n3m
06-07-04, 19:50
lol

Oh did i mention that the ingame chatlist and locallist font will change?but.. then why?
why no numbers? :confused:

jernau
06-07-04, 19:51
:( I can't +rep you anymore.

Hell-demon
06-07-04, 19:51
I think the mods should implement a poll in this thread. I think it is much needed :rolleyes:

Celt
06-07-04, 19:52
Now you've got me thinking though. I think I'll delete my "hivemind" PE on Saturn and make something else with a better name. Right now on Saturn I'm:

Dick Blastowicz
Ed Pulaski
Jack Wyzinski
hivemind

Doesn't quite work out...Mordecai Sucmadicz

Sorontar
06-07-04, 19:52
You can be called Dominion , wasnt that in the post ?

And its a damn fine name for a runner tag / handle , as were Fireblade etc.

I had a an elf hacker in Shadowrun called Sir Kit ( circuit , see its clever ........ okay maybe not :D ) and that is as valid as any other tag.

To be honest most street runners would more than likely deal in handles for anonymity don't you think.

LTA
06-07-04, 19:53
err L T A ....

lol every acc i created is LTA, i r LTA not L T A not L-T a etc

DeVries exists

My chars use nicknames rather than Bob Wilner or something...

But you know people will still go around this for their prafanity, so how long before someone makes Wilyu Suckmi licmi fukmi they all serve the same issue.

Most my chars use a nickname rather than a proper name, for me to rp sense it, heh it's my street name and i have been called it by my anti city brothers since i left mc5 i no longer recall my real name. They told me that they can never retrieve my info from CA as i have no idenity and thus adopted my chosen nick.

Iorghe
lol

but.. then why?
why no numbers? :confused:

that's why:
1337 4555h013

athon
Hope it scales nicely on higher resolutions now.

Athon Solo

Hell-demon
YOu can still get vulgar names even with a filter.

Zip Mc' Ocup for example

tomparadox
06-07-04, 19:54

Ok, lets jest say the DoY servers are called uranus/pluto/saturn ect...
So, dose this meen i could move my spy from pluto, to uranus? O_o

And we are geting to move all of out chars right?

Marx

Zip Mc' Ocup for example
I don't care about noninvasive vulgarities as opposed to brutal in-your-face names... Like the aforementioned HORSECOCK McFUCK.

Celt
that's why:
1337 4555h013Ivana Mandic

phunqe
06-07-04, 19:55
Errr, where is my post regarding double capital letters such as McManus etc?

Anyway, was about to edit that to say that you might be able to implement a simple prefix filter to allow common prefixes, like Mc De etc :)

Moscow
06-07-04, 19:56

Zip Mc' Ocup for example

A fairly irelevant point; Odin already stated (Before nine or so pages of the thread were snipped off) that vulgar names can be reported through abuse@neocron.com, and that they would be dealt with appropiately.

Peace.

-Moscow

Iorghe
06-07-04, 19:56
But you know people will still go around this for their prafanity, so how long before someone makes Wilyu Suckmi licmi fukmi they all serve the same issue.

Okay, you are not the only one that came up with that.

But as far as profanity goes, this is a possibility <-- POSSIBILITY != ON0Z they fuxxor all up

There will be a publically known nono list of names, anyone going around the exisiting naming systems just to use such names will be banned for doing so.
During their ban they can think of a usefull name.

Why don't you guys open up a thread on that subject.

Following up all your posts is driving me crazy (as far as I'm not already)

Benjie
06-07-04, 19:57
Will I be allowed to keep my noob character "Luke Skywanker" on Uranus?

Hell-demon
06-07-04, 19:57
Yeah but Moscow some people are just lazy :cool:

Iorghe
06-07-04, 19:58
Errr, where is my post regarding double capital letters such as McManus etc?

Anyway, was about to edit that to say that you might be able to implement a simple prefix filter to allow common prefixes, like Mc De etc :)

Drufus Mc Manus

Will I be allowed to keep my noob character "Luke Skywanker" on Uranus?

Not known at this time, depends whether wanker will be a nono word or not

phunqe
06-07-04, 20:00
Drufus Mc Manus

I'm sorry, I've just been working out and I'm apparently suffering from dehydration.

