PDA

View Full Version : Zerg rush!!11! kekekekekeke!

Moscow
04-07-04, 05:13
Simple poll, really. Which race, and why? :p

Myself? I'll have to go with the good ol' Terrans; they're flexible, clunky and a bunch of society's drop-outs....but they still kick arse when it counts and have the best hero units out of the lot. :D

I would probably vote Zerg if I could speed up my development time with them, or the Protoss if I was able to resist the urge to turtle up...but...meh.

Peace.

-Moscow

Richard Slade
04-07-04, 05:14
1) No poll
2) Wrong game
3) Zerg.

Gotterdammerung
04-07-04, 05:21
can you explain what this is about ?

Shadow Dancer
04-07-04, 05:23

OMG NOOBLLOLO LOLOLOLO WTF!!!!11111111111111111111111111

Starcraft

naimex
04-07-04, 05:24
StarCraft........ ^^

vs Computers : Protoss, and just build defense cannons throughout the map (my record so far is 9543 protoss cannons)

vs Players : Zerg..... because theyre evil...

{MD}GeistDamnit
04-07-04, 05:25

word. what's this shit? I hope he closes it haha :D

Gotterdammerung
04-07-04, 05:27
a top down 2d ?

guys.................it's 2004

Shadow Dancer
04-07-04, 05:28
lol

What's the best most overpowered class? hehe

naimex
04-07-04, 05:30
lol

that would be GMs and godmode

Shadow Dancer
04-07-04, 05:30
that would be GMs and godmode

In starcraft? :confused:

naimex
04-07-04, 05:34
In starcraft? :confused:

Oh...

Zergs if in starcraft..

saw a guy play a finals starcraft match at a LAN party about 2 years ago (i think it was 2 years ago)..

In less than 20 minutes he already had a max capacity army (the big men), and had located his opponent, and was destroying his entire base....

It went so fast... I had no idea you could even get resources fast enough to build all the things he had.

Koshinn
04-07-04, 07:22
20 min is a long game. if zerg doesn't have 200 food by then, he either sucks or has been constantly fighting... but probably sucks.

I like zerg cause they're cute. What's not to like about them?

a top down 2d ?

Lol noob!!!111!!! it's not 2004! HAHAHHAHAA!!!!111oneone .. oh wait, nm.

Birkoff
04-07-04, 07:34
a top down 2d ?

So why hasn't n e 1 made a better RTS then? :)

protoss all the way.

You called him a noob but u aint voted SD :P

Epsilon 5
04-07-04, 07:42
My favorite all time RTSes i played ( i didn't play them all) are C&C generals, Homeworld 2 and Dark Reign (the first)

Starcraft sucked because you couldn't select more than 12 units at once. In Dark Reign, ctrl-alt-e selected your entire army :D :D :D (also ctrl-click all unit this type on screen, alt-click all unit this type on map, e all units on screen, shift to add to delete, ctrl+# to create keygroups)

Nothing beats a 200 Tachyon tank rush :eek:

oh and dark reign was extremely easy to mod. So is homeworld 2 - gotta love text-based unit definitions.

Dajuda
04-07-04, 07:58
The first Dark Reign pwns you. I'll rift your face off !

ichinin
04-07-04, 08:07
1. Zealots can be devastating, same can 12 maxed Zergling be.
2. Terrans can toast any land attack. Tanks are too bad.
3. Protos > all in air, 2 x 12 carriers with eyes and arbiters on tug = win.
4. Starcraft is something of a national sport in Korea i hear.
5. Starcraft is STILL being patched!!!
6. Warcraft 3 is maginally more fun that Starcraft.

Clive tombstone
04-07-04, 08:11
HMm, I DID play humans a bit probably my favorite (Jim Raynor is most badass PE biker/rifleman ever^^)

sides that, I gotta love my battle cruiser squads ^^ Edit)=add science ships (emp shells) and (anti stealth)

oh yah, and ground control 1 is nice too. and uhhhhhhhhh Savage is pretty cool (its a weird sorta first person/ RTS multiplayer only game [Pretty fun actually])

PS Dark reign is great!

