PDA

View Full Version : i dub click NC shortcut...dont work

Harch
04-07-04, 17:00
i double click my neocron shortcut and its not doing ANYTHING! . i went into my computer/games/neocron and got another shortie there..didnt work . put nc cd in . didnt do annytthhiinngg ....anyone know why . (ive tried putting firewall down aswell )

thx

greendonkeyuk
04-07-04, 17:36
support@neocron.com

J. Folsom
04-07-04, 17:38
Are you linking the shortcut to client.exe or NeocronLauncher.exe? It should be linked to NeocronLauncher.exe

Failing that, someone could always send you their own NeocronLauncer.exe to see if that fixes it, otherwise there's always the traditional solution of reinstalling.

Harch
04-07-04, 17:49
its neocorn .exe .

LiL T
04-07-04, 17:53
shortcut should be like this

Target "C:\Program Files\Neocron\NeocronLauncher.exe"

start in "C:\Program Files\Neocron"

If you use NLP

Target will be "C:\Program Files\Neocron\NeoLauncherPRO.exe"

Harch
04-07-04, 18:26
but wots weird is...i havent changed any of those things like where the files go . but it was working this morning . :\

LiL T
04-07-04, 18:37
Humm wierd shit happens with computers sometimes but its working now right?

Harch
04-07-04, 18:39
errrmm......by working do u mean still playing around on winesweeper?

lol no its not . silly game :p

capt-o
04-07-04, 18:44
why not just create a new NC shortcut?

Harch
04-07-04, 18:47
i'll . try.... *replying in 1 min*

Harch
04-07-04, 18:48
nope . no work .fook

LiL T
04-07-04, 18:49
reinstall it

Harch
04-07-04, 18:52
nnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo

*sobs*

ill log in at 12 o clock to night . if it dont work . then yes...ill...ill..ill...ill...ill....re.re.re..rein...rein..rrrr.....reinstall it .

i dont wanan rein stall it cause last time i tried it blacked out my comp for 6 days

*flashbacks come in and falls on floor paraplyzed*

LiL T
04-07-04, 19:06
reinstall takes minutes if you have a backup of the installer and patch folder uninstall the game delete neocron folder and a way you go

eric-the-ded
04-07-04, 21:03
check your processes in task manager and see if you have an instance of client.exe already running. if so, kill it.
sometimes wierd shit happens and a program will crash or something, but an instance of the program will still be running. thus preventing you from opening another.

LiL T
04-07-04, 21:08
check your processes in task manager and see if you have an instance of client.exe already running. if so, kill it.
sometimes wierd shit happens and a program will crash or something, but an instance of the program will still be running. thus preventing you from opening another.

He would still get a warning box of 1 client allready running and still have the option to run another one with the possiblity of them both running very laggy he must have done something. I could not just let it go I would reformat the whole drive if need be to get it to work again but thats just me