I was just assuming a concatenation of the prefix and the name :p

Thanks for clearing me up :p

Hell-demon
Does this mean that [TgR]KILLER is going to leave :(

n3m
only 1 number
aww you know you want to

Will I be allowed to keep my noob character "Luke Skywanker" on Uranus?It doesnt add to the atmosphere :o

Benjie
06-07-04, 20:01
Drufus Mc Manus

Not known at this time, depends whether wanker will be a nono word or not
I think that any offensive name in referance to rival mmorpgs should be the exception.

It doesnt add to the atmosphere :o
I know. What me wants and what me has is different thingys. Plus I'm a massive hypocrite. I actually hate neon umbrellas.

Does this mean that [TgR]KILLER is going to leave :(
Probabally not. He'll feel all better in the morning, when the trailer is released.

Iorghe
06-07-04, 20:02
my avantbrowser just crashed - lol you guys are evil :p

Hell-demon
06-07-04, 20:02
Luke Skywanker can be a porn star. You got your role play right there :wtf:

hivemind
06-07-04, 20:03
I think that any offensive name in referance to rival mmorpgs should be the exception.

I know. What me wants and what me has is different thingys.
Yep. I was gonna say, my hypocrisy alarm was going off quite loudly.

Benjie
06-07-04, 20:05
Yep. I was gonna say, my hypocrisy alarm was going off quite loudly.
You have a hypocrisy alarm? Uh..

my avantbrowser just crashed - lol you guys are evil :p
;)

Hell-demon
06-07-04, 20:06
Names dont make atmosphere. People do.

You can have someone called Fred Justin and they could completly ruin the atmosphere by having sex with a drom. 8|

n3m
06-07-04, 20:08
Probabally not. He'll feel all better in the morning, when the trailer is released.Thanks, this made me almost forgot about the trailer :|

Celt
06-07-04, 20:09
my avantbrowser just crashed - lol you guys are evil :pYou use it too? :)

Benjie
06-07-04, 20:09
Thanks, this made me almost forgot about the trailer :|
Yeah, it's getting pretty heated/spammy/pointless.

and poor Iorghe! :lol:

BlackwooD
06-07-04, 20:10
Blackwood < BlackwooD ...... :(

hegemonic
06-07-04, 20:16
Name filters suck.
TERRIBLE CHANGE!!!!
Off-color names are banned, yet you feature a Drom as centerfold in the NeoChronicle? This is the WORST change I've seen in this game. KK is really pandering to the masses on this one.
Everytime a rule is implemented it limits your freedom.
I have to blame the NC Forums Community for suggesting this one.

None of my names are offensive names, but with these new rules, formatting is fuxxored.

My char names in question:
Notorious B.I.G.
Notorious M.I.G.

This would look uberstupid like Notorious B.i.g. !!!!! WTF is that!?
Please tell me I'm mistaken and my names would not change.

Iorghe
06-07-04, 20:17
Notorious Big
Notorious Mig

no points in names

Okay peoples i'm already one hour late, so I'll leave you for now, I really need to go to the gym. Be good, don't clutter this thread too much, and to all the new posters, please read the complete thread before posting, helps me a lot

Celt
06-07-04, 20:17
Name filters suck.
TERRIBLE CHANGE!!!!
I have no one to blame but the NC Forums Community for this one.

None of my names are offensive names, but with these new rules, formatting is fuxxored.

My char names in question:
Notorious B.I.G.
Notorious M.I.G.

This would look uberstupid like Notorious B.i.g. !!!!! WTF is that!?
Please tell me I'm mistaken and my names would not change.It would be Notorious B Ig or Notorious Big

Marx
06-07-04, 20:18
Name filters suck.
Show me where it says that you're supposed to get unbridled freedom in a game? Especially a mmo.

;=

Celt
06-07-04, 20:21
Show me where it says that you're supposed to get unbridled freedom in a game? Especially a mmo.

;=here (http://celt.n3w.net/marx.html)

-FN-
06-07-04, 20:22
Awesome info :) Glad to hear about this feature :)

Was any thought given to this (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=97500) naming idea? Just to keep some sort of cool, RP continuity with all the characters?

And concerning the RPOS and Character names, are there any plans for this (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=101316) suggestion?

Keep up the great dev work :)

And :lol: @ Celt

-- Edit --

I often forget that my name has Fuck in it because I've been FuckNut for so many years, so I see it as one word and don't even see the vulgarity anymore... and I'm sure that's bad. But I guess this means I can't be FuckNut anymore... that really... sucks :(

Celt
06-07-04, 20:22
Awesome info :) Glad to hear about this feature :)

Was any thought given to this (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=97500) naming idea? Just to keep some sort of cool, RP continuity with all the characters?