Celt
04-07-04, 08:42
So why hasn't n e 1 made a better RTS then? :)

protoss all the way.

You called him a noob but u aint voted SD :PTotal Annihilation came out two months before starcraft.

Omnituens
04-07-04, 09:02
TA Rules. Nuff said

Terren are my side. ED209's.. er.. i mean Goliaths all the way!

Sorin
04-07-04, 09:09
Deadlock 2. Cult classic. Okay, cult being me and one other RL friend, but hey. It's strangely addicting (for us it's similar to NC) and I don't know why. Plus the company went out of business or something a bunch of years ago so it's not like we'll see a Deadlock 3. If I had any skillZ, I'd make it myself.

Okay that was off topic. Starcraft. Yeah, cool. I think it's been FAR too long since I played it because I don't remember any of those races or whatever. Which game had Nod and GDA or GBA or NDA or something?

seraphian
04-07-04, 09:13
lol

spoken like a true Neocron Player :lol: lol

I prefer Terrans, they're just cooler, plus I'm a big fan of versitility.

TheGreatMilenko
04-07-04, 09:22
protoss > all

Sigma
04-07-04, 11:09
Terrans = Nukes

Nukes = Win!

:D

Omnituens
04-07-04, 11:29
Which game had Nod and GDA or GBA or NDA or something?
NOD and GDI

Command & Conquer

steweygrrr
04-07-04, 12:18
protoss > all

*agree*

And if your including brood war in this little poll to, then protoss DEFO > all....dark templars all the way!

J. Folsom
04-07-04, 15:05
Starcraft sucked because you couldn't select more than 12 units at once. In Dark Reign, ctrl-alt-e selected your entire army :D :D :D (also ctrl-click all unit this type on screen, alt-click all unit this type on map, e all units on screen, shift to add to delete, ctrl+# to create keygroups)

Nothing beats a 200 Tachyon tank rush :eek:That's the exact same reason I prefer the limit on how many units you can select, it adds some more tactical elements the game since you can't just build a huge army of the strongest units and then win without problems.

Though on the other hand a 200 minigunner rush always worked surprisingly well against NOD computer opponents in C&C.

FirestarXL
04-07-04, 15:10
Total Annihilation > all

Richard Slade
04-07-04, 15:25
As far as I'm concerned TA is just a sink / sub game.
It's two things needed: A strong defence at all times (not hard with big bertha and some small stuff all around)
until you got metal enough, since you won't runt dry.
Then, nukes. Game over.

-REMUS-
04-07-04, 16:07
Starcraft was a game I really enjoyed, never really got to far into the multi-player scene since I wasnt very good, better than most at my LAN but not on against people on the net.

My favourite storyline and race has to be the Protoss, Noble and powerful amazing defencive and offensive properties, required heavy micro management during engaugements due to lack of numbers especially in combat with zerg.

An enjoyable and envolving experiance, better imho than TA and anything to date really in terms of balence and playability.

Never liked zerg...

Celt
04-07-04, 16:48
As far as I'm concerned TA is just a sink / sub game.
It's two things needed: A strong defence at all times (not hard with big bertha and some small stuff all around)
until you got metal enough, since you won't runt dry.
Then, nukes. Game over.You should try multiplayer rather then skirmish, or at least get a decent(non cheating) AI for it.

Agent L
04-07-04, 17:21
a top down 2d ?

Starcraft is STILL world's most popular net game, in 2004, and a year before, and before and so on...
Another popular e-sports are CS and Quake 3, not too up-to-date too...
I'd call you n00b but others already did that >:-]

Samhain
04-07-04, 17:45

yeah, we're still waiting on Neocron to get caught up with 1999.

Regret
04-07-04, 17:59
The Zerg of course.... they're the closest thing I've found to the Vang Oormlikoowl..

however I prefer starflight and the spemin.

FlashFF
04-07-04, 17:59
a top down 2d ?