And concerning the RPOS and Character names, are there any plans for this (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=101316) suggestion?

Keep up the great dev work :)Quiet Fn :p

Marx
06-07-04, 20:25
here (http://celt.n3w.net/marx.html)Lovely :)

Complete freedom is anarchy, a state of anarchy can only be enjoyed by the strong; that eliminates any and all chances of fairness... Which in the end destroys the idea of it being a game; seeing as a game is supposed to be enjoyed not labored after like a chore.

hegemonic

;=
Lol, it's an mmoRPG.
The very nature of an RPG is freedom to make your own choices, INCLUDING choosing your character name. Now not only can you not choose whatever name you want, you have to spell/format it according to specific rules.

I named my character after Notorious B.I.G. not friggin' Notorious Big or B Ig or any variation because it does NOT mean the same thing.

GAH..........

I hate this thread! One Star..... Terrible idea...
KOS :mad:

Benjie
here (http://celt.n3w.net/marx.html)
Lol!!!

That was actually seriously funny!

Celt
06-07-04, 20:26
Lovely :)

Complete freedom is anarchy, a state of anarchy can only be enjoyed by the strong; that eliminates any and all chances of fairness... Which in the end destroys the idea of it being a game; seeing as a game is supposed to be enjoyed not labored after like a chore.Refresh the page :)

Marx
06-07-04, 20:26
I named my character after Notorious B.I.G. not friggin' Notorious Big or B Ig or any variation because it does NOT mean the same thing.
Notorious B.I.G.'s name was not 'Notorious B.I.G.'

Refresh the page :)Better!

:lol:

Marx
06-07-04, 20:27
edit/reply.

hegemonic
06-07-04, 20:27
OT --Closed!

Celt
06-07-04, 20:28
OT --Closed!
Keep it in game.

N.

LTA
06-07-04, 20:29
here (http://celt.n3w.net/marx.html)
lol

I dont mind profound names being removed, i just don't see why can't allow say a max of 2 symbols in a name or a couple of extra caps or even some full caps like the players who name themselves after drones.
When i am on my tank and i see PARTICLE NEMESIS i pratically run for the nearest hut/gr anything only to see some weeny ass spy running past on the hill or something http://neocron.jafc.de/images/icons/icon8.gif

Benjie
06-07-04, 20:29
Lol, it's an mmoRPG.
The very nature of an RPG is freedom to make your own choices, INCLUDING choosing your character name. Now not only can you not choose whatever name you want, you have to spell/format it according to specific rules.

Yeah, but it's an MMOrpg. Any rpg where the NPC's were called "1337 fux0rer" would totally suck. It's your basic consideration really.

Exactly. Notorious B.I.G. was a 'nickname'.

*nudge* *nudge*

LTA
06-07-04, 20:32

Better!

:lol:
Yeah but half the people would have no idea who Christopher Wallace is

Hey look he uses his nickname because it's what he's known as, his real name is still there to be found but meh i think ingame full details should be hackable content somewhere.
Bar the player telling you his real name or allowing you to see his real name above his nick :p

hegemonic
06-07-04, 20:33
Yeah, but it's an mmorpg. Any rpg where the NPC's were called "1337 fux0rer" would totally suck. It's your basic consideration really.
LMAO

Who said NPC's were getting offensive names? This thread applies to PC's. BUT, if there was a game with an NPC named "1337 fux0rer" then I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

In Repsonse to the OT comment on Biggie's name, Christopher Wallace called himself Notorious B.I.G., it's called a stage name, you don't think Tom Cruise's real name is Tom Cruise, do you?

Benjie
06-07-04, 20:34
Yeah but half the people would have no idea who Christopher Wallace is

Hey look he uses his nickname because it's what he's known as, his real name is still there to be found but meh i think ingame full details should be hackable content somewhere.
Bar the player telling you his real name or allowing you to see his real name above his nick :p
If Noturious B.I.G. was a Neocron character, his real name should be "Christopher Wallace", and "Noturious B.I.G" should be a nickname. It makes total sence to me, and gives both arguments exactly what they want. Especially if KK gave people the oppertunity to switch the display of which name you wanted to show above your character. I don't see why they don't want to do this.

:(

n3m
06-07-04, 20:38
you don't think Tom Cruise's real name is Tom Cruise, do you?It isn't ? O_o

Celt
I don't see why they don't want to do this.

:(Doy is two months away.

Even I(the KK critic) dont want them to do this until well after doy.

Benjie
Doy is two months away.

Even I(the KK critic) dont want them to do this until well after doy.
Agreed. They should most deffinetly focus on more important agenda first.

Cr33p3r
06-07-04, 20:39
kinda worryed right now coz i have to alts whit long names
my first is called powerzsurge the insane one
and the second is called power 'zeta' surge if them migrate to doy what there names be turned in to ?

Marx
It isn't ? O_o
Thomas Cruise Mapother IV

Celt
It isn't ? O_oIt's Wallis Moran.

40$Poser
06-07-04, 20:41
If Noturious B.I.G. was a Neocron character, his real name should be "Christopher Wallace", and "Noturious B.I.G" should be a nickname. It makes total sence to me, and gives both arguments exactly what they want. Especially if KK gave people the oppertunity to switch the display of which name you wanted to show above your character. I don't see why they don't want to do this.

actually...

I think KK might think that's a bit useless to the overall gameplay. I agree get rid of the stupid )(S1RAS P33 K4YZ)( type names. But, if people wanted real names. They'd give their characters them. As long as it's simple and not offense, I say leave it be.

FlashFF
06-07-04, 20:41
Only one complain, and thats the capitals bit. FlashFF - FlashMCD I NEED my tags lol and Flashff just sux :(

Other than that I think its fine just that one seems to just make it a bit too strict IMO. So many people keep tags on their name which can only be showed with the original formatting. Removing special chars from it makes sense but capitals? :(

hegemonic
06-07-04, 20:44

My character's name is "Notorious B.I.G." NOT "Noturious B.I.G.". If you are going to get nit-picky, then at least spell my damn name correctly. And Notorious B.I.G. IS a Neocron character (since January 2003 IRL time). Don't tell me what my name should be. I CHOOSE my name and what I call myself, not you.

Keep your mouth off my name.

What if we told you that you couldn't use the name "Benjie" because it was too close to the name "Benji" from dog-actor fame... so instead, we had to name you "Higgins The Mutt" (Benji the dog's RL name)?

Now that wouldn't be fair, would it?

Benjie
actually...

I think KK might think that's a bit useless to the overall gameplay.
Do you mean the hardcore counterstrike-core PVP overall gameplay, or the post apocaliptic role playing game overall gameplay?

My character's name is "Notorious B.I.G." NOT "Noturious B.I.G.". If you are going to get nit-picky, then at least spell my damn name correctly. And Notorious B.I.G. IS a Neocron character (since January 2003 IRL time). Don't tell me what my name should be. I CHOOSE my name and what I call myself, not you.

Keep your mouth off my name.
I wasn't refering to you actually. Besides, these are Internet forums. You can not go around expecting for type-o's never to be made.

Benjie is my real life name. I never go by it though, I use Benjamin irl.

LTA
Especially if KK gave people the oppertunity to switch the display of which name you wanted to show above your character. I don't see why they don't want to do this.

Sounds better heh

i reckon it should be YOUR choice what you want to see tho, ie i could set mine to display everyones nicks rather than names but you could set it at names rather than nicks, it wouldn't bother me then and it wouldn't bother you.

Celt
06-07-04, 20:45
Sounds better heh

i reckon it should be YOUR choice what you want to see tho, ie i could set mine to display everyones nicks rather than names but you could set it at names rather than nicks, it wouldn't bother me then and it wouldn't bother you.Your dick and my mouth.

greendonkeyuk
06-07-04, 20:45
i do feel sorry for all you guys with names that need to be changed. im also glad i dont need to change any of mine. Id like to see names with server names in the title banned too. The uranus jokes got old a long time ago, a fresh set of l337 k1dd13s drafted in with Doy will probably bring more of those back too however. I can think of 100s now even with the new name filter rules but i wont bore you with them.

In protest to this idea however i would like for people to be allowed one number within their names as i do know a few people who have numbers in their char names and they would probably be upset without them.

Also i dont see how these names can be misconstrued as against roleplay, not everyone in the post apoc-wotsit is gonna be literate. Some will name themselves from things that they have seen written down or symbols they have copied from elsewhere. This is not a whine as i have nothing to whine about but i feel a bit sorry for some of the guys who do.

finally then

Save the APOSTROPHE!!!!!