Ooooh...
So harsh...
Even in 2004 theres a lot to love abut good old fasioned 2D. Im actually a dev to a 2D MMORPG (Phantasm Souls (http://www.xybercon.com)). Lower graphics means that theres more time to think about gameplay and storyline. Theres nothing better than coming in stressed or knackered and just chilling out to a good old 2D RPG.

So... Yeah... 2D 2D 2D!!!!
:p

Birkoff
04-07-04, 18:27
NC>SC>TA>MIne Sweep > SWG

SC was more popular than CS? omg... lol

Ore u mean most popular RTS?

Koshinn
04-07-04, 18:36
Starcraft is STILL world's most popular net game, in 2004, and a year before, and before and so on...
Another popular e-sports are CS and Quake 3, not too up-to-date too...
I'd call you n00b but others already did that >:-]
Ya I think you're wrong. Starcraft was never more popular that CS.

Agent L
05-07-04, 10:10
Don't look at small gaming communities like Europe or America. Even if we'd all agreed to stop playing SC at once, teh True Gaming Empire, Asia, still outnumbers us all.

Original monk
05-07-04, 14:25
NOD and GDI

Command & Conquer

that would be tiberian sun :)

-REMUS-
05-07-04, 15:46
that would be tiberian sun :)

Is it me or did TS feel different to all the other C&C games past and present? To me it played in a very similar fashion to dark reign or maybe thats just meh?

ufora
05-07-04, 15:58
a top down 2d ?

the best thing even said by a gm, kk employee, or forum mod

Celt
05-07-04, 16:17
the best thing even said by a gm, kk employee, or forum modUntil you realise it's a neocron forum.

Original monk
05-07-04, 16:17
Is it me or did TS feel different to all the other C&C games past and present? To me it played in a very similar fashion to dark reign or maybe thats just meh?

i dunno alot of it to be honest, im a C&C fan tough :)

played a littlebit of starcraft a while ago but im still heavily active with:

tiberian sun, redalert2 (yuri) and generals ZH, i love making my own maps and mods for it to later test and play em with a few people in lan, they give me there opinions: like: daamn that unit is overpowerd, or: common give us free power on this map or sumthing and then we can play again for a couple of hours :)

real fun i must say, only my spoiled friends dont like tiberian sun, they think its waay to basic (while they like renegade :o ) , but myself im a heavy fan of almost every westwood product :) well EA that is now :/

AlphaGremlin
06-07-04, 14:39
Zerg CANE! When it comes to Air Superiority, you build a large quantity of Mutalisks, and then turn them into Devourers :D Then some Guardians to take care of any land troops, a few Overlords and you're set for some base-razing.

TA is such a hacked game around here. 5000 Unit patch, a mobile machine that has a nearly infinite nanolathing range (can't construct anything, or reclaim at a long distance though). Build several hundred, and you can complete Big-Bertha's faster than light-laser towers. Let's just say we've stress-tested that game's engine, and it can bring a modern computer and network to it's knees, without any AI!

Maarten
06-07-04, 15:30
Starcraft has the most balanced sides I've ever seen in a RTS game. Just look at the poll. If one race would be superior to the others, why play the other ones. When it comes to side balance, Starcraft > all.

Has anyone tried Ground Control 2 yet? It's kinda cool.

For those that still play Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge, I've made a mod for it that became one of the most popular in the community. www.eaglered.net

Original monk
06-07-04, 15:36
For those that still play Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge, I've made a mod for it that became one of the most popular in the community. www.eaglered.net

coowl i gonna try this one out as soon as i get home :) i love this stuff :)

i know cannis he's mod and deezire's stuff but this one i havent seen before

seems very nice, only i cant make the screenshots any larger :/ says sumthing about an unaccesible database

look nice tough :P i gonna try it out :) is it pretty balanced ?

de maps zien ze wel maar gewoontjes uit he :D sorryz lol ik kan ze ni deftig vergroten en heb geen FA2 .02 hier :/