Selendor
06-07-04, 20:46
Interesting development. I'm definitely up for name filtering to remove some of the totally unpronouncable names you see in local. A few points:

1) I like the idea of a one shot opportunity to rename all our characters on transfer, it wipes the slate clean so to speak should some people want that.

2) Regarding people stealing famous names, I think you should take a copy of the current names in use on all 4 servers and have these reserved until they are 'released' by people signing up. Only during the web-style server transfer should a player's name be released for use. This should prevent grief in most cases (although of course with the new filters many famous names will have to change to legitimate versions).

3) Clan Names. I think some kind of filter is okay for these but it should be much less strict, as for instance people might have a clan called 68th Precinct, or 101st City Mercs etc etc and these seem valid to me. In the end, I don't think it would take long for a GM/Mod to read down a printout of all clan names and highlight the bad ones.

Its nice to see this kind of interaction on the forums again, thanks for involving us. Guys try and keep this on topic if you can so KK can read the important issues.

Sel

40$Poser
06-07-04, 20:49
Do you mean the hardcore counterstrike-core PVP overall gameplay, or the post apocaliptic role playing game overall gameplay?

I wasn't refering to you actually. Besides, these are Internet forums. You can not go around expecting for type-o's never to be made.

as in, they have better things to implement besides your attempt to force roleplaying upon everyone here. And honestly, do you think that if everyone walked around in neocron with normal names, people would actually roleplay? No sir. As much as anyone roleplays in this game, people go 'wtf' 'stfu noob' and so forth. If people don't want to roleplay, they won't. Simple enough, yes?

hegemonic
06-07-04, 20:50
KK, this is really too much work to create a name filter with all these rules, you should abandon it now while you have the chance.

Please spend more time on fixing the game's problems and not with trivial and micromanagement matters such as name filters.

What people call themselves ingame is the LEAST of Neocron's problems which need to be addressed, let alone made a STICKY about.

-Demon-
06-07-04, 20:53
I don't like the idea of trying to race to get my name before someone else does, that just plain sucks!
I can see it now :
'Oh yeah heres all your money and rares I was holding for you Demon'
*Hands stuff*
'muhahah you noob im not the real demon'

And so on....

Also why can't we use . I have two characters called Demon and Demon. It's alot easier for everyone and doesn't harm anyone by using a single punctation mark.

Also limiting every character to only letters then it narrows down choices people can make.

jernau
06-07-04, 20:55
Making chars with a dot on the end is a pretty effective scamming and harrasment trick. I'm particularly glad to see that gone tbh.

VVerevvolf
06-07-04, 20:55
KK, this is really too much work to create a name filter with all these rules, you should abandon it now while you have the chance.

Please spend more time on fixing the game's problems and not with trivial and micromanagement matters such as name filters.

What people call themselves ingame is the LEAST of Neocron's problems which need to be addressed, let alone made a STICKY about.

[...]
So here it is the final and by now implemented and functional name filter.
[...]
You should read the whole thread before posting :p

..i..DemonX
06-07-04, 20:57
Uh did i got right?
Will all those that play with a Clantag infront of name loose it? So like [FAnG] or [TgR] ?

-Demon-
06-07-04, 20:57
Making chars with a dot on the end is a pretty effective scamming and harrasment trick. I'm particularly glad to see that gone tbh.

You gotta be a dumbass to fall for that. Jeez it's not that hard to notice.

DonnyJepp
06-07-04, 20:58
I have 2 characters whose names are probably going to have to be changed:

Run Forrest Run!
Dude, Where's my Antidote?

as well as
Fast Cars and Easy Women

These will all run afoul of the name filter eh?

Marx
06-07-04, 20:58
You gotta be a dumbass to fall for that. Jeez it's not that hard to notice.On some names it is.

:rolleyes:

Just remember that the ingame text is not so visually friendly as this text.

1, l, I look exactly the same, spacing between the end of text and punctuation varies dependant on the letter.

hegemonic
06-07-04, 21:03
You should read the whole thread before posting :p
Thank you for chiming in with the "holier than thou" attitude. :p back atcha!

I did read the entire thread. My last post was in repsonse to all the variations of issues and problems that arise from the changes.

jernau
06-07-04, 21:03
You gotta be a dumbass to fall for that. Jeez it's not that hard to notice.
Wrt scamming - That's easily said but a lot of people were tricked that way at one time. I wasn't and I haven't heard of it lately but it remains a possibility.

Wrt harrasment - Thanks to the current font it's not that hard to fool people in amongst all the spam in the trade channel and make offensive or inflammatory comments seemingly as another person to get them in trouble. This certainly does still happen.

msdong
06-07-04, 21:05
Dont forget to add Researcher, Resser, Constructor, Conster, Poker to you bad name list :D

edit: ok maybe not Poker. Peter Poker is a cool char name ....

hell no more msdong and 6D73646F6E67 :(

Agent L
06-07-04, 21:08
I don't like idea of name filter. Once of cool NC features is its anarchistic freedom of name.

Celt
06-07-04, 21:08
Dont forget to add Researcher, Resser, Constructor, Conster, Poker to you bad name list :D

edit: ok maybe not Poker. Peter Poker is a cool char name ....I knew the original "Implanter" "Constructer" "Researcher" on uranus, a nice norwegian bloke.

Dont forget sl33py's Bart E. Romeo

msdong
06-07-04, 21:19
hmm Illllll Illlllllllllllllll is still possible ..

tomparadox
06-07-04, 21:22
can i ask, why we cant have caps? do you know how stupid that is? ffs how the hell is a name like TomParadox offensiv? dont give me real life bull because its not real life.

[TgR]KILLER
06-07-04, 21:25
Uh did i got right?
Will all those that play with a Clantag infront of name loose it? So like [FAnG] or [TgR] ?

yes :'( :'( :'(

Moscow
06-07-04, 21:30
Uh did i got right?

Yup, now they have to have their clan tag below their name, rather than before it. Oh the inhumanity!

Peace.

-Moscow

Jest
06-07-04, 21:48
Lol. Killer I know you are disappointed your name will change but I think you will be ok. I can definitely sympathize and realize its not as trivial as some people are making it out to be. If you really want to keep your clan tags then you can just pick something besides the brackets like whats been mentioned. If I saw some guy name Tgr-Killer who I knew as [TgR]Killer in another game, I'd probably still recognize it was you. :p Though this might recreate the problem of people calling you Tgr instead of Killer. (Like I did when I first met you even with the brackets on).

Lexxuk
06-07-04, 21:49
KILLER']yes :'( :'( :'(

You could change your name to Lexxuk Pwndme :p

Koshinn
06-07-04, 21:54
Can we all just have a free name change in BDoY? Along with a skin change (MJS promised that), everyone could "start anew", except they'd be high level and have stuff. ^.^ I mean, it's not fair to only give some people a name change because they wanted a unique name, but not give people with currently legit names a name change.

Oh, and what about the name Eric Shin. Eric is a real name (obviously) and so is Shin. Shin is korean, btw, and happens to be my real last name. And the previous Chief of Staff of the United States Army was named Eric Shinseki. So the question is, what if real names end up looking profane?

Edit: A free name change as optional, so you have the choice to keep your name so no one steals it.

BlackwooD
06-07-04, 22:10
As my earlier post suggested, I am also against the idea of the "caps". It serves no bareing in this case. Peeps have been useing various caps in gaming names for years, and yes for years to come. I am one of them. I know that there are many more. And some are getting flamed for there reactions on this thread. I believe there actions are justified. Not saying that a will follow there leads or ideals, but i support them in there passions against this worthless "cap" feature. Not waving my "im such a fan boi flag" on this, in fact if I ever had one Id use the shaft to beat those responsible and all those in praise of this change.

All in all a good idea, with reasons well worth the efforts. Subtract the cap feature and you have a winner in my eyes

{MD}GeistDamnit
06-07-04, 22:15
Wonderful. Brilliant. Stupendous.

I'd also like to mention that I don't have to adjust a single name on any of my characters on five servers.

Nyah nyah. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

haha me neither, cept for the ! in "freedomfries!" on venus :p

hivemind
06-07-04, 22:17
YOU BASTARD!! It was YOU that took that name!

I had to settle for Donald Rumsfeld... :(

enigma_b17
06-07-04, 22:24
my characters name is "NoNo" does that mean ill ave to change it to Nono? cause that doesnt ave the same feel to it, i mean theres nothing offensive in it or anythin :/

jernau
06-07-04, 22:24
[self edited - not the place]

Glok
06-07-04, 22:33
Just wondering... my Pluto monk is called Sinister Intent. Now in reality, that's not even a name, but it complies with all the new rules. Will I be forced to change it, or only if someone complains?

eric-the-ded
06-07-04, 22:38
will my name still work?
it's always eric-the-ded with dashes instead of spaces. i'm asking because this makes it sound like i'm only allowed one dash.

[TgR]KILLER
06-07-04, 22:46
i used to swear at people that were in [TgR] when we played UT long ago.. when they used {TgR} instead of [ ] or put the caps on wrong.. me and husk both kept the tags when we moved to nc.. to be different from all others.. not to be just another.. pretty much like fang i gues..

only reason i never rerolled killer is because its me.. i am the rifle pe.. i am [TgR]KILLER not tgr killer or what else it doesn't do shit to me hasn't got the same thing.. i spended the last year on my PE. its me.. my name.. my rep.. why i buidled up a rep when i gonna lose the name i don't know..

lemme attach a picture my rl mate took @ the lanparty i was last weekend.. we were there with a few of the clan.. not that we'r realy playing shit was more like a reunion or how you write that.. *attaches picture* ( warning picture is 1mb so kinda large.. and laugh all you want :x )

like all people here got loads of nicks.. or play on 4 char servers were they have other nicks anyway.. but a char with another name then me aint me.. i can't get over it..

jiga
06-07-04, 23:18
Good work KK. It really does improve the role playing since you don't get people coming up to you saying: "Hi, my name is colon backslash left bracket dolar sign astrix question mark"

S4M
06-07-04, 23:22
Put1 c d'la merde vos changements !! This way sux ! Go away from My Nick !
BASTARD ! => []

cRazy2003
06-07-04, 23:32
will _cRazy_ be allowed, i dont wanto have to change it i <3 it :(

ezza
06-07-04, 23:33
will _cRazy_ be allowed, i dont wanto have to change it i <3 it :(
nope, you cant start with _ and end with _ or have the capitals not at the start

ezza
06-07-04, 23:35
Just wondering... my Pluto monk is called Sinister Intent. Now in reality, that's not even a name, but it complies with all the new rules. Will I be forced to change it, or only if someone complains?that name is fine, it doesnt have to be a real name, just has t oconfurm with the rules

oops double post

Clownst0pper
06-07-04, 23:36
nope, you cant start with _ and end with _ or have the capitals not at the start

And I totally agree- Its a characters name, think of it in terms of real life, not as a written format-

You dont say "Hey underscore and end with" in real life do you? You wouldnt even have that name, as its not a name.

So lets be mature about this, and use your head to make a suitable name, not one that takes the piss :rolleyes:

cRazy2003
06-07-04, 23:38

WHAT THE F0oK

that is the most retarded thing ive ever heard, i would of greatly appreciated a name filter for names like '...' but whats wrong with a name which is clearly readable just because it doesnt have alphabetical characters in it?, thats fucked up, completely.

hivemind
06-07-04, 23:39
Sorry, all names will need to be spelled with actual letters now.

Glok
06-07-04, 23:41
Who was it that had a char 'Stabby McFace'? I think it was Mumbly. That name is legal! Stabby Mcface. :D

cRazy2003
06-07-04, 23:41
why cant anyone explain why
for example having no numbers, having numbers in your name like '23' and stuff doesnt harm anyone, KK are just doing it to be awkward. well im quitting this game if something aint changed, im getting sick of it anyways.

hivemind
06-07-04, 23:43
(Edited because I'm a big meanie)

Glok
06-07-04, 23:43
why cant anyone explain why
for example having no numbers, having numbers in your name like '23' and stuff doesnt harm anyone, KK are just doing it to be awkward. well im quitting this game if something aint changed, im getting sick of it anyways.Dude. Why are people so up in freakin arms about names? Just call yourself Leonard Shatner and be done with it. :D

Jest
06-07-04, 23:44
Btw I gotta say the no numbers thing is absolutely crap, I didnt notice it at first. There are PLENTY of good names that use numbers. (As long as its not a number replacing a character). I say keep the numbers.

Examples:
3Jane -Yah thats right, dont make me bust out my Gibson references.
Gen-30458 -I believe Marx had a Gentank with this name that I thought was really cool.

cRazy2003
06-07-04, 23:45
Dude. Why are people so up in freakin arms about names? :D

because i am, its my char name, if it was '.c...r..a/.z.0.0.y' i might be bothered, but it doesnt harm anyone, no ones ever had trouble spelling it or typing it in, can anyone give me a valid reason why?.

Glok
06-07-04, 23:47
because i am, its my char name, if it was '.c...r..a/.z.0.0.y' i might be bothered, but it doesnt harm anyone, no ones ever had trouble spelling it or typing it in, can anyone give me a valid reason why?.Because IRL names are spelled with letters. Nothing else. It just adds a sense of realism to the game.

On Saturn yesterday a constructor built a weapon for me for free, but what really struck me was that his 'name' was all symbols. That's just not a name, I'm sorry.

Doc Holliday
06-07-04, 23:48
well i know more than a few people who are gonna be affected by this but its good in part. im sure they will be testing this along with every other feature come doy. GUYS! dont give up hope just yet. its a wait and see thing.

S4M
06-07-04, 23:49
WHAT THE F0oK
whats wrong with a name which is clearly readable just because it doesnt have alphabetical characters in it?, thats fucked up, completely.

Exactly !!! WTF !??

cRazy2003
06-07-04, 23:51
Because IRL names are spelled with letters. Nothing else. It just adds a sense of realism to the game.

On Saturn yesterday a constructor built a weapon for me for free, but what really struck me was that his 'name' was all symbols. That's just not a name, I'm sorry.

O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o

is my char name all symbols?, it has 2 underscores in it, and that wasnt a valid reason, and this IS A GAME, not god damn real life, people can choose to RP or not, and 'adding a sense of realism' is not a reason. this is probably the worst idea ive ever heard, the name filter is great, its principles are not.

hivemind
06-07-04, 23:51
Names are spelled with letters. I'm not sure why there's even discussion. This isn't UT, or CS, or Quake, or Battlenet (which actually has stricter controls than we have now), it's a ROLEPLAYING game. It's not supposed to be a 1337-kiddie stokefest.

cRazy2003
06-07-04, 23:56
thats not the point, the point is does it effect you? would 2 underscores on someones name effect you? i agree with the name filter, but what its filtering is just taking the piss.

SilentEye
07-07-04, 00:05
Crazy, hush man you aint being heard.

hivemind
07-07-04, 00:05
Yes it affects me. It's irritating to see on local, more irritating to see on Trade, and I have to use extra keystrokes to add them to ignore.

All you people pissed off by this can thank people like "IfNoFitPutSpit" and "i get heavy belts for nibs" and "||||||1111111lllllll||||" and "<)*<?/..^>" for fucking it up for everyone.

sanityislost
07-07-04, 00:13
FFS i knew this shit was going to go too far and it bloody well has
Fair enough getting rid of nicks like SUCKMYDICK, but getting rid of symbols is
just fucked up, cant you just limit the amount of them used? Why cant we
just have a compromise 4 symbols max and 4 caps letters max. Really what is
the problem with that.

SiL ..:..

DonnyJepp
07-07-04, 00:15
I also have a tank named PANDEMONIUM Is that going to be ok?

sanityislost
07-07-04, 00:18

No it wont be, ur fucked also

SiL ..:..

Marx
07-07-04, 00:21
The name will just turn into 'Pandemonium'. Don't see what's so hard to understand.

Rade
07-07-04, 00:36
Great in every way. No more leet.

G.0.D.
07-07-04, 01:06
Only Alphabetical

G.0.D.

It's the future... We have evolved enough to use zeros AND 3 periods in our names.

*Dazz*
07-07-04, 01:08
Ok I was skimmin through this before work so i don't have time at the moment to read it all, I have *Dazz* Dazz and -Dazz- all on one server, does this mean i gotta change *Dazz*? It's my main char :confused:

Epsilon 5
07-07-04, 01:12
I very much think this is excessive! I was for a name filter, but only to filter the idiotic and, well, excessively stupid names/nicks that aren't names,

Like i said before, I have characters named Epsilon 5, Epsilon 4, Epsilon 6 and Epsilon 3

What i hoped to see (this is my opinion) is a filter for l33t n/-\m35, and names such as "I got a big wiener" or names composed entirely of special characters or numbers, i didn't wanted a name filter that almost forces you to make a name you could use IRL. The proposed filter is going too far!

Proposed changes -

No spacing limitations (no double spacing of course)
Each word can have up to 2 capitals OR be composed entirely of capitals
Each name can have up to 2 numbers
No forced first letter capital
No dashes, underscores or periods in front or end of names
No dash, underscore or period count limitations, but no space on either side and only 1 at a time

Please tell me what you think!

DonnyJepp
07-07-04, 01:14
The name will just turn into 'Pandemonium'. Don't see what's so hard to understand.

That's not quite as scary when it pops up on local :p All caps makes a greater impact on the noobs. :D